Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

New Hyundai Tucson 2021

Options
  • 01-02-2021 6:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,716 ✭✭✭

Hello All,

I am looking for your opinion on Tucson 2021. If you have it already can you please share your views on this car.
    I am interested in 1.6L Hybrid Petrol.

1. What's the ride like?

2. What mileage do you get in city and highway?

3. In general what's their 5 year warranty like? And in case of issue with the car, do they provide a replacement car?

Any comments will be highly appreciated.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,039 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Has this model arrived in ireland yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,716 ✭✭✭masterboy123

Yes, seen few already on the roads.
    smurfjed wrote: »
    Has this model arrived in ireland yet?

I am considering this option.

https://www.hyundai.ie/all-new-tucson/specs.html

All-New Tucson 2WD Executive PLUS HEV Auto 1.6 Hybrid €200 €41,345

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Truckermal

If you want a rank looking SUV a Duster is the one to get...

I will have a look now.
    Truckermal wrote: »
    If you want a rank looking SUV a Duster is the one to get...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,583 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

The Tucson and the Duster are in different class. The Tucson is higher up it's much classier.
    The Duster is not a bad car but it is just not in the same class. It has hard touch plastics and a simpler dash design.
    The Tucson is now the king of SUVs in its class. It is even a class above its Cousin the Kia Sportage which are very classy these days. Just seen the Dads Sportage this morning. It had beige with some black and lots if chrome. It was very classly done.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Getting in touch with Hyundai Dealer to see if I can view the car. I know due to covid test drive may not be possible.
    AMKC wrote: »
    The Tucson and the Duster are in different class. The Tucson is higher up it's much classier.
    The Duster is not a bad car but it is just not in the same class. It has hard touch plastics and a simpler dash design.
    The Tucson is now the king of SUVs in its class. It is even a class above its Cousin the Kia Sportage which are very classy these days. Just seen the Dads Sportage this morning. It had beige with some black and lots if chrome. It was very classly done.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,154 ✭✭✭MarkN

Picking one up for a test this week - let me know if you want anything specific photographed etc

That would be amazing if you could take interior pictures and let me know your views on the engine.
    Thanks!
    MarkN wrote: »
    Picking one up for a test this week - let me know if you want anything specific photographed etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 596 ✭✭✭nsnoefc1878

Are you Leo Varadkar? you seem obsessed with class!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,583 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Are you Leo Varadkar? you seem obsessed with class!

Lol no not at all lol. Why is he? I thought he was a good Taoiseach. It's true do. The Duster is a good car and I know a couple of people with them but I was very dissapointed that no soft touch inside anywhere at all.
    Maybe in the next generation.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Just checked Duster. Not my type and going for Tucson test drive today. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭pippip

Yeh Duster wouldn't be a good comparison. Peugeot 3008 or Ford Kuga would be the more common hybrid alternatives.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,131 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

OP, are you looking at a plug in hybrid or self charging hybrid Tuscon?

You were previously looking at diesel only due to your daily mileage, has that changed now?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭carsfan2

Just checked Duster. Not my type and going for Tucson test drive today. :D

Surprised that is possible. Click and collect test drive?
    There are people on other threads worried about being allowed visit the garage to collect their new car.

There is no plug in hybrid Tucson. So I checked out Petrol 1.6L hybrid today and very happy with it.

Re: daily commute, its unsure at the moment, but I checked the mileage is pretty good this car.
    bazz26 wrote: »
    OP, are you looking at a plug in hybrid or self charging hybrid Tuscon?

You were previously looking at diesel only due to your daily mileage, has that changed now?

It was arranged by phone and I collected it at the dealer. I was allowed to take the car away for 30 min, I took pictures which I will upload now for you all.
    carsfan2 wrote: »
    Surprised that is possible. Click and collect test drive?
    There are people on other threads worried about being allowed visit the garage to collect their new car.

Pictures from Hyundai Tucson 2021 Hybrid:

20210201-205542.jpg
    20210201-155359.jpg
    20210201-155353.jpg
    20210201-154437.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭carsfan2

Fine looking car. Very modern and I like that colour. I have seen a lot of 211 Tucson’s on the road.
    How much for the 1.6 hybrid?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,388 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Whats the story with the key? Old fashioned non push start?

• Advertisement

I got quote for Tucson Executive Plus Hybrid (their top model) €44,500. This includes €900 to get electric tail gate. Hyundai missed this simple yet very convenient aspect.

Executive plus has keyless entry, start/stop button, start the engine using car key, 2x 10.25" screens, 19"alloys, etc.
    Very comfy drive and excellent pick up, boosted by an electric motor.
    I am seriously considering to buy this car!
    carsfan2 wrote: »
    Fine looking car. Very modern and I like that colour. I have seen a lot of 211 Tucson’s on the road.
    How much for the 1.6 hybrid?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,027 ✭✭✭Lantus

The outside of both cars is also hard metal. I'll add that to the list of things I never touch when in a car.

Is it really that much of an issue to have a hard touch plastic on something you never touch. Maybe I'm driving my car wrong?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 596 ✭✭✭nsnoefc1878

Pictures from Hyundai Tucson 2021 Hybrid:

Whats the story with the steering wheel? That extra 'bar' across the bottom is weird.
    Lovely car tho, thanks for the pictures.
    It'll sell by the bucket load and you can see why.

I got quote for Tucson Executive Plus Hybrid (their top model) €44,500. .........

Is this a full hybrid but non plug in like Toyota & Lexus?
    220bhp or something?
    Looks a fine car and carmagazine.co.uk "Our tests of the full HEV gleaned fuel economy results between 39mpg and 48mpg"

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

There's a fella in work with one, has only around 1000kms on it so far but it's averaging 8.4 l/100km which is heavy enough. Maybe he's driving like a madman but I wouldn't think so.

To get decent l/100km an adjustment in driving style is required.......... when slowing down foot off the accelerator isn't as beneficial as also light use of brake pedal to let regenerative braking do it's thing.
    Just driving normally like you'd do in a full ICE won't yield the best economy figures. Heavy (relative to what you'd do in a full ICE when driving with efficiency in mind) use of the accelerator to get to required speed is also recommended funnily enough. Some of it isn't at all intuitive :)

Yes, the pictures I have posted is from full hybrid, which includes electric motor + lithium battery to give a total power of 230 BHP. Hyundai are also selling Mild Hybrid in Diesel version.

Mileage is around 6L/100 km mixed. :)
    Augeo wrote: »
    Is this a full hybrid but non plug in like Toyota & Lexus?
    220bhp or something?
    Looks a fine car and carmagazine.co.uk "Our tests of the full HEV gleaned fuel economy results between 39mpg and 48mpg"

Does he have petrol hybrid version?

Yesterday during the test drive the car was showing 7.2L/100 km but i was revving the car to the max :o
    There's a fella in work with one, has only around 1000kms on it so far but it's averaging 8.4 l/100km which is heavy enough. Maybe he's driving like a madman but I wouldn't think so.

Could you share a video please? I would like to learn how to use this full hybrid at it's maximum potential (in terms of economy).

We didn't like RAV4, so most likely we will finalize this new Tucson :D
    Augeo wrote: »
    To get decent l/100km an adjustment in driving style is required.......... when slowing down foot off the accelerator isn't as beneficial as also light use of brake pedal to let regenerative braking do it's thing.
    Just driving normally like you'd do in a full ICE won't yield the best economy figures. Heavy (relative to what you'd do in a full ICE when driving with efficiency in mind) use of the accelerator to get to required speed is also recommended funnily enough. Some of it isn't at all intuitive :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,384 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I’d be a little sceptical about the claimed economy.
    Irish times got 8l/100km on their test for example.

Advertisement