Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2021 - Thread banned users post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

probably not everyone's gonna like it, but i'm hoping for atleast 10-15% pull back. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Kilboor

probably not everyone's gonna like it, but i'm hoping for atleast 10-15% pull back. :D

Alright cashman :D

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭DutchYurt

Alteryx down almost 17% - I've been DCA'ing into it over the last few months so a big enough hit, can see it dripping to 110 where it usually carries support. Long term (2022) can see it getting to 200$ a share, any one else in on it?

I've a nice cash reserve built up myself, any companies in particular you're keeping an eye to?

RIGOLO wrote: »
    How did you guys manage to fk things up , that we have ended up with 2 threads to track Share Picks for 2021 , and leading to the exclusion of WallStBets insight or Reddit info, one of the most disruptive forces in a generation that will aid the retail investors against the IIs institutional investors.

Its was such a simple elegant solution, one thread , one job to do, track picks for 2021 all with a view to helping retail investors (who are busy and not generally full-time traders) compete with trading houses that do this 24x7 , but ye managed to fk it up.

Let me guess someone got offended by the content of one thread and wanted another thread to fit their entitlement view of the world .

How fking ignorant to think that the greatest short squeeze in history (albeit cheated out of its real returns) and on a par with Soros run on the Bank Of England did not merit discussion in the original 'SHARE PICKS 2021' thread .

This is what your dealing with with this generation, when they dont understand something, missed the boat on it, made their own bad choices or generally too thick to appreciate whats actually going on at the multi-levels involved, they cry foul jump on some moral high ground and fk it up for everyone.

In the past I did consider creating a seperate thread for EVs, but thats already taken care of. But this is on a whole different scale.

Only in this snowflake infected world of investing you can have a thread tracking the markets for 2021 and not merit the input off 6 million retail investors trading , discussing and moving markets.. yes MOVING the fking market, all because they call each other apes and use clever memes !!!

I fking knew it, only a matter of time before investing became another cesspit of the 'woke'

edit : posting in both threads ,

A separate thread for the YOLO conversation is wokeness? Really?

The only thing worse than the woke brigade is those that see it everywhere, when it's nowhere to be seen. You're fighting your own shadow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Kilboor

Baozun killing it this year! Nice rise

• Registered Users Posts: 9,379 ✭✭✭Shedite27

DutchYurt wrote: »
    Alteryx down almost 17% - I've been DCA'ing into it over the last few months so a big enough hit, can see it dripping to 110 where it usually carries support. Long term (2022) can see it getting to 200$ a share, any one else in on it?
    I like the company and used to be invested, but found them incredibly frustrating with their results. Their last 3 quarterly results, they were down 28%, 20% and now 16% today the day after results. Theres a guy on Twitter I follow who said they are really bad at explaining their growth figures, so they grow back up again in the folliwing 3 months, only to repeat it again. Someday they'll get properly valued, and you're right, it could be about $200/share, but I lost patience with them

Cute Hoor wrote: »
    Great call on this (so far at least), up comfortably over 100% in a little over a week since you posted.

KR1 got added to the US Pink Sheets today, ticker KROEF
    https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/KROEF?p=KROEF

Getting it on the Americans radar should be a good thing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭Curious Geroge

johny33 wrote: »
    You might want to check Clever leaves if you haven't yet... They seem to produce at the lowest price and might become a big player soon.
    Looked at it yesterday but didn't act. Shot up 40% today, hope you made a killing johny33

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭manonboard

Treppen wrote: »
    Might be time to get out or reduce Holdings. Up 100% since last week. Only way is down.

Looks like you called that very well! Good job!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭treatyman

RIGOLO wrote: »
    How did you guys manage to fk things up , that we have ended up with 2 threads to track Share Picks for 2021 , and leading to the exclusion of WallStBets insight or Reddit info, one of the most disruptive forces in a generation that will aid the retail investors against the IIs institutional investors.

Its was such a simple elegant solution, one thread , one job to do, track picks for 2021 all with a view to helping retail investors (who are busy and not generally full-time traders) compete with trading houses that do this 24x7 , but ye managed to fk it up.

Let me guess someone got offended by the content of one thread and wanted another thread to fit their entitlement view of the world .

How fking ignorant to think that the greatest short squeeze in history (albeit cheated out of its real returns) and on a par with Soros run on the Bank Of England did not merit discussion in the original 'SHARE PICKS 2021' thread .

This is what your dealing with with this generation, when they dont understand something, missed the boat on it, made their own bad choices or generally too thick to appreciate whats actually going on at the multi-levels involved, they cry foul jump on some moral high ground and fk it up for everyone.

In the past I did consider creating a seperate thread for EVs, but thats already taken care of. But this is on a whole different scale.

Only in this snowflake infected world of investing you can have a thread tracking the markets for 2021 and not merit the input off 6 million retail investors trading , discussing and moving markets.. yes MOVING the fking market, all because they call each other apes and use clever memes !!!

I fking knew it, only a matter of time before investing became another cesspit of the 'woke'

edit : posting in both threads ,

The reason this thread was setup was because it was really annoying with all the GME talk going on. Some of us have no interest in getting involved, it wasn't because of your reasoning you mentioned either. I wasn't prepared to take a risk, if I wanted to do that I would just play roulette. The thread was full of updates on the price, it was like assh*les on FB saying 'oh my god its snowing' like we didn't have windows in our houses..

So at the time a lot of us were glad to not have GME talk clutter what the thread was meant to about.

If mods did their job there wouldn't be any issue as it was asked days ago numerous times fore the threads to be merged.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Got a few Tilray shares earlier in the week. Up 50% today , setting the stop loss on this one for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,581 ✭✭✭Treppen

manonboard wrote: »
    Looks like you called that very well! Good job!

Hope so.
    I'd hold on to Aphria though. No knowing what way it'll go with a merger. Because of arbitrage Tilray needs to stay high as possible, fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭massdebater

Anyone here got AESE? Another esports play, I bought a bunch at 1.58 a few weeks ago and it's at 2.54 now. Still only 100m market cap right now, tonnes of room to grow. Esports are more popular than regular sports nowadays. I will be holding these for a while

AESE up another 32% today. Doubled in the month I've owned it now. Still tiny market cap

Whoever mentioned Kingspan, I'm considering buying some soon. A 20% discount for a well run Irish company who suffered a temporary blip. If it drops further, I'll buy more

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

I don't post here that often but enjoy lurking and picking up the odd tip.

There was a few people posting about Aphria about 14-15 months ago and I looked into it and liked what I saw and bought in around $4. I see today that its trading up at $26 and I'm happy to hold on and see where the next year takes it if the Tilray merger goes through.

Search function tells me it might be evolving_doors or Bob Harris that were posting about it, so credit to them.

Umaro wrote: »
    I don't post here that often but enjoy lurking and picking up the odd tip.

There was a few people posting about Aphria about 14-15 months ago and I looked into it and liked what I saw and bought in around $4. I see today that its trading up at $26 and I'm happy to hold on and see where the next year takes it if the Tilray merger goes through.

Search function tells me it might be evolving_doors or Bob Harris that were posting about it, so credit to them.

Ya that was me evolving_doors in a previous incarnation. (Im a legit re-reg before anyone asks lol). Apologies way back I recommended it also when it was $17 but then it tanked, thanks to shenanigans with Citron shorting.

Something funny about Aphria / Tilray merger (presume that's still going ahead).

Basically the deal is/was... Upon merging, for every Aphria share, you'll get 0.84 of a Tilray.
    Now do the maths based on today's prices...
    Currently Aphria is $33 and Tilray has shot up to $63!!!

I presume the gap will close closer to merger.
    Lots of folk suggesting it's a no brainer to buy Aphria now and it'll convert to mega bucks later. It's not so straightforward though as Tilray could plummet when this whole pump n dump is over.

There is a better outline here https://www.fool.com/investing/2021/02/10/aphria-is-becoming-the-stock-markets-biggest-merge/

I was thinking that a lot more people would drive up the price of Aphria trying to chase after that sweet .84 conversion , but for some reason Tilray keeps bombing ahead. I know Tilray are being primed for US legalisation, but don't really see how they're valued at that much.

Maybe someone can help out with possible outcomes... Could there be a massive short coming for Tilray to completely collapse the green market! I haven't been watching the shorts.

Could anyone suggest a good site that you can compile the your stocks and watch the short positions over time?

It's just a bit fishy this time compared to the previous pre-legalisation rollercoaster in Canada.
    A whiff of "Reddit" about it :pac:

TL:Dr I'm long on Aphria but just bought in again for a very quick short-term punt.

Got a few Tilray shares earlier in the week. Up 50% today , setting the stop loss on this one for sure.

Out of interest, what prompted you to go for Tilray as opposed to Aphria?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,342 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Logged out yesterday afternoon about 3% down and decided to watch some crap on the TV instead, logged into Degiro this morning, ended up 2.96%, result!
    If there's two things I've learned from last March they are: don't panic and have faith in your picks!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭manonboard

treatyman wrote: »
    The reason this thread was setup was because it was really annoying with all the GME talk going on. Some of us have no interest in getting involved, it wasn't because of your reasoning you mentioned either. I wasn't prepared to take a risk, if I wanted to do that I would just play roulette. The thread was full of updates on the price, it was like assh*les on FB saying 'oh my god its snowing' like we didn't have windows in our houses..

So at the time a lot of us were glad to not have GME talk clutter what the thread was meant to about.

If mods did their job there wouldn't be any issue as it was asked days ago numerous times fore the threads to be merged.

+1

I don't think anyone tried to stop discussion of all the short squeezing, historic events, or merits of the profit available there. There was simply a desire of some people, myself included, to have a discussion that didnt involve that sequence of events. So a separate discussion was started so both conversations could happen without interruption. If a person wants to only view one thread, they could, if they wanted to view both they could.
    I had no interest in participating in the GME reddit stuff, so it was nice to see other discussion available here.

Supercell wrote: »
    Logged out yesterday afternoon about 3% down and decided to watch some crap on the TV instead, logged into Degiro this morning, ended up 2.96%, result!
    If there's two things I've learned from last March they are: don't panic and have faith in your picks!

One thing I've learned is to take your prices from yahoo finance as Degiro seem to update their prices by carrier pigeon.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭Renault 5

Treppen wrote: »
    One thing I've learned is to take your prices from yahoo finance as Degiro seem to update their prices by carrier pigeon.

Ive noticed this.

It seems when you buy on Degiro. at a market price, you are buying at a different price as to what the degiro prices say on the screen.

Yeah there were 5 pages of GME, AMC chat, and someone would post a proper recommendation in the middle and it was getting lost

Renault 5 wrote: »
    Ive noticed this.

It seems when you buy on Degiro. at a market price, you are buying at a different price as to what the degiro prices say on the screen.

Limit orders are your friend!

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Gamma1

Kilough wrote: »
    Bought into Clever Leaves off the back of a tip on here a week or so ago, thanks to whoever posted!

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/clever-leaves-nutraceutical-manufacturer-herbal-140300201.html

Up 25% today

I got Sundial.. its heading for the sun. Anybody else in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

Gamma1 wrote: »
    I got Sundial.. its heading for the sun. Anybody else in.

Sold too early at 2.50 yesterday from .68, the volume is insane, swung into itrm hopefully till $5.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

Noticed something recently where my limits were not being hit even if I put them higher than the price i'd have to do it like 5 times. This has happened on the last couple of trades. could just be me though! Also the yahoo finance price was a good bit different at the time then ****ty degiro.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭the butcher

circadian wrote: »
    Yeah pshychadelic research has been ramping up recently and has been the next hot stocks for a while. I've gotten in on the Cannabis train early and today it's smashing it through the roof. I'd say the psychadelics market will start to grow soon.

Yeah looks like I got out of SNDL too early but was happy with the jump from .65 to over 1.

On the back of the shroomstonks I jumped on BGHM, SEEL, 4YX, 0NFA, 31R. Don't expect these to move much for the foreseeable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Underground

Bought some Blackline (BL) a couple of weeks back. Accounting SaaS company, $8bn market cap so plenty of room to run. Up 6% pre market this morning ahead of earnings call today. One to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭gocall01

Good Morning,

I'm based in Ireland, I've been following this thread on and off for some time now.
    What online broker do you guys use/advise to use, mostly interested in the US markets?
    Not looking at day trading, more a research, buy and set stop losses & profit taking ranges.
    I'm not a total novice but out of the game for a bit, while concentrating on the crypto.
    I would be small time stuff initially.

I've seen Degiro with its obvious flaws mentioned.
    Is MyWallSt. something worth pursuing?

Any other suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
    Ger.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Atlas_IRL wrote: »
    Noticed something recently where my limits were not being hit even if I put them higher than the price i'd have to do it like 5 times. This has happened on the last couple of trades. could just be me though! Also the yahoo finance price was a good bit different at the time then ****ty degiro.

Some of the exchanges like NYSE are 15 minutes behind so it could be that?

Advertisement