Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BGW and DGW 20/21 Discussion thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,701 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Fitz* wrote: »
    Realistically, because of the 2 DGWs for Man City over the next few GWs, we can only really expect outfield players to play meaningful minutes 3 out of 4 games. 3 starts would be a bonus for some IMO.

I think the results of the games will decide who starts, if for instance they slip up against West Ham or Wovles, United and Leicester could drag them back into a title race as unlikely as that may be - i think Pep will want to put out strong team to avoid that. Imagine being only 5 points ahead of United/Leicester coming after the United game, and with a game against Leicester in early April.

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭ngunners

Am I right in thinking that if you can be lucky enough to get a good score in a skinny GW it increases your chances of gaining more ground in OR that week than if you had a good score in an ordinary week iykwim?

It all depends on your relative score compared to the average. A score of 100 in a week when the Top 10k average is 125 is not great. But the same score in a week where the Top 10k average is 50 is phenomenal and will shoot you up the rankings.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,334 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

I have no idea what to do this gw. I have hit the heady heights of just inside the top 1m for the first time since gw 2 after a bit of a disaster of a month previously.

Already did a -4 got in KDB for Grealish and got Digne in for Mee.

Problem is I am really tempted to use bench boost. Have Martinez, Dallas, Ings and Rafinha on the bench. Leeds who are flying are tempting me. Playing a Villa side without Grealish.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

ngunners wrote: »
    It all depends on your relative score compared to the average. A score of 100 in a week when the Top 10k average is 125 is not great. But the same score in a week where the Top 10k average is 50 is phenomenal and will shoot you up the rankings.

Thanks....thinking of going with FH in GW29 with a side something like this....depending on form and injuries.

Sanchez
    Dunk Dallas Cresswell
    Grealish Raphinha Soucek Son
    Watkins Bamford Kane (c)

Bench- Areola, Saka, Targett, Bellerin,

If it came off you could get a good haul in a week where most people will be doing well to have 7 or 8 starters.I'm only around 30/35 pts behind lads in ML's so happy enough to try it for the craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,325 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Gonna go with BB this week. Been working towards it for a while so need it to come off. Season decider for me. I'm saving FH for GW29.

A -4 for Mee -> Pereira & Maddison -> Barnes can get me this team, which will have 11 DGW players, albeit a few City so a bit of risk there.

Martinez Sanchez
    Lowton Pereira Stones Dallas
    Sterling Barnes Salah Foden Soucek
    Bamford Watkins Kane

Unless anyone can see a better transfer than Mee -> Pereira & Maddison -> Barnes ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Gonna go with BB this week. Been working towards it for a while so need it to come off. Season decider for me. I'm saving FH for GW29.

A -4 for Mee -> Pereira & Maddison -> Barnes can get me this team, which will have 11 DGW players, albeit a few City so a bit of risk there.

Martinez Sanchez
    Bamford Watkins Kane

Unless anyone can see a better transfer than Mee -> Pereira & Maddison -> Barnes ?

Those choices look good to me, although you might need to bring in a 5th defender

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭Islander13

F1ngers wrote: »
    Only because he had a bug and missed training.
    Months ago Pep said "Dias plays - always" and has been a mainstay apart from his illness.

MVP of the league this year. Bruno gets more headlines but Dias is a phenomenon for 23. Qualifies for young player of the year too bizarrely

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭onrail

Having played my WC last week to set me up to use a TC or BB this DGW, I've left myself in a conuncrum. TC or BB this weekend....??

Martinez (McCarthy)

Dias, Lowton, Shaw, Rudiger (Struijk)
    Salah, Gundogan, Bruno, Son, (Raphina)
    Kane, Watkins (Bamford)

with 1 FT available. Leaves me wondering whether it's worthwhile to play the BB or just go for the TC?

So is it a good idea to play a BB with maybe a max of 1 DGWer on the bench?

(In hindsight, picking Son over Leicester cover was a poor choice, but what's done is done.)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

This is what I have at the moment, I've used the WC this week.
    Ederson (MCI) - Areola (FUL)

Konsa (AVL) - Lowton (BUR) - Rudiger (CHE) - Dier (TOT) - Dallas (LEE)

Barnes (LEI) - Gundogan (MCI) - De Bruyne (MCI) - Fernandes (MUN) - Raphina (LEE)

Kane (TOT) - Vardy (LEI) - Bamford (LEE)

(3 X Leeds & Areola benched this week)

It's a lot different to my previous templatey team which had Martinez, two City defs, Salah & Son. I think it's pretty decent though? I like the Ederson move as he's got to be the most guaranteed to play and I also like having both KDB & Gundogan. I kind of brought Dier in just because Spurs have two good games this week and a match in 29.

I'm toying with the idea of downgrading one of the expensive forwards and swapping them for their equivalent midfielder (i.e. Son or Maddison) to have some funds left over. Maybe KDB isn't worth the risk yet, I could have Sterling for a week or two instead?

Any thoughts on it in general?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

onrail wrote: »

So is it a good idea to play a BB with maybe a max of 1 DGWer on the bench?

I would have thought its not a good idea, it would give you 5 games from four players on the bench instead of 8 games from 4. Its best played in a DGW when you have four starters on your bench to give a better chance of more points.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,567 ✭✭✭patmac

Martinez Sanchez
    Bamford Watkins Kane

Just bear in mind that Mee has a double as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭onrail

Muahahaha wrote: »
    I would have thought its not a good idea, it would give you 5 games from four players on the bench instead of 8 games from 4. Its best played in a DGW when you have four starters on your bench to give a better chance of more points.

Yeah that goes without saying, but realistically, is there going to be another opportunity before the end of the season where you'd have any more than 4 on the bench with guaranteed points?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,325 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

patmac wrote: »
    Just bear in mind that Mee has a double as well.

I'm just not all that confident of Burnley keeping a CS in either game, and I already have Lowton. In both Burnley games, I will have their opponents attackers too. It's the Maddison injury that is throwinng me really.

Madisson -> Barnes is the FT and an almost must because of Leicester coverage.

Mee -> Periera was my original planned transfer. It looks a better long long term move too.

Bamford -> DCL was my planned transfer if I chose to do a -4, and it looks more and more attractive now (both short and longer term), but it would be -8 now.

Might just go with the -8. 2 Appearances for all cover them, and all 3 have 2 chances to get returns.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Muahahaha wrote: »

It's best played when the 4 worst players in your team have a decent chance of points based on good fixtures.

It's perfectly viable, and often works out better to play it in a Single Gameweek even. It can often be hard to get the bench players in a DGW to have good fixtures without detracting from the first 11.

It's not a numbers game of 2x4=8 players. It's about what points potential they have.

20 points is a very very good return from it. Overrated chip that does more harm than good to many managers.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,984 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Do people fully understand the Spurs 32 potential DGW situation?

I’ve heard the talk being that if City beat Everton, they’ll play one, but who do they have to reschedule? Southampton might still be in the FA Cup and their Fulham and Villa games have already been refixed.

Anyone know the exact situation/scenarios?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

CSF wrote: »

I’ve heard the talk being that if City beat Everton, they’ll play one, but who do they have to reschedule? Southampton might still be in the FA Cup and their Fulham and Villa games have already been refixed.

They would play Everton and Southampton.

The caveat is that if Southampton are still in the cup their game with Palace that GW needs to be moved. Due to Spurs being in Europe the feeling is that Spurs v Southampton would be scheduled for the midweek after the cup (GW32) and the Southampton v Palace game would move to a midweek with European games.

Benimar wrote: »
    They would play Everton and Southampton.

The caveat is that if Southampton are still in the cup their game with Palace that GW needs to be moved. Due to Spurs being in Europe the feeling is that Spurs v Southampton would be scheduled for the midweek after the cup (GW32) and the Southampton v Palace game would move to a midweek with European games.

Interesting. Is there any precedent for them doing something like that? I can’t remember them cancelling a Premier League game to allow them slot in another Premier League game instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

Play Dallas v Villa (h) or Tarkowski in DGW v Spurs (a) & Leicester (h)?

Play Dallas v Villa (h) or Tarkowski in DGW v Spurs (a) & Leicester (h)?

Tarko

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

Tarko

Would agree, but Dallas is a machine, gets forward from midfield or left back...has outscored some really strong FPL defenders,...despite Leeds having conceded a lot

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

Interesting. Is there any precedent for them doing something like that? I can’t remember them cancelling a Premier League game to allow them slot in another Premier League game instead.

They wouldn’t be cancelling it. The Palace game has to be moved if Southampton are still in the cup, but rather than play it the following midweek they will play the Spurs game instead.

Benimar wrote: »
    They wouldn’t be cancelling it. The Palace game has to be moved if Southampton are still in the cup, but rather than play it the following midweek they will play the Spurs game instead.

Yeah that makes sense actually

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Tarky
    FYP
    man40853.png

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

If it does end up being a double in 32 spurs play City in the caraboa cup final the weekend of gw33 so it would be a dodgy one with rotation.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,388 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Tarko

Dallas could score anywhere between 0 and 15. I think Lowton is nailed on for 4 points

If it does end up being a double in 32 spurs play City in the caraboa cup final the weekend of gw33 so it would be a dodgy one with rotation.

Yeah it really would actually. Spurs haven’t won a trophy in forever so if they’re not prioritising that to the hilt, what else is there really?

siblers wrote: »
    Dallas could score anywhere between 0 and 15. I think Lowton is nailed on for 4 points

Dallas has a higher ceiling for sure, but what are the actual odds of him getting a clean sheet and a goal.

I don’t believe Tarkowski is nailed on for 4 either. I would rate Burnley’s chances in each of their individual game of a clean sheet at least equal to Leeds’ tomorrow.

Only West Brom have a worse xGa than Leeds.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Hadn't really considered the BB until tonight, but using the TC on Harvey Barnes probably isn't wise.... so would you BB these players:

McCarthy (Eve A): Bamford (Villa H), Strujik (Villa H), Lowton (Tot A + Leic H)

Think I probably will, also on a -4 as things stand!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Hadn't really considered the BB until tonight, but using the TC on Harvey Barnes probably isn't wise.... so would you BB these players:

McCarthy (Eve A): Bamford (Villa H), Strujik (Villa H), Lowton (Tot A + Leic H)

Think I probably will, also on a -4 as things stand!

Viable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

FHFC wrote: »
    Viable.

It's not particularly sexy, but I just want rid of it at this point, especially leaving 3 clean sheets on my bench last week!

Advertisement