Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newstalk - Breakfast Show

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

meeeeh wrote: »
    It might surprise you at that time in the morning I'm often out for a run and don't listen to the whole show. So I don't overly know what she said and neither I particularly care. I also don't read the Indo very often. Secondly I suspect an awful lot of middle class kids would do better with actual lc than predictive grades. I'm not sure her family exactly benefited from that but keep up with the outrage.

As for this year's students if you think it's fair teachers grade something they have very little information about (no mocks etc) then fine. I think teachers guessing what kids should get without much concrete information is extremely unfair. I would have no problem teachers assessing kids going through test results, percentages scored and how they did in comparison to school mates. However the fact they lost large chunks of both years there is serious lack of information. As someone who was continuously assessed from the first day of school I think last years mess was very unfair and this years predictive grades would be even more.

BTW It's surprising that union head thanked your post. ASTI position is a lot closer to mine than yours. It might be that you both just want to be outraged about Ciara and don't really care what would be the fairest solution. If she says black you will say white. Which is fine just not very intelligent.

I also have no idea who the Union Head is btw, not sure what that was about or how it concerns me?

And my position on the exams btw is they should have been held last year, and should be held this.

It might surprise you at that time in the morning I'm often out for a run and don't listen to the whole show. So I don't overly know what she said and neither I particularly care. I also don't read the Indo very often. Secondly I suspect an awful lot of middle class kids would do better with actual lc than predictive grades. I'm not sure her family exactly benefited from that but keep up with the outrage.

As for this year's students if you think it's fair teachers grade something they have very little information about (no mocks etc) then fine. I think teachers guessing what kids should get without much concrete information is extremely unfair. I would have no problem teachers assessing kids going through test results, percentages scored and how they did in comparison to school mates. However the fact they lost large chunks of both years there is serious lack of information. As someone who was continuously assessed from the first day of school I think last years mess was very unfair and this years predictive grades would be even more.

BTW It's surprising that union head thanked your post. ASTI position is a lot closer to mine than yours. It might be that you both just want to be outraged about Ciara and don't really care what would be the fairest solution. If she says black you will say white. Which is fine just not very intelligent.

Mod
    Meeeh, heed you have been warned.

Nobody here either shall suggest the identity of any poster. Any more if that kind of thing here and a ban will be issued.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

Mod
    Meeeh, heed you have been warned.

Nobody here either shall suggest the identity of any poster. Any more if that kind of thing here and a ban will be issued.

Even if they state it themselves?

BTW I'm replying here because I don't get replys to private messages or reported posts.

And my position on the exams btw is they should have been held last year, and should be held this.

So you are outraged that Ciara agrees with you this year? Ok glad we cleared that up.

So you are outraged that Ciara agrees with you this year? Ok glad we cleared that up.

As I have said, I'm not outraged at all.

But I'm glad you agree that Ciara is a SJW.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

Ask him when he goes on his "main" holiday Joe?

Wrong thread caller. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

x 2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

Ciara and Quinny for sportschat now, two sports experts if ever there were two. This segment certainly won’t be winning any IMRO Awards.

I think Shane Coleman may win an RNLI award for his constant rescuing of Quinny though.

Right extremist groups. Wild conclusions.
    Beating up each other agreement...

Ffs. Do I havee permission to go back to Ryan Tubridy ...please I beg you?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

I know I know... we shouldn't talk about appearance etc.. but.. the Newstalk ads on TV with Ciara Kelly... she looks a mess, she needs to accept her age

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭Azatadine

mloc123 wrote: »
    I know I know... we shouldn't talk about appearance etc.. but.. the Newstalk ads on TV with Ciara Kelly... she looks a mess, she needs to accept her age

I'm convinced she thinks she's a hot thing for some reason.....she isn't.

Azatadine wrote: »
    I'm convinced she thinks she's a hot thing for some reason.....she isn't.

+100- she definitely thinks she's hot , delusional I think :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭1huge1

Come on everyone, this is absolute gutter talk.

Can we raise the bar a bit.

I'm sure she has a dog too. Someone could critise how the dog or the kids look.

Anyway from my experience insecure people comment on other people's appearance. Btw it's sad to see people who are teaching young kids are endorsing those comments.

The dog or the kids are not to the best of my knowledge posting selfies of themselves at awards/events on social media and going out of their way to make sure they are seen doing so.

I wouldn't know, I don't follow her on social media. Btw why spend so much time following someone you so clearly dislike?

I wouldn't know, I don't follow her on social media. Btw why spend so much time following someone you so clearly dislike?

I don’t follow her on social media.

It was shown to me on the night by one of the other attendees - a female btw. Her comments were rather more ascerbic than mine.

You two must be riveting company.

Right folks, a ban has been issued in response to a most inappropriate post in this thread, which I have deleted. Let it be a warning that this is not tolerated. Post has been deleted, but of course stands visible to mods.

Mod - please no reference to anybody's work places in the context of negative posting on this thread. And don't leave yourselves open to such responses either, please. It derails the thread.

Sportschat with Quinny and Ciara should be good tomorrow for their insightful analysis of the Wales-Ireland game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Piehead

“Do you like the 80s or the 90s?”

“What’s your favourite decade?”

Christ awful stuff - sounds like a lame afterhours thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

Sorry but it’s too early in the morning for all the aggression towards the TD from the GP moonlighting as a radio host, warranted or not... Nasty radio. Back to morning Ireland for some civility.

telekon wrote: »
    Sorry but it’s too early in the morning for all the aggression towards the TD from the GP moonlighting as a radio host, warranted or not... Nasty radio. Back to morning Ireland for some civility.

Ah come on, Richard Boyd Barrett made his political career talking nonsense on any radio ot TV programme that will have him. He is well able to deal with more confrontational style.

Not to mention that the idea Irish billionaires would pay pensions for everyone us utter nonsense and he knows that. He is just making sure people don't forget about him.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

Ah come on, Richard Boyd Barrett made his political career talking nonsense on any radio ot TV programme that will have him. He is well able to deal with more confrontational style.

Not to mention that the idea Irish billionaires would pay pensions for everyone us utter nonsense and he knows that. He is just making sure people don't forget about him.

It wasn’t RBB. It was a female FG td.

telekon wrote: »
    It wasn’t RBB. It was a female FG td.
    Ah I haven't heard that. I was entertained by RBB's ideas and fairly sharp tone used in that interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Unknown Soldier

I would really like to put together a montage of all Ms Kelly's comments about the Ca-ni-ver-ous CV19 and some day play them back to her. I am all for optimism (More anti-pessimistic tbh), but there are a lot out there that are just plain deluded, she being one of them.

Like, follow the science, stop giving people false hope. Even some of the senior politicians (bar Leo the Leak) have realised the seriousness of the situation.

I would really like to put together a montage of all Ms Kelly's comments about the Ca-ni-ver-ous CV19 and some day play them back to her. I am all for optimism (More anti-pessimistic tbh), but there are a lot out there that are just plain deluded, she being one of them.

Like, follow the science, stop giving people false hope. Even some of the senior politicians (bar Leo the Leak) have realised the seriousness of the situation.

Don’t forget her calls to open up and have “a Christmas”, that worked out very well.

This thing that only some people wanted to open for Christmas is complete nonsense. People in general started ignoring the restrictions even before they were lifted as the stagnation in falling numbers implied. Only the people who did not meet friends or family and ate their Christmas dinner on their own are entitled to criticise C Kelly or government or people travelling in or whoever is supposed to be at fault now for increasing numbers. Everybody else should stop going on about Christmas like it's only because of other people's behavior numbers went up. Let's remember some wanted schools closed earlier so that they would visit their elderly relatives and spread the virus to them.

Government and C Kelly didn't spray Covid around, plenty of warnings were given to people so if we all wanted to behave responsibly we would. We didn't. The government or Ciara Kelly or whoever is the scapegoat now are just the excuses for people because they don't want to admit their own failings. If people worried more about their own behavior than that of others our numbers would be a lot lower.

This thing that only some people wanted to open for Christmas is complete nonsense. People in general started ignoring the restrictions even before they were lifted as the stagnation in falling numbers implied. Only the people who did not meet friends or family and ate their Christmas dinner on their own are entitled to criticise C Kelly or government or people travelling in or whoever is supposed to be at fault now for increasing numbers. Everybody else should stop going on about Christmas like it's only because of other people's behaviour numbers went up. Let's remember some wanted schools closed earlier so that they would visit their elderly relatives and spread the virus to them.

Government and C Kelly didn't spray Covid around, plenty of warnings were given to people so if we all wanted to behave responsibly we would. We didn't. The government or Ciara Kelly or whoever is the scapegoat now are just the excuses for people because they don't want to admit their own failings. If people worried more about their own behaviour than that of others our numbers would be a lot lower.

Ciara Kelly was heavily critical of the Govt. Lockdown last summer and the November/December lockdown. She was also heavily critical of the levels of restrictions imposed in ireland v. other countries. You really need to stop conflating the two positions as if they were identical - they were far from it.

• Advertisement

Sportschat with Quinny and Ciara should be good tomorrow for their insightful analysis of the Wales-Ireland game.

Only caught the 7:25am episode of Sportschat today. Shane Coleman said Peter O'Mahony was sent off in the first minute of the game.....:rolleyes: Quinlan thought the red card was correct but unintentional:rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement