Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2021 - Thread banned users post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭pioneerpro

Actually crazy stuff. Huge amount of these are going to end up expiring worthless.

https://twitter.com/quantian1/status/1365370153144352771

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

DutchYurt wrote: »
    Nearing to -7k to end out the week but just found out my sister gave birth! More to life lads! Enjoy the cans happy friday

I lost 40k this week thanks to CCIV. Easy come easy go.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Posh Boy

cc87 wrote: »
    Interesting upcoming IPO Cellular Goods.

Synthetic cannabinoid products. Has David Beckham as an early investor as is the guy behind Argo.
    With the current buzz around cannabis products could be interesting. Kanabo, the only other cannabis share on the LSE is up from 15p to 40p since IPO on Tuesday

For those UK based, shares can be purchased now through PrimaryBid. 5p a share, min purchase £100, closes tomorrow though.

Couldn't get in on this one due to the lack of UK phone number at registration for the IPO. Good luck to anyone who did, I see they ended up at 19p each at the close.

Any thoughts on the future for this one? Is it worth jumping in at that price given that its a competitive marketplace and they have no products to actually sell at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭Treppen

Posh Boy wrote: »
    Couldn't get in on this one due to the lack of UK phone number at registration for the IPO. Good luck to anyone who did, I see they ended up at 19p each at the close.

Any thoughts on the future for this one? Is it worth jumping in at that price given that its a competitive marketplace and they have no products to actually sell at the moment.

Id say the hype is over.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭Treppen

Jfrog seems to be on the turn now. Might just be Friday night fomo. Wish I wasn't so tied up.
    Tempted to cash in Aphria ... But to emotionally attached lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭pioneerpro

SEC Drop the hammer on a bunch of OTCs due to social media/trading activity fraud just now :

https://www.sec.gov/news/press-release/2021-35

As a result, the SEC suspended trading in the securities of: Bebida Beverage Co. (BBDA); Blue Sphere Corporation (BLSP); Ehouse Global Inc. (EHOS); Eventure Interactive Inc. (EVTI); Eyes on the Go Inc. (AXCG); Green Energy Enterprises Inc. (GYOG); Helix Wind Corp. (HLXW); International Power Group Ltd. (IPWG); Marani Brands Inc. (MRIB); MediaTechnics Corp. (MEDT); Net Talk.com Inc. (NTLK); Patten Energy Solutions Group Inc. (PTTN); PTA Holdings Inc. (PTAH); Universal Apparel & Textile Company (DKGR); and Wisdom Homes of America Inc. (WOFA).

The SEC also recently issued orders temporarily suspending trading in: Bangi Inc. (BNGI); Sylios Corp. (UNGS); Marathon Group Corp. (PDPR); Affinity Beverage Group Inc. (ABVG); All Grade Mining Inc. (HYII); and SpectraScience Inc. (SCIE).

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭bish76

cronos wrote: »

Kudos to hard neck like you. Neither have time nor confidence to put that much on a stock like CCIV.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Serious paper losses, on like unrealised gains for me the last week, but when I add up the value of all the negatives in my shares at the second it only sums up to 3% of my overall portfolio, mostly pennystocks that I really should of flogged on before, or stuff that I bought in the last 2wks.

Timmaay wrote: »
    Serious paper losses, on like unrealised gains for me the last week, but when I add up the value of all the negatives in my shares at the second it only sums up to 3% of my overall portfolio, mostly pennystocks that I really should of flogged on before, or stuff that I bought in the last 2wks.

Yes this was all profits for the CCIV transaction. I had an average of 17 and had been adding into CCIV from 12 as it was rising through the teens, then it doubled and doubled again. Obviously then it halved which left me with the unrealised gains, still up overall. Got greedy, never really thought the deal would end with such a mad sell off, I was aware that there can be a sell off on the pop but think this is a record. Have to consider reentering depending how things go, just won't be for as big an amount this time, I was just letting the winnings ride last time. This time I'd be treating it normally as part of a diversified portfolio.

I need to switch to an account with after hours access as I could have sold off as it's rough to watch something like that sell off when you can do nothing about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭crazy_kenny

Lads anyone explain why $FSR took off today? No cars on the road until Q4 2022. It nearly overtook $CCIV.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭cc87

Posh Boy wrote: »

I've sold half my initial investment and will leave the rest to see what happens. Worth keeping an eye on I think.

Any early investors are locked in for either 6 or 12 (depending on investor) months post-IPO so there's still motivation for the share price to increase. They won't have products on the market until autumn-ish I think as well so theres likely to be some hype then along with the usual CBD hype that's floating around now.

Plus PrimaryBid purchased shares aren't available on all platforms yet so there's likely to be some volume on Monday which might drop the price a bit more.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭johny33

Lads anyone explain why $FSR took off today? No cars on the road until Q4 2022. It nearly overtook $CCIV.

Made some contract with foxconn about car developing. Foxconn does stuff for Apple. So assumption is that fisker is a new apple car...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

johny33 wrote: »
    Made some contract with foxconn about car developing. Foxconn does stuff for Apple. So assumption is that fisker is a new apple car...

Yep had a good day today with fisker and cciv but still down around 4k for the week. Its the foxconn deal I haven't looked into it properly yet cause fisker is a buy and forget hold for me and has been trading in the same range for ages, had a big upgrade by morgan stanley which I posted earlier about to $40. Not sure why they need magna and now foxconn. Fisker wont join with Apple - he owns the company with his wife would make no sense, I would guess Apple would either buy someone out right or more partner with an OEM.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Thinking about it I'm something in around that ballpark down on nndm which is my 2nd biggest holding from its peak (at 10 now, was 17$), and I'm actually lucky I took reasonable profits around 13$. Moving forward however I think I'll be alot slower to let individual stocks build up to represent that significant a fraction of my portfolio, right now I've positions in over 30 companies, I get that fomo feeling when I see one company pump like 30% in a short timeframe and think if only I had alot more shares in that, but then I look at NNDM, thats a very heavy hit for me. If I can keep any individual company at roughly 10% at most of my portfolio that's a reasonably target I think. I'm learning the hard way that the much better long term aim should be to reduce the risk of any serious gut punches like NNDM.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Chuckie_Egg

Added to my main positions today, still no sign of netflix taking a dive
    I had over 12% of my portfolio in cash 3 weeks ago, now down to less than 2%. I need a green day soon or I'll be out of powder
    Have a good weekend folks, health is wealth so a bit of exercise needed tomorrow to clear my head!!!

40K of your investment or 40k of profit you could have grabbed?

40K of your investment or 40k of profit you could have grabbed?

40k profit.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭dontparkhere

Renewable energy group has pulled back 20% over the past week, earnings slightly lower than expected and an issue with incorrectly claiming btc credits for blending fuel which will cost 38 million. Credits were the customers to claim rather than regi's. Back to my entry point and would buy up more but already have 25% in them.

Rkt- direct to consumer mortgage origination and refinance company. Announced better earnings than expected and a ~5% dividend. Adjusted ebitda of 11bn and market cap of 43bn. 40% short interest and from what I gather shorts will be stung by dividends. Real dog of a stock that looks like it's about to take off periodically but never does, just fluctuates between 19 and 22. Adjusted ebitda of 11bn and market cap of 43bn. I had sold the open and bought the close successfully a couple of times. Sold it after opening with the intent to buy back just before close but forgot so will probably rocket off on Monday.

Greensky found by accident whilst searching financials on gsk, allows small businesses to offer loans to customers. Thinking of moving half out of rkt into gsky pending some more research.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,327 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

40k profit.

You didn't lose 40k then. You missed out on profit. Big difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭DutchYurt

6 wrote: »
    You didn't lose 40k then. You missed out on profit. Big difference.

Naaah sorry lad this doesnt sit well with me, he lost 40k in profit/green of his account but how many hours, days, weeks, months, years has this person given their life of trading to build that profit.

I hate this bollix of of "its just profit youve lost",yeah its profit, but that profit didnt come easy, that profit didn't come with risk. Don't underplay a lose for people, whilst it may not hurt in the pocket (and ive been someone -5k when I shouldnt have been) don't dismiss anyones loss even if its from profit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭plasmin

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭massdebater

6% drop for the portfolio this week, worst since March last year but still only bring me back to where we were 2 weeks ago so some perspective is healthy

Pretty much everything down - only DKNG, DIS and AC up for the week. Was holding 13% in cash before this but down to 9% after topping up some positions.

Not selling anything, will keep averaging down if the drop continues over the next few weeks. Hope everyone is able to keep a level head and not panic sell

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

Down a few percent this week and about 15%-20% overall but not worried in the slightest. Money is invested for the long term and I'm confident that 90% of my portfolio will deliver for me over the next few years while the remaining 10% are speculative punts where if 1 of them comes in, it'll be a very nice bonus.

Weeks like this happen. Without meaning to piss anyone off, if you're going to invest, this **** comes with the territory.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,327 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

DutchYurt wrote: »
    Naaah sorry lad this doesnt sit well with me, he lost 40k in profit/green of his account but how many hours, days, weeks, months, years has this person given their life of trading to build that profit.

I hate this bollix of of "its just profit youve lost",yeah its profit, but that profit didnt come easy, that profit didn't come with risk. Don't underplay a lose for people, whilst it may not hurt in the pocket (and ive been someone -5k when I shouldnt have been) don't dismiss anyones loss even if its from profit.

Not underplaying it at all. It's not profit until it's cashed out. That's when you actually receive the gain.

I hear you what you're saying though. The regret of not selling when stock soars. We've all been there.

40k profit.

It's a right stomach punch, maybe a bit badly played in that you could have taken some profit but you were a bit unlucky too.
    I've done similar in the past too so you learn by your mistakes I guess. It's easy to have hindsight and tell lads to take profits when available but you also need to let a position run to maximize the return.
    The worst outcome of this is it knocks your confidence so the next time you are in a position like that you'll do the opposite and exit too early!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,385 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Crazy month. Weekly gains/losses

Week 1 +10.6%
    Week 2 +10.4%
    Week 3 +10.2%
    Week 4 -16.1%

Overall up 10.5% for the month and 21.6% for the year, mainly backed by the Crypto stuff.

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Crazy month. Weekly gains/losses

Week 1 +10.6%
    Week 2 +10.4%
    Week 3 +10.2%
    Week 4 -16.1%

Overall up 10.5% for the month and 21.6% for the year, mainly backed by the Crypto stuff.

Those swings are a bit on the high side, you must be speculative heavy in your port folio

• Registered Users Posts: 9,385 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Those swings are a bit on the high side, you must be speculative heavy in your port folio

I'm about 25/30% Crypto which has huge volatility

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭Gorteen

Am I naive to think that with the departure of UB, AIB & BoI could benefit from the windfall of "new" customers?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭crushproof

Portfolio down overall 11%, I think my portfolio became too tech focused over the past few months. Plays like NNDM and GEVO are way way down and likewise SPAC's (looking at you CCIV). I stupidly delayed getting into travel related stocks, Easyjet and TRIP are my biggest greens and I should have got into more. Was so obvious they'd continue to gain.

Ah well, it's all long term so see how it plays out, at least BTC hasn't crashed....yet!

Advertisement