Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BGW and DGW 20/21 Discussion thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

12 dgw (3 Leeds) take a - 8 and bench boost in 26. No kane son has me worried. Looking at 9 in gameweek 29 then. Happy ish

• Registered Users Posts: 4,243 ✭✭✭munster87

Jim Gazebo wrote: »
    Son I might get. Kane I can't see myself buying. He's too frustrating, 11m and he's playing behind his midfielders.

Don’t care where he’s playing when he has 24 goal involvements in the 22 games he’s played.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

CSF wrote: »
    There will yeah, there are still some unscheduled games and the FA Cup Semi finals will create postponements also.

This year the Fa Cup semi finals wont create any postponements as there is a free midweek with no european football straight after it so the games will just go straight in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,065 ✭✭✭✭CSF

This year the Fa Cup semi finals wont create any postponements as there is a free midweek with no european football straight after it so the games will just go straight in there.

Wow. There was me thinking I had it all sussed. Cheers for clarifying

• Registered Users Posts: 5,667 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

So this will be the last big DGW unless theres Covid cancellations?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

shineon23 wrote: »
    forgot I left out Leeds players.

II have 3 Leeds players
    Son
    plan to have Kane and Areloa next week
    and will have 2 or 3 Villa players by Gw29

Villa have an extra double as well coming somewhere so they're hardly wasted transfers if you don't have the likes of Martinez or Watkins already.

I just think that Gw29 is more than manageable without wasting the Free Hit, now that the Spurs-Villa Game added to Gw29.

Yah I usually agree with you on attacking a DGW with the FH. But I agree with CSF here. I think you're forgetting the cost of holding or transferring in players between 26 and 29 solely focused on the blank, when they aren't the players you'd otherwise want.

I will have 6 for the blank once I get Kane for next week (probably) so I could conceivably add another 3 to 4. But 4 of my 6 are Leeds and West Ham players who have crap fixture, the West Ham lads need to go at this stage.

So do I want to keep them and get rid of Man Utd, City or Liverpool players, or even Everton with their multiple doubles, to get on players with a game in 29?

29 isn't just a numbers game, it's about what your team is like either side of it.

So this year I think it's poised well for dead ending into the blank and using FH to max on that week with no transfer cost while using fts to stock up for the remaining doubles.

So this will be the last big DGW unless theres Covid cancellations?

Ye this is it. The only games left to be rescheduled are everton v villa and southampton v spurs. The caraboa cup final cancellations from gw 33 have been dealt with and the games cancelled by FA cup semi final in gw 32 will just move to that midweek. Its why I was totally fine with wildcarding in gw 18.

Very hard to see past gw29 for FH. City and spurs blanking in 33 the only other real option.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,653 ✭✭✭shmeee

Looking at WC-ing in 26 and BB-ing in 27.

Load up on City, Liverpool, Villa and Spurs assets.

And worry about BGW29 at the time with FT's and try field 7/8 and go from there.

Getting WC and BB back to back at least gives you a chance. Luck is with the FPL god's then.

I should have pulled trigger on WC in 25 and trusted Ben, only would have been caught with maybe Ings at a push is all with no DGW in 26. Hindsight is great, but fair ****s to anyone WC used before 6.30pm last night. Your in a healthy bench boost spot now for 26.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Bamford and Ings are my only players who don’t don’t have a double next game week.

I can just about afford a straight swap of Ings to Kane so I think I’ll do it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,653 ✭✭✭shmeee

Very hard to see past gw29 for FH. City and spurs blanking in 33 the only other real option.

If you have it then maybe, but could be a good chip to use on a standard GW with more enticing fixtures. Most that don't FH in 29 will have maybe 7 players, Spurs, Villa, Brighton anyway from what I've seen about. Trying to find the 4 extra players who could hit will be difficult given the fixtures.

It might not be as big gain using it for 29. We've seen many use FH chip in blanks over the year and it's never been a massive gain on the average score as the extra "average" players to get in get the standard 2 points is all.

I always look through fixtures and see is there a week where I may want 3 Arsenal, Leicester or Liverpool for example as they may all have favourable fixtures. But not players you what to hold long-term.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,388 ✭✭✭Shedite27

shmeee wrote: »
    Looking at WC-ing in 26 and BB-ing in 27.

Load up on City, Liverpool, Villa and Spurs assets.

And worry about BGW29 at the time with FT's and try field 7/8 and go from there.

Getting WC and BB back to back at least gives you a chance. Luck is with the FPL god's then.

I should have pulled trigger on WC in 25 and trusted Ben, only would have been caught with maybe Ings at a push is all with no DGW in 26. Hindsight is great, but fair ****s to anyone WC used before 6.30pm last night. Your in a healthy bench boost spot now for 26.
    IS there much catching your eye for BB in 27? Feels like whatever team I WC to this week would have a bench with weak fixtures for 28.

Villa/Spurs now having a game in 29 makes it a lot easier to get to 8 players for that week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

DCL might be a good captain differential next week.

BB 26 for me, and TC someone in 27.

Jim Gazebo wrote: »
    DCL might be a good captain differential next week.

BB 26 for me, and TC someone in 27.

It feels like an unnecessary week to search out a captain differential though, considering the split is going to be so wide anyway.

Salah, Bruno and even to some extent Kane will all be differentials as captains. Kane will be the most popular one I think, but I don’t want him so I feel whichever I choose between Salah and Bruno will be great differentials also and they’re much more reliable than DCL playing in an Everton side who really haven’t been very good in 2021.

It feels like an unnecessary week to search out a captain differential though, considering the split is going to be so wide anyway.

Salah, Bruno and even to some extent Kane will all be differentials as captains. Kane will be the most popular one I think, but I don’t want him so I feel whichever I choose between Salah and Bruno will be great differentials also and they’re much more reliable than DCL playing in an Everton side who really haven’t been very good in 2021.

Refreshing to hear someone else doesn't want kane. Yeah very valid points. Fixtures wise DCL could do well. But as you say Bruno and Salah are sure fire options.

I have a frontline of Watkins Bamford Ings. I'll probably get Ings out again despite him doubling the week after but it's a toss up, maybe DCL is the one.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Kane's current ownership in the top 10k is only 18%, so unless there are large numbers that increase him in, I don't think he'll be the number one choice

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Kane's current ownership in the top 10k is only 18%, so unless there are large numbers that increase him in, I don't think he'll be the number one choice

I think many are probably planning kane in.

Ace2007 wrote: »

I think his ownership numbers will increase quite a bit and I think a large number who bring him in will captain him.

And I think he is going to be a popular treble captain choice which only adds to his EO.

It’s one I’d like to be wrong on, because I’m at the kind of rank where I don’t want to be taking on the world with a decision, even when I like my decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭bantee

If Kane looks any bit lively tomorrow I'll be bringing him in and sticking the TC on him, either him or Sterling and I definitely don't trust him after the last DGW

• Registered Users Posts: 20,351 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

I did some screwing around with Cartmans spreadsheet and I think this all works okay. obviously GW's 37 and 38 arent right because I just inserted the 26 and 27 doubles into his table without accounting for that elsewhere, but sure look, we dont need that far ahead yet :)

Hopefully it'll do until Cartman gets himself back on his feet and if you spot any mistakes, let me know! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,659 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Rikand wrote: »
    I did some screwing around with Cartmans spreadsheet and I think this all works okay. obviously GW's 37 and 38 arent right because I just inserted the 26 and 27 doubles into his table without accounting for that elsewhere, but sure look, we dont need that far ahead yet :)

Hopefully it'll do until Cartman gets himself back on his feet and if you spot any mistakes, let me know! :)

Good man...still waiting in fupping A&E and doped up to the eyeballs so anything involving Excel formulas is very much beyond me right now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭markc91

Cheers for this only problem i can see is for the BGW players its telling me I have 10 players when i only have 6, I then realised its basing the players on BGW19

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Good man...still waiting in fupping A&E and doped up to the eyeballs so anything involving Excel formulas is very much beyond me right now

Get well soon

markc91 wrote: »
    Cheers for this only problem i can see is for the BGW players its telling me I have 10 players when i only have 6, I then realised its basing the players on BGW19

Thank you for that. I have changed the excel file with those 2 formulas updated and I have fixed the list of DGW teams and BGW teams

tbh, I never even scrolled down that far to see those formulas the first time around lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭markc91

how do i do that myself or will you have to post the updated file?

markc91 wrote: »
    how do i do that myself or will you have to post the updated file?

File should be updated there now. I'll rename it and rehost it just incase something strange is happening

• Registered Users Posts: 2,830 ✭✭✭shineon23

File should be updated there now. I'll rename it and rehost it just incase something strange is happening

Doing God's work!

Positive-Terrible-Cleanerwrasse-small.gif

Tomorrow is going to be an interesting day. I’m here telling people that I don’t want Kane and that I’d still slightly prefer Salah and yet if they look great tomorrow, I may have humble pie to eat and be taking a hit to bring in Kane.

Similarly, with Salah having looked like no more than a right winger tonight, Bruno has an audition tomorrow night to be my 26 treble captain. Even though with a 100%+ EO I will be pretty much hoping he does nothing.

We also haven’t had our injury/suspension in the games this week that throws a spanner in the works, so that feels inevitable also. I guess Grealish will kind of be that, but we knew about that pre GW25 deadline so it’s not gonna be a bombshell if he ends up being out.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,115 ✭✭✭COH

No idea what to do about next week now after seeing that Spurs performance (if you could call it that!) against West Ham

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,624 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

COH wrote: »
    No idea what to do about next week now after seeing that Spurs performance (if you could call it that!) against West Ham

It's a tricky one because Kane could have still hauled. I'm considering sacrificing Son for a Leicester mid so I can get Kane.

Advertisement