Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

New Hyundai Tucson 2021

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,150 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I suppose they charge you more when you have a trade in car?

The retail price of the new car is pretty fixed but how discounts are applied can vary and generally there is more discount when your not trading a car in against it.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,671 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

They are certainly doing well anyway. I was at a Hyundai showroom yesterday and there was no brochures of the Tucson left or to be got.

Dacia were the same with the new Sandero do but then the salesman said they never came in. No way I would buy a brand new car without looking at the brochure first
    I must say do the Renault Dacia salesman was doing his best to sell it to me and it looked lovely. He even offered to let me drive it lol. Ye only one problem there you kinda need a driving license for that lol. I did leave with a big smile on my face do.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭youngblood

How are people finding the wireless charging? Phone charges when placed on may but with using Android auto etc it's actually losing a charge and is not as topped up as it would be if it was connected to cable. Also found the phone to over heat

I know there would be some warmth and it won't charge as fast as cable but really shouldn't be losing battery while in wireless charging bay

How are others finding it?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,722 ✭✭✭masterboy123

Wireless charging is very slow. But charging with wire is grand.
    youngblood wrote: »
    How are people finding the wireless charging? Phone charges when placed on may but with using Android auto etc it's actually losing a charge and is not as topped up as it would be if it was connected to cable. Also found the phone to over heat

I know there would be some warmth and it won't charge as fast as cable but really shouldn't be losing battery while in wireless charging bay

How are others finding it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Fetaboy80

Would anybody know how to update or upload new/more apps to the infotainment system on a hybrid executive model? (Not the 10" display)

• Advertisement

I have executive plus version but I saw few posts about 8" infotainment on this page:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/758673311459060/?ref=share
    Fetaboy80 wrote: »
    Would anybody know how to update or upload new/more apps to the infotainment system on a hybrid executive model? (Not the 10" display)

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭DaveByDavid

Going to test drive one of these tomorrow.

I was put off SUVs because of the size but when I realised that it's not as long as the Ioniq 5 (which I'm also looking at), it grabbed my attention.

I really like the look and I can get a top model Tuscon with plug in-hybrid for same price as BMW X1 pretty much without the plug in hybrid capability. How many KM do you get electric? I should be able to get a charger at house.

For those that have owned a while how do you find the hybrid? Does it have enough power for overtaking? I live in an area where overtaking is always handy.

Still not sure whether I need to get a hybrid as the cost is so much more than straight up petrol, but overall top model for about 45k seems nice. Are there additional options? Couldn't see anything on the site. Not sure why there's no configuration.

I have 1.6L petrol full hybrid 230 bhp. I have done 15000 km on it and pick up is really good. For a smoother overtake I switch to the Sports mode and happy days! 🤗

Plug in Hybrid wasn't available at the time I bought Executive Plus version. Otherwise I would have got the top spec Plug in hybrid. But i will recommend to get the top spec model as price difference isn't much and you get a fully loaded car with Sat Nav, leather seats, etc.

BMW X3 or Mercedes GLC are equivalent to the new Tucson in terms of dimensions. BMW X1 is much smaller.

Share some pictures from the test drive... 😁

Good luck 🤞

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭DaveByDavid

I test drove it.

The problem is I also test drove an Ioniq 5 and I can't stop thinking about it.

The tuscon was nice and felt natural to drive, and love the exterior. But not sure I'll go for one. Let's see!

Anyone else getting check haptic steering wheel errors, then they go away?

Seems to happen going over road markings, cats eyes that sorta thing

• Advertisement
    Ms

You should check out the new Renault Arkana as well then. A stunning car and maybe the new Kia EV6 another stunner. Then you will stop thinking about the Ionic5.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Renault Arkana is a smaller car compared to the new Hyundai Tucson. So not really comparable.

But yes, you can compare Ioniq 5 vs EV6.

I haven't seen this error so far. I have a full hybrid Tucson. Do you have mild hybrid by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 41 fluffykre

HI folks who have the the all new Tucson. I purchased my Executive plus at the start of the year and experienced 2 issues.

When the drivers side seat is lowered. from a high position and the person sitting on it is on the heaver side there is a clicking sound. It does not happen on the passenger side.

When the audio location is set to the back speakers the volume is like 1%. some sounds comes out however its like theres no speakers in the back.

Got it serviced a few weeks ago and the dealer said the speaker situation has something to do with the software and said the demo model does the same thing. The seat issue they could not replicate.

Maybe two thing to watch out for if you are buying too and testing it out. everything else is super. great car.

I have Executive Plus also.

There is a new software update available on Hyundai website and it has helped with the low volume output from the rear speakers.

Overall, i am satisfied with the car. Done 20,000 km and 5.5L/100 km fuel consumption.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 fluffykre

Thanks @masterboy123

Do you have a link ot the website and did you updated it yourself of leave it to the dealer? DO you recall what software version you are on now?

It is a really solid car, the hybrid is so smooth to drive and constantly getting 5.6 l / 100 km which is good for the size of the car

I did the update myself. It's Gen5W software version.

There is a Facebook group and few people are from Ireland also. It's great for discussion and that's where i found about the update. The name of group is :

2022 Hyundai Tucson 4th Gen NX4 (VERIFIED GROUP)

Ms

The new Kia Sportage is soon avalible to order and will be in KIA showrooms from January. Just something else if a KIA dealer is nearer to you or you prefer the KIA Sportage better. I think the Sportage has a nicer dash, the touchscreens in the Sportage are taken straight from the EV6 and there is some nice details and touches in its interior too although there is nothing wrong with the dash in the Tucson it just looks a bit boring but maybe it's easy to keep clean.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

I pick Hyundai over Kia in terms of reliability and durability.

EV6 has ongoing heat pump issues in their brand new cars.

In terms of infotainment system, I am very satisfied with the new Tucson and their mobile app comes in handy as well.

At the end, it depends on the buyer what excites them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,150 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Kia and Hyundai are sister companies. I don't see how one would be exclusively more reliable than the other given they share nearly everything between them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Truckermal

Buy cheap buy twice. The Kia looks much better as that Hyundai yoke is a horrible looking yoke.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

I think the Tucson is a real grower visually, at first i thought it was very fussy but it actually isn't an ugly car by any means and i think that's reflected in how well it's still doing, despite looking noting like it's predecessor.

I think it will age quickly though because it's a fairly controvertial look.

Ms

I think they both look great certainly a lot more interesting than anything from VW or Skoda and I generally like Skoda. We had two in the family 20+ years ago. Now saying that if Skoda can do for the next Koroq and Kodiaq what they have done for the latest Octavia then there is hope for them in the VW group at least. I can not say the same for VW.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

I dont think VW or VAG group need your hope in the Irish market with 3 of their 4 brands in the Irish top 10 and VW itself only missing the number one spot to Toyota by approx 350 units.

I suppose it's like comparing Toyota vs Lexus. Volkswagen vs Bentley.

They are sister companies too! :)

Except that Kia isn't Hyundais premium arm.

I definitely agree with the latter part of your post but all these SUVs just look boring and ubiquitous at this stage even the Audi line up.

Can't believe Audi still dont have reversing cameras as standard

• Advertisement

You are lucky to get a steering wheel FFS...😂😂😂😂😂

Advertisement