Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v10] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,985 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Is Amy, Decco's ex?

Orla why is not talking to Carol or Sharon? Now Bob,Hughie and Renee are involved in the big divorce :rolleyes:

Dearbhla seems to be enjoying spending more time with Mairead, sick twisted such a change of character

Mairead could not ask Bronagh, Dolly, Renee, Bosco or even Cris to help wedding dress shopping

Tommy is very perspective, I suppose cheaters can tell other cheaters

Yes, I'm sure she (the influencer) was a character in it before. Was it Decco she was dating?

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Niall_76

Strazdas wrote: »
    Yes, I'm sure she (the influencer) was a character in it before. Was it Decco she was dating?

I think her name was Amy too. Could be the same character. She was a journalist I think

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

I might be too old/out of touch but I’ve no idea what the heck Juliette and yer one Amy are talking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

bazermc wrote: »
    I might be too old/out of touch but I’ve no idea what the heck Juliette and yer one Amy are talking about.

Neither do they! 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 85,011 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I did enjoy Paul's muppets dig joke at Renee and Bosco

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭jos28

I did enjoy Paul's muppets dig joke at Renee and Bosco

Loved that too, Bosco is such a nasty character. Nosy old git

• Registered Users Posts: 5,997 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

It's all like about influencing or something like that....... Amy, like, she's soo trendy. (said in a Juliett voice)

So getting jiggy with Damo put a spark into Dearbhla and Cian's relationship

Dearbhla seems to be taking pleasure in being the other woman, a cheater and then being Mairead's friend

• Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

jos28 wrote: »
    Loved that too, Bosco is such a nasty character. Nosy old git

Its like Rory was method acting for 40 years

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Nokia6230i

Sundays episode'd a lot going on to be fair; they rattled through scenes & storylines.

Tonights was a bit similar but both were good for it; it did feel a bit like Claire Byrne Live at times shoehorning topics into one epsiode.

Amy is legit an ex of Damiens; briefly she was in it a few years back; she's quare familiar for sure.

"Michael" for Mondo ha ha! And "Jules"; though I think the character'd love that going forward.

Staedtler & Waldorf; fair focks to Paul for that line ha ha ha!

Totally serves Bosco right; eaves-dropping on the Orla & Paul convo & then having a dig @ Paul regarding his bonce & the light too.

Lenny & Robyn; I presume this Lenny fella never actually appeared? How'd Robyn exit the show; I can only remember her with Jimmy.

Dolores getting onto the solicitor lad; Bosco opening his gob led to that.

Junior asking Sash about not being married & how did she have Olivia if she wasn't married; well Junior, wait til yer Ma & Dads tell you how you were born bro'!

Though how Sash reckons he's depressed from that's beyond me.

As it happens Sash was like me in that scene with Orla & Paul; I hadn't a clue what was going on Maths wise or what he was trying to say/do.

Poor Cian; sincerely hope the actor isn't signed up on a per line or per scene contract; they're giving him nothing; he was a good actor in Red Rock too like.
    He's gonna get shafted but maybe, just maybe, they'll give him more lines as he becomes king-maker in scuttling Mairead-Damien & throws Dearbhla under the bus while he's at it; then it'll be rubbing of hands, my work here is done & out the door & off the set.

Juliet & Amy; Dear Fair City, you can't do a proper selfie at that angle......much less from that distance but you know what? I'm sure props dept.'d a selfie-stick.......

Juliet's having no luck at all; keeps balls'ing things up for Mondo & Amy doesn't give af; sincerely hoping influencers & wannabe influencers social media gurus & what not're watching this; it can all come crashing down & trying to rebuild a brand?

Well look at Al Porter and Gordon Elliott & Kevin Spacey & Harvey Weinstein, Max Clifford (yeah I know he's dead) etc.

Well done to FC on this storyline; influencers've generally got a short shelf-life before they plateau or implode; Georgia Salpa dropped off the planet once married & with kids; reckon she saw writing on wall perhaps; Rosanna Davison & Pippa O'Connor're still going but would imagine they're one of the few actually coining it in.

With the preview clip for Thursdays episode I'll be interested to see how the garage thing goes down; still can't make out how it benefits Paul and can imagine how the cars're being sold, for cash it seems, means Orla's gonna be left with a Revenue liability.

Til Thursday then.....

• Advertisement

Paul mentioned Robin remarried and has a garage, could she make a return?

I think Amy was with Decco when he was separated from Kerri Ann after her affair with Mondo, he wanted to make her jealous, I don't remember Amy with Damo

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Sash..WTF..hope she's not on some fad diet...looked very thin in the face....:confused:.....
    Dodgy Paul looking to get one over on Wayne....Solicitor, sorry "lawyer" with his knee-phone again..:rolleyes:
    Poor Renee getting roped into Bosco's insult from Paul...:Ah poor Juliet the dope, Mondo getting all Nigel Ownes on her in the street...
    Damo to have a heart attack....?..Pity Tommy didnt use the term "some old skank.." telling Derblah about his cheating....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭Sparko

I think Amy was with Decco when he was separated from Kerri Ann after her affair with Mondo, he wanted to make her jealous, I don't remember Amy with Damo

https://www.rte.ie/entertainment/2018/0827/987872-kerri-ann-loses-her-cool-when-she-sees-amy-on-fair-city/

There she is with Decco, definitely same actress and same character name. I found another article from around the same time saying that this Amy was going on a date with Mondo so presumably if she was supposed to be the same character now that might have come up by now. Strange that thetsbuae the same character name if they want her to be a different character.

Whatever happened KA in the show. Was she banged up for killing the other girl. Can’t remember her name

In real life the actress is now a teacher in my nephews school.

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭Flowergirl201

Whatever happened KA in the show. Was she banged up for killing the other girl. Can’t remember her name

Was she not murdered?

Yeah they killed her off, Robbie's ex Aoife murdered her, Kerry Ann had murdered her daughter.

Yeah they killed her off, Robbie's ex Aoife murdered her, Kerry Ann had murdered her daughter.

God yes I remember now. That story line was clearly unforgettable

Enjoyed that..Orla ripping into Dolly and Pete...nice...
    I like Alex now ..he's a good actor

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 119 ✭✭Shelby Foote

Influencers...God they're head wreckers.

Who'd be so weak willed as to want to imitate such hollow fakes.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,185 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I like Alex now ..he's a good actor

He's a fine actor but I find his goody goody attitude very boring!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Nokia6230i

If there was an AMA with the cast I'd ask 1. Are ye allowed dress yourselves so long's wardrobe etc. approve of it and 2. If you are do you often get dressed in the dark?

Specificly for Juliette tonight to be fair though Dearbhlas "Make me look tall" dress might've been something Biddy in Glenroe'd've been proud of.

Paul with the foot out; now we know he didn't stay the night but like how unprofessional and simply weird is taking out your toe in the sitting rm. of a "friend"; not to mention if I was the actor I'd've been a bit "Em not sure about this bit" to the SWs......

Pete dropping him/them in it to Dolores & Bosco down behind the shelve like the cat that got the cream......

Amy (while I acknowledge it was her & Decco; did or didn't Damo step out with someone similar looking when he was with Suzanne or something?) & Juliet; absolute doses.

Re Dolores P.O.A. thing; I thought the contract represented good value; now Orla wants to milk her position for all its worth; flogging 6 - 7 vehicles incl. an S.U.V. for 30 Grand through the books.......yeah like that'll not be noticed.

Lenny; was there ever a character in Fair City & did Robyn (Orlaith Rafter is very friendly with the advertisers; super radio voice) head away with him & then Jimmy left or can anyone remember that far back?

Cian probably had more lines tonight than in all the episodes he's been in put together; can't believe he's sussed but at least now Damo can put it to bed & move on surely; she won't blab & while Cian doesn't know it was Damo it'd be easier this way......but Cian will inevitably twig & be king-maker before his character bows out.

Alex; again tonight had a few more lines than normal; needs to get more involved in this; he's just treading water; least he ditched the Ronnie!

Til Sunday then.

He's a fine actor but I find his goody goody attitude very boring!

Rather a nice kid over that yoke Juliet is playing...Influencers god help up...in 50 years ther'll be no nurses...:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

I'm enjoying little Junior's appearances lately, he has really grown up and delivers his lines very well. He's so cute. A much better actor than the eejit that plays Bosco.

Curlysue76 wrote: »
    I'm enjoying little Junior's appearances lately, he has really grown up and delivers his lines very well. He's so cute. A much better actor than the eejit that plays Bosco.

Really hope his arm gives him jip in the cold weather.....careful now...!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭Sparko

Nokia6230i wrote: »
    Paul with the foot out; now we know he didn't stay the night but like how unprofessional and simply weird is taking out your toe in the sitting rm. of a "friend"; not to mention if I was the actor I'd've been a bit "Em not sure about this bit" to the SWs......

Amy (while I acknowledge it was her & Decco; did or didn't Damo step out with someone similar looking when he was with Suzanne or something?) & Juliet; absolute doses.

I think at this stage we can infer that the actors couldn't give a damn about the script and will read whatever nonsense is put in front of them.

The girl you're thinking of who was involved with Damo, could that have been Hayley's mate? Damo got way too intense after about one date and she ran for the hills. I've tried to find a picture but I've had no luck so far. I vaguely remember him buying her a rose in the pub or something.

I actually met the actress who played Robin a few years ago. She was hired by my company for internal training where we had to do role playing exercises. She didn’t seem impressed when I asked her about fair city. Lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

Sparko wrote: »
    I think at this stage we can infer that the actors couldn't give a damn about the script and will read whatever nonsense is put in front of them.

The cast unfortunately have no input into the script so it's not a case about not giving a damn.

I actually met the actress who played Robin a few years ago. She was hired by my company for internal training where we had to do role playing exercises. She didn’t seem impressed when I asked her about fair city. Lol.

Didn't she have an eating disorder and Jimmy cheated on her with Ali?

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Karlos77

Was she not murdered?

Kerri ann was murdering the lines so the script writers killer her

Juliet needs to be killed off aswell she is an absolutely brutal actor ..the worst actor ever

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Karlos77

apollo95 wrote: »
    I have to say, Brows looked amazing tonight.
    And Juliet finally seems to have gotten acting lessons.

She needs to get a lot more as she is still brutal

Advertisement