Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

So called "cheap" brands.

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭tudderone

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    The Lada Niva is now one of the most popular hunting rigs in Germany .
    It's improved a heck of alot since the 80s machines fresh out of the ailing Soviet empire hit Europe. Trim is now on par with any std Jap car,as is wiring and all the rest.OK you still hear every nut and cog working past 60 mph:P, but it is now ASFIK the only still separate body and chassis machine out there that you don't have to sell your wife and daughters into prostitution and part with your kidney and to meet the monthly payments on it.
    They are still fixable with a socket set,a rock,a hammer ,a bigger hammer and a bottle of vodka.:)

2 seats only from the dealer,so they qualify as commercial tax straight off in Germany. As hunting is classified as a commercial enterprise there as well...15 K ...How bad?

https://www.autouncle.de/de/d/98461997-gebraucht-lada-niva-zubr-92ps-jagd-paket-2-jahre-garantie

Very surprised that they allowed to import them into the EU anymore with emissions and all that rubbish now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,071 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Ah Grizzly, you’re reminiscing about the days when a G300TD was basically a Puch G and the only difference with the mil spec one was the seats and the paint job.
    Talk to me about it... I had one, an old 1984 5 door here for a couple of years,t
    Was a great machine, until it got sideswiped by a cement truck.:eek:
    THEN you get to know the joys of the silver star in getting parts and replacement bits. You get to be on 1st name terms with your credit union and bank manager real quick with one of those puppies.

No wonder only rock stars or young black gentlemen or of Russian nationality involved in the narcotics trade can afford them these days.:rolleyes:

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,071 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

tudderone wrote: »
    Very surprised that they allowed to import them into the EU anymore with emissions and all that rubbish now.

Nah,they have cleaned up their act immensely. Nothing like the Soviet-era stuff that we know. They don't even rust out after the 1st shower of rain anymore either.:P Drove one Germany 2 years ago and I'd rate it on par with a basic model economy Toyota of mid 90s vintage for fit and fittings and ergonomics.

EDIT Sort of "crap brand that are good nowadays" related to this thread.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,061 ✭✭✭clivej

Cass wrote: »
    That is really, really nice. I mean REALLY.

Thats not that bad. Anschutz start at €1,500+. I love the action. Looks more "professional".

Did you have to import or are RFDs stocking them?

Can be imported in a few days, don't. think mine is in the country yet. There are some in the dealers.
    I was holding the 457 LRP and liking it a lot, great trigger on them now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭cookimonster

A Lada Niva 4wd.....

Back in the day I knew head game keeper on a big pheasant shoot here and he swore by the Lada. It went places Landies, Toyotas and other big money tickets couldn't go.

In more recent years I was invited on a driven boar hunting weekend. The syndicate had a few of these wee beasties down at thier hunting lodge. These things went through rivers, over mountain roads and open ground like they were in a supermarket car park. At one stage as we were crossing a rather wide river the foot wells were filling up, the little car kept going and out through the other side.

I'd love one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 997 ✭✭✭Peppa Cig

Speaking of Lada. Back in the 80’s Skoda was in the same bucket as Lada. Look at them now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 396 ✭✭useurowname

Absolutely, although not without a BIG hand from Volkswagen.

Advertisement