Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2021 - Thread banned users post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,738 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

OCGN just keeps posting higher lows and higher highs,

The Nasdaq halted it today due to volatility.

All US stocks powered ahead today. Mad stuff.

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

• Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭franglan

Where are my GAN fan boys - up 8% today as I type! I remember a time we were at 14 dollars. Sitting over 30 dollars now

• Registered Users Posts: 4,856 ✭✭✭endainoz

I got a bit of J&J shares since they are looking for approval in America, assuming it'll get approval it'll be in line for a big order in Europe after the Astrazeneca debacle. Single dose, at normal temperature storage, could really be a game changer in the whole thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,680 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Got into $ZOM at around $0.91, and its $2.40 today! Delighted. New enough to trading so only got 90 shares but an extra 114 euro is more then i started with :)

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭Pinsnbushings

franglan wrote: »
    Where are my GAN fan boys - up 8% today as I type! I remember a time we were at 14 dollars. Sitting over 30 dollars now
    Bep of about 23.50, bag holder all the way down..I should have averaged down I suppose but didn't because I'd blown over 50% of my capital last March and April. In a spread betting account.. those 2 things have meant I'm probably one of the few down significantly in the last year..has gan much more to run do you think

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭LC134

OCGN just keeps posting higher lows and higher highs,

When there is a pullback and negative day it will hurt my eyes to look at my account after such glorious gains.

But until then, I will continue to roar RIGGOOOLLLLOOOOOO every time I open my iPhone stocks app and see OCGN and GEVO together.

Take a bow sir.

*shakes fist at mods who denied us opportunities and tips during the ban.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭franglan

Bep of about 23.50, bag holder all the way down..I should have averaged down I suppose but didn't because I'd blown over 50% of my capital last March and April. In a spread betting account.. those 2 things have meant I'm probably one of the few down significantly in the last year..has gan much more to run do you think

I'm about a dollar below that BEP - expansion potential of gambling software in the states with the legalisation of the industry in my opinion is sizeable. The likes of draftkings sponsoring a lot of the sports broadcasts and podcasts more and more and betting becoming more standard - loads of untapped untappable potential up till now.

Now that the GME rollercoaster has pretty much died down, wondering if its possible for some mod to merge the Share Pick 2021 threads - some great info in both and dont see the sense in having the split now?
    I agree, report a post and say that so a mod/cmod will see it

• Registered Users Posts: 14,156 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

RE: GAN, my BEP is $16.90 so im laughing.

Sold a few last week at $25 to lock in some profit, will let the rest ride it out now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭outonawing

retalivity wrote: »
    RE: GAN, my BEP is $16.90 so im laughing.

Sold a few last week at $25 to lock in some profit, will let the rest ride it out now.

In at $16.97, holding tight 🤞

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭Pinsnbushings

outonawing wrote: »
    In at $16.97, holding tight 🀞

Nice, took some profits there now and will let the rest ride..

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭rudders

49% up on SEA limited contemplating selling up with such high returns. Anyone here have positions in SEA? If so, are you holding or selling?

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭pajosjunkbox

I agree, report a post and say that so a mod/cmod will see it

Agreed. It's annoying having to check both .....especially when there's money to be made !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,763 ✭✭✭crushproof

franglan wrote: »

BEP of $24.30 so glad to finally moving upwards after months of nothing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭LawBoy2018

Is GPRO a waste of time? Bought 30 shares today ftb. Also, has anyone ever looked into ABEV? It seems to be undervalued atm but the Brazilian economy is in a shambles tbf. Regardless, I bought 500 shares...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

@Rigolo great to have you back

GEVO up another 12% today and PSTH up 6.5%

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭jake frost

Im relatively new to this so definitely not an expert but i bought some shares in Global Battery Metals REFFZ last week at 60 cents.. Just noticed they are gone up by over 100% to 1.64 today.. This is not advice just FYI if anybody wants to explore further.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭LawBoy2018

jake frost wrote: »
    Im relatively new to this so definitely not an expert but i bought some shares in Global Battery Metals REFFZ last week at 60 cents.. Just noticed they are gone up by over 100% to 1.64 today.. This is not advice just FYI if anybody wants to explore further.

Very noice, congrats sir!

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭richie123

jake frost wrote: »

On what platform did you purchase?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭jake frost

Trading 212 is what i use.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Jacobs_Stripe

Anyone here any good with Interactive Broker? I am in Ireland and it appears the only platforms which allow Irish people to trade HCMC is Trading 212, Degiro & IB.

Trading 212 - Isn't opening new accounts at present. I have joined the waiting list.
    Degiro - I have provided all my docs but have been told it will be about 10days to open the a/c. Its been about that but there seems to be a backlog.
    IB - My a/c is set up and I have funded it with 200 EUR.

When I went to trade on HCMC I was first told that I wasn't eligible and that I would need to set up a Margin a/c. I did this. Then I was told I needed to change my experience on trading to match the requirements for the Margin a/c and to select 'US Penny Stocks'. I did this also.
    Now I am been told that I am unable to place the trade as the amount is less than 2000 EUR.

Has anyone else come across this when trading Penny Stocks on IB and do you know how I can overcome it? On another Forum someone told me to transfer my EUR to USD and leave 5EUR in my account and trade then in USD and it should work. But I don't want to go through the hassle of converting the money over if I still can't trade it. At this stage I am fed up and just thinking of pulling my money out, but on the other side I really want to trade on HCMC.

• Moderators Posts: 12,371 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

I really want to trade on HCMC.

By the time you're set up, that memestock opportunity will have past.

Might need to add HCMC to this thread title. :Rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭al87987

rudders wrote: »
    49% up on SEA limited contemplating selling up with such high returns. Anyone here have positions in SEA? If so, are you holding or selling?

I'm up similar and never look to sell or trim it. Solid management, growth and forecast means its a long term hold for me.

Don't sell your winners. Trim it if you want some money but it's a great stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭massdebater

Same as others, unreal day today after a big week last week. Portfolio jumped about 4 month's wages today :eek:

Anyone here got AESE? Another esports play, I bought a bunch at 1.58 a few weeks ago and it's at 2.54 now. Still only 100m market cap right now, tonnes of room to grow. Esports are more popular than regular sports nowadays. I will be holding these for a while

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭Cute Hoor

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Bit of an obscure one, and a real moonshot, KR1 PLC, market cap $60mn

They're a company involved in DeFi, which is essentially the next step of Bitcoin, building financial systems that are based on crypto rather than normal currencies. After last week's shenanegins with the Fed getting involved in Robinhood, I can see this getting more mainstream. The company is a small operations, out of Isle of Man, they essentially are consultants that help out setting up systems, but they get equity in the systems they setup so you're buying a stake in those. They also hold a lot of obscure crypto so as those prices rise, you get a chunk of those too. You can see a list of what they're invested in here
    https://www.kryptonite1.co/investments

This is a real longshot, one to stash in the portfolio and not to look at for a year or so. It only trades on some obscure exchanges, neither of which are on Degiro. In the UK, it's on the Aquis exchange under KR1, in Stuttgart it's on the Boirse exchange under K4H (you can buy this on Interactive Brokers). It was trading about 20c a share at Christmas, currently about 60c. I reckon it gets a run while this SEC investigation goes on, and if it goes for Nasdaq listing it would be a nice boost too.

I bought in about 2 weeks back at 50c

Great call on this (so far at least), up comfortably over 100% in a little over a week since you posted.

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭td2008

Yeah was trying to get KR1, looks promising, Interactive Brokers the only option?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭Take Your Pants Off

Thoughts on TUI Ag? Recently issued a rights issue also reported bookings for the 2021 summer season down 44 per cent from the pre Covid-19 season in 2019, with 2.8m customers currently booked to travel. It plans to operate 80 per cent of summer 2019 capacity. Looks like an attractive price to get in at as a post covid recovery stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,389 ✭✭✭Shedite27

rudders wrote: »

I wouldn't be selling SEA, it's the perfect stock for 2021 - Ecommerce + Online Gaming + Electronic Payments. Plus it's an Asian company so you're diversifying your portfolio by not being completely at the mercy of the Yanks (as much of my Portfolio is).

I bought it last year at $60, and 5 more times after that.

Add to the winners.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭outonawing

Picked up a few shares in a Spac yesterday, it's Omnichannel Acquisition Corp $OCA at $10.66.

First Spac venture for Gary Vaynerchuk. Might never go to the moon, but could have a decent pop on merger announcement.

Advertisement