Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2021 - Thread banned users post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,591 ✭✭✭Treppen

RIGOLO wrote: »
    ...snipped... General rant.. anger management course worked great obviously ,

Well would you look who the cat dragged in. :pac:
    How's the Luckin Coffee position going?

• Site Banned Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭RIGOLO

Kilboor wrote: »
    Chill out man, this isn't some sort of beating Wall Street forum. We're a bunch of nobodies.

You're getting upset over two different threads :confused: They can be merged easily.

Theres an old military saying .
    "THE STANDARD YOU IGNORE, IS THE STANDARD YOU ACCEPT "
    you would be surprised the positive impact this small motto can have on your life.

So when 'nobodies' tell me what I can and cant discuss .... I choose NOT to ignore that line, particularily if I feel that the factors being excluded from the discussion are relevant. I do this because I value freedom over all else.

If you choose to accept the standard whereby you accept 'nobodies' telling you what you can and can't discuss , then thats your right , as equally I have the right to choose to nip it in the bud in whatever means I see fit.

Beware the thin edge of the wedge, look around its easy to see the damage it has done.

Anyways back to stocks .
    Im building some protection against a downturn, so for that reason Im investing in 'Pxyz , Cxyz and Vxyz' ... sorry I cant post the full names as I believe they may have been mentioned in a reddit post in the last 3 months and therefore dont pass the new standards some are so qucik to sign up for..

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭pp_me

Anyways back to stocks .
    Im building some protection against a downturn, so for that reason Im investing in 'Pxyz , Cxyz and Vxyz' ... sorry I cant post the full names as I believe they may have been mentioned in a reddit post in the last 3 months and therefore dont pass the new standards some are so qucik to sign up for..

Just checked the thread where reddit picks are allowed, didn't see these mentioned there, any chance of an update? :D:rolleyes::p

Treppen wrote: »
    Well would you look who the cat dragged in. :pac:
    How's the Luckin Coffee position going?

bought some under $3 bought some under $7 and sold over $11 .. thanks for asking .
    Send me your phone number, I will put you on the speed dial along with my brokerage. It seems I have to alert you now of all my trades and when i enter and exit a position.
    You should spend more time tracking your own portfolio than strangers on the net.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭littlevillage

Having said all that, Im not sure on a personal level I can endorse you investing in a company that 'bans' people they dont like :D .

Welcome back RIGOLO. I see the Mods couldn't break you down ??

• Advertisement

Anyways back to stocks .
    Im building some protection against a downturn, so for that reason Im investing in 'Pxyz , Cxyz and Vxyz' ... ..

Is that on Degiro. I can't find them.

Anyhow the merits and demerits of a separate thread. I'm glad it was split, while all the noise of it was going people on here are busy making other money with good tips.

agoodpunt wrote: »
    Have added Boohoo to my watch list they seem to be in the market to buy covid hit or distressed fashion names anyone have this?
    they have a high p/e double the market but also high projected growth

Boohoo, I also got in but took my required 15% and exited, regret that now but needed the cash for other things. Think I'll get back in again, solely based on the brand's they acquired.

If this covid thing ever goes away then I think those vacant stores will open up again to some degree. I know Boohoo bought the name only (not the stores etc) but I presume they'd get the supply chain for all the material up and running just as quick, and it'll be an even leaner online offering to boot.

bought some under $3 bought some under $7 and sold over $11 .. thanks for asking .
    Send me your phone number, I will put you on the speed dial along with my brokerage. It seems I have to alert you now of all my trades and when i enter and exit a position.
    You should spend more time tracking your own portfolio than strangers on the net.

Naa I was just kidding Rigolo good to see you back (I took your tip on luckin and got in and out), honestly I have done reasonably well from the tips on here (yours included), not made a fortune in real money... but % wise.

Ya shur we're just strangers but I prefer this forum than other major ones where every second post is a pump. I play my own game with other picks I know few people have an interest in in this thread, so my portfolio tracking is good enough for me for the moment.

Mods seem MIA, I reported posts (to get mod attention) asking that the two threads be merged again and no response.

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭cefh17

Mods seem MIA, I reported posts (to get mod attention) asking that the two threads be merged again and no response.

I say we make RIGOLO mod

pp_me wrote: »
    Just checked the thread where reddit picks are allowed, didn't see these mentioned there, any chance of an update? :D:rolleyes::p

nah fk it, let it some mod tell you what to invest in.

Those self-righteous dicks and those who support their totalitarian ways by their own inaction ,are always telling people what to do , and how to think and what to say. Always riding the coat tails of the people who do the 'heavy lifting' and then when all the work is done , they ride in and destroy the creator whilst reaping the benefits of the efforts.

Let them do the due diligence and tell you where to invest your hard earned cash...

2021 .. Im pulling a Ben Hockett ..
    Ive got fk you money accumulated.
    But the mistake people make when they have 'fk you' money is they give the 2 fingers to the wrong people. They end up giving a 'fk you' to their own community, they buy into a world where their money and material possesions are meaningless , have alienated them from their true self and they end up caught in a trap just a more expensive trap.
    The secret with 'fk you' money is to be able to say 'fk you' to the system, the media , and most importantly 'fk you' to the MODs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭ddarcy

Might not be the in thing, but oil stocks are flying as of late. XOM is break even at 45 a barrel and can keep its dividend at that level. With the economy recovering oil is going higher. It’s high 50s now. I can see it going back up to the 70s/ 80s again as a bit of a longer term play. BP is another one as well where you could see 25-30% gains in a year.

FFS ....the other thread says no reddit stocks. My profit from GME was one of my big ones so far. Everything should be allowed in the pot. It's your own individual choice what you decide to invest in. If a share has the opportunity to make money, let it be discussed .

I think other good tips were getting lost in the chaff. The discussion element for the gme stocks etc. had kind of taken over so it merited a separate thread.

A separate thread was called for to allow for longer discussion on the specific few stocks and general market discussion. Separate thread was not forthcoming so a member had started their own.

As you can see, a thread merge has been asked for but ....

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Stormington

ddarcy wrote: »
    Might not be the in thing, but oil stocks are flying as of late. XOM is break even at 45 a barrel and can keep its dividend at that level. With the economy recovering oil is going higher. It’s high 50s now. I can see it going back up to the 70s/ 80s again as a bit of a longer term play. BP is another one as well where you could see 25-30% gains in a year.

Energy (wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle)

Anything energy is looking good: LNG, Oil, Solar, Hydrogen, Nuclear.
    If/when there is a better handle on covid (2022 I suspect) the demand will skyrocket. ENEL pay a near 4% dividend and are one of the largest energy companies in the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 broccoli123

I went with $VTGN - VistaGen Therapeutics. They are a biopharmaceutical company developing a generation of novel medicines for anxiety, depression, primarily through nasal sprays One of their products in the pipeline is called PH94B(neuroactive nasal spray) that is in phase 3 awaiting results very soon(Q2 2021). It treats social anxiety disorder. With everything that's been going on in the last year we see lots of people suffering from depression and anxiety. When PH94B passes FDA Phase 3 development the price will go up significantly. I am in long at $1.97

• Registered Users Posts: 9,389 ✭✭✭Shedite27

I bought Twitter at an average price of $34.8. You got to follow your own gut feeling. Its by far the biggest chunk of my portfolio.
    I was trying to buy some mid Jan and it was $55. I thought I missed the boat and just waited. Got some then at circa 45.
    Twitters fundamentals are very sound. Great current ratio and debt to equiry ratio. Also constant increasing revenues.

I like the potential of Twitter but as many say, they have ever managed to go through with their plans. The ads on Twitter are awful. If I go to Facebook, there's proper companies with banner as. If I go on Twitter it's some lads who's promoting a post about Covid conspiracies.

Also, they're talking about a subscription model for years, need to execute it. Heard somewhere over the weekend that if 15% of their users paid a subscription charge it'd double the revenue they get in Ads. So many people use it for their news now, every celebrity, company, sports team etc would have to pay for their subscriptions.

At the moment they're just about broke even from their IPO price 2 years ago

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Stormington

Shedite27 wrote: »
    I like the potential of Twitter but as many say, they have ever managed to go through with their plans. The ads on Twitter are awful. If I go to Facebook, there's proper companies with banner as. If I go on Twitter it's some lads who's promoting a post about Covid conspiracies.

Also, they're talking about a subscription model for years, need to execute it. Heard somewhere over the weekend that if 15% of their users paid a subscription charge it'd double the revenue they get in Ads. So many people use it for their news now, every celebrity, company, sports team etc would have to pay for their subscriptions.

Can't wait for Twitter to jump on the BTC train and spike their price.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

nah fk it, let it some mod tell you what to invest in.

Those self-righteous dicks and those who support their totalitarian ways by their own inaction ,are always telling people what to do , and how to think and what to say. Always riding the coat tails of the people who do the 'heavy lifting' and then when all the work is done , they ride in and destroy the creator whilst reaping the benefits of the efforts.

Let them do the due diligence and tell you where to invest your hard earned cash...

2021 .. Im pulling a Ben Hockett ..
    Ive got fk you money accumulated.
    But the mistake people make when they have 'fk you' money is they give the 2 fingers to the wrong people. They end up giving a 'fk you' to their own community, they buy into a world where their money and material possesions are meaningless , have alienated them from their true self and they end up caught in a trap just a more expensive trap.
    The secret with 'fk you' money is to be able to say 'fk you' to the system, the media , and most importantly 'fk you' to the MODs.

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭ddarcy

Anything energy is looking good: LNG, Oil, Solar, Hydrogen, Nuclear.
    If/when there is a better handle on covid (2022 I suspect) the demand will skyrocket. ENEL pay a near 4% dividend and are one of the largest energy companies in the world.

I saw XOM collapse last year into the 30s and bought a 1000 shares. Getting a dividend of 3.48 a year as well isn’t bad either. Obviously if COVID gets out of control again, then down she goes.

Late now, but a good website to look at is:
    [url] https://efdsearch.senate.gov/search/[/url]

A few senators bought a load of plug power. I got in at 25 and flew up a month later to the high 60s.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

May be we all stop posting in this thread and go back to original 2021 thread....:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Kilboor

This is some insane **** imo but I'm now down for where this is going.

Rigolo vs the mods 2021.

Can we get a book of the rants published? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭DulchieLaois

FReeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeddddddddeooooooooommmmmmmm !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭Curious Geroge

Asked Degiro to add GHVI - Gores Holdings VI which is an SPAC bringing MatterPort. Its not there yet but hopeful before today's start.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,738 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

Shedite27 wrote: »

I agree. That's why it is so cheap, relative to other similar stocks. It needs to be tidied up big time. Still, I think the intrinsic value in it, has yet to be exploited. Its a household name worldwide. Wouldn't be surprised if it is bought out, some time soon.

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

• Registered Users Posts: 15,359 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Asked Degiro to add GHVI - Gores Holdings VI which is an SPAC bringing MatterPort. Its not there yet but hopeful before today's start.

Do they listen to requests?, would absolutely love to have SMT on there, did you just email support?

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭pitrn

ddarcy wrote: »
    Someone here had suggested KOS, got in there is Dec ..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭positron

I read up about Chamath guy and decided to place a buy order for appox $500 each on OpenDoor and CLOV.

OpenDoor model sounds sus, I mean buying houses online based on a video tour and flipping quickly - I mean, buyers stlll need mortgage etc don't they, hardly buying used cars with cash in hand? And CLOV getting grief from short sellers, sounds like vultures doing vulture things.. so I felt bad for my man and decided to side with him. Someone please talk me out of this!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭Curious Geroge

Supercell wrote: »
    Do they listen to requests?, would absolutely love to have SMT on there, did you just email support?

Yea, just emailed the client support and they got back within a few hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭pp_me

FReeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeddddddddeooooooooommmmmmmm !

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

£ARG - Argo Blockchain PLC

Mine Bitcoin, keep 50% of what they mine so essentially a bet on Bitcoin.
    Not yet on Nasdaq as they’re below $2 but RIOT and MARA trade for 4X, mine less and sell a bigger %

Risky stock but long term big upside

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭voodoo

I for one am liking this returned, angry Rigolo and his fk u to the world attitude!

Good to have you back and I think a few people - me included should thank you for some of your 2020 tips! Some have certainly paid off nicely.

Advertisement