Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things Cat Trialvilly Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,374 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Autosport wrote: »
    The damn printer, I bought a wireless printer to print documents etc and the blasted thing will only print the test sheet. I’ve sent different files to it to be printed and not a budge out of it. I’ve downloaded the app onto the iPad and it said they’re connected but not a budge out of it.

It’s going out the window in a few minutes if it doesn’t work
    Been there, done that and ended up plugging it in by cable :(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,374 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

That girls who like on dating sites never have photos!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,235 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

cj maxx wrote: »
    Been there, done that and ended up plugging it in by cable :(

There is no cable :(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

People going in to shops and using the sanitiser like they are having a bath.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,317 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

dubstarr wrote: »
    People going in to shops and using the sanitiser like they are having a bath.

People going into the shop and not using the sanitizer at all

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

Sports Autobiographies with grand sounding names.
    Ok so you were good at sports - you didnt fight the Nazis.
    Lay off the heroics.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

SAMTALK wrote: »
    People going into the shop and not using the sanitizer at all

Or walking up your àrse because you stop to use it but they don't have a braking system.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

While on the subjects of science and large knockers; accidental or deliberate misinformation.

The other day 'The bra whisperer' was on RTE, talking about women working from home not wearing a bra and suggesting that without support their boobies will sag. Cynical me thinks of course she'd say that because her job depends on it, but the science suggests otherwise. A university in California did a study involving student athletes with large breasts. It basically just got them to stop wearing bras for thirty days and measured the results. While initially the students reported discomfort, especially while exercising, they said it got better after two weeks, and their breasts felt firmer. In most cases there was a significant difference in the distance between shoulder and nipple after ten days.

If you support a muscle it'll atrophy. Make it work and it'll get firmer.

Except for the fact that breast tissue isn't muscle, but fat and glands covered by skin, and it sits on top of the muscle. The weight of the tissue stretches the skin and makes the breast sag. Muscle tone helps, but isn't the only factor.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Autosport wrote: »
    There is no cable :(

If you are linked to a work network, security settings might prevent you from "latching onto" a printer that's not recognised.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,235 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

New Home wrote: »
    If you are linked to a work network, security settings might prevent you from "latching onto" a printer that's not recognised.

I’m at home so no work security, I’m now updating my netbook so hopefully it will work from that

I’m still TA’D at the printer :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

Yet another one of my bra's underwires has poked through the fabric and is now stabbing me in the chest.

Used to happen to me constantly until I started washing them in laundry bags, but haven't had one stabbing incident since.

(The bags with a bit of padding seem the best, I got them in Lidl/Aldi I think).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

With life being life at the moment I'm buying lots online, however I get an average of 8 emails per transaction. Piss off yis ****s

• Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭Up Donegal

The tiny writing that's on Vodafone top-up vouchers and trying to type in the number before you're told that the number is incorrect and to try again! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭Up Donegal

And to add to my previous reply, the minuscule BIC and IBAN details on some invoices. It can be very difficult for people of a certain age to read them!

Why can't they be printed in a font size that's easily read without spectacles!!!
    :mad:

People who, when a celebrity dies, lament the YEAR on social media - "would 2020 just be gone already" or "no way 2020, not another one" etc. It's isn't the year's fault, time is a continuum (probably). It's not like each year has a stock of shíte that it has to dish out in order to reach a target or something*.

* Although I'm starting to wonder about 2020 and 2021 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 30,192 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

When a celebrity dies and you've no idea who they are!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,765 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

I'm actually jealous of the printer that doesn't work. I have have a printer at work that sometimes works. Sometimes pauses for 5 or 10 minutes then prints, sometimes it just doesn't print. Usually prints fine from my phone but goes weird from the laptop. Using a cable doesn't seem to help.
    Then, sometimes, when you power it down, the display reads, "ending, please wait" - this can remain for days and only unplugging it resolved it.
    Sometimes it will work perfectly for, maybe, a day.

It's the inconsistency of it that's maddening.
    This printer was bought in November.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

My cat.

There's a full bowl of cat food in the kitchen. She comes in the cat flap, and goes over to it. Looks at it. Looks up at me. Looks at the bowl of food. Looks back up at me. Meows. Walks over to me, brushes around my legs, back over to the bowl, looks at it, looks up at me. Meows.

I have to go over and touch the bowl before she'll dive in and eat it. The food is sitting right there in front of her, but she insists that I "serve" it to her.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,226 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Childrens christmas movies. Why do they all revolve around in not believing in santa? Children don't even question the belief, but when they watch christmas movies they all start to wonder that maybe santa isn't real.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,791 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Cienciano wrote: »
    Childrens christmas movies. Why do they all revolve around in not believing in santa? Children don't even question the belief, but when they watch christmas movies they all start to wonder that maybe santa isn't real.

Rte really bugged me with this, this year.

The den Christmas had the song, "grandma got run over by a reindeer" on.....

Then they showed "Gaybo laughs back" at 13:30 a couple of days after Christmas, with the spike milligan interview, where he went into detail about buying the presents and his wife laying them out on the kids bed.......talk about diving for the remote......the eldest (5) didn't mention it so I hope it went over their heads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,800 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

Blunt knives in a kitchen and can openers that sit in a drawer all year taking up space and when you ask the useless fcukers to actually open a can they don’t work.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

I took my car for the NCT yesterday, bad enough that you can’t wait in the waiting room, but have to stand outside in the pissing rain. To make matters worse, a few mins after I arrive, along comes one car with 3.5 scrotes, who eventually donned (in various incorrect ways) their masks...and then proceeded to smoke ( moving masks up and down) standing directly under the no smoking sign.
    I would consider my social life pretty tame at the moment, but not so bad that I would look forward to attending my mates NCT.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,012 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Yet another one of my bra's underwires has poked through the fabric and is now stabbing me in the chest.

Watch out for the lightening!

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 11,026 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

When a bird ****es on my car again, about two hours after spending some time cleaning it:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    I took my car for the NCT yesterday, bad enough that you can’t wait in the waiting room, but have to stand outside in the pissing rain. To make matters worse, a few mins after I arrive, along comes one car with 3.5 scrotes, who eventually donned (in various incorrect ways) their masks...and then proceeded to smoke ( moving masks up and down) standing directly under the no smoking sign.
    I would consider my social life pretty tame at the moment, but not so bad that I would look forward to attending my mates NCT.

Haha.. I can picture them going home like..had the craic today at Mickos NCT.

I may have put this here before but it really does annoy me and seems to happen so often lately, when people end a simple sentence with...'does that make sense?'
    I just had a zoom interview with a guy and towards the end he said 'we have more interviews tomorrow so won't be making a decision until early next week.. does that make sense?'. I felt like saying no it doesn't, I don't understand the concept of time, will that be an issue in this role?

On a side note, I always think of the most inappropriate things during an interview like when they ask so, what are your weaknesses? I immediately think 'redheads - they just really do it for me' :p

Builders are still here, still insisting on smoking inside the house, despite me asking them not to. I went in for a nose around this evening after they left - their "concession" appears to be masking tape all around the frame of the door - as if that is going to keep the smell out. Dirt scoundrels, who the f*ck smokes in an indoor setting anyway in this day and age. I've smoked myself in the past but wouldn't do it in someone else's or my own house.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,001 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Getting fed up with a lot of the dodgy advertising these days on the net.
    100% fake but presented as real.

I was just on Done Deal.
    I searched for "Rab jacket" and at the bottom of the pages, there are paid-for adverts.

One listed a jacket that really was what I was after. It was from Snow & Rock store, and said it was £50.

Click on the link and it takes you to their website and its £156.
    I searched and searched and no version of it could be found for £50. So blatant lie to get you to their website.

Nearly as irritating as the sites now where you click on an item and it takes you to a betting site !! Feck off!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭Archeron

When a celebrity dies and you've no idea who they are!

When a celebrity dies and you've thought for years,(and probably told other people) that they died years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,012 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Touch screen typing and predictive text.
    I was just registering online for a CPD course. I had to type my job description which includes the word Accounts in it. I had almost pressed Enter when I noticed I had left the 'o' out of Accounts. :eek:
    I was texting a girlfriend today who had a new baby recently. I was commenting on a photo she sent me that the baby was a little 'dote' except predictive text wanted to send 'little dope'. :eek: Again, lucky I checked before hitting Enter.

To thine own self be true

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,574 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

People who are out in public, get a phonecall then decide to put it on loudspeaker, hold the phone out in front of them and have a conversation while they walk

WHY!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement