Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2021 - Thread banned users post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭greenfield21

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Bought some shares in Termor International (TRMR) today - available on Degiro thanfully. Another fairly speculative stock, they're the middle man that manages advertising on video platforms (things like the RTE player).

I was tipped off for them by the thread below, which is worth a read if you're going to invest. I've been a longtime shareholder of Trade Desk which I'm very happy with. Growth figures are very impressive - 172% last year,

It's had a move recently, it was £1.30 in September, £3.50 at Christmas and £6.30 today. Projections in that tweet value it £20+ dependent on variables.

Bought some today at £6.32 to see where it goes. TRMR's comeptitor MGNI has a much richer valuation for similar operation, so hoping this catches up. It's currently a UK-listed stock, a move to the Nasdaq would give it a lovely boost too.

https://twitter.com/di_truly/status/1358409117107425280?s=20

In February last year I posted below. If only I had put more into the likes of mgni,criteo,TTd, TRMR. Huge gains in some of these companies. Even then I was worried about an ad tech bubble. My bep on trmr is 185 with 2950 shares. Know When to sell now ha.
    My only ad tech play now is tremor international, on AIM so probably a complete Ponzi scheme but I think it's worth a punt for short term. Lots of growth in the connected tv space.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

Apparently Bill Ackman has added a 4 billion pipe into PSTH which is making it look more like it can do a Stripe sized deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭plasmin

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭Banana Republic 1

Daz_ wrote: »
    Hi does anyone subscribe to Motley fool for tips etc ?

I don’t subscribe to the site but they have a book worth reading.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,944 ✭✭✭circadian

plasmin wrote: »

Yep been going on for a while now. Texas Instruments, NXP and Ambarella are all big providers to the industry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Stormington

Vixxy's chastity belt got broken.
    It's party time.
    Pump it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Chuckie_Egg

circadian wrote: »
    Yep been going on for a while now. Texas Instruments, NXP and Ambarella are all big providers to the industry.

It's looking like NXP semi and Volkswagens futures are becoming more intertwined. They had the same issue last August, and with VW stepping up production of their EV range it has put pressure on the NXP to up production again.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭treatyman

Hi, few things crossing my mind at the moment, Apple's next iOS release will have a popup for all apps regarding tracking your data.

https://stitcherads.com/blog/apple-privacy-preparation-guide/

Are Apple making it impossible for social media apps to track your data for advertising so that they themselves can hold all this information for themselves. Wouldn't surprise if they have something coming that will make their position in ad targeting stronger than anyone else.

On a different theme, WHOOP seem to be very popular, they are private at the moment but think their model is excellent. Wonder will they go public or is there a way to get involved with their investors on this?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,527 ✭✭✭✭kippy

treatyman wrote: »
    Hi, few things crossing my mind at the moment, Apple's next iOS release will have a popup for all apps regarding tracking your data.

Are Apple making it impossible for social media apps to track your data for advertising so that they themselves can hold all this information for themselves. Wouldn't surprise if they have something coming that will make their position in ad targeting stronger than anyone else.

On a different theme, WHOOP seem to be very popular, they are private at the moment but think their model is excellent. Wonder will they go public or is there a way to get involved with their investors on this?

Are there people still buying iPhones?

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭treatyman

kippy wrote: »

Yes. Still have a huge fan base.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭jams100

https://www.rte.ie/news/business/2021/0212/1196849-are-banks-about-to-start-charging-us-for-our-savings/

To all the people who say a crash is imminent etc. The above article is worth a read, essentially it seems like banks are going to offer you low risk investment options which you'll have to choose otherwise you'll be charged negative interest rates on your deposits.

That's obviously not to say that every stock goes up and there could be a 5-10% correction anyday. On the whole EV sector I'd be very careful, values of some of the companies imo seem very frothy, the EV market is only so big and not everyone will win...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,527 ✭✭✭✭kippy

jams100 wrote: »
    https://www.rte.ie/news/business/2021/0212/1196849-are-banks-about-to-start-charging-us-for-our-savings/

To all the people who say a crash is imminent etc. The above article is worth a read, essentially it seems like banks are going to offer you low risk investment options which you'll have to choose otherwise you'll be charged negative interest rates on your deposits.

That's obviously not to say that every stock goes up and there could be a 5-10% correction anyday. On the whole EV sector I'd be very careful, values of some of the companies imo seem very frothy, the EV market is only so big and not everyone will win...
    I suppose this is one of the reasons that stock prices have gone up so much - there is a lot more money going into them - both from the lad at home with Revolut or easy access to a very cheap broker etc with their spare cash that they "cant" make much from in savings, and all of the additional "thin air" money that is being printed.
    I do think a lot of this is already "priced in" (to some extent) to most stocks as it has been going on a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,361 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

If you're holding long and believe in the stocks you have, and there's a crash coming, who cares.?

Crashes are a fantastic buying opportunity.

6 wrote: »
    If you're holding long and believe in the stocks you have, and there's a crash coming, who cares.?

Crashes are a fantastic buying opportunity.

No one is long forever. Agree with you re buying opportunity where funding allows.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,459 ✭✭✭roosterman71

What do people use for looking at stock charts where you can put on indicators as overlays, etc? Want to try learn about charts and look at patterns and how things react, etc, etc.

What do people use for looking at stock charts where you can put on indicators as overlays, etc? Want to try learn about charts and look at patterns and how things react, etc, etc.

I don't get the reliance on charts such as cup and handle and golden cross. If you know a stock well you'll know it better than a short term MA crossing over a longer term MA indicator. If you don't know a stock well and relying simply on a golden cross it could just as easily catch you out.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,459 ✭✭✭roosterman71

I don't get the reliance on charts such as cup and handle and golden cross. If you know a stock well you'll know it better than a short term MA crossing over a longer term MA indicator. If you don't know a stock well and relying simply on a golden cross it could just as easily catch you out.

Didn't say I was relying on charts. Want to learn about them. Having knowledge on stuff can only be beneficial. You could see a patter forming, do some investigation into the stock and then make a decision. Can't harm to know more about anything, and it can't be a negative.

Didn't say I was relying on charts. Want to learn about them. Having knowledge on stuff can only be beneficial. You could see a patter forming, do some investigation into the stock and then make a decision. Can't harm to know more about anything, and it can't be a negative.

You can look up a share in Yahoo Finance, then click on Charts you'll get indicators.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,359 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

When planning an entry into a stock its helpful to know some TA (technical analysis) to help you get the best possible price.
    I find pennants (also known as bull flag, equal triangle) to be the most reliable price action indicator.
    Other than that learn what an ascending and descending triangle patterns means,
    In candle stick charts a double top is a really powerful one as can be hammers and bearish/bullish engulfing patterns.

Moving average, personally try and get in around the 50 MA though if its near the end of a pennant you may not get the chance, hot stocks can run hot far longer than is rational.
    Cup and handle is another decent pattern, you also see people talking about head and shoulders patterns but in my experience that's not a very reliable indicator.

Option prices (max pain etc) can give you an idea of where the crowd thinks the price is going to move, but options are complex, dont touch them or use them until you have some decent TA knowledge under your belt.

If you are trading with the aim of holding for a long time horizon (years) , patterns and moving averages wont play such a big role, buy and hold is the safest way to invest (in good companies).

Investopedia has nice examples of all the stuff i mention above and there are many youtube videos out there, invest some time in yourself learning, it will make you a better trader.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭Wottle

Supercell wrote: »
    When planning an entry into a stock its helpful to know some TA (technical analysis) to help you get the best possible price.
    I find pennants (also known as bull flag, equal triangle) to be the most reliable price action indicator.
    Other than that learn what an ascending and descending triangle patterns means,
    In candle stick charts a double top is a really powerful one as can be hammers and bearish/bullish engulfing patterns.

Moving average, personally try and get in around the 50 MA though if its near the end of a pennant you may not get the chance, hot stocks can run hot far longer than is rational.
    Cup and handle is another decent pattern, you also see people talking about head and shoulders patterns but in my experience that's not a very reliable indicator.

Option prices (max pain etc) can give you an idea of where the crowd thinks the price is going to move, but options are complex, dont touch them or use them until you have some decent TA knowledge under your belt.

If you are trading with the aim of holding for a long time horizon (years) , patterns and moving averages wont play such a big role, buy and hold is the safest way to invest (in good companies).

Investopedia has nice examples of all the stuff i mention above and there are many youtube videos out there, invest some time in yourself learning, it will make you a better trader.

Is there anywhere for free to view the EMA & SMA?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,359 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Wottle wrote: »
    Is there anywhere for free to view the EMA & SMA?

Tradingview.com. Sign up for a free account,
    brilliant charting site

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Did you smash it

Did anyone make money or has plans or opinion on plays connected to the deregulation of gambling in the US? Still in its early stages as it will be legalized state by state.

I’m looking at Playtech.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭One More Toy

Did anyone make money or has plans or opinion on plays connected to the deregulation of gambling in the US? Still in its early stages as it will be legalized state by state.

I’m looking at Playtech.

Yes, up 68% on DKNG

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭Dave1711

I’m looking at Playtech.

Yeah i bought into Draftkings at 25 dollars and again at 33.

Probably get it on Fanduel once it goes public too.

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭gudede

Yes, up 68% on DKNG

I started a position on DKNG in January. Reminds me of paddypower back in the early 2000’s. also like that its a recognisable brand already in the states.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,592 ✭✭✭Treppen

you want charts... The Chart Guys on YouTube

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭cc87

Doubtful that of all of these are useful but......

https://twitter.com/reddogt3/status/1360554176560967680?s=21

• Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭greenfield21

Yeah and while your at it you may as well start following Dr parik Patel, Sen Eloise Williams and John wb Rich on Twitter for all the good following charts will do you. You'll probably get better advice out of them.

treatyman wrote: »

Apple have a different MO than the other data mining crowds. There Cornering the privacy market.

• Advertisement

kippy wrote: »

Yes for privacy.

Advertisement