Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Valentine's Walrus Reveal

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,808 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Lovey-dovey round is next. You guys knocked it out of the park in this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,668 ✭✭✭✭Hello 2D Person Below

Kolido wrote: »
    tenor.gif?itemid=17444675

BOARDS WALRUS BLACKLIST:
    Dave Chappelle
    Jon Bon Jovi

In 13th place with 13 points is
    Zaph

INXS - Never Tear Us Apart

Have I listened to this artist before? Yes
    Have I listened to this song before? Yes

When a song as good as this is in the middle of the pack you know it's gonna be a good playlist :D Fantastic power ballad but there's some tough competition in this round.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

well, if Vixen scored so low, I expect to have the wooden spoon in the bag. :cool:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

BOARDS WALRUS BLACKLIST:
    Dave Chappelle
    Jon Bon Jovi

If it's me judging you can strike Bon Jovi and add Kate Bush and Sinead O Connor :D

Tis all dependant on the judge really

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭ari101

Wonder if my song being in a foreign language helps or hinders...? Hmmm :D

• Registered Users Posts: 30,299 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

Necro wrote: »
    If it's me judging you can strike Bon Jovi and add Kate Bush and Sinead O Connor :D

Tis all dependant on the judge really

Add Bowie, Prince and The Foo Fighters to my list

In 14th place with 12 points is
    HildaOgdenx

Foreigner - I Want To Know Love Is

Ok you're all thinking Shane's gone mad putting these two songs in the middle and has no idea what he's doing but bear with me I swear this is a really good round :D Some amazing songs coming up as good if not better than this one!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

BOARDS WALRUS BLACKLIST:
    Dave Chappelle
    Jon Bon Jovi

I've no issue with Bon Jovi myself... You already know all too well my thoughts on Chappelle... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,232 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Sounds like I should've entered it for your Walrus instead... :D

Lots of time for Kate.

That repeating guitar bit that keeps repeating all the time in the background is really cool and the changes in the songs rhythm as it goes on. Loads going on there, even if the song has a deceptively calm surface.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,232 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

What round in this again?

:D

Love this

I love my dog :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Add Bowie, Prince and The Foo Fighters to my list
    And it goes without saying no CCR for ASLB :D

Arghus wrote: »
    What round in this again?

love songs

In 12th place with 14 points is
    Gru

Foo Fighters - Everlong

This is a great rock song but is it a love song? On first listen I thought it was about drugs but the lyrics are vague enough that you could interpret it as a love song too. What the hell do I know? I didn't write it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

Arghus wrote: »
    Lots of time for Kate.

That repeating guitar bit that keeps repeating all the time in the background is really cool and the changes in the songs rhythm as it goes on. Loads going on there, even if the song has a deceptively calm surface.

I agree.
    The Red Shoes wouldn't be my favourite album of hers, but has some great arrangements and a collaboration with Prince - and Rubberband Girl was a class pop song!

In 15th place with 11 points is
    Hello 2D Person Below

The Fureys - When You Were Sweet Sixteen

This is my Granny's favourite song. And luckily for all of you the Fureys do a much better job at singing it than she does :D The original version was the number one song in 1900 :eek: Holds up pretty well 121 years later.

And it goes without saying no CCR for ASLB :D

Of course, a guaranteed last place for them feckers...

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭Sawduck

Some great songs already, can't see my pick getting higher than these but as long as it beats the cover version(which will probably be here) I'll be happy

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

tumblr_o9crho7zXJ1sxm49so1_400.gifv

In 11th place with 15 points is
    Kolido

Richard Marx - Right Here Waiting

A very enjoyable soft rock song. The piano is instantly recognisable. It really tugs on the heart strings :D

• Advertisement

En la posición 16 con 10 puntos está
    ari101

Ha-ash, Prince Royce - Cien Años

¿He escuchado a esta artista antes? No
    ¿He escuchado esta canción antes? No

¿Quién puede entender esto sin un traductor? No sé de qué están cantando, ¡pero es una canción pop divertida! Intenté usar la aplicación duolingo para aprender español por un tiempo, pero perdí el interés bastante rápido. Todos hablan inglés allí de todos modos.

giphy.gif

You constant gifs made me watch an episode of ****ts creek last week and now I’m on series 4!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,506 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

ShaneU wrote: »
    ¿Quién puede entender esto sin un traductor? No sé de qué están cantando, ¡pero es una canción pop divertida! Intenté usar la aplicación duolingo para aprender español por un tiempo, pero perdí el interés bastante rápido. Todos hablan inglés allí de todos modos.
    :D

ari101

huh.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

ari101

speak-english-boy.jpg

In 10th place with 16 points is
    aaronjennings

Taylor Swift - Love Story

Have I listened to this song before? No

This is one of Taylor's earlier songs as a country artist. According to the album description this song was once the number one selling country song of all time! Surprised I haven't heard it before. It's a great country pop song. Not a fan of the Romeo and Juliet lyrics but other that I can't argue much. The bridge at 2:30 is brilliant.

You constant gifs made me watch an episode of ****ts creek last week and now I’m on series 4!

giphy.gif

I actually picture LeVar as that guy in those gifs now tbh. :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 7,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭cee_jay

In 10th place with 16 points is
    aaronjennings

Taylor Swift - Love Story

Have I listened to this song before? No

This is one of Taylor's earlier songs as a country artist. According to the album description this song was once the number one selling country song of all time! Surprised I haven't heard it before. It's a great country pop song. Not a fan of the Romeo and Juliet lyrics but other that I can't argue much. The bridge at 2:30 is brilliant.
    I almost entered this one... I have a feeling my choice for this round might be more towards the bottom of the pile!

• Advertisement

In 17th place with 9 points is
    Rikand

Jamiroquai - Love Foolosophy

Hey! who told you I was a huge disco fan? Oh it was probably me....several times. The guitar hook is almost identical to Stardust - The Music Sounds Better With You. And I like that song too. But is it a love song? I can't really say that it is.

Advertisement