Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2021 - Thread banned users post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭The Phantom Jipper

We need to merge this one with the Stock Picks 2021 and the Unabomber Manifesto thread so we're not duplicating

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Stormington

positron wrote: »
    I read up about Chamath guy and decided to place a buy order for appox $500 each on OpenDoor and CLOV.

OpenDoor model sounds sus, I mean buying houses online based on a video tour and flipping quickly - I mean, buyers stlll need mortgage etc don't they, hardly buying used cars with cash in hand? And CLOV getting grief from short sellers, sounds like vultures doing vulture things.. so I felt bad for my man and decided to side with him. Someone please talk me out of this!
    OpenDoor: The quick turn around time from agreed sale to money in your account, with an offer from OD each time if they like it, and the ability to use Lidar on the iphone 12 max pro (the fanciest one) to provide accurate 3d room measurements for designers and tradesman are attractive.

CLOV is Healthcare and you will need someone else for this.

It looks like Chamath's criticism of the system on CNBC did not go down well with the big boys so they are putting the squeeze on him.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭johnjohn3423

$ocgn
    Are people going to hold this until there is an announcement one way or the other about FDA approval.
    I don't have major money in this but I've doubled my money with half of my original shares($ 2.85) left. Tempted to cash out but don't know what to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,389 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Green&Red wrote: »
    £ARG - Argo Blockchain PLC

Mine Bitcoin, keep 50% of what they mine so essentially a bet on Bitcoin.
    Not yet on Nasdaq as they’re below $2 but RIOT and MARA trade for 4X, mine less and sell a bigger %

Risky stock but long term big upside
    Yeah been on this since Christmas. Great company with a very bright future. Announced this morning that they're issuing new shares to buy a big new mining facility in Texas.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,389 ✭✭✭Shedite27

I read up about Chamath guy and decided to place a buy order for appox $500 each on OpenDoor and CLOV.

OpenDoor model sounds sus, I mean buying houses online based on a video tour and flipping quickly - I mean, buyers stlll need mortgage etc don't they, hardly buying used cars with cash in hand? And CLOV getting grief from short sellers, sounds like vultures doing vulture things.. so I felt bad for my man and decided to side with him. Someone please talk me out of this!
    I owned both of these since IPO, went to double down on one recently and picked Clov. Short Seller report came out the next day.

I picked the wrong horse. I'm now out of Clov (don't really like the industry/model), still own Opendoor but I hold more Redfin which is a competitor that I prefer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭robman60

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Yeah been on this since Christmas. Great company with a very bright future. Announced this morning that they're issuing new shares to buy a big new mining facility in Texas.

Another good one, thanks. Bought a chunk at 70p during the GME times when bitcoin had taken a hit. Wanted the exposure without the high commission Revolut has on crypto purchases.

As an aside what do people think of Kingspan now? It's current problems are obvious but I'm inclined to say it'll blow over. As someone said here previously, the amount of Kingspan product on a site is incredible.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭MAJJ

Shedite27 wrote: »

Am in ARGO too, thanks , I think,to your advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭the butcher

Bought another bulk of Argo shares yesterday. Added to my PLTR, PSTH & TGP holdings. Got some new ones too, UWMC this week along with TMDI & WDC last week. Still holding GLOG, TTOO and OCGN.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,738 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

Can't wait for Twitter to jump on the BTC train and spike their price.

If they do, that's when I'll sell it all. I'm with Charlie Munger on Crypto.

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Simple solution. Nobody else post's in this thread, consider it closed now!

https://youtu.be/3RBgrPn1gus

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭the butcher

Should we start looking at opportunities here ->

https://www.businessinsider.com/oregon-first-ever-state-to-legalize-psilocybin-for-therapeutic-use-2020-11?r=US&IR=T

Lancet Commission on Global Mental Health estimates that mental disorders could cost the global economy up to $16 trillion between 2010 and 2030. The FDA has opened the door for clinical trials and several are underway for mental health and addiction treatments. Canaccord values the market for psychedelic-inspired treatments at up to $100 billion. https://www.baystreet.ca/stockstowatch/9311/Psychedelic-Drugs-Could-Create-a-100-Billion-Investment-Opportunity

Peter Thiel ->
    https://www.cnbc.com/2020/11/23/peter-thiel-backs-psychedelics-startup-atai.html

This tells me that psychedelic medicine might just be a whole new asset class. Looking at MindMed and Compass Pathways.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭dashcamdanny

whats this. Another duplicate thread?? Whats the point of that?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

It seems like weve gone from one channel to post in to 10

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Theman343

Have a look at CV Sciences (CVSI)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Underground

Thinking about buying some Domo. Anyone invest in it?

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Kilough

Treppen wrote: »
    Cannabis sector is on a bull run again.

2 small tips would be Organigram and Medipharm. Probably only 1 or two days left in it.

Bought into Clever Leaves off the back of a tip on here a week or so ago, thanks to whoever posted!

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/clever-leaves-nutraceutical-manufacturer-herbal-140300201.html

Up 25% today

• Registered Users Posts: 4,591 ✭✭✭Treppen

Supercell wrote: »
    Do they listen to requests?, would absolutely love to have SMT on there, did you just email support?

Ya I got them to add about 4 stocks a while back. Had to ring them up though, then it was on the system the next day. Good service from that point of view.

Kilough wrote: »
    Bought into Clever Leaves off the back of a tip on here a week or so ago, thanks to whoever posted!

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/clever-leaves-nutraceutical-manufacturer-herbal-140300201.html

Up 25% today

Everything is up about 20% again today. I'm up about 100% across the green sector since last 2 weeks.
    This definitely has to be the top!

I've bid on a house online without a viewing! You can always say no once you see it .

Also colleague at work just bought a car online without viewing. Delivered in 2 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 boom92

Kingspan down almost 20% from the highs of the past few months on the back of news connecting it to the Grenfell fire. At what price do people think it becomes a buy?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭manonboard

Everything is up about 20% again today. I'm up about 100% across the green sector since last 2 weeks.
    This definitely has to be the top!

Well done, Amazing return!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,738 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

Jeez, Twitter gone nuts. Up 10% already today. My portfolio just took a big jump.

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

Ok I think I can finally say I've spotted a pattern for the next cannabis pump (think this one will peter out soon).

As the main players go up, there is a scramble into the canna-pharma space (penny stocks really). When noobs see the high price per share of the main players they want to get rich quick and scramble around for some hype on smaller entrants. There is usually a time-lag of one-three days.

Next time around, once there is a big announcement (examples: yesterday's announcement of Jazz taking over GW, more legalisation news in US, Aphria/Tilray merger, Canopy's integration with Constellation Brands), have a look at the small guys.
    I've no doubt it'll dip again in about a months time if there's no further news. This will the time to consider the smaller caps.

At the moment my small pharma players to watch are
    • Medipharm
    • Radient Technologies Inc
    • Revive Theraputics (tipped on here, phase 3 covid treatment!)
    • InMed (Working on synthesis in the lab as opposed to extraction from warehouses of thousands of plants)
    • Akerna (Mentioned on here... a picks and shovels player )
    • Champignon Brands (psychedelics treatment... be a while before you'd see this stuff covered on the VHI but I think the psychedelics space is the next green rush).

others I've an interest in are:
    • Greenrose Acquisition Corps. (SPAC someone tipped here a while ago... long way to go , maybe get in and get out before it fizzles out)
    • Organigram (They were belle of the ball on r/weedstocks a few years ago (along with ACB, APH and CGC). Taken a real trouncing but seem to be making a comeback.

Might be time to get out or reduce Holdings. Up 100% since last week. Only way is down.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

God that's been a very unprofitable last hour lol. Had to come.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

Timmaay wrote: »

Yes I'm 4% down overall. Nothing compared to if the CCIV merger does not go through for me. Fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,944 ✭✭✭circadian

Should we start looking at opportunities here ->

https://www.businessinsider.com/oregon-first-ever-state-to-legalize-psilocybin-for-therapeutic-use-2020-11?r=US&IR=T

Lancet Commission on Global Mental Health estimates that mental disorders could cost the global economy up to $16 trillion between 2010 and 2030. The FDA has opened the door for clinical trials and several are underway for mental health and addiction treatments. Canaccord values the market for psychedelic-inspired treatments at up to $100 billion. https://www.baystreet.ca/stockstowatch/9311/Psychedelic-Drugs-Could-Create-a-100-Billion-Investment-Opportunity

Peter Thiel ->
    https://www.cnbc.com/2020/11/23/peter-thiel-backs-psychedelics-startup-atai.html

This tells me that psychedelic medicine might just be a whole new asset class. Looking at MindMed and Compass Pathways.

Yeah pshychadelic research has been ramping up recently and has been the next hot stocks for a while. I've gotten in on the Cannabis train early and today it's smashing it through the roof. I'd say the psychadelics market will start to grow soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,359 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Tell me about it lol, happy enough with my picks, been an insane week, was expecting a pull back.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭littlevillage

boom92 wrote: »
    Kingspan down almost 20% from the highs of the past few months on the back of news connecting it to the Grenfell fire. At what price do people think it becomes a buy?

I set up a seperate thread for Irish traded stocks here

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058151218

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭cc87

Degiro showing INAQ/MILE as having lost all value for me isn't helping either

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

cc87 wrote: »
    Degiro showing INAQ/MILE as having lost all value for me isn't helping either

Yah its annoying when it does that. hopefully cciv does its usual late recovery

Advertisement