Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Corona virus in waterford

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,176 ✭✭✭Gavlor

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    oh i think so to

she sure does come out with some awful stuff

nhs but...

https://www.bbc.com/news/av/health-55724994

But......

She was a tool long before covid.

Mental health can be an awful burden for people to carry but the likes of her and trump can’t hide behind that as an excuse for their ignorance.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,949 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Gavlor wrote: »
    But......

She was a tool long before covid.

Mental health can be an awful burden for people to carry but the likes of her and trump can’t hide behind that as an excuse for their ignorance.

people with mental health issues can be arseholes to, trumps more than likely a cluster b, not a particular nice cluster

• Registered Users Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

Gemma very clearly has severe psychiatric problems...some of the people who follow her are just a bit dim but she is medically unwell.

Sorry, she is not medically unwell, or have psychiatric issues.
    That's offensive to people who have mental health issues.
    I profoundly disagree with GoD and everything she represents and says, but she is not a psychiatric case.
    She is coherent in her speech and language and functional in daily living activities, and it is lazy to just tag her as unwell.
    She and many of her ilk are lashing out at the injustices in their own life, and trying to attach blame on something, and have just gone too far down the conspiracy theory route.
    I know a good few people who admire Trump for example, and believe in what he was for. (Again, I'm not one of them).
    The common theme was that the political class was not speaking for them any longer, so they are attracted to those that wish to disrupt the norms and throw everything onto the bonfire. This has been building up as a head of steam for decades, as ordinary people found their lives harder and harder whilst the wealthy became even more wealthy and opulent.

gman2k wrote: »
    I profoundly disagree with GoD and everything she represents and says, but she is not a psychiatric case.
    She is coherent in her speech and language and functional in daily living activities, and it is lazy to just tag her as unwell.
    She and many of her ilk are lashing out at the injustices in their own life, and trying to attach blame on something, and have just gone too far down the conspiracy theory route.
    I know a good few people who admire Trump for example, and believe in what he was for. (Again, I'm not one of them).
    The common theme was that the political class was not speaking for them any longer, so they are attracted to those that wish to disrupt the norms and throw everything onto the bonfire. This has been building up as a head of steam for decades, as ordinary people found their lives harder and harder whilst the wealthy became even more wealthy and opulent.

delusion and paranoia can be an element of some disorders, but you do have very points about the dislocation of the political classes and the general population, wealth inequality etc etc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭BBM77

Not sure I completely agree with this. Surely detachment from reality is a mental health issue.

• Advertisement

if she was mentally unwell her actions would be sparodic and self-harming as much as deluded

Any fights/videos she puts about,are always of a position of strength/no risk to herself.

Some people are just trash

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭Flow Motion

Every resident in Ireland will be offered the vaccine before September, says health minister https://jrnl.ie/5331289

Wishful thinking?? I would rather that this guy keep his counsel and not keep making such statements. Can we not just plough ahead with the vaccination programme and see how far we get?? By now I think we all realise that making predictions on the pandemic is foolish. He is speculating what the situation is going to be like 7 months hence. I'd like to hear a bookmaker's odds on it being the case in September. Hopefully we will be in a better place for sure but a week is a long time in a pandemic not to say 7 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,402 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

Every resident in Ireland will be offered the vaccine before September, says health minister https://jrnl.ie/5331289

Wishful thinking?? I would rather that this guy keep his counsel and not keep making such statements. Can we not just plough ahead with the vaccination programme and see how far we get?? By now I think we all realise that making predictions on the pandemic is foolish. He is speculating what the situation is going to be like 7 months hence. I'd like to hear a bookmaker's odds on it being the case in September. Hopefully we will be in a better place for sure but a week is a long time in a pandemic not to say 7 months.

Just analyse the wording. I can "offer" you an appointment to be vaccinated in 5 years time.

Getting an offer of being vaccinated before September doesn't mean that by Septemeber everyone that wants it will be vaccinated.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

So is my brother who is a diagnosed and extremely unwell schizophrenic (as is my cousin). You're pretty much saying people with psychiatric issues cannot do these things while accusing me of being offensive to people with mental health issues. :rolleyes:
    I've plenty of experience with people with a range of mental health issues, hers are pretty evident to me, I can see many similar behaviours between her and my bro. If you disagree that's fine but I would never in a million years do anything to offend or disregard anyone who experiences mental health issues.

Hmm difference in wording between Irish Times and The Journal
    https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/everyone-in-ireland-to-get-covid-19-vaccine-by-september-minister-for-health-says-1.4464245?fbclid=IwAR0hbLXFBXqqFoCvCARMgsAcuSI_f52SiPIGO7tWvpiuTbOggVg-prl8Lls

"The Government’s intends to ensure every resident in Ireland will receive the Covid-19 vaccine by September, Minister for Health Stephen Donnelly has told the Dáil."

• Advertisement

if she was mentally unwell her actions would be sparodic and self-harming as much as deluded

Any fights/videos she puts about,are always of a position of strength/no risk to herself.
    Some people are just trash

so in order to be mentally unwell, you must behave like this, jesus, we ve a long way to go to explain these issues to some! ive never behaved like this, and ive been very mentally unwell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

It's a bit like being a functioning alcoholic - you can be utterly dependent but also able to carry a coherent life of your own even if it's hell for other people who constantly have to navigate around same.

GO'D, if put under examination would almost certainly be considered psychotic - a coherent (within her own reasoning), functioning one. At some point she may cease to be so and actually get incarcerated because it looks like no one is minded to make an intervention.

In the meantime she just needs jailing on grounds of incitement, hate speech and probably a few other things.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭spookwoman

doing some catching up and last nights hospital figures back up to 117 +6. Icu still at 6.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

104 cases in Waterford in the last 24 hours. Still stubbornly high.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,636 ✭✭✭sillysocks

Have read that there’s been a lot of de-notified cases in Waterford this week (almost 200) which is significant and means our cases are better than they seem at first on the daily notifications.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,033 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

sillysocks wrote: »
    Have read that there’s been a lot of de-notified cases in Waterford this week (almost 200) which is significant and means our cases are better than they seem at first on the daily notifications.

Its a shambles really, the problem is though if these numbers are being taken from Waterford, then they are being added to Kilkenny, wexford and Tipperary and you can be sure that the same is happening in those counties also. The sheets which are issued each evening is how the journalists are finding out about these denotifications by the process of keeping tallies of the previous days total and todays.

What we do know is that the numbers issued each evening reflect the denotifications and even with these circa 200 cases taken back, we are still unfortunately at the wrong end of that table.

sillysocks wrote: »

Started happening around the 7th jan. Here are the last few days for all counties.

daily-report-21-01-2021.jpg

Latest LEA Data
    21-01-2021.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2 gemor

Hi this is my first time posting on this thread. Just wanted to thank Spookwomam for uploadinging the LEA numbers. West Waterford doesn't appear to have as much growth in the virus as the East but the overall rates of increase seems to be on the up countywide.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭dieselbug

But he's a politician!! where the importance of spin should not be underestimated.
    I'm old enough to remember when a politician made a promise he had to live up to it, days long gone I'm afraid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭91wx763

gemor wrote: »
    Hi this is my first time posting on this thread. Just wanted to thank Spookwomam for uploadinging the LEA numbers. West Waterford doesn't appear to have as much growth in the virus as the East but the overall rates of increase seems to be on the up countywide.

Tramore going down on last weeks figures but both Waterford areas rising. Quite frightening.

Up in the North the NI Assembly has extended their lockdown by another 6 weeks up until the 6th March. Probably the first good proactive decision they have made in the pandemic. I wish our own Government would just make such a decisive move and follow suit. At least we could all know what is in store and plan ahead. Rather than the charade of the next week: media build up, vested interest groups and lobbying, teachers, unions, shops etc, cabinet meetings, press conference at six o'clock next Friday I'd expect. Who seriously believes any major drop in cases is gonna happen in the interim? Just bite the bullet Taoiseach and tell us what we already know: unprecedented times... Lockdown extended... Come back in March!

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Junior Hurler

It’s an electoral area of Tramore AND Waterford City West so it includes some city suburbs, rural and Tramore. Total population 22k of which Tramore is c10k. There’s no separate official figures for Tramore

https://waterfordcouncil.maps.arcgis.com/apps/MapSeries/index.html?appid=75ec6d1f08b44cd1aab47605d9266f37
    91wx763 wrote: »
    Tramore going down on last weeks figures but both Waterford areas rising. Quite frightening.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,980 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Up in the North the NI Assembly has extended their lockdown by another 6 weeks up until the 6th March. Probably the first good proactive decision they have made in the pandemic. I wish our own Government would just make such a decisive move and follow suit. At least we could all know what is in store and plan ahead. Rather than the charade of the next week: media build up, vested interest groups and lobbying, teachers, unions, shops etc, cabinet meetings, press conference at six o'clock next Friday I'd expect. Who seriously believes any major drop in cases is gonna happen in the interim? Just bite the bullet Taoiseach and tell us what we already know: unprecedented times... Lockdown extended... Come back in March!

very true, the sister rescheduled her wedding from April 2020 to mid March 2021 and with the way things are going it wont go ahead in March either :(:mad:

The negativity in the media and government is overwhelming and this has been a very tough lockdown mentally

HSE Operations report out

122 +5 Says 20 confirmed in the last 24 hrs out of 123 inc other hospitals.
    6 in ICU no change.

https://www.hse.ie/eng/services/news/newsfeatures/covid19-updates/covid19-daily-operations-update-2000-21-january-2021.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭Taxburden carrier

dieselbug wrote: »
    But he's a politician!! where the importance of spin should not be underestimated.
    I'm old enough to remember when a politician made a promise he had to live up to it, days long gone I'm afraid.

You must be really really old :rolleyes:

PTH2009 wrote: »
    The negativity in the media and government is overwhelming and this has been a very tough lockdown mentally

It really has and I think one of the contributing factors to it being difficult is that there is no end in sight, they said end of Jan but everyone knew that it wasn't going to end next week. With the last one it was 6 weeks so you could see the end, with the first one no one knew what they were at and everyone was terrified so they didn't mind the no end date as much.

You can lift the travel restriction and still leave shops, restaurants closed..or only open shops that are not in shopping centres with strict numbers/sq m or something.

It really has and I think one of the contributing factors to it being difficult is that there is no end in sight, they said end of Jan but everyone knew that it wasn't going to end next week. With the last one it was 6 weeks so you could see the end, with the first one no one knew what they were at and everyone was terrified so they didn't mind the no end date as much.

Agree 100% here. Personally I have been feeling this particular lockdown a bit harder than the previous two. Anyone I've meet or spoken to has a look of resignation on their faces. Suppose it's a combination of factors; January, grey day's, huge virus surge nationwide, a long road ahead, no plans, none of the activities we all took for granted just a year ago. I had to laugh when someone said that the highlight of their week currently is doing the grocery shop! A normal activity with a little bit of social interaction. Sad but true. Everyone knows that the restrictions are going to last until the cases numbers, deaths, hospital's stabilises. We're at about 2'500 currently which is about 10 times higher than when we exited the last lockdown at the start of December. So we still have a long way to go. I think that the emotional, social, mental health effects of the pandemic will be it's lasting legacy.

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Oscar Madison

PTH2009 wrote: »
    very true, the sister rescheduled her wedding from April 2020 to mid March 2021 and with the way things are going it wont go ahead in March either :(:mad:

A friend of mine had their wedding booked for this year but deferred it to a later date but it won't happen there either!

I told them to just 'live in sin' and sort something out at some time in the future.

This thing won't be saying goodbye at any time soon!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Advertisement