Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

This Week on Misery Watch: The Late Late Show - Friday 22nd January 2021.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭Lollipop95

This is heartbreaking, I’m in tears. What an incredible woman, I hope people listen to her. So very brave of her to come on the show

She's such a brave lady. I hope everyone listens to her story and takes this virus very real. Rip to Nigel and sympathies to his beautiful wife and family.

The horror is that no matter what you try to do to stop the virus it comes and kills you.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

What in the jaysus were the HSE doing the last year that we still have fook all ICU beds? They should suspend all the testing and stick the mountains of cash that would be saved in to ICU beds and 24 hour vaccination.

In fairness what happened during the boom, so few beds for a so called wealthy country in Europe...

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭irishlad.

I've been listening to people saying RTE are pushing the doom and gloom far too much.

Now I haven't always agreed, but between the News and the Late Late this week, it has become depressing the way they are pushing Covid on us.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭mcburns07

Now we move on to discussing the deaths in the US. Jesus christ.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,334 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Well that’s the Late Late for you.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭Stevieluvsye

Did she plug a book?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Back to Biden.

4 fcukin years of this ahead.

The horror is that no matter what you try to do to stop the virus it comes and kills you.

I think you should be on the Late Late :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

If it’s not a covid theme it’s across the sea to the yanks for a waffle session.
    We did this fcukin last week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,597 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Is he the bòllocks who brought up Hillary's emails in the first place?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,637 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Tubs has moved onto lecturing people on US Politics in the weekly Anti Trump slot.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,290 ✭✭✭CH3OH

IF this needs to be on RTE..at all.
    surely it should be on Prime Time.
    Not a supposedly F#CKING Light entertainment program

• Registered Users Posts: 4,482 ✭✭✭harr

Car99 wrote: »
    I'm afraid the LLS show message about how bad covid can be isnt going to get to the members of the public that arent taking it seriously . The people this message is aimed at in particular do not watch the LLS.

While every normal person will feel empathetic towards this woman the LLS show is preoccupied with misery. Entertainment it's not. And Turbridys speech / preaching to the nation every week is getting a bit nauseating at this stage.

This a thousand times , the anti masks folks wouldn’t be watching the late late or have any effect.
    This woman is still suffering after her husbands death for RTÉ to use her like this is just cruel.. the only thing this is doing frightening the life out the likes of my 80 year old mother who are sticking to the guidelines.
    She is after telling people not to even go outside..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,077 ✭✭✭C__MC

Expect Marty morrisey or a garrihy to update us on their life in lockdown

• Registered Users Posts: 8,946 ✭✭✭duffman13

She's such a brave lady. I hope everyone listens to her story and takes this virus very real. Rip to Nigel and sympathies to his beautiful wife and family.

Explotive

Unnecessary

Depressing

I take Covid seriously but this tripe does nothing for anyones well being and the poor women doesn't need that. This country needs some relief given the bad news week we've had in general

• Registered Users Posts: 81,820 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Who is in line as number 3 for the Whitehouse, is it Hillary?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I’m going to put on The Night Stalker: Hunt for a Serial Killer on Netflix for some light reprieve

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

• Registered Users Posts: 14,637 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Is he the bòllocks who brought up Hillary's emails in the first place?

He is lucky Trump didnt lock him up along with Hilary.
    2 crooks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,980 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

Did she plug a book?

No. She and her late husband left a book into their local book shop before Christmas to be signed by John Connolly.

The book arrived by post this week.

Comey tallying the figures in his head, I wonder how many eejits will buy my book.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭mcburns07

Comey is articulate but he's so boring and robotic

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

C__MC wrote: »
    Expect Marty morrisey or a garrihy to update us on their life in lockdown

Bernard o fcukin shea must be due on.haven’t seen him on the show in weeks.

irishlad. wrote: »
    I've been listening to people saying RTE are pushing the doom and gloom far too much.

Now I haven't always agreed, but between the News and the Late Late this week, it has become depressing the way they are pushing Covid on us.

This last week or two has been the very worst, and this evening appalling. I'm personally extremely depressed at the minute worrying about the latest variants and I see living proof of it now that it just takes you away in spite of all efforts you have made to take care. This show has reminded me I and loved ones are sitting ducks.

I think we are all pretty jaded with listening to Covid news at this stage. It doesn't mean we don't take it seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭bloopy

CH3OH wrote: »
    IF this needs to be on RTE..at all.
    surely it should be on Prime Time.
    Not a supposedly F#CKING Light entertainment program

Covid is everything. Covid is all.

Time for bed I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,820 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I don't really think personal digs at Trumps appearance is in any way professional.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,139 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Who is in line as number 3 for the Whitehouse, is it Hillary?

Nancy Pelosi.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,980 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

Does this Comey lad ever blink ?

Advertisement