Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v10] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

• 15-02-2021 9:39am
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,719 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Time to start a new Fair City thread.

Please familiarise yourself with the charter before posting:

Soap Opera Charter - *** November 20th, 2013 ***

The Rules:

There should be no spam, trolling or any general muppetry. (Any of this will result in posts being edited/deleted)

Try to be friendly & courteous to each other. If things get out of hand, offenders will be banned. (Any Abuse or Racism will not be tolerated)

Commercial advertising is not permitted. (Contact the Admins if you wish to place ads on the site)

Before starting a new thread, please check see if there is already a similar thread existing. (Duplicate threads will be removed)

Any "off topic" posts will be edited, closed or deleted without warning.
    Remember, not everyone may have seen a TV show.

If you are giving away plot points, please use the spoiler tag.
    To do this, put (spoiler) (/spoiler) around the text. (replace the () brackets with [] brackets.)

It will then look like this:
    This is a spoiler

Don't ask where you can download TV shows or give any links to them. In fact try to stay away from discussion of downloading altogether.

Charter Update - January 14th, 2013

There have been several reported posts lately of lewd comments on this forum. Nobody wants to read crap about "what you'd do" to to a character of the opposite sex (or similar sexual comments). It's crass and childish. Lewd comments will earn a one week ban from this point forward.

Charter Update - October 4th, 2013

Please don't make demeaning comments about the appearance of actors that appear in your favourite soaps (saying things like they're ugly, flat chested etc.).

It's not funny or clever, and will earn you a one week ban from this forum from this point forward.

Charter Update - October 31st, 2013

It is against the charter to drag the Fair City thread off topic conversation/Stephen Jokes.

Any repeat offenders of these rules, will be banned.

Charter Update - January 24th, 2015.

Only moderators are authorised to post details of card/infractions/bans in this forum. If posters engage in this practice they will incur a one week ban.

All the usual Boards.ie rules also apply.

If there are any queries/problems, you can send a PM to one of the forum mods.

Old Fair City Threads

Fair City v9

Fair City v8

Fair City v7

Fair City v6

Fair City v5

Fair City v4

Fair City v3

Fair City v2

Fair City v1

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Thank you very much

• Registered Users Posts: 5,976 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

How did Doug and Erica manage to just move back to the flat ¿?

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭Flowergirl201

How did Doug and Erica manage to just move back to the flat ¿?

Yea didn't even ask to see if it was available or if they could get the keys back. If I was Erica I wouldn't live there either. Pete judging every little thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭branie2

I don;t know how Dolores puts up with Pete

branie2 wrote: »
    I don;t know how Dolores puts up with Pete

She has her moments too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84,319 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

She has her moments too

True but Pete has become so unlikeable

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

He has, although I'm not sure why but I remember really not liking him a while back. It might have been around the time him and Damo were fighting, around the time they had the diy shop together.
    Sure it gives us something to comment on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Arduach

I never liked him Liz. Contankerous oul yoke. Awful oul chip on his shoulder.

Very few 'manly' men in FC. Bob is like an oul granny. Alpha Male, Paul, is a bollocks. Hughie is alright, Dean fairly sound too. Leo is ok now but back in the 90s, when he was in his 40s having the fling with Niamh, about 18 and paying for her abortion, he was sleazy, like Bella. Cristiano is ok. Enough said about Will! Doug is getting there, more of a chap than a man. Darragh after a good start, has turned loopy. Lee is a worm.

Damien, I think it was the poster Fin made a good point. He treats sounder women worse. Wayne, has had a colourful career, suppose not the worst. Cass, all he's missing is a jester's hat. The Ram.. would you trust him with your daughters, sisters, mother or grandmother.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Nokia6230i

Sundays synopsis.

The Doug/Erica + Pete scenes are actually fairly decent.

The whole Juliet/Ruth combo was always gonna result in a Tik-Tok & Insta storyline; at least it's given both actresses a storyline & Ruth was quite good in her pushback v Paul.

But if FC do PSB'ing right they'll spin this as "How the Internet can be bad" storyline involving Ruth being exploited in some way, possibly by Juliette deliberately or accidentally/carelessly maybe?

Loving how Doug & Erica can just go back to the flat above the Pig alright; I prefer the decor if we're being honest with ourselves here.

Dearbhla & Cian; the actor'd wanna watch out; his storylines look to be petering out if Dearbhlas wandering eyes're leading anywhere with Damien; there's another few weeks til Easter to spin this storyline yet but inevitably Wedding Eve sees a break-up perhaps and Maireads OCD going into over-drive & have a breakdown?

Meanwhile in steps Will & down the line he avoids a custodial cause he has to care for her?

Do want to see FC put some effort into the Juliette/Ruth combo; they've never played many scenes before that I've noticed; you'd barely know they were cousins.

Paul's being a fuddy-duddy I guess but she is what, 11 at best in character terms so he's bang on to pull rank.

Think Erica, Doug & Ruth had the best scenes & lines in tonights episode; like the scene with Mondo & Juliette at the end where he said she's all grown up too; probably the warmest they've been since filming resumed.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

The whole show is a bit meh at the moment..someone needs to kidnap Paul and lock him in the Bistro freezer....:P

• Advertisement

Has Dean left after Allie? I thought if Brows would cheat it be with him not Damo

Has Dean left after Allie? I thought if Brows would cheat it be with him not Damo

Very limited supply of "hunks" in Ctown....:P

• Registered Users Posts: 16,188 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Real edge of your seat episode, Mairead cleaning the kitchen counter and Doug putting batteries in a remote.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Brilliant choice of film from Erica, I absolutely love Titanic. I know all the lines in it I’ve watched it that much.

My favoutite part of Fair city is when Paul starts ranting and raving around the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 apollo95

I have to say, Brows looked amazing tonight.
    And Juliet finally seems to have gotten acting lessons.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Nokia6230i

apollo95 wrote: »
    I have to say, Brows looked amazing tonight.
    And Juliet finally seems to have gotten acting lessons.

Was gonna go with both opinions myself; Juliet has certainly toned down the over-enunciating every word possible.

Love the flat above the Pig; savage decor; what now for Petes Place? Can't imagine Sean moving back in; get the feeling that character is done with Fair City?

Again the actress playing Ruth is shining apart from some of the others; t'was like during the Summer FC decided finally to give her some decent lines & scenes & she's flying.

Juliets little dig @ Mondo after Paul confronted her (was gonna say them but Mondo just stood back & didn't intervene....) "I've always been this grown up; you just weren't paying attention" was well delivered; no reaction from Mondo; FC SWs could've done something with that; he also said something similar to her in the beer garden of Sundays episode.

She seems to have a bit of an American accent I think?

The scene with Paul was good mind; think if it was a match he might've just ewualised with the last goal of the game with his last line; she seemed crestfallen when he didn't apologise.

The scene with her & Ruth at the laundrette was good too; maybe that's what it'll take to continue improving her as an actress; FC has started to pick up the pace a bit lately but some dull enough scenes at times with other characters.

Dearbhla defo copped Mairead chucking the magazine was down to Mairead spraying it beforehand but not wanting her to notice right?

Wonder will Dearbhla make a play for Damien before the Easter Nuptials; Cian was a bit too accepting when he came into the shop; I'd've dumped her to the kerb.

Cian looks slick in the suit in fairness but his character isn't gonna last much longer; he's only barely in it as it is.

The Pete-Doug-Erica thing; in fairness to them all they're playing the scenes very well.

Til Thursday then......

Where did Sean move to after Pete bought the house?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

Where did Sean move to after Pete bought the house?

Don’t know, haven’t seen him for a while now. He could have moved in with Orla, especially after she’d been burgled. He doesn’t seem to mix with his remaining family though at all.

Nokia6230i wrote: »
    Was gonna go with both opinions myself; Juliet has certainly toned down the over-enunciating every word possible.
    She seems to have a bit of an American accent I think? ...

Yeah...its seems to be the voice a lot of kids are going for ....is she acting..?? who knows..
    She'll probably start saying "Mom" and "like" too much soon...i hope the writers will resist this awful trend...
    be proud of your Dublin accent....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭jos28

So Doug and Erica are back in the flat. Who paid for all the renovations that Doug did before Erica moved in ? I'm sure Pete didn't pay for all the furnishings

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Sparko

I noticed Juliet said she has spent weeks with Ruth - they literally interacted for the first time this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,936 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Feck off Dearbhla, Damien was dead right.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,020 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

pjohnson wrote: »
    Feck off Dearbhla, Damien was dead right.

Don't worry, I've a feeling Damien and Darbhla are going to make up.

jos28 wrote: »
    So Doug and Erica are back in the flat. Who paid for all the renovations that Doug did before Erica moved in ? I'm sure Pete didn't pay for all the furnishings

What has interior designers Bob, Carol and Tommy have to say after all their work?

Sparko wrote: »
    I noticed Juliet said she has spent weeks with Ruth - they literally interacted for the first time this week.

The more lines she gets the more annoying that american accent is becoming...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

I can’t bear the suspense anymore did Doug go to Galway or not?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,936 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Is this episode out of sync?

What the fùck marriage over.

Waynes blown all the money?

What?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

How many handy men does a small village need, and PR people

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

pjohnson wrote: »
    Is this episode out of sync?

What the fùck marriage over.

Waynes blown all the money?

What?

Solar powered cars!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,721 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

The solar powered cars and the debt, I guess I was not suppose to laugh :pac:

Advertisement