Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

This Week on Misery Watch: The Late Late Show - Friday 22nd January 2021.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

"Why are you here?"

I doubt she came banging on RTEs door.

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Summer2020

Jesus f*cking Christ straight into the misery. rte are an absolute disgrace people are committing suicide I’m sure as a result of the round the clock doom and gloom.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭fm

I don't think that these people realise that they are being used by RTE to scare the nation.

Which RTE think is entertainment

• Registered Users Posts: 72,313 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

sudzs wrote: »
    Poor woman, shouldn't be doing this really.

And shame on Tubridy and RTE. :-(

After last week's ALL-TIME LOW with Barry McGuigan, this type of interview really just washes over me now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Car99

kravmaga wrote: »
    oh ffs, this is a terrible lead in for the show tonight, I mean I know its terrible and we are facing into a lockdown until March at least, but Jaysus wept, why o why is the LLS leading in with this story immediately into the show.

Very sad

I'm afraid the LLS show message about how bad covid can be isnt going to get to the members of the public that arent taking it seriously . The people this message is aimed at in particular do not watch the LLS.

While every normal person will feel empathetic towards this woman the LLS show is preoccupied with misery. Entertainment it's not. And Turbridys speech / preaching to the nation every week is getting a bit nauseating at this stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,256 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Is she not saying that she wanted to come on the show

Why will they not interview someone in the hospital at deaths door?

They did that in UK and Italy months back, I watched & took heed. But I knew it wasn't a light entertainment show.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

The late late has jumped the shark

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭CruelSummer

Christ Almighty

• Registered Users Posts: 18,144 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

That'll be on next week's show.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,308 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

Is it time to broadcast the show from the mortuary?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,335 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Very uncomfortable with this really. I know she wanted to go on the show but RTÉ didn’t need to air her still very raw grief so soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,919 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

All we need are the mother and baby homes, but Joe Duffy has been tearing the arse out if that subject for OVER a week now, not that I bothered listening either.

We need a detective on the case to watch the credits and find the names of all the producers and get their emails, together with Dee 4, Tubs and so on.

This is misery on a stick at a time like this and is NOT light entertainment. At All. Glad I gave up on RTE a long time ago.

I still have to pay more per month for the license than I do for Netflix though, and that annoys me no end.

So the message is that no matter how very careful you are you get Covid and die from it.

Car99 wrote: »
    I'm afraid the LLS show message about how bad covid can be isnt going to get to the members of the public that arent taking it seriously . The people this message is aimed at in particular do not watch the LLS.

While every normal person will feel empathetic towards this woman the LLS show is preoccupied with misery. Entertainment it's not. And Turbridys speech / preaching to the nation every week is getting a bit nauseating at this stage.

This need’s to be thanked twice.

RTE are simply causing harm to vulnerable people, not “spreading the message”

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

I remember a time when the late late was a fun show to watch.a few sports lads or lass on,a bit of music etc.
    Gone are the days

• Registered Users Posts: 3,079 ✭✭✭C__MC

Condolences to the man who passed away but come on this is meant to be an entertainment show.
    RTE is a joke

• Registered Users Posts: 81,837 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

What in the jaysus were the HSE doing the last year that we still have fook all ICU beds? They should suspend all the testing and stick the mountains of cash that would be saved in to ICU beds and 24 hour vaccination.

Is she plugging a book now?

Never waste a crisis as they say

Personal friend of Tubridy, bookshop connection.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,435 ✭✭✭StevenToast

CANCEL THE LATE LATE SHOW

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Registered Users Posts: 18,144 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

FFS this is cruel.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭mcburns07

This is a shambles. What are they playing at.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,277 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

So the message is that no matter how very careful you are you get Covid and die from it.

Yep, didn't most people who actually give a **** already know that and those who don't....don't care anyway?

I remember a time when the late late was a fun show to watch.a few sports lads or lass on,a bit of music etc.
    Gone are the days

Replaced by relentless moralising, "do what you're told Joe Public or this will happen to you".

F*ck off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭ArielAtom

Radio interview and the LLS, I think she’s enjoying it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Purple Papillon

She's such a brave lady. I hope everyone listens to her story and takes this virus very real. Rip to Nigel and sympathies to his beautiful wife and family.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

This woman shouldn’t be on this show is horrendously exploitative

• Registered Users Posts: 6,134 ✭✭✭screamer

Poor woman should be sitting on a couch with a grief councillor not sitting on a couch on the lls

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,079 ✭✭✭C__MC

Strange this interview
    Hmmmmmmmmmmmm

Advertisement