Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BGW and DGW 20/21 Discussion thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,113 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

I'm a little bit behind in my ML and a Salah TC is really tempting me. It'll be a huge differential as leaders don't have him, but Bruno... they'll be captaining him so the safer bet would be just to TC him.

Any suggestions? I'm not sure I'm strong enough to resist a Salah TC differential. On paper Chelsea is a tough one but I think the way they set up will suit Salah.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,626 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Looks like there has been a fallout from Matt Targett, the Villa physio and the Villa performance analyst all selling Jack Grealish from their FPL teams before the deadline.

Behind a paywall but you get the jist
    https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/aston-villa-ban-players-from-fantasy-football-after-news-of-jack-grealishs-injury-was-leaked-lsnstfcnh
    Aston Villa have banned their players from taking part in fantasy football competitions following concerns over the leaking of Jack Grealish’s injury.

Millions of people around the world play Fantasy Premier League, where teams are selected from real players, who can be substituted or sold, with points awarded for achievements such as goals scored, assists or clean sheets. A number of the players at Aston Villa are believed to have teams and any changes made to those selections can be seen by the wider public about an hour before the first match in any round of top-flight fixtures.

On Friday evening, as the game’s latest transfer deadline passed before Wolves v Leeds United — two days before Aston Villa were due to face Leicester —

The good news for the rest of us is that we can all now climb up the rankings by at least three places :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,088 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

PARlance wrote: »
    I'm a little bit behind in my ML and a Salah TC is really tempting me. It'll be a huge differential as leaders don't have him, but Bruno... they'll be captaining him so the safer bet would be just to TC him.

Any suggestions? I'm not sure I'm strong enough to resist a Salah TC differential. On paper Chelsea is a tough one but I think the way they set up will suit Salah.

I'd say Son or Kane if you have them would be the closest to a sure thing even with Spurs' recent struggles. Probably won't play Thursday and against 2 lower league teams.

I'd say watch them both blank but don't think I'll have either in haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Cartman78 wrote: »
    So this is my current squad...

Martinez | Nyland R.I.P.

Robertson | Dias | Stones | Coufal | Lowton

Gundog | Maddison | Salah | Bruno | Raphinha

DCL | Ings | Bamford

£2.3M ITB, 1 FT and BB + WC left.

No Spurs is the obvious omission...and no second goalie if I was to BB.

I can go Robertson to a cheaper DGW option and Ings to Kane for a hit....

Or Maddison to Son and not bother with a hit.

Would it be total sarcrilege to BB without a second keeper?? Taking a 2nd hit for a keeper feels weird...would likely be Schmeichel or Johnstone.

Totally addled generally so any suggestions welcome

Would Coufal to 4.3M Fulham get you Kane for Ings?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,665 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Mitchell playing last night is promising news for those playing BB! I'll even take one game from him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,351 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Looks like there has been a fallout from Matt Targett, the Villa physio and the Villa performance analyst all selling Jack Grealish from their FPL teams before the deadline.

Behind a paywall but you get the jist
    https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/aston-villa-ban-players-from-fantasy-football-after-news-of-jack-grealishs-injury-was-leaked-lsnstfcnh

The good news for the rest of us is that we can all now climb up the rankings by at least three places :D

A lot of teams could go down this road now

• Registered Users Posts: 9,659 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Still not decided on what to do at all...

A hit can get me to Kane Captain and bench boost of Bamford, Raphinha and Mitchell (no keeper).

Or hold off on BB and get Kane via downgrading Coufal for a cheapie with GW 29 in mind or downgrading Robertson to a slightly cheaper premium defender with a DGW (only 0.3m short of a straight Ings to Kane).

But then if I hold off on BB I'll only be obsessed the fecking thing for the next few weeks and probably blow my WC on it as well.

Leaning towards playing it by now I think...reckon the Leeds lads could do well against Villa

• Registered Users Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭AdpRo

I'm very similar, a -4 gets me a bench of Johnstone, Bamford, Raphinha and Mitchell so I am definitely playing BB, my only issue is around Mitchell, if I knew he would play both games I'd leave it but he might play 2, 1 or none! Thinking of taking another -4 to get a Fulham defender with GW29 in mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Mike Ehrmantraut

Had put this in transfer thread but probably better off here.

Currently have 9 DGWers, 2m in the bank and starting line up looking like this

Martinez
    Cancelo Stones Mee
    Fernandes Gundogan Salah Son Raphina
    Vardy Bamford

Johnstone Dallas Antonio Coufal

Possibly looking at just replacing Antonio with Dcl and just go with 10 dgwers.

I have a fear of not having Kane, not that he or Spurs have been doing much of late, but if he does click, could be badly punished as I’d imagine he’s likely to be highly owned and highly captained.

Saying that the only way I can fit Kane in is to swap him in for Vardy, who probably has just as much potential to score as Kane. Would it be too much of a sideways a move?

Most likely will use treble captain, but not sure who I’ll be putting it on yet

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Darksoul

Had put this in transfer thread but probably better off here.

Currently have 9 DGWers, 2m in the bank and starting line up looking like this

Martinez
    Cancelo Stones Mee
    Fernandes Gundogan Salah Son Raphina
    Vardy Bamford

Johnstone Dallas Antonio Coufal

Possibly looking at just replacing Antonio with Dcl and just go with 10 dgwers.

I have a fear of not having Kane, not that he or Spurs have been doing much of late, but if he does click, could be badly punished as I’d imagine he’s likely to be highly owned and highly captained.

Saying that the only way I can fit Kane in is to swap him in for Vardy, who probably has just as much potential to score as Kane. Would it be too much of a sideways a move?

Most likely will use treble captain, but not sure who I’ll be putting it on yet

I'd swap Antonio for DCL for this week...if you didn't have son then I would have said get Kane in.

Son and Kane feed off each other so ya will be fine with Son if you have Vardy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,227 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

How many players are you hoping to have in the skinny GW?

I'll have 4 at the moment, most likely 6 if transfers go according to plan.

How many is realistic? Bar those paying FH.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Mike Ehrmantraut

How many players are you hoping to have in the skinny GW?

I'll have 4 at the moment, most likely 6 if transfers go according to plan.

How many is realistic? Bar those paying FH.

Currently have 6, bar injuries in between, I’ll be aiming to have 8, or maybe 9 without taking a hit, and most likely wildcard the week after.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,624 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Guardiola on rotation: "It's an incredible challenge and everyone needs to be involved.

"Next game against Southampton [*presumably meant West Ham*] we change 5, 6, 7 players.

"[It is] the only way..."

Will be lucky to get two games out of any City player, apart from Ederson.

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭PhilipsR

Stones should be a decent shout I think with not playing this evening. I think most others will be rested across the 2 games. The 10 point lead (and the fact no one behind them is anywhere near good enough to go on a run) really takes the pressure off them in the PL. not ideal for us FPL players.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Guardiola on rotation: "It's an incredible challenge and everyone needs to be involved.

"Next game against Southampton [*presumably meant West Ham*] we change 5, 6, 7 players.

"[It is] the only way..."

Will be lucky to get two games out of any City player, apart from Ederson.

Or maybe he did mean Southampton as it's the easier of the two fixtures on paper.

EDIT: Wait what am I saying, Southampton match is in DGW27. Nevermind. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 15,477 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Sterling off on 70, that might be an indication that he will start the first game in the DGW anyways. Unless there was an injury? I can't watch the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Fitz* wrote: »
    Sterling off on 70, that might be an indication that he will start the first game in the DGW anyways. Unless there was an injury? I can't watch the game.

No mention of an injury online just a rest given to Sterling I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,388 ✭✭✭Shedite27

PhilipsR wrote: »
    Stones should be a decent shout I think with not playing this evening. I think most others will be rested across the 2 games. The 10 point lead (and the fact no one behind them is anywhere near good enough to go on a run) really takes the pressure off them in the PL. not ideal for us FPL players.

It's back to back DGW's for City, doubt any outfielder will get 4 games, 3 is the most you can hope for at very best.

Horrendous run for them, including tonight it's games:
    Wed - Sat - Tue - Sun - Wed - Sat - Tue

• Registered Users Posts: 8,653 ✭✭✭shmeee

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭gandalfio

Will Jesus be nailed?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,412 ✭✭✭✭siblers

gandalfio wrote: »
    Will Jesus be nailed?

Ederson is the only nailed City player.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,653 ✭✭✭shmeee

gandalfio wrote: »
    Will Jesus be nailed?

Nailed to the cross is about as good as it will get!

Going by the above chart, which is great, Cancelo & Bilva are due a rest.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

siblers wrote: »
    Ederson is the only nailed City player.

and Dias.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,578 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Am I right in thinking that if you can be lucky enough to get a good score in a skinny GW it increases your chances of gaining more ground in OR that week than if you had a good score in an ordinary week iykwim?

F1ngers wrote: »
    and Dias.

He was rested against Spurs but would expect him to have another run before he is rested again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Klonker

I seen on an article on FFScout that the Villa Everton game might be fixed for GW28. Any ideas of when we'd know this? Tempted to get DCL or Digne in for a hit and this would swing it for me.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

siblers wrote: »
    He was rested against Spurs but would expect him to have another run before he is rested again

Only because he had a bug and missed training.
    Months ago Pep said "Dias plays - always" and has been a mainstay apart from his illness.

F1ngers wrote: »
    Only because he had a bug and missed training.
    Months ago Pep said "Dias plays - always" and has been a mainstay apart from his illness.

Oh yeah, forgot he was actually Ill. Actually got rid of Dias so I could get Gundo a couple weeks back

• Advertisement

Realistically, because of the 2 DGWs for Man City over the next few GWs, we can only really expect outfield players to play meaningful minutes 3 out of 4 games. 3 starts would be a bonus for some IMO.

Advertisement