Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheltenham 2021 Antepost

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭marty whelan

anyone thinking campeador could be good bet for Martin Pipe? any improvement in ground should help

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

zpehtsfd wrote: »
    Sorry yes opening price (i knew someone would correct me on that but was too lazy to change it).

Got them off PP website evening before raceday.

Thanks.

I have been working on a database for about a year now, trying to speed it up at the moment and figure out the best and quickest data to display on the racecards.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

MOD NOTE

Back on topic folks.

This is not the place to be discussing a certain trainers love life and a potentially damaging pic which may or may not be real. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Limestone1

Bet365 NRNB now
    Paying best prices on top 3 in Champion Hurdle. Honeysuckle 11/4

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

The Mig wrote: »
    MOD NOTE

Back on topic folks.

This is not the place to be discussing a certain trainers love life and a potentially damaging pic which may or may not be real. Thanks

Surely trainers are relevant?

• Advertisement

Surely trainers are relevant?

They are if you want to mention one of his horses you’re backing.

They are if you want to mention one of his horses you’re backing.

He has 59 entries, if all is not in order at his yard he is very relevant to Cheltenham discussion.

He has 59 entries, if all is not in order at his yard he is very relevant to Cheltenham discussion.

Absolutely very relevant Widdensushi. No problem with you throwing up selections or discussing some of the runners from his stable.
    Anything outside of that you might find yourself with a infraction.

So again, back on topic folks!

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Morleystreet

blackcard wrote: »
    I wouldn't be taking those odds for the Prestbury Cup. I expect Ireland to do well enough in the Championship races but half the races are handicaps with Ireland having a minority of the runners. In a couple of the races, Ireland may only have one or two runners, in others maybe 4 or 5 out of 20 or so runners. I think the results have been a bit freakish the last couple of years and I don't think the handicapper will be kind. Even in some of the championship races, Irish horses will be vastly outnumbered. Ireland may have a lot of the favourites but if anything happens the favourite, Britain are best placed to win. If I got 2/1, I would be lumping it on Britain.

Just for info - UK are 9/2 and Ireland are 1/5. (PP - under specials).

Having backed petit moucher I hope any issues at the yard are resolved with positive outcomes soon, it would not be good for irish racing or racing in general for any other outcome.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭EICVD

Gordon tweeted that the IHRB are aware of the photo being circulated & he’s cooperating with the investigation, no statement that it’s not true though....

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Having backed petit moucher I hope any issues at the yard are resolved with positive outcomes soon, it would not be good for irish racing or racing in general for any other outcome.

Glens of Antrim a very interesting one on his run behind The Stattler. That's good form, and she didn't jump that day at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

I was all for Us and Them last year

Seems have been quietly prepared for this year.

Anyone else think its a plot?

abarkie wrote: »

Think a lot of us were on him last year!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

abarkie wrote: »

Was all about him last year. He'll be of a lower mark , in a race where race form is huge. Its a NRNB advantage here, JOB wont be sending him without a chance. Ground looks to be better this year as well. (long rage forecast)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

aidankkk wrote: »
    Was all about him last year. He'll be of a lower mark , in a race where race form is huge. Its a NRNB advantage here, JOB wont be sending him without a chance. Ground looks to be better this year as well. (long rage forecast)

Looks like 25/1 across the board

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Labaik

Hopefully another few lbs dropped for Call Me Lord after todays effort

• Registered Users Posts: 6,014 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

I would not recommend Patrick Veitch's book (not Vietch). There is little or nothing to learn from it.
    Veitch started off with Exponential (2002), a 2yo gelding who ran 13th of 13 on its debut, beaten 17 lengths. In its second race on 16th August 2004 it opened at 100/1, and started at 8/1. Google says Veitch made almost a quarter of a million on the race. "(trainer said, regarding the improved form shown, gelding benefited from the experience of its first run and had also strengthened up between its two races)". :rolleyes:

Enemy Number One, the secrets of the UK's most feared professional punter, by Patrick Veitch, reveals nothing, perhaps because he has no secrets, except horses running very badly, and then running very well, for reasons known only to him.

That's not the point. Veitch explains simply in the first few paragraphs the basics behind value punting over the pursuit for winners. I could've picked a dozen different books, I just went with the highest profile individual that came to mind in a split second, while ranting on a longer post. Unfortunately the true Don of the game, Tony Bloom, doesn't tend to pen his football memoirs.

Do you always correct typo's? I thought mods frowned upon that?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭The Tetrarch

Hulk Hands wrote: »
    Do you always correct typo's? I thought mods frowned upon that?
    Mods frown on others moderating the forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

Will Blackmore get the Envoi Allen ride now?

• Advertisement

Will Blackmore get the Envoi Allen ride now?

Jack keeping the ride

• Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭The Rooster

Jack keeping the ride

The guy from Cheveley Park said Davy or Jack on Sky, depending on fitness. He said Davy's name first, but no idea if that means anything!

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Coneygree

The guy from Cheveley Park said Davy or Jack on Sky, depending on fitness. He said Davy's name first, but no idea if that means anything!

Sure Davey is out for a while anyway so Jack will be on for Cheltenham.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,165 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

Don't suppose the odds will fluctuate much on Elliots horses as a result of all the hysteria?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭The Rooster

Don't suppose the odds will fluctuate much on Elliots horses as a result of all the hysteria?
    A bloke from one of the betting companies (can't remember which one, other than it began with "Bet" :) and they are NRNB and BOG) was on telly earlier, said they are being very cautious and that everyone else seems to be the same (those who are NRNB anyway).

He said it'll be on the day that there might be value for these horses.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,165 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

I would imagine Davy pointing out on prime time that the horses would be affected by moving yards would affect the odds.

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭carq

Its a bit unprecdented!
    Lots of odds on favourites changing yards, possibly changing feeds, stable hands all 2 weeks before the fest.

I will be opposing all the horses moving for the festival i think.

carq wrote: »
    Its a bit unprecdented!
    Lots of odds on favourites changing yards, possibly changing feeds, stable hands all 2 weeks before the fest.

I will be opposing all the horses moving for the festival i think.

Could very well be a good angle.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,740 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Anybody gone off elliots former horse's over the disruption so close to the festival

Have Zanhiyr and Ballyadam backed but thinking of cashing out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

as paul nicholls put it, its not ideal, definately not a plus.

feed, training regime etc will all be changed. some horses might transition well, some might not.

as paul says, some of the horses he got off willie took the best part of a year to settle in

Advertisement