Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2021 - Thread banned users post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭cc87

What are peoples thoughts on INAQ/Metromile?

My BEP is $12.83...soo sitting on about 45% profit. Stick or twist?

Think it still has a lot to grow as a company.
    Only operating in 8 states currently, planning to expand into other states rapidly.

Everything about it suggests it can continue to increase I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭dashcamdanny

cronos wrote: »
    29th of January would have been a nice entry.

looking at the day chart, it may dip to that price again.

Im going to wait myself

• Registered Users Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

Anyone looking at Qualtrics - XM, recently IPO'ed it ran up very quickly to $57 and now down nearly 20% from recent highs. reckon 42-43 would be a good entry point.

SAP still owns a chunk of it

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,978 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

What are peoples thoughts on INAQ/Metromile?

My BEP is $12.83...soo sitting on about 45% profit. Stick or twist?

By BEP on this is 13.5 so not a million miles away. I'll be holding on for a while. They are only operating in a limited number of states so even allowing for growth in USA alone that price still has room to rise.

Plenty of wise investors involved too, the likes of Cuban, Chamath and Ryan Graves.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭cc87

Is there anyone with a position in $LOTZ?

Looks a good price currently but no idea why it's so low.
    Everything about the company seems to suggest potential in the long run.

Planned expansion, profitable with low costs, growing market share, roughly 25% institutional

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭littlevillage

By BEP on this is 13.5 so not a million miles away. I'll be holding on for a while. They are only operating in a limited number of states so even allowing for growth in USA alone that price still has room to rise.

Plenty of wise investors involved too, the likes of Cuban, Chamath and Ryan Graves.

Yeah, pretty much my thinking too. Gonna stick with it and let it convert to Metro mile shares. Hopefully it will do a Lemonade and be $100 a share by summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,944 ✭✭✭circadian

cc87 wrote: »
    Is there anyone with a position in $LOTZ?

Looks a good price currently but no idea why it's so low.
    Everything about the company seems to suggest potential in the long run.

Planned expansion, profitable with low costs, growing market share, roughly 25% institutional

Had a look last week, doing well today but still well below the 200 day MA and quite a sharp downtrend since January 25th. I've been keeping an eye on it to see if there's any upward movement. Currently oversold too but I get the feeling this dip hasn't hit the bottom yet.

I haven't done any DD on the company itself but I'd imagine Covid has had an impact on business.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,591 ✭✭✭Treppen

Cannabis sector is on a bull run again.

2 small tips would be Organigram and Medipharm. Probably only 1 or two days left in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Stormington

RIGOLO wrote: »
    plural.. Ive fallen foul of most of them.

well done Dan.. that was a brave and smart move.
    I was tipping them 7 months ago back in the $40 range . My first entry was in the $14. They still have room to run, this may be a stock you pass onto the next generation.

Seeing as how I sent a few down the OCGN rabbit hole I feel responsible to post an update .
    Mrs Rigolo hopes all you apes :D (my word not hers) (now this isnt a derogatory term, anyone who knows their Wallstreetbets knows this is a term of endearment and respect) all the best with the OCGN windfall. She sends her love, god bless her heart of gold.
    OCGN seems to be legit now, they closed an offering of 3 million shares at $7.85 with institutions, so that should be a floor.
    200+% in a day on compounded gains.. I hope a few got on it .
    I read their Phase 1 and 2 reports over the weekend and results in India of the Phase 3 trial is due by end of Feb with the expectation for very good results based on Phase 1 and 2.
    But this is still pharma and vaccine and timing and competitors and FDA and main stream news pumping their buddies so its a dirty game (GME reminds you of that) Having been on NVAX and seeing that play out for 12 months Ive seen all the moves.
    I was also early on INO and that hasnt gone to the moon as NVAX did, but it did have spikes similar to OCGN but has retraced alot of its gains. Theres no guarantees with bio-pharma.
    So take some profit , keep doing research and be prepared for a ride.

Good to have you back. Give thanks to wifey.

Q for you if you don't mind?

There was an LUDP volatility halt yesterday on OCGN which is either a very good or very bad sign.

With the big boys getting in with the newer share issue, Belgium and the UK orders and potentially good news from trials, it appears to improve the odds of being the dark horse winner of the vaccine race (assuming it does not become an annual cycle)?

Do you think there will be a glass ceiling on OCGN due to it be a non-American vaccine?

Thanks

I understand there's no dearth of SPAC's merging with EV makers, Green tech etc...

DCRB has announced merger with Hyzon (Hydrogen technology) and it's backers include Blackrock, Fidelity etc and unlike Nikola parent company has been in business for 20 years...It's trading at 16.50 currently but if it drops closer to 13-14 levels, I would say it's a good opportunity.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Ive spent the past 10 years working with Teradata, thought about them last week "Huh, steady company, used in a lot of big organisations, maybe i'll buy shares in them". Saw the price had flatlined for a year and added it to the favourites, will look at it again later.

Just noticed its up 110% since I looked at it last week.
    FFS

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

cronos wrote: »
    29th of January would have been a nice entry.

27th was even better :p. Shame I only got 25 of them though ha, but thats breaking my rule of average into a stock. And that was just after some one of the idiot US banks put a sell rating on it, typical tactic for them to get cheap shares though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

Not sure who tipped them but GEVO, Nano Dimension and Perion all way up from when I bought them last month. Thank you! CCIV also up nicely but not as much, very promising though on the merger front.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭homewardbound11

Looking at Canadian company for covid treatment using herbal cannabis . FSD gone up 25 percent and another 10 in after hours . Must be some progress on the stage 2 clinical trials .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,591 ✭✭✭Treppen

Looking at Canadian company for covid treatment using herbal cannabis . FSD gone up 25 percent and another 10 in after hours . Must be some progress on the stage 2 clinical trials .

Same here with Medipharm. Stage 2 is a long way off any money though.

I finally broke even in InMed so dumped it in the hope it'll fall again and u can get in for cheap, real long play though with stage trials.

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭agoodpunt

Have added Boohoo to my watch list they seem to be in the market to buy covid hit or distressed fashion names anyone have this?
    they have a high p/e double the market but also high projected growth

Have airbnb on my short list as an covid exit investment have to dump my fedx first.

Got Paypal last year it did 90% think its going to blow past $300 soon will probably better that this year going by last weeks results

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

retalivity wrote: »
    Ive spent the past 10 years working with Teradata, thought about them last week "Huh, steady company, used in a lot of big organisations, maybe i'll buy shares in them". Saw the price had flatlined for a year and added it to the favourites, will look at it again later.

Just noticed its up 110% since I looked at it last week.
    FFS

Nice. I've had JFrog for 4 months and it's circled between 60 and 70 with my BEP of 67. I hope I have anywhere near the luck you have had here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

agoodpunt wrote: »
    Have added Boohoo to my watch list they seem to be in the market to buy covid hit or distressed fashion names anyone have this?
    they have a high p/e double the market but also high projected growth

Have airbnb on my short list as an covid exit investment have to dump my fedx first.

Got Paypal last year it did 90% think its going to blow past $300 soon will probably better that this year going by last weeks results

I'm fortunate to have got into Boohoo on good timing so up 60 percent and holding. While they have some occasional bad news stories I think the business is maturing. I think some of the brands they purchased should be good, they have got them on the cheap, although personally hadn't heard of some of them so not sure how valuable and definitely only useful brands in the UK.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭RIGOLO

How did you guys manage to fk things up , that we have ended up with 2 threads to track Share Picks for 2021 , and leading to the exclusion of WallStBets insight or Reddit info, one of the most disruptive forces in a generation that will aid the retail investors against the IIs institutional investors.

Its was such a simple elegant solution, one thread , one job to do, track picks for 2021 all with a view to helping retail investors (who are busy and not generally full-time traders) compete with trading houses that do this 24x7 , but ye managed to fk it up.

Let me guess someone got offended by the content of one thread and wanted another thread to fit their entitlement view of the world .

How fking ignorant to think that the greatest short squeeze in history (albeit cheated out of its real returns) and on a par with Soros run on the Bank Of England did not merit discussion in the original 'SHARE PICKS 2021' thread .

This is what your dealing with with this generation, when they dont understand something, missed the boat on it, made their own bad choices or generally too thick to appreciate whats actually going on at the multi-levels involved, they cry foul jump on some moral high ground and fk it up for everyone.

In the past I did consider creating a seperate thread for EVs, but thats already taken care of. But this is on a whole different scale.

Only in this snowflake infected world of investing you can have a thread tracking the markets for 2021 and not merit the input off 6 million retail investors trading , discussing and moving markets.. yes MOVING the fking market, all because they call each other apes and use clever memes !!!

I fking knew it, only a matter of time before investing became another cesspit of the 'woke'

edit : posting in both threads ,

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭the butcher

Can we please stick to one thread? This one as it's always been the main one? Can a mod merge the other thread in? We should have never split it off - big events will happen and it should all be contained in the one thread so we can see the ebb and flow of each yearly stock thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭bcklschaps

bcklschaps wrote: »
    On the subject of social media. Any thoughts on Twitter? It's fallen about 10% after kicking Trump off the site, but is still the 'go to' social media for concise announcements and news.

Biden will probably have just as big a following.

I was fairly shot down for recommending Twitter when they dipped in the middle of Jan to around $45... . Up about 30% now to almost $60 in a 4 week period. Not a huge jump relative to some gainers, that we hear about here... but I'll take those kind of gains all day long.

Can we please stick to one thread? This one as it's always been the main one? Can a mod merge the other thread in? We should have never split it off - big events will happen and it should all be contained in the one thread so we can see the ebb and flow of each yearly stock thread.

Im with you.
    Everywhere you turn theres someone swinging their dk and making what should be a simple pleasure in life into some complex thing with non-essential parameters we all have to live by.

I posted this in the other 'Politicaly Correct No animals were harmed or insulted by a meme Share Pcik Thread '
    How did you guys manage to fk things up , that we have ended up with 2 threads to track Share Picks for 2021 , and leading to the exclusion of WallStBets insight or Reddit info, one of the most disruptive forces in a generation that will aid the retail investors against the IIs institutional investors.

Its was such a simple elegant solution, one thread , one job to do, track picks for 2021 all with a view to helping retail investors (who are busy and not generally full-time traders) compete with trading houses that do this 24x7 , but ye managed to fk it up.

Let me guess someone got offended by the content of one thread and wanted another thread to fit their entitlement view of the world .

How fking ignorant to think that the greatest short squeeze in history (albeit cheated out of its real returns) and on a par with Soros run on the Bank Of England did not merit discussion in the original 'SHARE PICKS 2021' thread .

This is what your dealing with with this generation, when they dont understand something, missed the boat on it, made their own bad choices or generally too thick to appreciate whats actually going on at the multi-levels involved, they cry foul jump on some moral high ground and fk it up for everyone.

In the past I did consider creating a seperate thread for EVs, but thats already taken care of. But this is on a whole different scale.

Only in this snowflake infected world of investing you can have a thread tracking the markets for 2021 and not merit the input off 6 million retail investors trading , discussing and moving markets.. yes MOVING the fking market, all because they call each other apes and use clever memes !!!

I fking knew it, only a matter of time before investing became another cesspit of the 'woke'

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭pajosjunkbox

#metoo . Merge the threads and get back to business. The Gamestop saga was great to follow and exciting to be involved in. A once in a while opportunity that showed how the power of the people (facilitated by the internet ) can disrupt the status quo.

One thread. If you don't like what's on TV, change the channel .

• Registered Users Posts: 15,359 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Rant

Lol.
    Its more that there appears to be zero modding of threads in this forum unless its disciplinary when someone complains. The forum mod seems to have zero interest in the forum, haven't seen a post by them here ever. I did write to the category mods about this but no reply so it appears this forum is abandoned to chaos.

That's a pity as its got some fantastic posters and people here who do care about the subject.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Cowboy12

Great to have you back Rigilo

I was fairly shot down for recommending Twitter when they dipped in the middle of Jan to around $45... . Up about 30% now to almost $60 in a 4 week period. Not a huge jump relative to some gainers, that we hear about here... but I'll take those kind of gains all day long.

Well done on those gains. Love to see that sort of move. Truly well done, thats solid investing , saw a dip, backed yourself , went for it. People can learn as much from that sort of a move as they can from the mad market triple digit gains some stocks are realising in days. Those parabolic gains from somewhat 'RISK OFF' investments are distorting the value of SOLID investing gains which have less risk.

Having said all that, Im not sure on a personal level I can endorse you investing in a company that 'bans' people they dont like :D .
    But you shouldnt give a crap about what I think , its your money do what you want with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭pajosjunkbox

FFS ....the other thread says no reddit stocks. My profit from GME was one of my big ones so far. Everything should be allowed in the pot. It's your own individual choice what you decide to invest in. If a share has the opportunity to make money, let it be discussed .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Kilboor

Chill out man, this isn't some sort of beating Wall Street forum. We're a bunch of nobodies.

You're getting upset over two different threads :confused: They can be merged easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,738 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

I bought Twitter at an average price of $34.8. You got to follow your own gut feeling. Its by far the biggest chunk of my portfolio.
    I was trying to buy some mid Jan and it was $55. I thought I missed the boat and just waited. Got some then at circa 45.
    Twitters fundamentals are very sound. Great current ratio and debt to equiry ratio. Also constant increasing revenues.

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

• Advertisement

Welcome back Rigolo, we missed your rants ;) and offcourse your picks :)

Advertisement