Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BGW and DGW 20/21 Discussion thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Vardy far more attractive looking than Kane for the DGW at the moment.

Not sure I'll have the balls to do it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭skippy15

Be nice here an update on grealish before the dgw, already taken a -4

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

Would it be madness to move Salah and son on to bring Madison and 1 other midfielder

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Tiger Roll

skippy15 wrote:
    Be nice here an update on grealish before the dgw, already taken a -4

Sky commentator said a leg injury and villa hope to have him available for next game

• Registered Users Posts: 23,848 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

c.p.w.g.w wrote: »
    Would it be madness to move Salah and son on to bring Madison and 1 other midfielder

hard to say especially when salah has a dgw coming up

I'd prefer have maddison over son though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭eggy81

I’m going to move out ings and grealish for Barnes and Kane giving me the Leicester double up.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,848 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

It's a tricky one because Kane could have still hauled. I'm considering sacrificing Son for a Leicester mid so I can get Kane.

I'm bringing in Kane myself

He's either scored or assisted in every game he's started going back 5+ matches v burnley and fulham

it'll be a hard watch for anyone who doesn't have him

• Registered Users Posts: 20,348 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

I think I'm pretty much set on Bench Boost in 26, Maybe TC in 27 and Wildcard in 30ish.

Currently looking at 28 players for DGW 26 with a -8. TC Gundog hopefully in 27 (injuries depending). If not, will take a -4 to maybe get a different city asset or take a chance on a city defender. Spend a couple of -4's in 28 and 29 to build towards the blank GW and then wildcard immediately afterwards to have good assets hopefully to finish out the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

mailburner wrote: »
    hard to say especially when salah has a dgw coming up

I'd prefer have maddison over son though

Anytime I have seen spurs lately they certainly don't inspire much confidence

• Registered Users Posts: 7,111 ✭✭✭COH

If KDB starts today I think I might have to get him in for the doubles

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

For the lazy amongst us what teams do I need to be getting in over the next few weeks to be fully loaded on the DGW?

ShagNastii wrote: »
    For the lazy amongst us what teams do I need to be getting in over the next few weeks to be fully loaded on the DGW?

Well it's next week for a start! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Oops. Wildcard so.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,385 ✭✭✭Shedite27

FHFC wrote: »
    Vardy far more attractive looking than Kane for the DGW at the moment.

Not sure I'll have the balls to do it though.
    Vardy's scored once since Christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 10,513 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

ShagNastii wrote: »
    Oops. Wildcard so.

You've probably nearly a team's worth of doubles already.

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Vardy's scored once since Christmas

He's been out injured for nearly half those GWs. Only played 90 in 4 of 9 so not really a fair comment. He's returned in his last 2 games.

Leicester on form and he's looking fully fit. And outstatting everyone over last 6 games before today despite much less minutes

https://twitter.com/FPLTIPSINDIA/status/1361579236885110784?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

FHFC wrote: »
    He's been out injured for nearly half those GWs. Only played 90 in 4 of 9 so not really a fair comment. He's returned in his last 2 games.

Leicester on form and he's looking fully fit. And outstatting everyone over last 6 games before today despite much less minutes

He's not scoring goals whatever stats you look at - he has 2 goals in the last 10 games that he has played, not exactly a striker on fire.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,619 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

shmeee wrote: »
    Looking at WC-ing in 26 and BB-ing in 27.

Load up on City, Liverpool, Villa and Spurs assets.

And worry about BGW29 at the time with FT's and try field 7/8 and go from there.

Getting WC and BB back to back at least gives you a chance. Luck is with the FPL god's then.

I should have pulled trigger on WC in 25 and trusted Ben, only would have been caught with maybe Ings at a push is all with no DGW in 26. Hindsight is great, but fair ****s to anyone WC used before 6.30pm last night. Your in a healthy bench boost spot now for 26.

I got lucky by using the WC just before the deadline, had been on the fence all day about it but my bench was so weak coupled with playing the Pep lottery forced me into it. Im also trying to peg back a 50 point deficit on a rival so took the risk to do something he wasnt. Glad I did now as I finally have an all starting bench ready for BB next week as well as 12 DGWers with potentially 14 if I sell 2 Leeds for a -4.

It also allowed me get KdB back in as I think he is essential from now till the end of the season, sold Cancelo to get him and stayed with Gundog and Dias. Dodged a bullet by going for Barnes over Grealish and hes returned a goal and assist today. Also sold out Cresswell and Soucek as West Hams fixtures turn from here but that could end up being a mistake with the form they are in, Lingard is on fire lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭JPup

Muahahaha wrote: »
    I got lucky by using the WC just before the deadline, had been on the fence all day about it but my bench was so weak coupled with playing the Pep lottery forced me into it. Im also trying to peg back a 50 point deficit on a rival so took the risk to do something he wasnt. Glad I did now as I finally have an all starting bench ready for BB next week as well as 12 DGWers with potentially 14 if I sell 2 Leeds for a -4.

It also allowed me get KdB back in as I think he is essential from now till the end of the season, sold Cancelo to get him and stayed with Gundog and Dias. Dodged a bullet by going for Barnes over Grealish and hes returned a goal and assist today. Also sold out Cresswell and Soucek as West Hams fixtures turn from here but that could end up being a mistake with the form they are in, Lingard is on fire lately.

Is KDB essential? I’m afraid his minutes in the league will be carefully managed to ensure City peak for the champions league matches. They also have domestic cups to think about. With the league all but in the bag, Pep will be rotating like crazy I’d have thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,654 ✭✭✭Cartman78

So this is my current squad...

Martinez | Nyland R.I.P.

Robertson | Dias | Stones | Coufal | Lowton

Gundog | Maddison | Salah | Bruno | Raphinha

DCL | Ings | Bamford

£2.3M ITB, 1 FT and BB + WC left.

No Spurs is the obvious omission...and no second goalie if I was to BB.

I can go Robertson to a cheaper DGW option and Ings to Kane for a hit....

Or Maddison to Son and not bother with a hit.

Would it be total sarcrilege to BB without a second keeper?? Taking a 2nd hit for a keeper feels weird...would likely be Schmeichel or Johnstone.

Totally addled generally so any suggestions welcome

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,045 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Cartman78 wrote: »
    So this is my current squad...

Martinez | Nyland R.I.P.

Robertson | Dias | Stones | Coufal | Lowton

Gundog | Maddison | Salah | Bruno | Raphinha

DCL | Ings | Bamford

£2.3M ITB, 1 FT and BB + WC left.

No Spurs is the obvious omission...and no second goalie if I was to BB.

I can go Robertson to a cheaper DGW option and Ings to Kane for a hit....

Or Maddison to Son and not bother with a hit.

Would it be total sarcrilege to BB without a second keeper?? Taking a 2nd hit for a keeper feels weird...would likely be Schmeichel or Johnstone.

Totally addled generally so any suggestions welcome

I don’t think that is a bench boost squad. Your worst 4 players (keeper included) aren’t that great. That’s what the bench boost is for. Not the 11 great doublers you’ll have. You get them anyway. Play the bench boost the week after you play the wildcard.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,654 ✭✭✭Cartman78

CSF wrote: »
    I don’t think that is a bench boost squad. Your worst 4 players (keeper included) aren’t that great. That’s what the bench boost is for. Not the 11 great doublers you’ll have. You get them anyway. Play the bench boost the week after you play the wildcard.

Cheers....yeah my bench would be the 2 Leeds lads, Coufal and either no keeper or one that already cost me 4 points before a shot is saved.

Cheers....yeah my bench would be the 2 Leeds lads, Coufal and either no keeper or one that already cost me 4 points before a shot is saved.

Yeah I don’t love it. Not sure Ings is so good this week that he’s worth the BB either. And if SGW Ings A to Everton gets the nod in your starting 11 either way, I reckon that’s the sign to hold it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

The two Leeds lads could be potentially playing a Villa team without Grealish - probably the best time to be playing them, and who knows what Coufal will do - although would be some shock and Moyes heroics to get anything off City.

The only downside of playing BB week after WC is having to hold onto 0.5m for a sub keeper in order to play him, that 0.5m could be spent elsewhere and not tired up in sub keeper that you will probably never play again - given you have Nyland your obv a one keeper player.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,619 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

JPup wrote: »
    Is KDB essential? I’m afraid his minutes in the league will be carefully managed to ensure City peak for the champions league matches. They also have domestic cups to think about. With the league all but in the bag, Pep will be rotating like crazy I’d have thought.

yeah I fully expect KdB to fall foul of the Pep lottery but for it to be mixed with Gundog who I also own. Ive a stronger bench now since the WC so willing to suck it up when it happens. I just think with City in such blistering form (17 wins in a row now) the KdB/Gundog combination will pay off for the rest of the season.

Ace2007 wrote: »
    The two Leeds lads could be potentially playing a Villa team without Grealish - probably the best time to be playing them, and who knows what Coufal will do - although would be some shock and Moyes heroics to get anything off City.

The only downside of playing BB week after WC is having to hold onto 0.5m for a sub keeper in order to play him, that 0.5m could be spent elsewhere and not tired up in sub keeper that you will probably never play again - given you have Nyland your obv a one keeper player.

Leeds have just been beaten and shut out by a much weaker team than Villa and were well beaten by Arsenal the game before. They could improve against a Grealishless Villa for sure, but I wouldn’t spend a chip on that belief.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,652 ✭✭✭shmeee

Here messing with WC drafts.

Want to maybe BB in 27 but can't get to a decent bench, fixtures I taught looked nicer when I did a few mock up's over the weekend.

With one eye on BGW29 I am trying to get to maybe 6/7 players that week.

Confusing myself too much.

Going to go without Kane too I say..... But have finally got in Bruno!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,111 ✭✭✭COH

shmeee wrote: »
    Here messing with WC drafts.

Want to maybe BB in 27 but can't get to a decent bench, fixtures I taught looked nicer when I did a few mock up's over the weekend.

With one eye on BGW29 I am trying to get to maybe 6/7 players that week.

Confusing myself too much.

Going to go without Kane too I say..... But have finally got in Bruno!

Same predicament here. Not taking a gamble on the fixtures and playing the wildcard last week has really messed up my team now.

Instead of having 12 DGWers + 3x Leeds and a bench boost for this week I ended up taking a -8 and now only have 7 DGWers and no Spurs/Villa etc. for 29.

Still have the WC/BB but can't see any reasonable opportunity to make up the group now as pretty much have to WC this week ... and will most likely end up with the same damn team I would have if I had pulled the trigger last week!

Currently looking at this for a WC....

Johnstone
    Cancelo - Stones - Konsa
    Barnes - Son - Bruno - Gundog
    Vardy - Kane - DCL

[Areola - Raphinha - Dallas - Lewis ]

Would leave me with 1.7 itb for eventualities, 11 double GWers for GW26 .... benchboost in GW27 with everyone playing 7 provisionally for the BGW29 but would get Bamford and maybe one more with FTs if necessary for that.

Anyone looking at a similar strategy or see any glaring holes in this? No Salah is a pain, could re-jig things and take the likes of Vardy our for Watkins (not sure if I want him if Grealish is out) and upgrade Son to Salah?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Leeds have just been beaten and shut out by a much weaker team than Villa and were well beaten by Arsenal the game before. They could improve against a Grealishless Villa for sure, but I wouldn’t spend a chip on that belief.

Definitely some interesting arguments for not BBing 26 here. I too would be going 3x Leeds.

The thing is i have Pope and Martinez. Both double. I think now's a great time to take advantage of that and the 3 Leeds players all are capable of returning. (Dallas, Raph, Bam).

Also want to hold the Leeds lads for bgw29

It's a tricky chip, I'm wondering if i don't use it now if I'll get a better chance. Pope with a double and 3 Leeds players at home to Villa seems like a good opportunity.

• Advertisement

Morzadec wrote: »
    Definitely some interesting arguments for not BBing 26 here. I too would be going 3x Leeds.

The thing is i have Pope and Martinez. Both double. I think now's a great time to take advantage of that and the 3 Leeds players all are capable of returning. (Dallas, Raph, Bam).

Also want to hold the Leeds lads for bgw29

It's a tricky chip, I'm wondering if i don't use it now if I'll get a better chance. Pope with a double and 3 Leeds players at home to Villa seems like a good opportunity.

Your Pope +3 Leeds guys is a good bit better than what the other guy had available to him though. I think it’s a manageable BB but it is obviously quite boom or just depending on what way the Leeds v Villa game goes. Maybe tomorrow night will give more clarity on if Leeds (like Villa) are in a bit of a decline with both teams probably missing their star man (some might say Raphinha has taken that spot from Kalvin now)

Advertisement