Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v6] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

• 31-03-2016 5:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55,449 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Time to start a new Fair City thread.

Please familiarise yourself with the charter before posting:

Soap Opera Charter - *** November 20th, 2013 ***

The Rules:

There should be no spam, trolling or any general muppetry. (Any of this will result in posts being edited/deleted)

Try to be friendly & courteous to each other. If things get out of hand, offenders will be banned. (Any Abuse or Racism will not be tolerated)

Commercial advertising is not permitted. (Contact the Admins if you wish to place ads on the site)

Before starting a new thread, please check see if there is already a similar thread existing. (Duplicate threads will be removed)

Any "off topic" posts will be edited, closed or deleted without warning.
    Remember, not everyone may have seen a TV show.

If you are giving away plot points, please use the spoiler tag.
    To do this, put (spoiler) (/spoiler) around the text. (replace the () brackets with [] brackets.)

It will then look like this:
    This is a spoiler

Don't ask where you can download TV shows or give any links to them. In fact try to stay away from discussion of downloading altogether.

Charter Update - January 14th, 2013

There have been several reported posts lately of lewd comments on this forum. Nobody wants to read crap about "what you'd do" to to a character of the opposite sex (or similar sexual comments). It's crass and childish. Lewd comments will earn a one week ban from this point forward.

Charter Update - October 4th, 2013

Please don't make demeaning comments about the appearance of actors that appear in your favourite soaps (saying things like they're ugly, flat chested etc.).

It's not funny or clever, and will earn you a one week ban from this forum from this point forward.

Charter Update - October 31st, 2013

It is against the charter to drag the Fair City thread off topic conversation/Stephen Jokes.

Any repeat offenders of these rules, will be banned.

Charter Update - January 24th, 2015.

Only moderators are authorised to post details of card/infractions/bans in this forum. If posters engage in this practice they will incur a one week ban.

All the usual Boards.ie rules also apply.

If there are any queries/problems, you can send a PM to one of the forum mods.

Old Fair City Threads

Fair City v5

Fair City v4

Fair City v3

Fair City v2

Fair City v1

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Might as well start this thread with a street scene like the start of every episode.

250px-Faircityrte.jpg

10383555405_c462ca9909_m.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,071 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

monkey9 wrote: »
    Might as well start this thread with a street scene like the start of every episode.

250px-Faircityrte.jpg

10383555405_c462ca9909_m.jpg

Ah here. Do it right!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,071 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Grandeeod wrote: »

Spot the episode!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

Grandeeod wrote: »

Ah here that's is not right either. What happened the guy trying to fix his mountain bike across the road from mccoys. ??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭BettePorter

Does emmett own any clothing that isn't sh*t brown in colour? He looks like a walking advert for the skits!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭hearmehearye

I'd love the Ram and Amanda to get together. I was in a relationship with a much older man at that age. It would be a decent, and pretty edgy story (a lá red rock somewhat).

And Ellie is supposed to be what, 10? I know 6 year Olds more mature.

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Littlefinger

what was the point of that "3some" storyline?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭BettePorter

Wow the girls really showed him didn't they! Witches of eastwick they aren't!

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭hearmehearye

To teach Emmett a lesson - duh!

It was a bloody pointless story.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,569 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Does this mean that Emmet never bumps into either again?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭X6.430macman

Ben calling dermot as he goes down the stairs- (dermot) ''hello Ben it's me dermot''

Ahhh as if Ben didn't realise that he was calling his father. It sounded as though dermot called Ben not the other way around.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,569 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Oisin's a dead man walking? Yeh right, short arse!

walshb wrote:

He's going to play it ''bishop style''

• I see Dolly walking up and down th street again

• Registered Users Posts: 6,663 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Great to see Heather back, Renee didn't half give the game away by storming in there to protect Ellie from a packaged chocolate bar, talk about giving cause for alarm. And Heather is clearly planning something to get out there early and......God only knows what, but in her state of mind, it cant be good and can only be entertaining! Emmet stringing along Farrah and the older one, yes who cares, he has some opinion of himself. hes ugly and wears womens clothes, bore off...:P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

Who the hells makes hot chocolate in a pot on a hob???

What scheming minds! He must be humiliated!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Cormdogg

How would Emmet know all about the Bishops? He's only a blow in! A threesome is possibly the only interesting outcome

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭squadro

Woo hoo. No mention of the rising.

squadro wrote:
    Woo hoo. No mention of the rising.

Give it 6 weeks until those boys are back again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭jos28

Stupid Renee annoying me again. Why won't she tell the medical professionals what was happening with Heather. Surely not having the full story will impact on her treatment. Heather can't be prosecuted for what she did to Ellie :confused::confused:

I'd love the Ram and Amanda to get together. I was in a relationship with a much older man at that age. It would be a decent, and pretty edgy story (a lá red rock somewhat).

And Ellie is supposed to be what, 10? I know 6 year Olds more mature.

God no, i think that storyline would be ridiculous, certainly in as far as having Tommy involved. It's just not something he do, not with Amanda. He'll be with Jackie i imagine.

I thought they were going to bring him back to the house and leave him tied up in the garden in the nip or something.

But no, they just pretended they were going to have a threesome......and then eventually said 'ah we're not really. Thanks for the cocktails."

Utterly utterly pointless scenes apart from helping fill up the the required twenty three minutes or so of material.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭Alice1

jos28 wrote: »
    Stupid Renee annoying me again. Why won't she tell the medical professionals what was happening with Heather. Surely not having the full story will impact on her treatment. Heather can't be prosecuted for what she did to Ellie :confused::confused:
    I think she is afraid that DSP (or someone) will take Ellie away

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

Ama must have changed her opinion of Emmett at least 5 times in the last week. Unstable nurse? She honestly does not know what she wants or what she stands for.

Speaking of unstable individuals it is great to see (new style) Heather back and she is as devious as ever. Some interesting times ahead here.

Dermot has made a total fool of himself with Tommy, Amanda and Dolores. Can't still figure out what's wrong with Jo. It won't be the 'obvious' affair anyway. To answer an earlier point Jo's sister had Huntington's not ALS/MND. Both conditions are pretty similar though (not sure if Huntington's is another MND variant or not?) only one lasts longer with the former. Charlie's first wife Mags died of ALS in real life and had mixed up this with Jo. I recall though Jo hadn't the same gene to get it as her sister??? There is something amiss anyhow? With either Jo or Ben.

No sign of Doug these days. Wonder what he would make of his beloved Ama now. The way she has acted the last week would turn anyone off her forever!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭groucho marx

New thread :) I'm excited.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭groucho marx

monkey9 wrote: »
    God no, i think that storyline would be ridiculous, certainly in as far as having Tommy involved. It's just not something he do, not with Amanda. He'll be with Jackie i imagine.

Or Debbie. ..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Always number 1

walshb wrote: »

I must admit I had a little giggle when Oisin & Charlotte sauntered into the pub and were saying if they'd be Brennan-Bishop or Bishop-Brennan (I don't think Len would approve)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Always number 1

bazermc wrote: »
    Who the hells makes hot chocolate in a pot on a hob???

Eh I do too ðŸ™

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

Eh I do too ðŸ™

Yeah that's really the nicest way to make it!! You don't put milk in your kettle do you??

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement