Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

This Week on Misery Watch: The Late Late Show - Friday 22nd January 2021.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Allinall

People are living under this Covid nonsense 24/7, to ask for 2 hours a week where it doesn't get a mention isn't much to ask.

There wasn’t a mention of it on RTE television between 7 and 9 this evening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 475 ✭✭AdrianBalboa

People are living under this Covid nonsense 24/7, to ask for 2 hours a week where it doesn't get a mention isn't much to ask.

It is from the Late Late Show: It’s a talk show where topical issues are discussed, it’s not a sitcom.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,853 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

If Trump's impeachment is televised it will be box office, he will love it and work the audience.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,295 ✭✭✭CH3OH

He has been sitting on his hole for 50 minutes.

All prerecorded so far

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

Bombarded with it day and night Atlantic.people need a break from it.gay Byrne used to have a well mixed show.
    The late late these days is obsessed with illness,death and misery.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,310 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

Orphans up next

Light entertainment at it’s best

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

Sorry again, (I'm watching a documentary about Gerald McClellan and Nigel Benn) but is there anything worth switching on for now?

M

Bombarded with it day and night Atlantic.people need a break from it.gay Byrne used to have a well mixed show.
    The late late these days is obsessed with illness,death and misery.

I'm at the stage if it's still like this in August I am going to seek deliberate infection and isolate for 2 weeks, will have a much better lifestyle with antibodies instead of waiting until next year when I'm due the vaccine.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,927 ✭✭✭saabsaab

McDermotX wrote: »
    Disgruntled employee bitches about ex-boss.

Friday night. RTE1.

Some employee, some Boss!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,661 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

If Trump's impeachment is televised it will be box office, he will love it and work the audience.

He wont be impeached , the Senate needs a 2/3 majority and there is no way that they will get that many Republicans to turn.
    Although you wouldnt know what dodgy deals the Democrats will do to try and buy votes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,310 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

Sorry again, (I'm watching a documentary about Gerald McClellan and Nigel Benn) but is there anything worth switching on for now?

Irish trad music coming up after some more dead people

No ..stay where you are

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Wishox

WTF now the competition is run over two weeks ? RTE need a serious look at what they think they can get away with

• Registered Users Posts: 6,134 ✭✭✭screamer

The Late Lamenting Show
    With music by the keeners

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭bloopy

Genuinely surprised to see so many people in 2021 complaining that The Late Late Show isn’t focusing on light entertainment. The show has tackled heavy issues since the Gay Byrne era, you are aware of this, yes? And there’s a global pandemic still going on, it’s the show’s role as a mirror held up to Irish society to reflect on that rather than a clown show or jugglers.

There is a difference between discussions of issues pertinent to the nation and exploitation.

This is exploitation pure and simple. It is designed purely as an exercise in salacious curiosity. Nothing more. It is tabloid journalism and it has infected every part of that organisation.

A company where you could at least rely on its current affairs output has dumbed itself down to an incredible degree over the last decade.

I saw that documentary.
    It’s very good.Mc clennan was no angel either if you google him.
    There was a great documentary on sonny liston on sky Atlantic before Christmas.

Wishox wrote: »
    WTF now the competition is run over two weeks ? RTE need a serious look at what they think they can get away with

They have to cover a few big salaries

• Registered Users Posts: 19,599 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Dunno. Ads now, I'm only watching for the trad bit, if it's more misery I'm switching.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

CH3OH wrote: »
    No ..stay where you are

lol, will do man, thanks.

It's a pretty sad documentary, maybe the rest of you could use it as a pick-me-up after the Late Late?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,002 ✭✭✭Hitchens

Orphans up next

Light entertainment at it’s best

Barrister defending a man who had murdered both parents says to the judge: "your honour, have mercy on this poor orphan!"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

Genuinely surprised to see so many people in 2021 complaining that The Late Late Show isn’t focusing on light entertainment. The show has tackled heavy issues since the Gay Byrne era, you are aware of this, yes? And there’s a global pandemic still going on, it’s the show’s role as a mirror held up to Irish society to reflect on that rather than a clown show or jugglers.

Yes they're were heavy issues, but it was wasn't death and disease every week. There was also a great balance in the shows back then with A list guests, music etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

Following the thread but not watching the show. If I do I just end up feeling guilty for being alive and well.

I'm sure somebody thinks you're right.

• Registered Users Posts: 72,313 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

I'm only here for the trad :cool:

M

Jerry was a great pundit on TV, RIP.

CH3OH wrote: »
    They have to cover a few big salaries

If I won that blue Renault I’d push it off a pier and at the bottom of the sea even a congor eel wouldn’t be seen dead in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Wishox

hahahahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭helpful

Has tubs said anything positive in the last hour?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,599 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Poor aul Jerry Kiernan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭torrevieja

Nope Rip

Advertisement