Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Valentine's Walrus Reveal

• 14-02-2021 12:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 14,808 ✭✭✭✭

il-794x-N-2612401265-cli8hh.jpg

Welcome to the Valentine's Quickfire Walrus reveal thread!

Hope you're all having a fabulous first ever lockdown Valentine's Day. Staring at the walls all day is so romantic.

Had a great time listening to these songs. Very few I didn't like. As always all comments are my own and do not represent Boards.ie or anyone who knows anything about music for that matter.

We'll be kicking off around 5pm Sunday evening so feel free to post gifs and other nonsense until then.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,668 ✭✭✭✭Hello 2D Person Below

Is it too late to offer a bribe?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

ShaneU wrote: »
    ...feel free to post gifs and other nonsense until then.
    giphy.gif

Can't wait to feel the love tonight. I'm sure it'll be enough to make kings and vagabonds believe the very best

That sort of nonsense? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

200.gif

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,718 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Can't wait to feel the love tonight. I'm sure it'll be enough to make kings and vagabonds believe the very best

That sort of nonsense? :D

If Phoebe was starting out today she would be considered a musical genius. Every second ad on telly has some young lady ripping off her singing style in cover versions. Ms Boufet was ahead of the curve.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,280 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Haven't a clue how to post gifs but am always willing to post nonsense.

Is it 5 p.m yet? :D

What about you Shane?

tumblr_mic6odno7g1rsbaeto2_500.gif

Going to tell us what you'd have picked?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,808 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Sure why not

A million great choices for round 1 so hard to choose just one. Here's one of my favourites

Love Affair - Everlasting Love

Round 2 was STACKED with great love songs so many of my favourites are already there. No one chose this one though

Dusty Springfield - The Look of Love

Round 3 is a bit tougher to find a song for. I'll go with this.

Jimmy Ruffin - What Becomes of the Brokenhearted

Yeah I like 60's music so what :pac:

Nice. Don't know the first, will stick it on in a bit. Can't argue with two and three :)

All 60s makes me feel better, I was worried I was living in the past when all of mine were over 10yrs old :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Think I might be f**ked for this one... Kind of forgot who I was choosing songs for... :pac:

• Advertisement

Think I might be f**ked for this one... Kind of forgot who I was choosing songs for... :pac:
    Don't worry, I'll prop you up :p

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,718 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

AHHHHH Now I see where I've been going wrong :eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Necro wrote: »
    AHHHHH Now I see where I've been going wrong :eek::eek:

Necro, I think where you've been going wrong is firing in your choices within 30 seconds of the sign-up thread going up... The first strategy you should deploy is taking even 5 minutes to consider your choices... :D

Baby steps... :pac:

Necro, I think where you've been going wrong is firing in your choices within 30 seconds of the sign-up thread going up... The first strategy you should deploy is taking even 5 minutes to consider your choices... :D

Baby steps... :pac:

200.gif

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,280 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Nice. Don't know the first, will stick it on in a bit. Can't argue with two and three :)

All 60s makes me feel better, I was worried I was living in the past when all of mine were over 10yrs old :D

Mine are definitely oldies! :D

Sure why not

A million great choices for round 1 so hard to choose just one. Here's one of my favourites

Love Affair - Everlasting Love
    Nice. Don't know the first, will stick it on in a bit...
    tenor.gif
    :D
    Didn't know who that was by!

Not sure how my 21st century electroclash, trip-hop, emo triple-header is going to get on compared to those!

tumblr_nimc93qT8z1r8sc3ro1_500.gif

tumblr_nimc93qT8z1r8sc3ro2_500.gif

tumblr_nimc93qT8z1r8sc3ro3_500.gif

I never got around to entering this, had pondered my choices until time ran out. :o But am looking forward to this as a neutral bystander, curious to see if anyone chose what I would have chosen (and if Shane rubbishes those choices).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,322 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

That Jimmy Ruffin song is class :)

All 3 of them are.

Cant remember what I submitted, but none of them are anywhere near as good as those 3 songs :D

9a771276c32c8f914dfc3b7cf0f7d5df.jpg

Round 1 True Love. Stay Cool .Be Mine. starting soon

but first a word from our sponsor :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭SineadSpears

Eh well mine are certainly not to your taste after seeing what you posted :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭aaronjennings

Eh well mine are certainly not to your taste after seeing what you posted :pac:

Snap

Race you to the bottom

We'll start in the middle and work our way towards the top and bottom.

In 13th place with 13 points is
    Rikand

Relish - Heart-Shaped Box

Have I listened to this artist before? No
    Have I listened to this song before? No

I was dreading a bad Nirvana cover but that's not the case here. It's got a funky riff and a catchy chorus. Really like this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭SineadSpears

Snap

Race you to the bottom

I don't know about that.

I have a bit of a mashup song first, but fun. an oddball but lovely song next.. & then a pure marmite song :D

Round 1 True Love. Stay Cool .Be Mine. starting soon

but first a word from our sponsor :D

We used to lick the writing side and press it against your skin for a temporary tattoo :)

In 14th place with 12 points is
    Arghus

The Wildhearts - Loveshít

"What can I do about this loveshít anyway?" One of John Keats lesser known poems iirc :pac: It's a fun catchy rock song that doesn't take itself seriously.

• Advertisement

In 12th place with 14 points is
    Reberetta

Daisy Chainsaw - Love Your Money

Well this is certainly different. It's got a ska/punk beat to it that I'm digging. Good choice.

Advertisement