Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2021 - Thread banned users post #1

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭Bigbooty

ADMP looks a good buy. Seems to be a wave of speculative investment in biotech companies.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

Bigbooty wrote: »
    ADMP looks a good buy. Seems to be a wave of speculative investment in biotech companies.

We would have to get the go ahead from our biotech expert Mrs Rigolo :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

IAG and TUI are my long term holdings - recovery play :) TUI have gone close to € 6 few times and recently as you noted they had rights issue...they got a bit of money from German govt too... for me they have huge potential.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭sirboby

I know many people here are invested in Lemonade already, but I really like the company Metromile.

Metromile is an american car insurance company where you pay per amount driven. They are currently expanding to the whole of the US and recently the former Uber Global Operations manager Ryan Graves joined the board of directors. He will almost certainly move to push the company global once they get established in the US.

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭hogandrew

Bigbooty wrote: »

ZSAN was one I bought into last week. Thought at 90cent it'd easily go over a dollar and I'd get a handy 10%+ but went crazy yesterday and seems to have good momentum. Wouldn't be shocked to see it hit $3 today.

ACST is another that I've some shares in, making nice gains at the moment, hopefully can go over a dollar during the week. I think their financials are due out Thursday and some talk of them announcing their future strategy so hopefully a lot of speculative money in before that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 JDWW

I would be very weary of TUI right now, future bookings mean nothing at the moment especially since more experts are warning against summer 2021 holidays. They've also been told they won't be receiving any more government money and once the furlough scheme ends in the UK it looks there could be mass redundancies.

As for IAG if Aer Lingus UK operation takes off in manchester I think they'll really put a squeeze on Virgin which they're unlikely to survive giving BA even more market share. A better prospect long term.

Just my 2c.

sirboby wrote: »
    I know many people here are invested in Lemonade already, but I really like the company Metromile.

Metromile is an american car insurance company where you pay per amount driven. They are currently expanding to the whole of the US and recently the former Uber Global Operations manager Ryan Graves joined the board of directors. He will almost certainly move to push the company global once they get established in the US.

You may also have an interest in Hippo which is believed to be merging into the following SPAC https://stocktwits.com/symbol/RTP

• Registered Users Posts: 1,943 ✭✭✭6541

td2008 wrote: »
    Yeah was trying to get KR1, looks promising, Interactive Brokers the only option?

Thanks for this - What platform could I purchase this on ?

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭the butcher

I would put this in the beginners thread but I see many new posters watching these threads so just a bit of a ramble. Just a few notes on panic selling. If you are feeling fear/panic when you see stocks you own go down over a couple of days, perhaps you should re-evaluate if this is money you can afford to lose. Investing this way might not be for you. If the stock was akin to the goldrush moment we saw recently involving GME/AMC/BB etc, then it's pure risk you are applying to yourself. That in of itself is a valuable lesson. It's easy to throw away fundamentals and DD when hype comes along but for anyone new after seeing the previous few weeks just remember this isn't normal and won't last forever.

Which is why we should merge the threads back together as I really don't see the point in separating all this information out.

The idea of FOMO is something you need to get out of your head as well. Emotions should not override your decision making. Remember that opportunities on stocks comes and goes, if something doesn't work out or you missed a stock this quarter, just start fresh research on up and coming stocks for the next quarter. There will be dips from time to time and market corrections, if the stocks you hold has strong foundations and you can wait out a few days/weeks/months (years if it's a big event), then hold and if possible average down your position over time and be confident in your medium/long term holds. The likes of Google/Amazon/Apple aren't going away any time soon. As time goes on, the closer we are to the next crash, watch out for increased frenzy activity on almost everything, start to take profit, hold cash and wait for the dips on the stocks that will bounce back. The bubble leading towards 2008 was easy to spot if people drilled down into it but many ignored it or couldn't see the pin that would burst it but it did come. Remember March 2020 only took 5 or so weeks for market to come down 40%. I'll be watching QE + stimulus in the US along with vaccine rollouts and how all that plays out for the next few quarters, I believe there is still fuel in this engine and we've gone into 5th gear at the moment, overdrive could well be on it's way which is when I'll start diverting away.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,048 ✭✭✭✭neris

Thoughts on TUI Ag? Recently issued a rights issue also reported bookings for the 2021 summer season down 44 per cent from the pre Covid-19 season in 2019, with 2.8m customers currently booked to travel. It plans to operate 80 per cent of summer 2019 capacity. Looks like an attractive price to get in at as a post covid recovery stock.

I think the whole travel area is all over the place at the moment. Some companies like the cruise lines and some airlines down massively over the year but other airlines and hotel chains back up pushing along.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,359 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

PERI ER was great, beat on revenue and EPS, however guidance at 10% growth next year seems totally out of whack. I'm expecting a pop and drop on open or just drop despite the premarket action this morning. if I could sell pre open I would do so right now (up 14.8% but that's a retail pump) and watch from the sidelines! Oh well, what will be will be.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Shedite27

6541 wrote: »
    Thanks for this - What platform could I purchase this on ?
    td2008 wrote: »
    Yeah was trying to get KR1, looks promising, Interactive Brokers the only option?

Yeah Interactive Brokers is all I could find it on. It's listed as KR1 on a secondary UK Stock Exchange which only seems to deal through big brokers - https://www.aquis.eu/aquis-stock-exchange/for-investors/brokers

Interactive Brokers allows you to buy it on a Stuttgart exchange (as K4H)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,944 ✭✭✭circadian

Currently looking at the trends for SPPI, AQUA and SURF with SURF having the best looking uptrend at the minute.

I think AQUA could still shift down a little further and SPPI is just holding on it's 200 day MA, I'd like to see the uptrend continue a little longer before moving on it.

I'll look deeper at SURF but I think that's my pick for today.

EDIT: I'm adding SONN to my list here as well, has bottomed out from a long drop. They have a presentation coming up in April relating to their cancer research so there's a possibility for a little bump up later. The trend looks like it's starting to pick up but I'll add it to the watchlist for the meantime.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 ADZAM

ADZAM wrote: »
    RTP (reinvent technology partners) is a SPAC managed by Reid Hoffman (co-founder LinkedIn), it's currently $12, still looking for a target, rumours have been that it will be in from the Greylock tech portfolio as Reid is a partner in that VC firm, companies include Aurora, discord, coinbase, but it's purely speculation. I'm nearly all in on this, I've 3,500 shares.

RTP now trading @ $14, RTP rumored to be merging with Hippo.com a trendy insurance company using AI technology. Not a cash burning obscure EV or a battery prototype with a business plan (DAMMIT ;)), it's a solid growing company disrupting an archaic industry so may not be euphoric gains (unless it does a Lemonade on it) but will still be a winner. Also see RTPZ, the same teams second SPAC, also available on degiro, no rumored targets yet, currently trading at $12.49, will pop once rumors start swirling.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

CRSR reports another excellent quarter and cue - early profit taking in the pre-market

CRSR reports another excellent quarter and cue - early profit taking in the pre-market

Thankfully the dip was bought up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Canonfan

Heat Biologics (HTBX) up 120% premarket, I did some reading last night and planned to open position today, I always miss the train. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭cc87

INAQ merger passed, currently +5% in pre-market

circadian wrote: »
    Sold 25 Ocugen shares I got for $3.25 at $13.25 for a tidy profit there. The RSI flew into oversold and I got butterflies watching it launch into the $13 range so I sold off.

Bought Castor Maritime at open for $0.85, up 30% already today although showing some volatility I do think it'll pass the dollar mark within a few days.

Also, got titan medical at about $2.40 over a week ago, hoping to get a full dollar per share on that, slowly moving up but it may take a few more days.

I'm keeping an eye on Harley-Davidson, took a big hit last week but looks to be moving back up again, will wait to see if there's any resistance on the way up. If it can break $36 and hold it then I'll consider it.

Castor Maritime up again today, broke the dollar mark quicker than I expected. Still looks very volatile but the trend is also still upwards on that.

Got ASRT at $1.30 a share today, off to a strong start so hopefully that continues. Everything else is ticking along nicely, didn't move on SURF yet as I feel there's a little downward movement I could pick up on today.

GoPro is the only one that I just don't want to look at but longer term I think I'll break even although at this point I don't even care if it hits the stop loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,842 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Just bought my first stock, Palantir. Should have done it a few days ago really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭crazy_kenny

hogandrew wrote: »
    ZSAN was one I bought into last week. Thought at 90cent it'd easily go over a dollar and I'd get a handy 10%+ but went crazy yesterday and seems to have good momentum. Wouldn't be shocked to see it hit $3 today.

Typical sold ZSAN at $1.20 to fund something else. Bought at $0.57 so doubled up.

Another one I’m looking is ACRX. One of their products Dsuvia is a alternative to opioid use for pain management.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,388 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Outlook Therapeutics (OTLK) up 22% today, earning being released on Friday

I’m told by someone a lot smarter than me it’s expected to continue to rise

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭bish76

I am betting on return of travel bug before end of this year. Invested in
    TUI
    Carnival
    Royal Dutch Shell

Green&Red wrote: »
    Outlook Therapeutics (OTLK) up 22% today, earning being released on Friday

I’m told by someone a lot smarter than me it’s expected to continue to rise

A lot of insider buys last week, huge increase in Volume from the 29th Jan onwards. Up from 570k on the 28th to 24.2m shares traded on the 29th. Rated as undersold around then too, and the last few days it has moved into oversold. Trends are strong upwards although that could collapse quite quickly too.

Thanks for the tip, I might take a punt on a small dip today to see if that comes through.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Underground

bish76 wrote: »
    TUI
    Carnival
    Royal Dutch Shell

Bought some Airbnb myself two weeks or so back on similar sentiment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭littlevillage

cc87 wrote: »
    INAQ merger passed, currently +5% in pre-market

What are peoples thoughts on INAQ/Metromile?

My BEP is $12.83...soo sitting on about 45% profit. Stick or twist?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭dashcamdanny

Motley Fool Premium service recommendation

Buy Fiverr International

CURRENT PRICE: FVRR $ 286.34 $ 6.84 (2.4%) Price as of February 9, 9:55 a.m. ET

Major tailwinds for the next decade
    — remote, contract work is a neverending worldwide opportunity
    Extreme capital efficiency
    — organic growth rates, debt-free liquid balance sheet, and high margins
    Authentic leadership
    — high inside ownership, strong performance-based culture, and a long-term mindset
    Competitive advantages
    — built for entrepreneurs, high rates of innovation, and pricing power
    Potential 10-year 10x-bagger
    — high growth rates, high returns on invested capital, young leadership, tons of demand, high customer ratings.

Buy Fiverr International

Authentic leadership
    — high inside ownership, strong performance-based culture, and a long-term mindset
    Competitive advantages
    — high growth rates, high returns on invested capital, young leadership, tons of demand, high customer ratings.

29th of January would have been a nice entry.

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Wingman2010

bish76 wrote: »
    TUI
    Carnival
    Royal Dutch Shell

I also have considered Royal Dutch. I think BP and Total could also be worth considering. I was reading earlier that both Oil Companies have won a lot of rights to build offshore wind farms in the UK & Wales. Enough to supply electricity to 9 million homes so both Companies are getting into the renewable space!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Buy Fiverr International

Authentic leadership
    Competitive advantages
    This and Roku were the two misses of the year for me. I liked both but was afraid of the runup they'd had. I remember at the time it was up from $20 to $100 in 4 months and thought it was gonna cool off. Good reminder that just because the line looks like it's at the top of the screen, doesn't mean it can't go higher, they just change the scale

Advertisement