Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

New Hyundai Tucson 2021

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,716 ✭✭✭masterboy123

Could I clarify if there is electric boot opening available as standard?
    I paid €900 extra to get it done from a 3rd party.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭pippip

Could I clarify if there is electric boot opening available as standard?
    I paid €900 extra to get it done from a 3rd party.

I would have thought if it's available it would be in their marketing somewhere so if not obvious I doubt it's standard here.

Did Hyundai not offer you the option for them to retro fit?

Someone mentioned on here that the latest 5008 (possibly 3008) doesn't come with electric tailgate from factory as it brings the vehicles weight up into the next VRT bracket so Peugeot actually fit it once it arrives with them for less than getting it as standard.

Hyundai dealer did offer to get it fitted from a 3rd party and I agreed for it. But it's pricey at 900€
    pippip wrote: »
    I would have thought if it's available it would be in their marketing somewhere so if not obvious I doubt it's standard here.

Someone mentioned on here that the latest 5008 (possibly 3008) doesn't come with electric tailgate from factory as it brings the vehicles weight up into the next VRT bracket so Peugeot actually fit it once it arrives with them for less than getting it as standard.

Hyundai dealer did offer to get it fitted from a 3rd party and I agreed for it. But it's pricey at 900€

These lads do them, if you wanted to pricecheck........ https://alba-automotive.ie/
    To be fair if the dealer is getting to done there's a bit of margin on if for them also.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,154 ✭✭✭MarkN

Not as standard no, not even on exec plus.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Bez Bing

dave oc wrote: »
    Sounds good, did you hear that from a dealer?
    Yup, from the dealer.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭AMCCORK

I have the exec plus diesel. It does not have wireless CarPlay.

Yes, both hybrid and diesel with Executive Plus didn't have wireless car play. Someone here mentioned a software update will solve this problem in the future.
    AMCCORK wrote: »
    I have the exec plus diesel. It does not have wireless CarPlay.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,986 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

pippip wrote: »

That was me, it wasn't actually Peugeot themselves that fit it. They get a 3rd party to do it for €850, supposedly Alba Automotive but I don't see it as a product on their site. Anyway I'm quite happy with it and if there are any problems I can go to the dealer because they are guaranteeing it for the same warranty period of the car(5 years). Couple of downsides are that there is no hands free foot swipe that you would get with the factory installed version and there is a separate fob for the boot.

I am getting the same car key fob but no foot swipe available

I will have to check about the warranty period.

Price €900/-
    That was me, it wasn't actually Peugeot themselves that fit it. They get a 3rd party to do it for €850, supposedly Alba Automotive but I don't see it as a product on their site. Anyway I'm quite happy with it and if there are any problems I can go to the dealer because they are guaranteeing it for the same warranty period of the car(5 years). Couple of downsides are that there is no hands free foot swipe that you would get with the factory installed version and there is a separate fob for the boot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,986 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

I am getting the same car key fob but no foot swipe available

I will have to check about the warranty period.

Price €900/-

Yes mine doesn't have foot swipe either. They cut holes in dash under the steering wheel and inside the boot to install buttons for operating it. Might be pricier on the Hyundai if it takes longer to install, I understand they have to do significant panel removal and routing of wires. Also might be worth contacting them directly to get a price as it could be cheaper that way.

Gosh, cutting holes in the dash etc sounds very scary. I really hope it will not ruin up the quality of dashboard.
    Dealer did say its a clean job and I hope no hanging wires are visible at the end of this job.

I preferred to go via Dealer as of something goes wrong they will deal directly and it will not void the warranty of our car, even though it maybe €100-200 more.

Will keep you all updated.
    Yes mine doesn't have foot swipe either. They cut holes in dash under the steering wheel and inside the boot to install buttons for operating it. Might be pricier on the Hyundai if it takes longer to install, I understand they have to do significant panel removal and routing of wires. Also might be worth contacting them directly to get a price as it could be cheaper that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭freddieot

What would concern me in that situation would be rattles and squeaks coming into the game a few weeks later. Always a nuisance but more so on a new car.

Not good!
    freddieot wrote: »
    What would concern me in that situation would be rattles and squeaks coming into the game a few weeks later. Always a nuisance but more so on a new car.

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭FrankC21

At a glance It looks like a rav4 hybrid to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,383 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Saw one today, looks good.

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭FrankC21

I live next to a hyundai dealer and they have dozens of those new model parked outside.

What's your personal opinion on this model?
    colm_mcm wrote: »
    Saw one today, looks good.

I am trying to find information around how many km can it run on purely electric mode? And what would be the optimum speed to achieve electric mode?

• Registered Users Posts: 73,383 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

If it’s not a PHEV then it’s not actually advantageous to deliberately run it in EV mode.
    With an empty traction battery, it has to get charged up by the engine anyway - so better just letting it do it’s own thing.

It may not even let you to run in EV mode with the engine cold either way.

What's your personal opinion on this model?

I think they’ll be a massive success for Hyundai. The previous generation was immensely popular despite being rather bland, the new powertrains, better technology, and the up to date styling means it’s actually a credible rival to the likes of a Tiguan, Rav4- or even the entry level premium badged stuff.
    The old Tucson lacked a good petrol option, the new model will win over buyers from a lot of brands I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭ROVER

• Registered Users Posts: 4,154 ✭✭✭MarkN

Yes, I'm doing a stupid face. I find it helps stand out among all the other videos on Youtube.

Watching it Live.

I am loving the review, cheers!
    MarkN wrote: »
    Yes, I'm doing a stupid face. I find it helps stand out among all the other videos on Youtube.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Saw two of these on the road in the last week. Was seriously impressed when I saw the ads on telly and even in your review Mark it looks good but in person I can't put my finger on it but it just didn't look well. It looked cheap for some reason. Maybe my expectation was too high. Was disappointed in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,444 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

I love the looks of it except.....the highlights really annoy me.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,479 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

I can tolerate the front lights (although I don't think they'll age well as a look), I think it's the straight lines on the wheel arches that's putting me off the car - wheels are round, so should their arches

I am fine with the headlights.

Interior is solid enough.

It's the alloy design that I don't like, and they don't offer more options around it.

Hi,

Regarding the 5 Year Free service, do we have to pay for oil, filters, etc.?

A colleague told me that it's only labour which is free for 5 years.

Could anyone please confirm this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,122 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

All the information is listed here - https://www.hyundai.ie/service-plans

Advertisement