Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheltenham 2021 Antepost

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭Anniepowaaa

zpehtsfd wrote: »
    Patrick Mullins not turning pro for Cheltenham.

So Townend on Sharjah and Appreciate it. Wonder who gets the ride on Melon.
    Danny

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭stretchaq

zpehtsfd wrote: »
    Patrick Mullins not turning pro for Cheltenham.

So Townend on Sharjah and Appreciate it. Wonder who gets the ride on Melon.

Disappointed with this I think he rides Sharjah great have no issue with Townsend just like Patrick/Sharjah combo

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭Plasandrunt

According to timeform Galvin has moved to Ian Ferguson

https://www.timeform.com/horse-racing/racecards/cheltenham/2021-03-16/1650/10/7

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

According to timeform Galvin has moved to Ian Ferguson

https://www.timeform.com/horse-racing/racecards/cheltenham/2021-03-16/1650/10/7

D****

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

The Shunter ran a great race in Kelso yesterday. Won at 5/2

Odds for county hurdle now 7's-10's

Similar odds for PP plate and challenge cup

Interesting to see which one he runs in. The county hurdle would give an extra couple of days rest, so I hope that will be the target.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

Darc19 wrote: »
    The Shunter ran a great race in Kelso yesterday. Won at 5/2

Odds for county hurdle now 7's-10's

Similar odds for PP plate and challenge cup

Interesting to see which one he runs in. The county hurdle would give an extra couple of days rest, so I hope that will be the target.

His chase form was franked today. He might be less exposed over fences.
    Saturday was a tough slog regardless, would be some effort if he won the bonus.

When is the next declaration stage for the handicaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭maximo31

Could be time to set up a page for each day of Cheltenham? It was done around this date last year......

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭Plasandrunt

Slattsy wrote: »
    When is the next declaration stage for the handicaps?

6 days decs start from Wednesday

6 days decs start from Wednesday

Great, wasnt sure!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41 The Hoarse Whisperer

A horse thats interesting me at the moment is VINNDICATION. Entered in the Gold Cup and the Stayers Hurdle at 40s and 20s. Looks overpriced in both to me. Has gone off favourite in 9 of his last 10 races against some decent animals so has obviously been well regarded, goes well fresh and ran a cracker off top weight in the Ultima at last years festival. Sure it might be hard to see him beating the principles in either but really think he can outrun his odds especially given the improvement weve seen in Kim Baileys horses this season. Perhaps grab at place a big odds. Ya never know!

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Niallers87

A horse thats interesting me at the moment is VINNDICATION. Entered in the Gold Cup and the Stayers Hurdle at 40s and 20s. Looks overpriced in both to me. Has gone off favourite in 9 of his last 10 races against some decent animals so has obviously been well regarded, goes well fresh and ran a cracker off top weight in the Ultima at last years festival. Sure it might be hard to see him beating the principles in either but really think he can outrun his odds especially given the improvement weve seen in Kim Baileys horses this season. Perhaps grab at place a big odds. Ya never know!
    They talked up his chances on the paddy power preview this evening

• Registered Users Posts: 41 The Hoarse Whisperer

Niallers87 wrote: »
    They talked up his chances on the paddy power preview this evening

Thanks. Just watched it back there. Frank Hickey says they have him priced at 12s now for the Stayers and could possibly go off at half that if he turns up! Yet I can see Will Hills has him out as far as 22s. 10 point difference and almost double the price. Well I can say I probably wouldnt be backing him at 6s anyway, perhaps at 12s but definately looks a bet at 22s to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭madmoose

Thanks. Just watched it back there. Frank Hickey says they have him priced at 12s now for the Stayers and could possibly go off at half that if he turns up! Yet I can see Will Hills has him out as far as 22s. 10 point difference and almost double the price. Well I can say I probably wouldnt be backing him at 6s anyway, perhaps at 12s but definately looks a bet at 22s to me.

Hills aren’t nrnb but ladbrokes and coral are at 20/1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭del roy

Vinndication has not been seen in competitive action since unseating his rider in the Ladbrokes Trophy at Newbury in November.

“If we were to run Vinndication in the Stayers’, David Bass would ride – so therefore when we were working the horses this morning, it was important Ciaran Gethings had the chance to sit on Younevercall (with a view to riding at Cheltenham),” said Bailey

“I’m sitting on the fence at this moment in time with Vinndication. It will probably be the end of next week before we make a decision – as close as possible (to the meeting).

“He’s been schooling over fences and hurdles, and I really want to see where I am.

“My biggest problem with him is the last time he ran was at Newbury, and he unseated. Until he parted company with his jockey, he was jumping brilliantly and I need to have it in my own mind that he can do that again (to run in the Gold Cup).

“It’s a difficult one for everybody. I don’t want to say one way or t’other, and then change my mind.”

Trainer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭maximo31

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Labaik

del roy wrote: »
    Vinndication has not been seen in competitive action since unseating his rider in the Ladbrokes Trophy at Newbury in November.

“If we were to run Vinndication in the Stayers’, David Bass would ride – so therefore when we were working the horses this morning, it was important Ciaran Gethings had the chance to sit on Younevercall (with a view to riding at Cheltenham),” said Bailey

“I’m sitting on the fence at this moment in time with Vinndication. It will probably be the end of next week before we make a decision – as close as possible (to the meeting).

“He’s been schooling over fences and hurdles, and I really want to see where I am.

“My biggest problem with him is the last time he ran was at Newbury, and he unseated. Until he parted company with his jockey, he was jumping brilliantly and I need to have it in my own mind that he can do that again (to run in the Gold Cup).

“It’s a difficult one for everybody. I don’t want to say one way or t’other, and then change my mind.”

Trainer

Bailey is some horseman. You can just tell by those short quotes he has the horses best interests at heart. Would love to see First Flow win the CC for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭famagusta

Bet 365 finally gone NRNB, the prices are terrible though, really shortened everything.
    they obviously weren't keen on getting involved antepost this year which is odd as they are usually one of the first?!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,567 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Paddy power giving a fiver free bet everyday apart from gold cup day

famagusta wrote: »
    Bet 365 finally gone NRNB, the prices are terrible though, really shortened everything.
    they obviously weren't keen on getting involved antepost this year which is odd as they are usually one of the first?!

Must be a week now. Where d**** have you been!! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭famagusta

Slattsy wrote: »
    Must be a week now. Where d**** have you been!! :pac:

Ah i seen it at the weekend alright, took a few days to get over the shock!!

I don't know what the story is this year though, bookies very late at the antepost..

The build up is a bit low key this year

• Registered Users Posts: 5,173 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

I don't know what the story is this year though, bookies very late at the antepost..

I don't agree, Gordon elliot and Cheltenham have been anything but low key

If you know a horses destination then AP going this late was fantastic, as you could see horses prices with other firms much shorter as they were nrnb. Could still get 10/1 when horses were 5/6s elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

MOD edit

MOD edit

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Coneygree

MOD edit

MOD edit

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

MOD edit

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

MOD edit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02