Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2021 - Thread banned users post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Wingman2010

From looking at pre markets it may be a Green Day! I need it after a few very bad days last week! I’m not in the game of tipping stocks but have a look at IPIX. It’s currently 0.33 and maybe worth a small punt. It’s not currently on Degiro but I have asked them to add it. I got the usual standard email back saying how busy they’re... Do your own DD; but I will be taking a small punt on this if Degiro add it to their platform.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

From looking at pre markets it may be a Green Day! I need it after a few very bad days last week! I’m not in the game of tipping stocks but have a look at IPIX. It’s currently 0.33 and maybe worth a small punt. It’s not currently on Degiro but I have asked them to add it. I got the usual standard email back saying how busy they’re... Do your own DD; but I will be taking a small punt on this if Degiro add it to their platform.

Sure let us know when you get the it's been added email. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭TheW1zard

NIO is underpriced right now.
    Rose from 4 dollars to 55 last year in 4 months. Wall street backs this stock.
    Should see a 20% rise at some point.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,944 ✭✭✭circadian

Gamma1 wrote: »
    There is a company called Trifol doing same thing in Portlaoise. A bit afraid of anything from Vancouver as I got burned there with a company called Block Technologies Inc in the crypto business.

I think that's more of an indication of the volatility of the crypto business than a company being located in Vancouver. In reality, the majority of companies listed from Vancouver are usually mining/rare-earth or entertainment based.

TheW1zard wrote: »

Think they have an earnings call today. Might be a break out or might be a chance to buy on the dip.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

Yep, it looks like a Green day across the board today, will try to flog some of SPAC under performers and get a bit of cash before another dip.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 ADZAM

SPAC's

I picked up two European SPAC's this morning:
    ESG Core Investments B.V. (ESG.AS) - focused on the European Renewable Energy Sector @ €10.27
    Lakestar SPAC I SE (LRS1.F) - focused on the European Technology Sector @ €11.40

RTP turned out to be an EV flying taxi and announced last week amid the turmoil, it had reached $16 pre-annoucement but took a big hit last week, I might nibble again close to $12.

RTPZ - no announcement yet, it too a hit like everything last week. The rumour is hippo insurance.

RMG Acquisition Corporation II (RMGB) is another new one for, it's an Indian renewable energy company backed by Chamath Palihapitiya, I got in @$12, now at $11, may add to it.

INSU had has now merged into Metromile and is listed as MILE - pay per mile car insurance - it was crushed last week from $18 down to near $14

I think with last weeks downturn, the speculative stocks in particular got creamed, hopefully they can claw back.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭pioneerpro

ADZAM wrote: »
    I think with last weeks downturn, the speculative stocks in particular got creamed, hopefully they can claw back.

Yeah the amount of stuff that went down to near-NAV was insane tbh. Be very interesting to see how VACQ gets on today with its rumour last night - premarket for it is volatile. Was looking at that Euro ESG SPAC alright, looks a good one, but have sunk all my available cash in at this point until MAAC DA's in the near future.

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Wingman2010

TheW1zard wrote: »

I picked up more last Friday at 47. Regret not getting more when it was around 40! I’m confident of this hold for LT.

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭voodoo

Anyone know why it takes upto 2 days for money to transfer into Degiro? It's frustrating when you are trying to pick up some bargains... Looks like today is going to be a Green day - but missed out on some potential bargains on Friday trying to get funds into the account... :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

voodoo wrote: »
    Anyone know why it takes upto 2 days for money to transfer into Degiro? It's frustrating when you are trying to pick up some bargains... Looks like today is going to be a Green day - but missed out on some potential bargains on Friday trying to get funds into the account... :(

T212s iban is equally a slow I'm finding out now, however apparently if you transfer via revolut it's alot faster.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭Robson99

Timmaay wrote: »
    T212s iban is equally a slow I'm finding out now, however apparently if you transfer via revolut it's alot faster.

Over a week waiting for a transfer to show up in T212

Robson99 wrote: »
    Over a week waiting for a transfer to show up in T212

Ahhh fook that, can I cancel it I wonder ha?

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭pioneerpro

Less than 8 hours from an AIB account in my experience; have multiple transactions as recently as last week. Other banks are much slower with everything, even the order in which wages hit our accounts in work.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 steer

Timmaay wrote: »
    Ahhh fook that, can I cancel it I wonder ha?

You'll probably have to send them proof of payment

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭jams100

I transferred last Thursday morning (8:30am) and it was in my account the same day around 2pm (KBC...I guess it depends on what bank your with)

• Registered Users Posts: 40 IrishHusk

voodoo wrote:
    Anyone know why it takes upto 2 days for money to transfer into Degiro? It's frustrating when you are trying to pick up some bargains... Looks like today is going to be a Green day - but missed out on some potential bargains on Friday trying to get funds into the account...

From N26 is about 90 minutes if done in the morning.

jams100 wrote: »
    I transferred last Thursday morning (8:30am) and it was in my account the same day around 2pm (KBC...I guess it depends on what bank your with)

Same experience from KBC. Anything before 10 ish and it's get to you same day, usually in time for the US bell.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

BOI is ****e, takes me 1.5-2 days. If you have an account with trading 212 they take debit card which is amazing but you would already need one they are not approving people at the moment. It looks like the three main brokers degiro, trading212 & IB our not approving anyone. Need someone else to come in and destroy these clowns. The US brokerages are 10 times better.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

pioneerpro wrote: »
    Less than 8 hours from an AIB account in my experience; have multiple transactions as recently as last week. Other banks are much slower with everything, even the order in which wages hit our accounts in work.

Just to confirm this, transferred yesterday evening and was there this morning

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,359 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

SEPA transferring from my N26 card is a matter of hours into Trading212, i find in general transfers from the N26 to be far faster than either my Revolut or KBC cards, no idea why that is.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Atlas_IRL wrote: »
    BOI is ****e, takes me 1.5-2 days. If you have an account with trading 212 they take debit card which is amazing but you would already need one they are not approving people at the moment. It looks like the three main brokers degiro, trading212 & IB our not approving anyone. Need someone else to come in and destroy these clowns. The US brokerages are 10 times better.

0.7% fee with debit cards on t212 after your 1st few grand. I'm gonna start transfering my salary directly into revolut here from now on, definitely time to start ditching the ptsb account.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,853 ✭✭✭daheff

Atlas_IRL wrote: »
    It looks like the three main brokers degiro, trading212 & IB our not approving anyone. Need someone else to come in and destroy these clowns. The US brokerages are 10 times better.

these brokers are doing this to protect the integrity of their platforms. They know they can't handle crazy volume of users so are limiting people accessing it until they have the infrastructure built to accomodate the volumes.

To me thats sensible. Stops outages and all the Robinhood type nonsense that the US brokerages have been doing around the Meme stocks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,944 ✭✭✭circadian

Everything green.

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭DulchieLaois

Well done to anyone who got in on cielo......huge gains soo far today

Should have just done a market buy. Put in an order if it dipped and haven't been keeping an eye on it. Great gains. Is it still rising?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭Bacchus

Yeah, that was a good tip. Lesson learned for me... keep cash to hand.

Can't complain today though, all green. Back to where I was before all the red days.

Momentum with Solarwinds now too, 5 green days and the earnings call out of the way. Still some choppy waters ahead but the investigation is showing more and more that Solarwinds itself was just one piece of the attack and are not solely responsible. That damn stupid password though. I thought that was going to hurt them today (maybe it is) but they're still in the green.

Bacchus wrote: »
    Yeah, that was a good tip. Lesson learned for me... keep cash to hand.

Can't complain today though, all green. Back to where I was before all the red days.

Momentum with Solarwinds now too, 5 green days and the earnings call out of the way. Still some choppy waters ahead but the investigation is showing more and more that Solarwinds itself was just one piece of the attack and are not solely responsible. That damn stupid password though. I thought that was going to hurt them today (maybe it is) but they're still in the green.

They should have used last pass.

Seems to have dipped quite heavily just now. Still up overall though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭bish76

What's wrong with pharma sector recently. Everyting green today apart from GSK or Pfizer.

I put Cielo at limit buy @0.61 before markets opened. Never materialised....

Advertisement