Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2021 - Thread banned users post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭cc87

Do people have a PT in mind for OCGN if phase 3 trials are positive and EUA is granted?

I've taken considerably more than my initial investment out of it now and very tempted to leave whats left in there for the long run. The potential for covaxin to work against variants seems to suggest it has potential to increase considerably more than the jumps we saw for Novavax/Moderna.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Rcfp

If it hits 13 again I'm taking profit. Market is crazy volatile.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

Some of the exchanges like NYSE are 15 minutes behind so it could be that?

Must be it, I'll just pay for realtime again saves the hassle of missing a trade.

Atlas_IRL wrote: »
    Must be it, I'll just pay for realtime again saves the hassle of missing a trade.

I just have the yahoo finance app on my phone/laptop with my portfolio saved in it and use that to track them then switch to degiro to make a trade.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭endainoz

gocall01 wrote: »
    Good Morning,

I'm based in Ireland, I've been following this thread on and off for some time now.
    What online broker do you guys use/advise to use, mostly interested in the US markets?
    Not looking at day trading, more a research, buy and set stop losses & profit taking ranges.
    I'm not a total novice but out of the game for a bit, while concentrating on the crypto.
    I would be small time stuff initially.

I've seen Degiro with its obvious flaws mentioned.
    Is MyWallSt. something worth pursuing?

Any other suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
    Ger.

Hi Her I think a lot of your questions are already answered in the "beginning to invest" thread. For what it's worth I've started using Mywallst on a recommendation here for the last 10 days or so and would definitely recommend it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

Hmmmm sold some JD sports shares on Degiro yesterday and they are still in my portfolio. Sold them again this morning and my portfolio seems to be inflated with the shares still there. Only a small amount but probably no harm keeping an eye to make sure all transactions are going through correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭johnjohn3423

cc87 wrote: »
    Do people have a PT in mind for OCGN if phase 3 trials are positive and EUA is granted?

I've taken considerably more than my initial investment out of it now and very tempted to leave whats left in there for the long run. The potential for covaxin to work against variants seems to suggest it has potential to increase considerably more than the jumps we saw for Novavax/Moderna.

If it goes up to the mid teens again I might take some profit but I'm tempted to leave what I have left in till word on the approval comes back one way or the other. Up slightly pre market this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭The Phantom Jipper

Sharing an excel instruction video I found for those of us trying to get a handle on our portfolios. There's a lot of good functionality in there that may be of some use to some of ye.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7rUE6_fvYqY&t=37s

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭Cute Hoor

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Bit of an obscure one, and a real moonshot, KR1 PLC, market cap $60mn

They're a company involved in DeFi, which is essentially the next step of Bitcoin, building financial systems that are based on crypto rather than normal currencies. After last week's shenanegins with the Fed getting involved in Robinhood, I can see this getting more mainstream. The company is a small operations, out of Isle of Man, they essentially are consultants that help out setting up systems, but they get equity in the systems they setup so you're buying a stake in those. They also hold a lot of obscure crypto so as those prices rise, you get a chunk of those too. You can see a list of what they're invested in here
    https://www.kryptonite1.co/investments

This is a real longshot, one to stash in the portfolio and not to look at for a year or so. It only trades on some obscure exchanges, neither of which are on Degiro. In the UK, it's on the Aquis exchange under KR1, in Stuttgart it's on the Boirse exchange under K4H (you can buy this on Interactive Brokers). It was trading about 20c a share at Christmas, currently about 60c. I reckon it gets a run while this SEC investigation goes on, and if it goes for Nasdaq listing it would be a nice boost too.

I bought in about 2 weeks back at 50c

OK, it's 11 days since the above was posted, in that 11 days K4H has gone up 200% (and counting hopefully), pretty impressive, enough for a wee vacation (travel restrictions permitting of course) in Tahiti, I'm awaiting the next tip to purchase the villa.
    Thank you Mr/Mrs Shedite

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Atlas_IRL wrote: »

No need to pay, as someone mentioned Yahoo Finance is live, I actually find Stocktwits pretty good too. Best option really is to just open the live ticker on the exchange itself in a separate window and use that.

Keep that money for stocks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭Cute Hoor

The swings on NAKD are unbelievable

NAKD has been feeling the love a bit over the last few days (not sure why), closed at $1.52 yesterday and around the mid $1.80s in pre-market.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,944 ✭✭✭circadian

circadian wrote: »
    Castor Maritime up again today, broke the dollar mark quicker than I expected. Still looks very volatile but the trend is also still upwards on that.

So, I'm there looking at charts and figuring this is on a decent upwards trend from around $0.85.

It's a bloody meme stock :| alas, let's just ride the wave!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Cute Hoor wrote: »
    OK, it's 11 days since the above was posted, in that 11 days K4H has gone up 200% (and counting hopefully), pretty impressive, enough for a wee vacation (travel restrictions permitting of course) in Tahiti, I'm awaiting the next tip to purchase the villa.
    Thank you Mr/Mrs Shedite

Yeah it's Mr.Shedite - Mrs.Shedite is the one telling me to stop putting all my savings into stocks and leave it in a savings account :rolleyes:

As I mentioned above, this got added to the US market yesterday, so should have a nice little run ahead of it. This and ARB (a Rigolo company), which mines Bitcoin are two excellent Crypto plays, I imagine both would like to get to Nasdaq at some point in the next year which would drive it on further (ARB probably further along that route).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

DutchYurt wrote: »
    I've a nice cash reserve built up myself, any companies in particular you're keeping an eye to?

TBH i'll be looking at the same regular ones but at lesser buy points.

usually I ignore FAANG stocks, but Apple and MS Look very attractive, i'm also looking at Qualcom after it's recent fall.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭lfc200

Anyone any feelings on Novo Nordisk (NVO), news out late last night that their diabetes drug is showing to be effective in bringing about weight loss in obese patients.
    Showing a slight jump in pre-market but nothing major.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭Bigbooty

lfc200 wrote: »
    Anyone any feelings on Novo Nordisk (NVO), news out late last night that their diabetes drug is showing to be effective in bringing about weight loss in obese patients.
    Showing a slight jump in pre-market but nothing major.

We've know the effects of ozempic on weightloss for the last year or so but this was the first study published in the media.(I work in healthcare) I don't think it'll have any major effect unless it gets a product license for weight loss in obesity.

Saxenda, liraglutide which is from the same drug family is already approved in the US to assist weight loss so you can check and see if there's any correlation with share price increases around the time of approval.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭all the bais

Ceragon Networks CRNT - ARK have increased their stake 30% more.

Up 10% Pre

Gevo up 7.4% pre-market.

Has been pushing $15 for the last few days looks like it might break out today.

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭Pinsnbushings

Bought some Blackline (BL) a couple of weeks back. Accounting SaaS company, $8bn market cap so plenty of room to run. Up 6% pre market this morning ahead of earnings call today. One to watch.

+1 only bought 1 unfortunately I'm trying to learn the ropes

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

SNDL doing good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭DulchieLaois

cc87 wrote: »
    Gevo up 7.4% pre-market.

Has been pushing $15 for the last few days looks like it might break out today.

It has been a good week for GEVO, I saw this last mont at 5 dollars which someone tip, I think Carl naughton, anyway, bought in eventually and it’s looks like a promising long term stock.

Let’s may it continue.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭cal naughton

It has been a good week for GEVO, I saw this last mont at 5 dollars which someone tip, I think Carl naughton, anyway, bought in eventually and it’s looks like a promising long term stock.

Let’s may it continue.

I'm a champion for it in here but it think it was someone else who tipped it originally. Lovely steady growth with GEVO . I'm looking for other renewable/ green energy stocks as obviously with J Biden I believe the sector will continue to ramp up for the next few years.

Let’s may it continue.

Same as myself, got in around $5 and trimmed some profits last time it hit $14.

Will keep the rest long term now

• Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

DutchYurt wrote: »
    Alteryx down almost 17% - I've been DCA'ing into it over the last few months so a big enough hit, can see it dripping to 110 where it usually carries support. Long term (2022) can see it getting to 200$ a share, any one else in on it?

Yes I am, hope you are right about $200.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭JaimeLannister

Sharing an excel instruction video I found for those of us trying to get a handle on our portfolios. There's a lot of good functionality in there that may be of some use to some of ye.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7rUE6_fvYqY&t=37s

Just adding to this - there's a decent summary here:
    https://www.thespreadsheetguru.com/blog/add-real-time-stock-prices-and-metrics-to-excel

I use similar for tracking. Pop in how many shares in each stock you own, and your breakeven price and you can track how much you're +/-. And play around with setting up a few graphs if you're that way inclined. Think some of the prices are 15 mins delayed (possibly non-Nasdaq prices) but overall very handy

You can add live USD/EUR function as well, and previous close prices to work out daily +/-

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Kilough

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Yeah it's Mr.Shedite - Mrs.Shedite is the one telling me to stop putting all my savings into stocks and leave it in a savings account :rolleyes:

As I mentioned above, this got added to the US market yesterday, so should have a nice little run ahead of it. This and ARB (a Rigolo company), which mines Bitcoin are two excellent Crypto plays, I imagine both would like to get to Nasdaq at some point in the next year which would drive it on further (ARB probably further along that route).

What's the easiest way to invest in KR1? Looked at them last night and they seem impressive and set for strong growth going forward. I've mailed Degiro asking can they be added to their platform but no response on it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭bcklschaps

JeffKenna wrote: »
    Hmmmm sold some JD sports shares on Degiro yesterday and they are still in my portfolio. Sold them again this morning and my portfolio seems to be inflated with the shares still there. Only a small amount but probably no harm keeping an eye to make sure all transactions are going through correctly.

Noticed that if I sell stocks in Degiro. I have to log out and back in again....before it updates my Portfolio.

On a related note Degiro seems to be really struggling recently. They obviously took on far more new accounts than they are able to handle.

Around 2:30pm (US markets opening time) things really go Pete Tong!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,592 ✭✭✭Treppen

Renault 5 wrote: »
    Ive noticed this.

It seems when you buy on Degiro. at a market price, you are buying at a different price as to what the degiro prices say on the screen.

This week I've seen them 2 hours out of sync.
    Someone tipped me out earlier in the thread:
    Put your portfolio details into Yahoo finance and take your prices from there, they're as close to realtime as you can get, without paying.
    Marketwatch gives the premarket prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Tij da feen

Leslie91 wrote: »
    Yes I am, hope you are right about $200.

They definitely took a dip after their Q4 filings. They missed their own targets. They posted Net Income losses but looks like their ARR is up 32% YoY. As they've mentioned, they took a bit of an immediate revenue hit due to booking more 3 years contracts than they expected.

I wouldn't be overly surprised if one the big players acquired them at some point. Tableau (Salesforce) are certainly trying to push into their space with Prep (but it's not as feature complete yet as Alteryx is).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41 Covit

Sorry lads just checked in stock market , anyone know why Kerry shares dropped 10% around 12 today to recover slightly ?
    Didn’t think markets are down ?

Advertisement