Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

This Week on Misery Watch: The Late Late Show - Friday 22nd January 2021.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,310 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

Fat shaming is ok in some cases it seems

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Wishox

Comey tallying the figures in his head, I wonder how many eejits will buy my book.

Which is why he came to Ireland, The land of people wanting change but voting for the same people year after year !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭mcburns07

Mena Mitty wrote: »
    Does this Comey lad ever blink ?

That's coming in the next software release

• Registered Users Posts: 81,845 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Trump should replicate Twitter with his own system called Trumper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

I think it's pretty transparent. There are two agendas tonight. It's not about entertainment or letting people tell their own stories.

The agenda is COVID bad, Trump bad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭mcburns07

Mena Mitty wrote: »
    Does this Comey lad ever blink ?

No, he just said it himself :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,001 ✭✭✭Hitchens

If Trump had to come to Ireland and agreed to a LLS interview, Tubridy would have licked the arse off him!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭sudzs

worst date ever!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,661 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

I don't really think personal digs at Trumps appearance is in any way professional.

Its laughable as a former FBI director that he is whoring himself by releasing all these kiss and tell books.

M

I think it's pretty transparent. There are two agendas tonight. It's not about entertainment or letting people tell their own stories.

The agenda is COVID bad, Trump bad.

Blessed Saint Joe Biden, good.

• Advertisement

Hitchens wrote: »
    If Trump had to come to Ireland and agreed to a LLS interview, Tubridy would have licked the arse off him!

Leo was sat on Trump's lap not long ago giggling like a debutante.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,134 ✭✭✭screamer

Trump should replicate Twitter with his own system called Trumper.

Or sh:tter

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

Its laughable as a former FBI director that he is whoring himself by releasing all these kiss and tell books.

The almighty dollar

• Registered Users Posts: 20,823 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

I'm back in was watching the Titanic with the kids. How is the show going down - like an Iceberg ?

Was going to give show a miss - but want to see is there anything more upbeat - did they take on feedback ?

Anything happy so far ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭sudzs

Hitchens wrote: »

The arse, the meat and the two veg.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,310 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

He hasn’t the honour of a rat.

Surely these guys sign some sort of disclaimer to prevent media whoring after they retire?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,986 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

mcburns07 wrote: »
    That's coming in the next software release

Just after I posted that, he began talking about blinking. Spooky.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,881 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Disgruntled employee bitches about ex-boss.

Friday night. RTE1.

This last week or two has been the very worst, and this evening appalling. I'm personally extremely depressed at the minute worrying about the latest variants and I see living proof of it now that it just takes you away in spite of all efforts you have made to take care. This show has reminded me I and lived ones are sitting ducks.

I too am feeling close to despair with the situation we find ourselves in. I can't remember feeling scared enough to not be able to listen to a TV interview before.

However it isn't healthy to feel that no matter our actions we will contract Covid and die. Even for those who fall in to an at risk category it's important to not give up hope and not give too much power to fear. Mind yourself as best you can but try to live your life within our new bounds.

The end of this will come and I firmly believe that it will be before 2023 and even 2022.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,872 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

4c269f2856317494973f89491db4bbd6.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Wishox

I'm back in was watching the Titanic with the kids. How is the show going down - like an Iceberg ?

Was going to give show a miss - but want to see is there anything more upbeat - did they take on feedback ?

Anything happy so far ?

lol An iceberg doesnt go down :-), show is misery and moany sacked fbi director, nothing happy on the horizon

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

Fcukin cat malodeon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 475 ✭✭AdrianBalboa

Genuinely surprised to see so many people in 2021 complaining that The Late Late Show isn’t focusing on light entertainment. The show has tackled heavy issues since the Gay Byrne era, you are aware of this, yes? And there’s a global pandemic still going on, it’s the show’s role as a mirror held up to Irish society to reflect on that rather than a clown show or jugglers.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,134 ✭✭✭screamer

Don’t panic, control what you can with this Covid crap. Buy some fpp2 masks for being out and about, carry sanitizer with you and use it instead of the rubbish at shop entrances, and limit the trips out and about. This thing will rage till the middle to end of April and then it’ll start to decline as flu season ends.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,881 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

You will respect him. And have to call him President Trump.

LOL

(Probably even if he ended up in the slammer)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,661 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

I wonder what State Tv in North Korea show on a Friday night.
    I'd say its not a patch on Tubs for propaganda and brainwashing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

I don't really think personal digs at Trumps appearance is in any way professional.

I remember shortly after Trump was elected Brenda Power being on one of those radio panel shows, and she was having a go at Barron Trump. This was Trump's young son, who looked very uncomfortable at the victory night. And everybody thought it was okay, simply because it was Trump's son and "we don't like Trump so it's alright". I thought that was pretty shocking. She would have been the first person who would have given you chapter and verse on the son not being guilty of the sins of the father, but here she was abusing a teenage boy on the national airwaves.

But it was right and unchallenged by the presenter because "we don't like Trump".

No one is more corrupt than the Bidens in all fairness .

M

Genuinely surprised to see so many people in 2021 complaining that The Late Late Show isn’t focusing on light entertainment. The show has tackled heavy issues since the Gay Byrne era, you are aware of this, yes? And there’s a global pandemic still going on, it’s the show’s role as a mirror held up to Irish society to reflect on that rather than a clown show or jugglers.

People are living under this Covid nonsense 24/7, to ask for 2 hours a week where it doesn't get a mention isn't much to ask.

• Advertisement

tenor.gif

Advertisement