Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2021 - Thread banned users post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

https://www.theverge.com/2021/2/11/22278431/biden-administration-global-semiconductor-chip-shortage-executive-order
    umc mu mchp tsm amd acev I'll be looking at swingtrading into across the next week or so if I can get any sort of reasonably entry point. Acev the most interesting, it had a serious jump yday but pulling back premarket today, sub12 is still extended but I'd be tempted to start adding.

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭crazy_kenny

$FSR Morgan Stanley analyst Adam Jonas initiates coverage on Fisker with a Overweight rating and a price target of $27.00.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,969 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Messaged the category mods - both threads should be merged now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Underground

Bought some Blackline (BL) a couple of weeks back. Accounting SaaS company, $8bn market cap so plenty of room to run. Up 6% pre market this morning ahead of earnings call today. One to watch.

Down 12% and counting today after posting decent earnings! Long term hold for me but sometimes all you can do is laugh :)

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭The wonderfish

CCIV - big jump early +11% currently - not seeing anything on the Lucid merger...any particular reason for this spike?

• Advertisement

circadian wrote: »
    Castor Maritime up again today, broke the dollar mark quicker than I expected. Still looks very volatile but the trend is also still upwards on that.

Got ASRT at $1.30 a share today, off to a strong start so hopefully that continues. Everything else is ticking along nicely, didn't move on SURF yet as I feel there's a little downward movement I could pick up on today.

GoPro is the only one that I just don't want to look at but longer term I think I'll break even although at this point I don't even care if it hits the stop loss.

Picked up more SURF just now, will look at adding more if it breaks above the 20day ma again. Could still be more downward movement across next few days, but hopefully that 11.30 mark is reasonable support by now.

And fiverr holy sh1t, what a stock. That bounce off the 50day ma during the GME mess, alongside a short report attack on Fiverr, as perfect and predictable entry point as you'll ever get.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭MAJJ

CCIV - big jump early +11% currently - not seeing anything on the Lucid merger...any particular reason for this spike?

Possibly this statement of acquisition or all bs - I sure don't know but have 250 CCIV @ 13 so watching with interest and this morning huge aftermarket activity.

https://twitter.com/Gedigan_Wealth/status/1360230536912986116/photo/1

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,969 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

So far as I can see one of the shareholder groups in Lucid recommended selling its shares to CCIV.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,709 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

Twitter up 5% again today already. I hope its not all down to the bitcoin nonsense.

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Chuckie_Egg

I added these crispr stocks to my portfolio today as they hit my buy targets

Editas Medicine
    Intellia Therapeutics

Intellia have results due any time now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭bish76

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Do you expect that once lockdown ends, everyone sells their shares to go to Lanzarote?

I think a large proportion of this money will ultimately end up with hedge funds. They have information, tools and experience to Win this game. Novice investors will either loose or go Lanzarote and leave the market. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,581 ✭✭✭Treppen

Fisker and QuantumScape are doing well now. Nice tip.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,379 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Bought some shares in Termor International (TRMR) today - available on Degiro thanfully. Another fairly speculative stock, they're the middle man that manages advertising on video platforms (things like the RTE player).

I was tipped off for them by the thread below, which is worth a read if you're going to invest. I've been a longtime shareholder of Trade Desk which I'm very happy with. Growth figures are very impressive - 172% last year,

It's had a move recently, it was £1.30 in September, £3.50 at Christmas and £6.30 today. Projections in that tweet value it £20+ dependent on variables.

Bought some today at £6.32 to see where it goes. TRMR's comeptitor MGNI has a much richer valuation for similar operation, so hoping this catches up. It's currently a UK-listed stock, a move to the Nasdaq would give it a lovely boost too.

https://twitter.com/di_truly/status/1358409117107425280?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

Yeah, but most waiting for the pullback will have lost more money waiting than they would if they just invested

I know I did!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

CCIV doing nicely today, GEVO and NANO Dimensions all doing well in my speculative basket. Pegasystems is a company I invested in a few months back, up 30%, and reinvested today again. Very solid company, with good growth potential. Went in on Shopify and Pinterest at the start of the year and they are doing nicely also. Coupa Software is another I am in long, smaller growth their, but big potential.

Is anyone here holding OCGN? Cant remember who tipped them, they are an eye disease therapy developmeny company. It's has not been a great performer since I bought it, and I don't hold any great conviction in it. Thinking of selling, anyone any thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,342 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Got some SOS on the dip @ $5.30 earlier, thing is a bit insane.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,723 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Argo flying since it closed in LSE - up to $2.50

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Ixlandia

Yeah I got some Argo just last Friday, it's up 40% since then, crazy gains really for just one week

Argo flying since it closed in LSE - up to $2.50

Closed at 143 GBX is it 250 GBX aftermarket? I'd be so delighted if so and likely get some cash out. Where did you see that? Thanks

Argo blockchain ARB

• Registered Users Posts: 14,084 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

QS motoring and is now my biggest holding.
    Was averaging down from getting in initially at $56, up 21% and counting today. Gonna let this run before taking any profit...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

MAJJ wrote: »
    Closed at 143 GBX is it 250 GBX aftermarket? I'd be so delighted if so and likely get some cash out. Where did you see that? Thanks

Argo blockchain ARB

It's $2.57 USD at the moment, not GBX

It's $2.57 USD at the moment, not GBX

Thanks didn't think it was listed on a US exchange. Maybe poster consolidates in USD.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭Banana Republic 1

bish76 wrote: »
    I think a large proportion of this money will ultimately end up with hedge funds. They have information, tools and experience to Win this game. Novice investors will either loose or go Lanzarote and leave the market. :D

The house always wins

Do you expect that once lockdown ends, everyone sells their shares to go to Lanzarote?

People will be glad to be able to escape to Lanzarote and spend less on a weeks trip there than a weekend to Killarney ha.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Take Your Pants Off

buyer95 wrote: »
    CCIV doing nicely today, GEVO and NANO Dimensions all doing well in my speculative basket. Pegasystems is a company I invested in a few months back, up 30%, and reinvested today again. Very solid company, with good growth potential. Went in on Shopify and Pinterest at the start of the year and they are doing nicely also. Coupa Software is another I am in long, smaller growth their, but big potential.

Is anyone here holding OCGN? Cant remember who tipped them, they are an eye disease therapy developmeny company. It's has not been a great performer since I bought it, and I don't hold any great conviction in it. Thinking of selling, anyone any thoughts?

CCIV on a mad one. Surely this isn’t just a FOMO. Institutions and insiders definitely know something...

• Registered Users Posts: 45,300 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

CCIV and VUZI flying today

• Registered Users Posts: 40 CAstudent

CCIV on a mad one. Surely this isn’t just a FOMO. Institutions and insiders definitely know something...

Everyone wants to be holding over the long weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭Daz_

Hi does anyone subscribe to Motley fool for tips etc ?

MAJJ wrote: »
    Thanks didn't think it was listed on a US exchange. Maybe poster consolidates in USD.

Only got added to US on Thursday. So price we see closes at 4.30pm, but the. It trades in US till 9pm. It rose about 25-30% between 4.30 and 9pm so we the UK price should open up 25-30% on Monday

• Advertisement

Kerry Group took a serious hit at one point today apparently because a very critical report was published by 'ontake research' (never heard of them either). I must have a look at it later.

Either way Kerry is definitely one I'll be watching next week. Earnings are out Tuesday also and they're in the midst of negotiations to offload their consumer-facing businesses,

I really like the company but am wary of buying above 95 as I like to give myself some kind of margin of error for companies I plan on holding for a few years and even 95 is still quite high.

Not my type of company but I see the Short Seller report on Kerry Group got taken down

https://www.agriland.ie/farming-news/kerry-group-shares-drop-as-research-report-on-business-activity-published/

On a separate thought it’d be some craic if WSBs got on Kerry group

Advertisement