Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Valentine's Walrus Reveal

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭speckle

The I left my heart in Amsterdam... spectacular song..when he screams those lyrics...it reverberates right through ya... cool e Sinead.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭ari101

Just catching up... I have not made an appearance yet, likely a bad omen if compared to what has been well rated so far and the 60s vibe... should have gone with the old school stuff ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

ShaneU wrote: »
    In 19th place with 7 points is
    Also Starring LeVar Burton

Kate Bush - And So Is Love

giphy.gif

Boo! Should've been 1st place! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,808 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

In 7th place with 19 points is
    osh

The Isley Brothers - This Old Heart Of Mine

Have I listened to this artist before? Yes
    Have I listened to this song before? No

Instantly loved the start of this, it's a cheery 60's pop song! I've only heard funk songs from The Isley Brothers before. Great stuff.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

ari101 wrote: »
    Just catching up... I have not made an appearance yet, likely a bad omen if compared to what has been well rated so far and the 60s vibe... should have gone with the old school stuff ;)

Me neither, I'm expecting to be full duck or no dinner as per usual :pac::pac:

• Advertisement

In 20th place with 6 points is
    Necro

The Darkness - Love Is Only A Feeling

Have I listened to this song before? Yes

I like The Darkness but this wouldn't be one of my favourites from them. The guitar is brilliant throughout though.

Necro wrote: »
    Me neither, I'm expecting to be full duck or no dinner as per usual :pac::pac:

Well as long as you manage the occasional full duck you should have left overs in freezer of forum gaming self esteem ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭SineadSpears

Necro wrote: »
    :pac: How did Sinead miss the category

Expecting some heavy metal in the breakup category now :P

I don't remember the specifics of the categories :D. I think i just seen that it required something to do with love and heart, so thought I'd go for fun & upbeat rather than lovey dovey/ or breakup. Whatever the category was supposed to be :pac:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

I'll take it. Love that Darkness track :D

In 6th place with 20 points is
    mustang shelly

Barbra Steisand - Woman in Love

First of all, props to you for actually entering a love song :D and this one is a classic. Barry Gibb pops in with backing vocals on the chorus but not with his signature ultrasonic dolphin tones. I suppose his ball-clenching shrieks wouldn't really suit the rest of the song. The overlapping vocals in the last minute are great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,299 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

I am expecting either Amy Lee's Love Exists or Evanescence' My Heart Is Broken to appear tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 13,350 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Just remembered what I picked. I think it will be another LeVar Walrus score for me.

In 21st place with 5 points is
    ari101

Khalid & Normani - Love Lies

Very brave of you to enter a relatively new song here. Not the type of music I'd normally listen to but I did like Khalid's song Young, Dumb and Broke. This song falls more onto the side of modern R&B that Drake puts out which I find rather boring.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,299 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

In 6th place with 20 points is
    mustang shelly

Barbra Steisand - Woman in Love

First of all, props to you for actually entering a love song :D

I put a lot of effort into not selecting a rock or metal song for this walrus :p

The Darkness - i only know 'I Believe in a Thing Called Love'. Its a bit of a piss take so I never thought to listen to anything else of theirs. But that song is nice..

Very brave of you to enter a relatively new song here. Not the type of music I'd normally listen to but I did like Khalid's song Young, Dumb and Broke. This song falls more onto the side of modern R&B that Drake puts out which I find rather boring.

I didn't realise there was bravery in what I was doing at the time :D clearly have yet to get a feel for the audience ;)

Yeah I like the path where their (Khalid and Drake) sounds are in a similar vibe. Give me Hold on... We Are Going Home (or whatever it is called) any day! :D

In 5th place with 21 points is
    Electric Nitwit

Crystal Castles - Not in Love (feat. Robert Smith)

Absolute Banger. I was listening to this before the Robert Smith version came out which was.....ELEVEN YEARS AGO! Damn I'm getting old but this song doesn't it still sounds great!

Omg totally forgot about that Khalid song. Loved that! & BTW where is he these days

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

In 19th place with 7 points is
    Also Starring LeVar Burton

Kate Bush - And So Is Love

I'm a big fan of Catherine Bush CBE. How is she not a Dame yet? Sort that out Queenie! This sounds different than what I'd expect from her, mainly the electric guitar throughout. I was expecting a crescendo or chorus to kick in but it never happened. It's an enjoyable laid back song but it is very one note all the way through which was disappointing.
    A lovely bit of guitar work from Clapton :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,505 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

In 5th place with 21 points is
    Electric Nitwit

Crystal Castles - Not in Love (feat. Robert Smith)

Absolute Banger. I was listening to this before the Robert Smith version came out which was.....ELEVEN YEARS AGO! Damn I'm getting old but this song doesn't it still sounds great!

Nice :D
    Love both versions but do prefer this one. Like you say, absolute banger... and we're getting old :o

• Advertisement

Omg totally forgot about that Khalid song. Loved that! & BTW where is he these days

Probably off writing album 3 and unwilling or uninspired to release in current times?

P.S. He is like early twenties so not sure we can phrase it as these days ;) I feel old :D

In 22nd place with 4 points is
    Irish Aris

Vixen - Edge of A Broken Heart

Have I listened to this artist before? No

Intro sounds a lot like the start of Money for Nothing then it kicks into a funky guitar riff. This is probably a really famous song but 80's rock is just a massive black hole in my music knowledge, give me 70's dad rock anyday :D The 80's hair band sound has just never been for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,322 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Hopefully he has made enough money and won't torture us with anymore releases

• Registered Users Posts: 13,350 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

In 22nd place with 4 points is
    Irish Aris

Vixen - Edge of A Broken Heart

Have I listened to this artist before? No

Intro sounds a lot like the start of Money for Nothing then it kicks into a funky guitar riff. This is probably a really famous song but 80's rock is just a massive black hole in my music knowledge, give me 70's dad rock anyday :D The 80's hair band sound has just never been for me.

Awesome tune, had thought of picking that myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Kolido wrote: »
    Awesome tune, had thought of picking that myself.

I had also considered it.

ari101 wrote: »
    Probably off writing album 3 and unwilling or uninspired to release in current times?

P.S. He is like early twenties so not sure we can phrase it as these days ;) I feel old :D

I just meant he hasn't had a song out in a hot minute ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭aaronjennings

Still no sign of mine, getting a bit concerned now

In 4th place with 22 points is
    aaronjennings

Bonnie Tyler - Total Eclipse of the Heart

You've all heard this song a million times before and you all know how good it is so I don't need to explain it to you. What is interesting is that the album version I listened to is almost seven minutes long and the middle verse of the song and outro is cut out in the youtube video. Complete butchery imo. This is right up there with Tom Bombadil not being in the Lord of the Rings Movies.

I do wonder a lot how Tom Bombadil would have been portrayed in LOTR tbh.

• Advertisement

Rikand wrote: »
    Hopefully he has made enough money and won't torture us with anymore releases

I really liked him.

DJ Khalid on the other hand no thanks :rolleyes:

Advertisement