Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheltenham 2021 Antepost

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭Stevieluvsye

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    Don't buy a horse unless you don't need the money. Seriously, they cost a fortune to buy... then monthly fees... vets... jockeys.... transport... entries.... vets.... knobbling....feed......trainer fees.... After all that the phucker won't even recognise you.

Only buy one for the craic and be prepared to lose all your money.

If you are mad keen to have an interest have a look at a syndicate. It will cost you a lot less and you will get to meet new people and get a few days at the races out of it.

Very true! We were lucky that we had very few vets bills but was an expensive enough little hobby but affordable. We followed the horse to most tracks around Ireland. The only time it won in Sligo i wasn't there :rolleyes:

The problem was Dessie Hghes used to fancy it nearly everytime it was running so i lost as much backing it :D

Give you an idea, it was rated 35 odd on the flat and 70 odd over timber

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Coneygree wrote: »
    Defi Du Seuil :(

Exactly, a classic example. Although he will win more races, Hobbs will only try him once a year now. Look out for him in handicaps and lesser grades down the line. I reckon his grade 1 days are over though. 20/1 available for the Queen mother..... went off 2/5 on last year. This game is a doddle.

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Coneygree

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    Exactly, a classic example. Although he will win more races, Hobbs will only try him once a year now. Look out for him in handicaps and lesser grades down the line. I reckon his grade 1 days are over though. 20/1 available for the Queen mother..... went off 2/5 on last year. This game is a doddle.

I'd love for Hobbs to throw him in the Ryanair and if he flops there then start looking at smaller races here and there. Easy to forget he won that JLT and had he not looked so good over 2 the start of last season he might have ran in the Ryanair last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

I'd love for Hobbs to throw him in the Ryanair and if he flops there then start looking at smaller races here and there. Easy to forget he won that JLT and had he not looked so good over 2 the start of last season he might have ran in the Ryanair last year.

Agree re Defi
    So unfortunate to look at Defi and Le Richbourg and think how good the 2m division would be now with them firing on all cylinders V Chacun !

There is every chance that Hobbs has him on easy street.

If you look at how he has trained his good ones in the past, he only pushes the button once a year. Captain Chris, Wishful Thinking, Menorah, Detroit City etc etc.

Defi could turn up this year at a price yet, he would not he running him if there was a niggle or anything like it. It might not be Cheltenham either, there is still a grade 1 at Aintree, Sandown and Punchestown in his division.

• Advertisement

Agree re Defi
    So unfortunate to look at Defi and Le Richbourg and think how good the 2m division would be now with them firing on all cylinders V Chacun !

To be fair to Le Richebourg he's been very unfortunate with injuries and has looked a shadow of himself due to it. It would appear Defi has just spit the dummy out.

2m division could badly do with Shiskin, Energumene and a few more training on well next season to challenge Chacun Pour Soi. Sick to death of seeing horses like Politologue being near odds on favourite for a grade 1 or horses like Sceau Royal unable to make up its mind whether it wants hurdles or fences.

On the plus side I think next year's Arkle could be decent. As soon as I hear he's okay, I'll be punting hard on Ferny Hollow for it.

To be fair to Le Richebourg he's been very unfortunate with injuries and has looked a shadow of himself due to it. It would appear Defi has just spit the dummy out.

2m division could badly do with Shiskin, Energumene and a few more training on well next season to challenge Chacun Pour Soi. Sick to death of seeing horses like Politologue being near odds on favourite for a grade 1 or horses like Sceau Royal unable to make up its mind whether it wants hurdles or fences.

On the plus side I think next year's Arkle could be decent. As soon as I hear he's okay, I'll be punting hard on Ferny Hollow for it.

Ferny Hollow could be an absolute monster
    Beat appreciate it, beat Bob Olinger cosily. Once they got him right he was an absolute machine

Percy, Monalee, Bristol De Mai and Waiting Patiently notable horses pulled from the Gold Cup.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Labaik

The Storeyteller going the WH. NC form is 1-2. Cracking value @14/1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

Labaik wrote: »
    The Storeyteller going the WH. NC form is 1-2. Cracking value @14/1

Who will Donohoe ride? Ronald pump be going there too and his form behind Homesysuckle in the Hatton Hrace looks alright.

• Advertisement

What entries does Kemboy have? Still reckon he misses Cheltenham for Punchestown

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭Stevieluvsye

What entries does Kemboy have? Still reckon he misses Cheltenham for Punchestown

Still in the GC, but stayers hurdle could be the target

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

Id say the bowl is the target

Still not a word on Gypsy Island
    I had such high hopes a couple of years back
    She was electric

He doesnt jump well enough to win a Gold Cup. Clattered nearly every fence in his last 3 runs over C+D.

Surely Aso is aimed at something like the Ultima or Brown Advisory?

Tony Keenan put up The Storyteller for the Stayers @ 20/1 and when you think about it, it makes a tonne of sense

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Tony Keenan put up The Storyteller for the Stayers @ 20/1 and when you think about it, it makes a tonne of sense

He'll always be there of thereabouts.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Slattsy wrote: »
    He'll always be there of thereabouts.

Ill take the 22s on 365 not NRNB though

• Registered Users Posts: 3,904 ✭✭✭blackcard

Pogue eile wrote: »
    It was 4/7 last year, wont see a market for this until the week.

Be doing well to get 1/3 this year.

I wouldn't be taking those odds for the Prestbury Cup. I expect Ireland to do well enough in the Championship races but half the races are handicaps with Ireland having a minority of the runners. In a couple of the races, Ireland may only have one or two runners, in others maybe 4 or 5 out of 20 or so runners. I think the results have been a bit freakish the last couple of years and I don't think the handicapper will be kind. Even in some of the championship races, Irish horses will be vastly outnumbered. Ireland may have a lot of the favourites but if anything happens the favourite, Britain are best placed to win. If I got 2/1, I would be lumping it on Britain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,863 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

All Kemboys form is on flat courses, Aintree would be ideal for him, but reckon its probably Punchestown alright

blackcard wrote: »
    I wouldn't be taking those odds for the Prestbury Cup. I expect Ireland to do well enough in the Championship races but half the races are handicaps with Ireland having a minority of the runners. In a couple of the races, Ireland may only have one or two runners, in others maybe 4 or 5 out of 20 or so runners. I think the results have been a bit freakish the last couple of years and I don't think the handicapper will be kind. Even in some of the championship races, Irish horses will be vastly outnumbered. Ireland may have a lot of the favourites but if anything happens the favourite, Britain are best placed to win. If I got 2/1, I would be lumping it on Britain.

Why do you think this? COVID?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭hawaii501

Definitely Punchestown I'd say, why would Mullins even bother sending him to Aintree this year as the prize money will more than likely be terrible as well so I think he'll be campaigned to regain his Punchestown gold cup.

Why do you think this? COVID?

Our runners in 2020 were as follows: Grand Annual 5, Fulke Walwyn Kim Muir 5, Festival Plate 6, Pertemps 8 of 24, Cross Country Chase 5, National Hunt Chase 4, Novices Handicap Chase 6

Arkle 4, Queen Mother 0, Marsh Novice Chase 5

I think due to Covid-19 we will be down on these numbers this year

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭Plasandrunt

Storyteller rated 167 on his chase form, surely he gets supplemented somewhere?

blackcard wrote: »
    Our runners in 2020 were as follows: Grand Annual 5, Fulke Walwyn Kim Muir 5, Festival Plate 6, Pertemps 8 of 24, Cross Country Chase 5, National Hunt Chase 4, Novices Handicap Chase 6

Arkle 4, Queen Mother 0, Marsh Novice Chase 5

I think due to Covid-19 we will be down on these numbers this year

Well, you will definitley get 2/1 and plenty bigger besides, good luck with it, I think you're mad if i'm honest!

Ireland win the 3 mares races and the bumper without even trying, be astounded if we dont win the two juvenile races, thats a 6-0 lead straight off the bat and then you have CPS, Envoi, Appreciate It, Monkfish, Al Boum, Billaway, Galvin, Honeysuckle etc.

Even if we underperform in the handicaps and I see no reason why,every single UK favourite would need to win just to make it competitive.

Ireland to win 20+ would be a price I'd like to see.

Ireland to win 20+ would be a price I'd like to see.

8 / 1 with bet fair.

check the specials.

19 winners is 4/1

On that theory 21 winners must be 16 /1

Well, you will definitley get 2/1 and plenty bigger besides, good luck with it, I think you're mad if i'm honest!

Ireland win the 3 mares races and the bumper without even trying, be astounded if we dont win the two juvenile races, thats a 6-0 lead straight off the bat and then you have CPS, Envoi, Appreciate It, Monkfish, Al Boum, Billaway, Galvin, Honeysuckle etc.

Even if we underperform in the handicaps and I see no reason why,every single UK favourite would need to win just to make it competitive.

Elimay is 4/1 to win, the Mares Novice is 7/1 the field. , Zanahiyd is 11/4 in the triumph, The Juvenile Handicap Hurdle is 10/1 the field, Al Boum Photo is 3/1, Appreciate It is 7/4, Galvin 4/1, Honeysuckle 5/2 so you might expect maybe 2 to 3 of these horses to win

Envoi Allen 5/6 and Monkfish 4/5 so maybe one of these to win. Chacun Du Soir at 10/11, Billaway 7/2Concertista is 7/4, so maybe one of these to win

you have races like the Ultima Chase 10/1 the field, Coral Cup 14/1 the field, Cross Country Chase7/1, Grand Annual 8/1, Maribella 9/1, Kim Muir 8/1 the field, Ryanhair favourite is Allaho at 5/1. Pertemps 8/1 the field, County Hurdle 11/1 the field, Albert Bartlett 9/1 teh field,Martin Pipe 11/1. It is actually freakish the number of handicaps that Ireland have won in the last few years. In many case, an Irish outsider has won but the odds say this won't happen again

You can argue that Ireland have a number of chances in a number o f the Championship races but I would definitely take 2/1 on Britain

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,760 ✭✭✭Motivator

Storyteller rated 167 on his chase form, surely he gets supplemented somewhere?

World Hurdle is the plan and has been for some time it appears.

Advertisement