Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gordon Elliott

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

Davy Russell to take out trainers licence and run the horses for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭Kauto

Dodge wrote: »
    It’s always the whistleblowers fault...

It wasn't for the good of the sport so in this instance, yes it is the whistleblowers fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭jakiah

Kauto wrote: »
    It wasn't for the good of the sport so in this instance, yes it is the whistleblowers fault.

That's some hot take. Do you think Elliot has any responsibility here?

wardides wrote: »
    Assuming you're hinting that this was leaked by KH. I don't think she would do so, far too engrained in the sport.

I don't know who leaked it... I'm sure it will become public knowledge soon enough.
    I'm sure whoever released it probably didn't realise how much damage this would do.

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭lemush

wardides wrote: »
    Assuming you're hinting that this was leaked by KH. I don't think she would do so, far too engrained in the sport.

Agreed

• Advertisement

jakiah wrote: »
    That's some hot take. Do you think Elliot has any responsibility here?

Obviously. A moment of madness. I don't like the guy but he is going to pay a severe price for something that happened a long time ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Dwarf.Shortage

Obviously. A moment of madness. I don't like the guy but he is going to pay a severe price for something that happened a long time ago.

In the absence of any real reason to think he has changed it doesn’t matter that it’s from 2019. It’s not like he was a child when it happened.

It happened in 2019, not 1961.

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Raisins

Whoever released the photo(seems to be the same name going round) has damaged the sport immensely of which they are a part off.

I highly doubt he/she will be well received over the coming months and I'd say her mother is fuming!! Put a lot of jobs at risk.

It’s not the person who released the photo’s fault.

Raisins wrote: »
    It’s not the person who released the photo’s fault.

It 100% is. It was not done out of concern for the animal.

• Advertisement

Gigginstown just released statement saying they are sticking by him. Fair play to Mick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭Coybig_

A crazy way of looking at things.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,194 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Where as sitting on it while you’re on the phone was?

See we can all use spurious logic...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,157 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

The fact that he is posing with a big gurn on his face, and the fact that the picture is captioned with a joke.

So yes, posing and joking.

You think he put the caption on the photo?
    You really do don't you!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 41 The Hoarse Whisperer

Gigginstown just released statement saying they are sticking by him. Fair play to Mick.

Was their horse apparently

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭wardides

In fairness he's not exactly stricken with grief. Not that i'd expect him to, horses passing away isn't exactly rare.

Does say a bit about the culture in the yard though, if a worker thought it would be funny to take a picture of it, and even more so that Gordon thought it funny enough to pose.

It was one of his staff. Everyone was having a laugh.

The fact that someone else in the yard took it and also thinks its a lark surely makes it worse? That points to the general attitude of the yard being one of disrespect toward the animal, rather than a 'moment of madness' by one individual.

Some of you lads would be best placed saying nothing at all.

It was one of his staff. Everyone was having a laugh.

Wow! So now you know that 'everyone was having a laugh'
    Good job you're not into spreading gossip !

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭Plasandrunt

The fact that someone else in the yard took it and also thinks its a lark surely makes it worse? That points to the general attitude of the yard being one of disrespect toward the animal, rather than a 'moment of madness' by one individual.

Have you just set up an account today to come onto a horse racing forum and stick the boots to the sport?

Surely there's somewhere else where you can do that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

What planet are you living on? 100% the whistleblowers fault? How can any person come to that conclusion? Really? Gordon Elliott wouldn't even say that.

Have you just set up an account today to come onto a horse racing forum and stick the boots to the sport?

Surely there's somewhere else where you can do that?

He has a fair point though.

Were you ever in a horse trainers yard?

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭irish_major

I'm shocked at how shocked people are that Gordon Elliot could do such a thing!

Surrounded by scumbags, clearly a dubious character himself and the videos that have circulated in recent weeks from his yard bar show a man who thinks he's untouchable. Hopefully he gets a hefty suspension for the trouble this will cause the wider racing community. ****ing idiot

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Raisins

People arguing that it’s not a big deal because the horse was dead or that it’s the person who leaked the photos fault would want to get real.

Inappropriate pictures / chats that end up on WhatsApp and bring a sport into disrepute can destroy a sportspersons career. Paddy Jackson learned that lesson.

Smiling and sitting on a dead horse lying on the gallops while making a peace sign to camera. What an idiot.

Surrounded by scumbags, clearly a dubious character himself and the videos that have circulated in recent weeks from his yard bar show a man who thinks he's untouchable. Hopefully he gets a hefty suspension for the trouble this will cause the wider racing community. ****ing idiot
    Has it not been confirmed that video is from a year or 2 back and not when it was claimed? Surrounded by what scumbags?
    You're surprised were shocked? Do you think we follow the sport expecting the animals to get treated with no respect? I for one certainly dont. From my little experience any horse I've been involved with or yard I've visited(including Gordons) it's always been a case of horse is number one and respect is important in life and death. This goes totally against that. So being shocked is not ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭irish_major

Has it not been confirmed that video is from a year or 2 back and not when it was claimed? Surrounded by what scumbags?
    You're surprised were shocked? Do you think we follow the sport expecting the animals to get treated with no respect? I for one certainly dont. From my little experience any horse I've been involved with or yard I've visited(including Gordons) it's always been a case of horse is number one and respect is important in life and death. This goes totally against that. So being shocked is not ridiculous.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/courts/high-court/ninety-per-cent-of-cheltenham-winning-horse-bought-with-proceeds-of-crime-court-1.4063092

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭mobby

This 100%. A disgusting photograph that shows his true colours.

Only sorry now because he was caught out.

Anyone says sure its just a death horse is as bad.

Hopefully karma will get him in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,404 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Twitter didn't take long to react.

https://twitter.com/gordondeadhorse

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭lemush

Advertisement