Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 stock updates *NO CHAT*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22 ninjapharaoh

Isnt what currys is doing against lockdown?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

Called into Jervis Curry's and they said they had none but were not convincing the way they said it. Sounded to me like they may have been keeping them for staff!? No queue at all...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Northernlily

madmoe wrote: »
    What time does Jervis close at I wonder!?

Don't bother. I was just there. Out.

Don't bother. I was just there. Out.

What did they say to you? Did they have some and were sold out!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭Morathi

Isnt what currys is doing against lockdown?

Yes.

• Advertisement

What did they say to you? Did they have some and were sold out!?

I walked up to the lads straight on front of the door and they said they didn't get any in and had none. So I just took their word for it left empty handed. My expectation was that I wouldn't get one anyway going in. Absolutely no queue. They did mention Blanch and Liffey Valley had stock earlier as we know.

Mad to actually see that place open all the same with customers in it.

I walked up to the lads straight on front of the door and they said they didn't get any in and had none. So I just took their word for it left empty handed. My expectation was that I wouldn't get one anyway going in. Absolutely no queue. They did mention Blanch and Liffey Valley had stock earlier as we know.

Fair enough, it seems they genuinely didn't have them.

Cheers,
    M

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭mathsman3.14

Anyone have an issue with GameStop link and code? Monday I forwarded the email to a friend and he used it no bother. However another friend forwarded his to someone and while the code worked no bother, it won’t let him checkout because it’s says out of stock? :( The email and codes are supposed to be good until 11:59pm tonight.

Please tell me GamStop did not send our more preorder emails than they had consoles...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭thomasm

Just got dispatch notice from Smyths for preorder made Saturday morning. There is a kid in for some surprise on his birthday next week thanks to you guys ðŸ‘ðŸ‘

Fair enough, it seems they genuinely didn't have them.

Cheers,
    M

Jervis had 70 units in this morning. All gone now according to the PS5 stock alerts account. Queues seemed to have gathered once the tweet went out.

A bit annoyed now that the store didn't give a heads up yesterday evening when I called in.

When you said they were not convincing, that's likely what you picked up on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭superflyninja

Im in the queue for Game, I wont get one but just in case, how much customs is charged now buying from UK?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Canonfan

According to the guy on Twitter, Jervis had 70 units this morning and all gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭BlackMask93

Mine was just delivered. It's going to be along day in work now.

Thank you for all the tips within this thread, it's been a journey. Good luck to everyone in they're hunt for the PS5.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Canonfan

He just twitted: Currys Carrickmines currently taking names down for stock. Disc version only!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,102 ✭✭✭mathie

Anyone know the best place to find a ps5 controller?
    North Dublin
    Thanks

Drops seem to becoming more frequent. That's Currys and Game UK today. If Smyths have another this weekend a very good sign that production has been ramped up.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭klose

Anyone have that stock discord link handy?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,918 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

If you get offered the opportunity to buy a disc version only, take it! The €100 saving on the DE will cost you a lot more in the long run. You can still buy digitally delivered games on it but also second games off eBay/GameStop/adverts etc, and won’t be restricted to the PS store only. I wouldn’t have bought a PS5 had it not got a Blu-ray drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,959 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

If you get offered the opportunity to buy a disc version only, take it! The €100 saving on the DE will cost you a lot more in the long run. You can still buy digitally delivered games on it but also second games off eBay/GameStop/adverts etc, and won’t be restricted to the PS store only. I wouldn’t have bought a PS5 had it not got a Blu-ray drive.

That's nonsense about it costing you a lot more in the long run.

Myself and my brother game share so games are half price. You buy Spiderman from GameStop for €80, I buy it from PS Store for €80 (€40 each). We can both play the game at the same time.

Now you trade your game in against Demon Souls and it costs you €40 (€40 credit for Spiderman). I pay €80 from PS Store (€40 each again).

You've now spent €120 on two games and only own one. I've spent €80 on two games and I still own both.

Also in most situations last gen most games were offered in a sale on the PS store for the same price or a small amount more than you can buy a physical game for on sale or second hand and I'd expect that to continue.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Currys Letterkenny had 70 today. Gone in 1 5hrs. I reckon thats the 1st batch they had up here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭tiredblondie

klose wrote: »
    Anyone have that stock discord link handy?

I've had no notifications or update on that since the 06th feb with the smyths drop!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭skerry

Currys antics seem to be getting attention in the news so I'd be surprised if this continues or if they don't get a slap on the wrist. Mad its been going on this long without getting attention.

https://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/play-station-5-ireland-mad-23482897

TitianGerm wrote: »

Myself and my brother game share so games are half price. You buy Spiderman from GameStop for €80, I buy it from PS Store for €80 (€40 each). We can both play the game at the same time.

Now you trade your game in against Demon Souls and it costs you €40 (€40 credit for Spiderman). I pay €80 from PS Store (€40 each again).

You've now spent €120 on two games and only own one. I've spent €80 on two games and I still own both.

Also in most situations last gen most games were offered in a sale on the PS store for the same price or a small amount more than you can buy a physical game for on sale or second hand and I'd expect that to continue.

other posters wasnt exactly nonsense, he spent 570 for disc version and a game he can sell on when finished.
    you paid 560 for digital version with two games you can't sell on. the cost of your two games is still 160 and itts irrelevant if your brother has paid half of the game.

also not sure if you are game sharing in same console or separate digital consoles which would mean between you and your brother you have spent 960 on two consoles and two games??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,618 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

skerry wrote: »
    Currys antics seem to be getting attention in the news so I'd be surprised if this continues or if they don't get a slap on the wrist. Mad its been going on this long without getting attention.

https://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/play-station-5-ireland-mad-23482897

how many times could they possibly use the term "Mad scenes" :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭bdmc5

This doesnt make any sense at all.

Having a disk version allows you benefit of buying privately for much cheaper than CEX or gamestop in the first place. I bought demon souls for 55e and i sold it for 50. I bought spiderman privately and sold it for exactly what i paid for it 2.5 weeks later. Demon souls not for me and thoroughly enjoyed spiderman-- 5e it cost me to play both

I find the PS store prices very expensive compared to buying from Amazon or buying privately. If i get the urge to play a game i played through before i may download digitally if a bargain price .

Pro and cons to each version but price savings on digital is definitely not one in the long run.

other posters wasnt exactly nonsense, he spent 570 for disc version and a game he can sell on when finished.
    you paid 560 for digital version with two games you can't sell on. the cost of your two games is still 160 and itts irrelevant if your brother has paid half of the game.

also not sure if you are game sharing in same console or separate digital consoles which would mean between you and your brother you have spent 960 on two consoles and two games??

No I've spent €80 on two games. My brother has also spent €80 on two games. He lives in another part of the country and has a disk console because he couldn't get a digital at the time.

If the other poster sells his game for €40/50 then it's cost him €30 and now has no game. I still have my game I paid €40 for.

No I've spent €80 on two games. My brother has also spent €80 on two games. He lives in another part of the country and has a disk console because he couldn't get a digital at the time.

If the other poster sells his game for €40/50 then it's cost him €30 and now has no game. I still have my game I paid €40 for.

yes because your brother paid for half of the game. it still cost 80 euro each game.

sure i bought demon souls for 40 euro and if i choose to sell it now id get damn close to what i paid for it. but my girlfriend actualiy paid half, going by your logic it cost me 20 to get the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Rasmus

Sorry everyone but who's the guy that tweets updates?

yes because your brother paid for half of the game. it still cost 80 euro each game.

sure i bought demon souls for 40 euro and if i choose to sell it now id get damn close to what i paid for it. but my girlfriend actualiy paid half, going by your logic it cost me 20 to get the game.

I was only ever talking about how much the game cost me. Yes DS would have cost you €20 in that case and if you sell it for €30 (€15 each) it's only cost you €5 to play the game but now you don't own the game anymore.

DS is a bit of an outlier though as it was bundled with a lot of consoles and it's not a game a lot of gamers will play and people just wanted to sell it on quick so sold it cheap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭lemonkey

It's not nonsense, though.

Example I bought RDR2 for €70 (i think) for PS4 when it came out and sold it 3 weeks later after I completed it for something like €58.

Digital doesn't cost more but the €100 difference will soon be easily clawed back. Not to mention if you kept buying and trading disk games (depending on how often you game / buy games) you have to potential to make back a sizeable chunk of the console price over 6-7 years before the ps6.

Advertisement