Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

New Hyundai Tucson 2021

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,574 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

forestgirl wrote: »
    €48,745 for a hyundai now each to their own and all that but thats ridiculous, its a small suv to

It's not a small SUV it's a medium sized one. A small SUV would be a Ford Puma or a Nissan Juke or one of them small VW things. I can not remember what they are called because they are so mundane and boring with no redeeming features on them at all.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,383 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

AMKC wrote: »
    It's not a small SUV it's a medium sized one. A small SUV would be a Ford Puma or a Nissan Juke or one of them small VW things. I can not remember what they are called because they are so mundane and boring with no redeeming features on them at all.

I think it’s the T-Pot you’re thinking of.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 596 ✭✭✭nsnoefc1878

If you want to be technical about it, the puma and juke are crossovers and not suv's.

If you want to be technical about it, the puma and juke are crossovers and not suv's.

The Tucson, Tiguan, Kuga etc are crossovers too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,716 ✭✭✭masterboy123

I believe Tucson is a mid-size SUV.

Again there is no exact definition out there, so one can argue.
    colm_mcm wrote: »
    The Tucson, Tiguan, Kuga etc are crossovers too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭pippip

For me

4wd / Awd = SUV
    FWD = Crossover

So I'd go as far as saying a certain model can be either depending on above.

Ms

The VW T-Pot that's it. I have seen some T-pots with more style than a lot of VWs.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭forestgirl

The VW T-Pot that's it. I have seen some T-pots with more style than a lot of VWs.

You seem to have a terrible dislike for vw

• Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭youngblood

THinking of upgrading my Kona to a 212 Executive in July
    Anything I should look out for? Include?

Ms

You can blame that on the boy racers driving them too fast too load and pumping smoke out of them. That and there lack of any style or bravery in there design at all.

Maybe you could convince me to change my mind.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement
    Ms

Seen plenty of new Tucsons today one white, one black and a grey one too. They all seem to be coming out of the woodwork now

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Saw a Garda new model basic spec one. Jaysus.

What is a vw t pot?

Saw a Garda new model basic spec one. Jaysus.

I'm trying to figure out you are either so impressed with it or you think its pile of sh7te,enlighten me please

I'm trying to figure out you are either so impressed with it or you think its pile of sh7te,enlighten me please

Up til now I had only seen them in decent spec and good colours - but let’s just say Garda stickers and tiny wheels is not a good look on them.

What is the vw t pot you guys speak of?I'd like to know in case I'm driving one

Some vw fan you are

I am assuming you have T-Roc?

I am assuming you have T-Roc?

No I don't have the t roc

pippip wrote: »
    Some vw fan you are

Haha very funny I genuinely never heard it called that

I do love VW but I also really like the skoda kodiaq and superb and I am liking the Nissan X trail to,the volvo XC90 to

• Advertisement

How are you owners finding the headlight performance?

Whenever I see one I wonder how the multiple small lights compare.

I know a headlight should be a given but my old Audi A4 B6 was terrible, almost dangerous, whereas my current Mondeo Mk4 is great, almost don't need full beams.

It's made out of chocolate.

Haha very funny I genuinely never heard it called that

I do love VW but I also really like the skoda kodiaq and superb and I am liking the Nissan X trail to,the volvo XC90 to

Kodiaq looks great in meteor grey with sportline trim. But that means the ****ty sportline seats.
    You'd get two x trails for the price of an XC90.

I know a headlight should be a given but my old Audi A4 B6 was terrible, almost dangerous, whereas my current Mondeo Mk4 is great, almost don't need full beams.

My eyesight is far from what it was even 5 years ago, so headlights for me are very important.
    My v90 headlights are very good I think, I'd an 04 audi A3 before and the headlights weren't good at all, certainly got me with my eyesight. What year was your A4? Probably same lights as my A3.

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭jusvi2001

May be someone already mentioned here. have you thought about Toyota 2021 RAV 4 SOL, comapared to Tucson it is cheaper and got decent spec.

My eyesight is far from what it was even 5 years ago, so headlights for me are very important.
    My v90 headlights are very good I think, I'd an 04 audi A3 before and the headlights weren't good at all, certainly got me with my eyesight. What year was your A4? Probably same lights as my A3.

I had a 02 so probably same setup as your A3. I'm urban based so rarely drive in pitch black but my god when I had to it was bad, the beam just didn't seem to reach that far ahead of the car. I thought it was faulty but numerous checks NCT and alignments all had it as correct.

Just had me wondering how this Tucson's headlight setup works, with it made up of so many small sections.

The LED headlights and LED daytime running lights are excellent in my Executive Plus model. This version also has static bending lights which are useful around corners. The base model has halogen bulbs, which I don't really like.

I had a 02 so probably same setup as your A3. I'm urban based so rarely drive in pitch black but my god when I had to it was bad, the beam just didn't seem to reach that far ahead of the car. I thought it was faulty but numerous checks NCT and alignments all had it as correct.

Just had me wondering how this Tucson's headlight setup works, with it made up of so many small sections.

I was living rurally for over three years before the end of December. In really dark places. I found driving in the dark really took it out of me mentally and the ****ty headlights were definitely a big factor. Got a car with good lights and moved soon after! 02 A4 and 04 A3 would be the same headlights I'm sure.

Just to clarify those small lights are daytime lights, main headlights are down below.

• Advertisement

Just to clarify those small lights are daytime lights, main headlights are down below.

Are these the headlights?
    3-D333863-63-D2-49-FB-9-BB3-56-C2-E6-ABF86-C.jpg

Advertisement