Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Second hand tractors are gone expensive

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 604 ✭✭✭TooOldBoots

Is it not more likely the fronts wore down 1st and were replaced.

The fronts always go 1st regardless

Not that much of an uneven rate, theirs a big difference between the two
    She has all the signs of a well minded tractor. Now its hard to tell from photos . However those CX show abuse very easy. She has not the signs of a tractor had stuff belting off it. While the rear end has been painted black this is common on all tractors that age now. Rear arms ball holders show very little wear and catches for ball holders look perfect.

Engine covers on the sides take very little abuse and usually show any carelessness by previous owners. Only one catch missing on them. Inside front window catches on front still present as is door catch cover on RHS door. Not a complete respray. Most plastic body work looks like it is polished up rather than repainted. Towbar in slot by LHS wheel and while inner part of top link at back May have been replaced it is the original type. May have been a local authorities tractor in the UK. No lights or light covers are showing signs of recent replacement.. Both side mirrors missing but maybe they have been removed to stop lads stealing them

It a clean example but it is not tarted up IMHO. As well I said the hours were low on it as Rolson taught they were high

Ps just a couple other thinks the wheels rims do not look like they were resprayed. The upholstery is not torn inside especially on LHS from a passenger sitting on it. Clutch and brake pedals do not look as if they were touched up,. While there is wear on the yellow accelerator pedal it is very little

The whole tractor is resprayed, them cx go a kinda pink fade due to whatever paint Caseih were using back in the day. Look at the bonnet, they got sloppy and painted the black grill red.
    Its funny how a paint job makes a well worn yolk look like a "well minded tractor"
    Too many red flags for me, but it's no wonder lads with rosey glasses get caught with lemons

• Registered Users Posts: 24,396 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Why is there water in the cup holder?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,888 ✭✭✭tabby aspreme

There's a few CX and CS Case tractors, for auction this coming Tuesday in Wilson's auctions Belfast, all ex Government, form an orderly que please.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,670 ✭✭✭straight

The whole tractor is resprayed, them cx go a kinda pink fade due to whatever paint Caseih were using back in the day. Look at the bonnet, they got sloppy and painted the black grill red.
    Its funny how a paint job makes a well worn yolk look like a "well minded tractor"
    Too many red flags for me, but it's no wonder lads with rosey glasses get caught with lemons

We've a tractor similar to that. Front tyres wore down and were replaced. Still on original tyres on the rear. I think them grills were red on some of them McCormicks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭lab man

Nice m100 on dd since last night asking for big money for a 23 yr old tractor too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,578 ✭✭✭jaymla627

www.exporttractors.com is the place to go for older gear if you can arrange the haulage and don't mind having to retrofit a puh

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭liam7831

jaymla627 wrote: »
    www.exporttractors.com is the place to go for older gear if you can arrange the haulage and don't mind having to retrofit a puh

Most of their gear needs a lot more than a puh

• Registered Users Posts: 6,938 ✭✭✭kevthegaff

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭lab man

kevthegaff wrote: »

I. Bought a 135gx here in june have to say the kubota are no bad tractor spool levers a little too far away only fault

• Registered Users Posts: 18,358 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

About 36k. However it only about 3 ton in weight and it's rear lift will just about handle one bale. Not sure of it's towing capacity but I hate to have a slurry tank behind it

Slava Ukrainii

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,358 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

The Cases go a kind of dull burgandy. It the McCormicks that go pink. If you have a decent screen on a labtop or a pad you see neither of the engines covers have been resprayed. There colour matches the bonnet cover colour. Ya there's paint on the black grid it may be historical or it may be where paint went on the grid when it was polished up. It not really strong enough to indicate being caught during a respray.

All the indications are it is worth a look if one was going North looking for a tractor like that. As I indicated I taught it's overpriced. I seldom look at the paint job on a tractor. Some dealers now do resprays as standard on tractors they bring in especially on smaller sub 100 hp tractor just like car dealers valet a car.

I seen worse yolks and went to see them. Like I said in one of my original post you need to get tractors checked out and IMO except for price that tractor looks straight from photos. However tractors can be deceiving in photos.

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users Posts: 3,924 ✭✭✭selectamatic

About 36k. However it only about 3 ton in weight and it's rear lift will just about handle one bale. Not sure of it's towing capacity but I hate to have a slurry tank behind it

Looks to have an assistor ram spec'd so that puts the rear lift to over 3000kg going by tractordata, the full set of weights upfront are a big plus too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

Looks to have an assistor ram spec'd so that puts the rear lift to over 3000kg going by tractordata, the full set of weights upfront are a big plus too.

We lifted bales with smaller tractors ,that one would manage away too . But if you wanted to do your own slurry or use a double handler that tractor as a bit small for the job

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,643 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

OP how many hours a year will you put up on a tractor?

This could be an absolute money pit, or a rough diamond. Still lots of parts available, you'd want to love spanner work though. If the engine and gearbox are good, I think it is good value. You'd want to love them though.

BUT
    Dry disc brakes are an issue, they can go on fire in dry dusty conditions.
    Oil building up around the engine cooling fins can be a problem too as it's air cooled.
    Engine oil filters can blow off:D
    Lock wouldn't be great on the steering either so you would need a big yard and wide gaps.

https://www.donedeal.ie/tractors-for-sale/deutz-6-30/26080589

Or for similar money, I prefer this as I know them inside out at this stage

https://www.donedeal.ie/tractors-for-sale/ford-5000/26876648

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭lakill Farm

picked up the new to me fastrac yesterday evening, bought it end of November but the lad selling it had told me he needed it for 6/8 more weeks which was sound. he only put 20/22 hours on the clock in the time anyway

Bought it in north Tipp and back to north Westmeath 131km..

1hr 55 in the car
    2hours 45 on the tractor including 4 garda checkpoints , 1 coffee stop and towns like Birr and tullamore to slow it up

• Registered Users Posts: 11,302 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

picked up the new to me fastrac yesterday evening, bought it end of November but the lad selling it had told me he needed it for 6/8 more weeks which was sound. he only put 20/22 hours on the clock in the time anyway

1hr 55 in the car
    2hours 45 on the tractor including 4 garda checkpoints , 1 coffee stop and towns like Birr and tullamore to slow it up

Well may it ware.
    And the best of luck.

What will you be using it for?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,537 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

1hr 55 in the car

Serious bit of kit.
    You’ll need a bigger digger now !

• Registered Users Posts: 18,537 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

blue5000 wrote: »
    OP how many hours a year will you put up on a tractor?

This could be an absolute money pit, or a rough diamond. Still lots of parts available, you'd want to love spanner work though. If the engine and gearbox are good, I think it is good value. You'd want to love them though.

BUT
    Dry disc brakes are an issue, they can go on fire in dry dusty conditions.
    Oil building up around the engine cooling fins can be a problem too as it's air cooled.
    Engine oil filters can blow off:D
    Lock wouldn't be great on the steering either so you would need a big yard and wide gaps.

https://www.donedeal.ie/tractors-for-sale/deutz-6-30/26080589

Or for similar money, I prefer this as I know them inside out at this stage

https://www.donedeal.ie/tractors-for-sale/ford-5000/26876648

The Deutz is allot of tractor for the money, if mechanically good it seems value and a kick of paint would make it very presentable

_Brian wrote: »
    Serious bit of kit.
    You’ll need a bigger digger now !

Dont encourage him

Well may it ware.
    And the best of luck.

What will you be using it for?

Run the dump trailer , tedder and round baler is this years plan

Might buy a low loader if I come across one at right money in the back end of the year

• Advertisement

Reggie. wrote: »
    Dont encourage him

around me is awash with 12t diggers

6/8 ton would be nice but I would only be buying it to self drive hire it out and im just not sure if its worth the risk or hassle

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭Sacrolyte

1hr 55 in the car

Pic

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭timple23

Run the dump trailer , tedder and round baler is this years plan

Might buy a low loader if I come across one at right money in the back end of the year

Do you need a tractor test if its being used only for agriculture?

timple23 wrote: »

Once it's over 40kph I think

timple23 wrote: »

not if used for agri

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭rs8

1hr 55 in the car

Best of luck with the fast trac ... spend alot of time in them hauling diggers only job for a tri axel lowloaders!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,938 ✭✭✭kevthegaff

Was it a travel pit you bought it from?

Was it a travel pit you bought it from?

gravel pit? no , a lad who used it to deliver peat from his fathers bog.

rs8 wrote: »
    Best of luck with the fast trac ... spend alot of time in them hauling diggers only job for a tri axel lowloaders!!

thanks. they have there drawbacks I know but €€€ per HP the benefits outweigh the negatives

going to open out her legs on the dump trailer next week some evening and see how she does

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭timple23

thanks. they have there drawbacks I know but €€€ per HP the benefits outweigh the negatives

going to open out her legs on the dump trailer next week some evening and see how she does

Would the axles on balers, trailers etc be rated for fastrac speeds.

Advertisement