Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Irish media hysteria

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭RunningFlyer

Just finished reading today’s Sunday Times.

I was 10 pages in and enjoying the paper before I realised there was minimal coverage on COVID. It must have been a conscious decision by the paper because it’s actually noticeable how little attention it has this week.

Very refreshing to be able to read a Sunday paper without being overloaded on negative COVID coverage.

Well done to The Sunday Times. Hopefully others will follow suit and limit the bad news! Did anyone else notice the same?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

Matt Cooper is like a really bad film that crosses over into unintentional Comedy

I now only listen to the first 10 minutes of his show to see just how hilarious he's going to get

Today's literal first 10 seconds:

"On today's Last Word;

Will we now not be allowed to holiday in even Ireland this year? And later; is there a more horrendous Wave 4 still to come?"

:pac:

PRES-DEBATE-JH4790184148.jpg

He then loses it with a listener who texts in criticizing his opening story about "domestic holidays possibly now in jeopardy as well"

Awful man. Awful broadcasting

Question: is the UK still getting bombarded with "news" like this? I don't watch Sky News but I'm presuming even they have moved onto more positive vaccination stories

Why the fcuk is the "leader" of Ireland delivering huge news like this via an 'exclusive interview' with the Irish Daily Mirror?

Nine more weeks of 'severe lockdown', Taoiseach Micheal Martin confirms

https://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/nine-more-weeks-severe-lockdown-23526450.amp?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=sharebar&__twitter_impression=true

• Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭khalessi

ShineOn7 wrote: »
    Why the fcuk is the "leader" of Ireland delivering huge news like this via an 'exclusive interview' with the Irish Daily Mirror?

https://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/nine-more-weeks-severe-lockdown-23526450.amp?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=sharebar&__twitter_impression=true

Cos he is a wassock

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Samsonsmasher

Because the Irish people have rolled over and done whatever they were told already so why wouldn't they do it again?

The weakest "leader" and weakest "minister of Health" during a once in a lifetime pandemic

Mehole continues to flip flop

https://twitter.com/sharonmlynch/status/1362804622079983618?s=20

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,362 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

My biggest issue with the media through this whole pandemic is they give the number of cases and deaths and that’s more or less it. There’s been very little to no context for those numbers. I will say that fergal Bowers has done Trojan work in trying to add the necessary context to the numbers when giving the daily numbers. I’m sure I’m not the only one who’s gotten messages from family after numbers have been released with no context to them and said family member in a panic.

I’ve stopped watching the daily briefings because it’s not worth it IMO. You’ll only depress yourself more. I check rte.ie and then the cork city section of here. That’s it.

And look I know the media were always going to cover this thing because one it’s a huge news story and two in rtes case they’re a national broadcaster so it’s part of their remit imo. It’s the nearly constant doom and gloom which I don’t like. We know the situation is ****, we don’t need that compounded unnecessarily.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,535 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    My biggest issue with the media through this whole pandemic is they give the number of cases and deaths and that’s more or less it. There’s been very little to no context for those numbers. I will say that fergal Bowers has done Trojan work in trying to add the necessary context to the numbers when giving the daily numbers. I’m sure I’m not the only one who’s gotten messages from family after numbers have been released with no context to them and said family member in a panic.

I’ve stopped watching the daily briefings because it’s not worth it IMO. You’ll only depress yourself more. I check rte.ie and then the cork city section of here. That’s it.

And look I know the media were always going to cover this thing because one it’s a huge news story and two in rtes case they’re a national broadcaster so it’s part of their remit imo. It’s the nearly constant doom and gloom which I don’t like. We know the situation is ****, we don’t need that compounded unnecessarily.

If we only counting as cases were people who turned up in doctors surgeries the numbers would be too small to strike enough fear into people....this is mass hysteria that cannot be maintained for much longer...it will be interesting what happens after the hysteria recedes...how much liberties we get back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 101 ✭✭ElektroToad

I want a goddamn inquisition into the Irish media and particularly RTE as a whole after this nonsense is eover.

The constant doom and gloom for clicks is an utter perversion of their civic duty as the national broadcaster to inform the Irish people of the risk of COVID in a measured manner.

Yes, the government message should be communicated, but it should also be challenged where appropriate.

Instead, there is no attempt to dig in or provide a reasonable analysis of the cases, deaths, the trends we are seeing. No mention of the broader or longer-term implications of these lockdowns on Irish society ( e.g. economic costs, the damage incurred to millennials and generation Z who again get shafted financially during the most productive years of their lives, non-COVID deaths etc.)

Instead, they are driving the fear and hysteria into overdrive to keep people glued to their screens and giving media oxygen to 'zero-COVID nutjobs' and medical professionals with a blatant commercial agenda to boost their own profiles.

Also notice that no mention of how rest of Europe is getting on? We all remember images of nursing homes in Northern Italy this time last year, but no images of Italy now, given that the restaurants and cafes are open again and people are taking matters into their own hands in a bid to return to normality!

/Rant over

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭ginoginelli

They only care about clicks, coverage, more advertising etc. That's their goal.

They feign abhorration and preach at us from a supposed higher moral ground, but it's all bull****. They have no dog in the fight. It's all about just keeping the hype going and increasing their coverage.

Pre level 5 they whipped up a maelstrom at the urgency of the situation and the need to shut down immediately. The next day it was all about poor businesses being shut, level 5 being too harsh etc. Pure manipulation.

They are just playing with peoples emotions. Its evil.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,841 ✭✭✭TomTomTim

They only care about clicks, coverage, more advertising etc. That's their goal.

They feign abhorration and preach at us from a supposed higher moral ground, but it's all bull****. They have no dog in the fight. It's all about just keeping the hype going and increasing their coverage.

Pre level 5 they whipped up a maelstrom at the urgency of the situation and the need to shut down immediately. The next day it was all about poor businesses being shut, level 5 being too harsh etc. Pure manipulation.

They are just playing with peoples emotions. Its evil.

Agreed. Still though, it's bittersweet that it's taken this situation for many people to realize how bad supposed journalism is. This kind of behavior isn't new, it's been around since the inception of journalism. Once COVID is done, if it ever is, they'll be straight onto some new "crisis", that we should all worry deeply about.

“The man who lies to himself can be more easily offended than anyone else. You know it is sometimes very pleasant to take offense, isn't it? A man may know that nobody has insulted him, but that he has invented the insult for himself, has lied and exaggerated to make it picturesque, has caught at a word and made a mountain out of a molehill--he knows that himself, yet he will be the first to take offense, and will revel in his resentment till he feels great pleasure in it.”- ― Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

I heard McDonkey was on the radio again today spreading his "thoughts" as facts

I've done some digging and found this site for issuing complaints about radio and TV broadcasts in Ireland

We should keep each other upto date via this thread about who's being a wanker and then start complaining to the BAI en mass

https://www.bai.ie/en/viewers-listeners/complaints/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 875 ✭✭✭mean gene

Mcdonkey same head that was on today fm 2 weeks ago saying itll be around for another 5 years

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 875 ✭✭✭mean gene

RTE going with this tonight

https://www.rte.ie/news/us/2021/0221/1198452-coronavirus-us/

rte want the virus to stay and all of us in like sheep watching their propaganda news

Via the main thread

Re: McDonkey

Look at this shambolic laundry list of things he got wrong

He said, and I quote, that Covid was going to be "the Spanish flu, mixed up with the Irish civil war, which was 100 years ago, mixed up with the 1929 stock market crash". He went on to say, and again I quote: "I estimate there could be between 80 and 120,000 deaths.".

In the same interview, he stated: "Our best case scenario we’ve passed. My median scenario is that we’d have a 20 per cent attack rate and 20,000 deaths".

He then went on to say: "Worst case scenario is potentially up to an 80 per cent attack rate — that’s four million and again the two per cent death rate which could even be three or four per cent"

(That's him up to 160,000 deaths now).

Other McDonkey predictions include a 10pm curfew (October) under Level Six restrictions of our Five Level system, and then went onto predict Level Ten restrictions.

He is a catastrophist who has completely lost the run of himself.

"catastrophist" is one word to call him

Another - and I only use this for the "special" people in the world, is "cúnt"

user_offline.pngreport.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭doublejobbing 2

Matt Cooper just read out the UK road map as if it was ours and then ended it with "there's just one catch. It only applies to six of our counties"

Tosser.

Matt Cooper just read out the UK road map as if it was ours and then ended it with "there's just one catch. It only applies to six of our counties"

Tosser.

He's blatantly trolling people now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,107 ✭✭✭hi5

Ah now lads it could be a lot worse, what if listening to anything other than Irish stations was punishable by death!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volksempf%C3%A4nger

(And yes, I know who Godwin was)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,024 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Tosser.

And it doesn't even apply there. The road map today was for England only.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,593 ✭✭✭political analyst

Why would RTÉ broadcast things said about the virus if they were not true?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,593 ✭✭✭political analyst

hi5 wrote: »
    Ah now lads it could be a lot worse, what if listening to anything other than Irish stations was punishable by death!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volksempf%C3%A4nger

(And yes, I know who Godwin was)

Who he was? He's still alive!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Godwin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 669 ✭✭✭tallaghtfornia

rte want the virus to stay and all of us in like sheep watching their propaganda news

No offence to anyone here but I cannot understand why people complain about RTE and still watch it. With the exception of the Toy Show at Christmas I have not watched one minute of there biased programing since all this began.

Anthony Staines on Cooper "many of those who died could have expected another 40 50 60 years to live"

How many exactly, Anthony?

60 years. How many people liable to die of Covid in their 20s were healthy enough to live 60 years?

Anomalies portrayed as the normal.

The Nal wrote: »
    And it doesn't even apply there. The road map today was for England only.

Really? It doesn't cover the North?!

Bollix anyway, I was planning a trip up for when retail opens on April 12th.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,494 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

I want a goddamn inquisition into the Irish media and particularly RTE as a whole after this nonsense is eover.

The constant doom and gloom for clicks is an utter perversion of their civic duty as the national broadcaster to inform the Irish people of the risk of COVID in a measured manner.

Yes, the government message should be communicated, but it should also be challenged where appropriate.

Instead, there is no attempt to dig in or provide a reasonable analysis of the cases, deaths, the trends we are seeing. No mention of the broader or longer-term implications of these lockdowns on Irish society ( e.g. economic costs, the damage incurred to millennials and generation Z who again get shafted financially during the most productive years of their lives, non-COVID deaths etc.)

Instead, they are driving the fear and hysteria into overdrive to keep people glued to their screens and giving media oxygen to 'zero-COVID nutjobs' and medical professionals with a blatant commercial agenda to boost their own profiles.

Also notice that no mention of how rest of Europe is getting on? We all remember images of nursing homes in Northern Italy this time last year, but no images of Italy now, given that the restaurants and cafes are open again and people are taking matters into their own hands in a bid to return to normality!

/Rant over

It's almost like RTE are just the media wing of the government....

Woah

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,494 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Why would RTÉ broadcast things said about the virus if they were not true?

It's not that their untrue. It's the spin. The negativity and the absolute lack of argument against the draconian restrictions in place right now.

After this is over RTE will need a complete overhaul because I can see a lot of people never paying the licence fee again. It's propaganda not news.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

It's not that their untrue. It's the spin. The negativity and the absolute lack of argument against the draconian restrictions in place right now.

After this is over RTE will need a complete overhaul because I can see a lot of people never paying the licence fee again. It's propaganda not news.
    RTE are way ahead of you. They are getting their friends in government to implement a new Broadcasting tax that will penalise every household in the country that has a computer, tablet, mobile phone etc. This new household tax will continue to indefinitely fund RTE's mismanagement of their finances, their continue terrible service offerings, and make the millionaires at our national broadcaster even wealthier. More importantly, for the government, they will continue to report in a partial and biased manner, with little to no criticism of their paymasters who enable them. All of us will be picking up the tab for this; both financially and socially.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 199 ✭✭Morries Wigs

Heard gerry kilneen giving out abt nolan saturday saying he wasnt offering hope to anyone here regarding getting out of this and he said he be out with his pitch fork protesting then 5 minutes later kilneen was saying the vaccines wont work -nuts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 101 ✭✭ElektroToad

It's almost like RTE are just the media wing of the government....

Woah

Actually no, I think it's way worse. RTE are driving the agenda. It's abundantly clear the Government has no control over them whatsoever.

I can perfectly imagine the Government ministers and their advisors all watching the 6 o'clock news everyday and sh!tting themselves if they are seen to go against this hysteria for fear of a public mauling by the media. That's why there's no real direction or leadership these past 3 months. They are paralyzed and afraid to say wrong thing or make wrong move.

Look at what happened to poor Leo back in October when said the NPHET advice "wasn't fully thought through" or considered the "bigger picture"....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

I watch RTÉ for neighbours and Home and Away. Their entire advertising content is Covid Ads, RTE shows and mortgage ads. They need that government covid ad revenue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

Anyone listening to Gerry Killeen on the Last Word this evening will have needed a stiff drink after it.

Vaccines aren’t going to be worth a curse against the Brazilian variant apparently.

Cooper never asked him to put forward any evidence.

Listening back to Matt Cooper's opening minutes here purely for the unintentional comedy

He really did list a load of great sounding new rules and lifting of restrictions, to then pause for a second and say "the only problem is it's only for the Six Counties that are part of the UK"

Again https://www.bai.ie/en/viewers-listeners/complaints/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Deusexmachina

I will NEVER forget Marion Finucaine discussing the economic collapse in an interview a couple of years before she died. She said that, while everyone was terrified and depressed, it made for 'great listening figures' for her programme.

That Battle Axe and her cronies in RTE kept the fear and negativity at full volume to sell the adverts.

And we see it happening again with Covid. They have no shame. I hope there is a groundswell reaction to their 'broadcasting charge' with lots of civil disobedience - like when Irish Water got handed their arses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,672 ✭✭✭jackboy

Anyone listening to Gerry Killeen on the Last Word this evening will have needed a stiff drink after it.

Vaccines aren’t going to be worth a curse against the Brazilian variant apparently.

Cooper never asked him to put forward any evidence.

In fairness to Killeen he said he believes the vaccines won’t be effective in the medium term. I don’t think he meant the Brazilian variant specifically, more like some new variants that are likely to come along.

Saying that, I do think he was overly negative regarding the vaccines. I think it’s likely the second and further generations of them will be able to handle the variants.

Listening back to Matt Cooper's opening minutes here purely for the unintentional comedy

He really did list a load of great sounding new rules and lifting of restrictions, to then pause for a second and say "the only problem is it's only for the Six Counties that are part of the UK"

Again https://www.bai.ie/en/viewers-listeners/complaints/

I was getting excited until I realised after the first two or so that they sounded very like the UK stuff I'd heard 40 odd minutes earlier and then I sort of paused wondering WTF he was on about.

Obscenely irresponsible. I'd have fired off a text only they'd probably black list me from any future competitions :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭blackvalley

Probably fair to say that the bulk of listeners to RTE , Newstalk and mainstream media are middle aged conservative ( Ordinary ) people. The sort of people who will do their best to observe all the rules and regulations imposed on them in these difficult times. AND YET this same group are hammered all day with warnings , advertisements and threats about what to do and not to do . Theres a particularly annoying radio add where a lady with an " im afraid of everything " tone reminds us that " were all in this together ". The last time I heard this same " afraid " voice she was ordering her husband the unfortunate Jim to get down off the flat roof and get a professional to mend it .
    Starts in the morning with that dose Tubridy who seems to think somebody nominated him to lead everyone to the promised land .( In between advertising the late late show and mentioning the Kennedy family ) Claire Byrne is guaranteed to have at least one doom and gloom segment while Joe Duffy would have the skin washed off your hands. Darcey is almost as bad with the hand washing while persuing a one man anti alcohol campaign . At the same time of course he will mention by way of being broad minded how he went mad and had one small glass of wine on Saturday night.
    This constant hammering of the compliant reminds me of an old tradition in rural Ireland called " The mission ". This was where all the loyal catholic flock were frog marched to church every evening for a week . While there they were subjected to preaching and berating . Roared and bawled at about the evil lives they were living , sins of the flesh and all the fornication they were committing . This was all administered by a travelling preacher / priest and certain orders provided the gun slingers for this speciality, i recall that the redemptorists were particularly harsh .
    What I am attempting to say in a long winded way is that this constant stream of negativity is almost as bad as the disease itself .
    Oh and before you ask the reason I listen to mainstream media is habit I suppose although on a daily basis I say " never again" :)

RTÉ have an online survey going on at the moment to find out what we think of them and what we want from them. Here are a couple of statements from the survey that we can have a say on:
    RTÉ is an organisation people in Ireland can be proud of.
    RTÉ is an important part of Irish life.

This is a good opportunity to convey to our national broadcaster our views on the job that they are doing at the moment:
    https://www.rte.ie/haveyoursay

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭agoodpunt

?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,695 ✭✭✭Chivito550

Kivaro wrote: »
    RTÉ have an online survey going on at the moment to find out what we think of them and what we want from them. Here are a couple of statements from the survey that we can have a say on:

This is a good opportunity to convey to our national broadcaster our views on the job that they are doing at the moment:

Done.
    RTE have been a disgrace during the Covid-19 pandemic. The coverage has been shamefully one sided, devoid of any balance. RTE are nothing more than a mouthpiece for the government and the HSE. It is frankly sickening that you keep up this narrative, and provide the same doom merchants like Sam McKonkey regular unchallenged air time, where he can spout his agenda of fear to the public. I see through it, but there are many who don't, people who are vulnerable to all this fear and negativity, who's mental health have plummeted because of your shameful reporting. RTE can not be classified as "journalism" anymore, it is mainly PR, hardly surprising given the huge amount of ad revenue you are currently receiving off the HSE. I suspect many will refuse to pay their licence fees this year. Frankly, RTE the last year make me ashamed to be Irish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Anthony Staines on Cooper "many of those who died could have expected another 40 50 60 years to live"

How many exactly, Anthony?

60 years. How many people liable to die of Covid in their 20s were healthy enough to live 60 years?

Anomalies portrayed as the normal.

Anthony Staines is the biggest covid loon of them all , worse than mc Conkey

• Advertisement

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    Anthony Staines is the biggest covid loon of them all , worse than mc Conkey

I'd call it a draw

You can hear it in both their voices when they're on the radio: they are on a total windup

I'd call it a draw

You can hear it in both their voices when they're on the radio: they are on a total windup

No , Staines is like some cult leader or devout true believer who,s already downed the " cool aid " , hes sincere which makes him far more dangerous

i remember he was on with cooper and yates on the tonight show around march of last year , he claimed that hospitals would be so overwhelmed with numbers (tens of thousands ) , those recovering would need to be placed in makeshift hospitals , he suggested pulling the pews out of churches and turning big buildings like that into recovery field clinics

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭eastie17

Independent online newspaper headline online at the moment, they just fill in the blanks every day, standing headline. Nice work if you can get it.

BREAKING Coronavirus Ireland: X further deaths and X more Covid-19 cases confirmed
    There have been X further deaths and X more Covid-19 cases, the Department of Health confirmed today.

Mad_maxx wrote: »

Staines:

suggested pulling the pews out of churches and turning big buildings like that into recovery field clinics

That is unintentionally hilarious

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭themacattack.

Kivaro wrote: »

done....let it rip lads ...

That is unintentionally hilarious

had we been dealing with a " black death " style scenario , i can see how churches would be ideal , they are big , open and everywhere

done....let it rip lads ...

Well done.
    It is not often that we get an opportunity to express our views about RTE. Their bias is clearly evident during this pandemic. Are they really worth €160 of your hard earned money ....... every single year?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭nigeldaniel

The media here in Ireland loov bad news, it gets them going, the only good news we hear from them is about cute puppies and dancing queens.

Dan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭growleaves

Probably fair to say that the bulk of listeners to RTE , Newstalk and mainstream media are middle aged conservative ( Ordinary ) people. The sort of people who will do their best to observe all the rules and regulations imposed on them in these difficult times. AND YET this same group are hammered all day with warnings , advertisements and threats about what to do and not to do . Theres a particularly annoying radio add where a lady with an " im afraid of everything " tone reminds us that " were all in this together ". The last time I heard this same " afraid " voice she was ordering her husband the unfortunate Jim to get down off the flat roof and get a professional to mend it .
    Starts in the morning with that dose Tubridy who seems to think somebody nominated him to lead everyone to the promised land .( In between advertising the late late show and mentioning the Kennedy family ) Claire Byrne is guaranteed to have at least one doom and gloom segment while Joe Duffy would have the skin washed off your hands. Darcey is almost as bad with the hand washing while persuing a one man anti alcohol campaign . At the same time of course he will mention by way of being broad minded how he went mad and had one small glass of wine on Saturday night.
    This constant hammering of the compliant reminds me of an old tradition in rural Ireland called " The mission ". This was where all the loyal catholic flock were frog marched to church every evening for a week . While there they were subjected to preaching and berating . Roared and bawled at about the evil lives they were living , sins of the flesh and all the fornication they were committing . This was all administered by a travelling preacher / priest and certain orders provided the gun slingers for this speciality, i recall that the redemptorists were particularly harsh .
    What I am attempting to say in a long winded way is that this constant stream of negativity is almost as bad as the disease itself .
    Oh and before you ask the reason I listen to mainstream media is habit I suppose although on a daily basis I say " never again" :)

The word 'conservative' seems to have changed meaning or taken on bizarre connotations.

It used to be associated with holding on to a way of life. Unless we regard bureaucracy and 'what the government says' as our way of life, then most people are not conservative at all.

On the contrary they're accepting of radical, permanent changes - sometimes rapid change on a daily basis - in conformance to the superstructure of authority composed of government, officials and media.

Advertisement