Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Corona virus in waterford

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Er I think that's the daily infection number.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Er I think that's the daily infection number.

Just looking at those numbers now looks like it. 32 today

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭julyjane

The so called wet pubs won't be open by the Summer for sure. They will be lucky to be open by Christmas.

Beer gardens are all we can hope for this summer, but maybe we'll be allowed inside once the evenings start to get colder.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭91wx763

spookwoman wrote: »
    Just looking at those numbers now looks like it. 32 today

He posted "32" below previous tweets about deaths but he's acknowledged that 32 is cases although there have been multiple deaths over the weekend.

HSE Operations report

117 +6 in Hospital
    7 +1 in icu

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭yamaha4life

Some person driving around all county waterford with an electronic sign, conspiracy theorist!

https://www.facebook.com/100000513506652/posts/4359086054118468/

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Some person driving around all county waterford with an electronic sign, conspiracy theorist!

They parked that yoke outside a petrol station in Dublin last week. Petrol station had to release a statement saying it was nothing to do with them. Have little doubt it is the exact same sign (it's the same content) which goes to show the Guards are letting these lads away with murder if they drove Dublin to Waterford with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭yamaha4life

They parked that yoke outside a petrol station in Dublin last week. Petrol station had to release a statement saying it was nothing to do with them. Have little doubt it is the exact same sign (it's the same content) which goes to show the Guards are letting these lads away with murder if they drove Dublin to Waterford with it.

Its madness! It has had reported sightings in tramore, Dungarvan, lismore, cappoquinn.

While most of us are worried about movement in county and making sure its essential travel, this person seems to be able to travel unrestricted! I think someone mentioned the gardai shifted them from the city.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭91wx763

It seems difficult to believe that a newspaper would print a story of this nature if they couldn't back it up, particularly because, in order to apply for a licence, a publican must first advertise in a newspaper. You'd imagine the N&S would have very easily checked that part of the story before printing.

Story is back up now https://waterford-news.ie/2021/01/18/no-licence-listed-for-tramore-pub-at-centre-of-covid-controversy/

But even better WLR are reporting that the licence could have been renewed for free last year for this year......

• Registered Users Posts: 28,961 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Someone that needs professional help in my opinion

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Should be fined heavily for mulitple breaches of 5km

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭kayaksurfbum

Iv seen that car around a good bit, Its plastered with Pro life stickers and religious stuff. Same guy was pulling the vote trump trailer around waterford four years ago apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

Iv seen that car around a good bit, Its plastered with Pro life stickers and religious stuff. Same guy was pulling the vote trump trailer around waterford four years ago apparently.

I'd say he'd be up very early in the morning, so as not to be paddy last.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

gman2k wrote: »
    I'd say he'd be up very early in the morning, so as not to be paddy last.

He also goes around with it saying that "vaccines cause autism".
    https://twitter.com/antifa_drone/status/1348392796978294784?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Flow Motion

I know people have principles but why would you bother. Ireland's one and only Q-Anon devotee. Takes a lot of effort, money and zeal to drive around the country in mid January spreading the word. Just highlights the inherent danger's of misinformation that lurks within the online world. Anyone can access this sort of stuff and latch onto it and decide to follow an unhinged idea. When I see these type of stories I'm glad I never signed up for facebook/twitter. I think it was Ricky Gervais that said "twitter is like being able to read every toilet wall in the world at once".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭friendlyfun

Great to see these ***** being outed.

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭Captain Red Beard

It amazes me that no one has set it on fire, smashed it up, thrown paint over it etc. And that the gardai seen to be giving this clown a free pass to travel the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Aren't those things illegal anyway, unless used for roadworks, etc?

I've seen them on the side of the road saying thinks like "CENTRA AHEAD HAM 3 FOR €10" and wondered how they could get away with it...

I only read them because I'm expecting information about roadworks or a diversion.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,961 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

It amazes me that no one has set it on fire, smashed it up, thrown paint over it etc. And that the gardai seen to be giving this clown a free pass to travel the country.

someone should hack it for the craic

• Registered Users Posts: 12,091 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

The nursing home in Ballinakill is full of it

• Advertisement

Gael23 wrote: »
    The nursing home in Ballinakill is full of it

If same one they had a number of staff test positive back news years eve

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,033 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

102 cases in Waterford, Sadly there were 93 deaths announced nationally also, 89 of which were in January, RIP to all who have lost their lives due to this horrific virus

Es-HQrwv-XUAIh-RRZ.jpg

56 cases yesterday were "declassified" in waterford. Briefing number was 32

56 cases yesterday were "declassified" in waterford. Briefing number was 129 should have been 73

That 129 figure was from Sunday I think.

Aquos76 wrote: »
    That 129 figure was from Sunday I think.

Correct yesterday was 32. Looked at wrong area, doing a transfer to another sheet and making changes because some info no longer being published.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭dieselbug

fricatus wrote: »
    Aren't those things illegal anyway, unless used for roadworks, etc?

I've seen them on the side of the road saying thinks like "CENTRA AHEAD HAM 3 FOR €10" and wondered how they could get away with it...

I only read them because I'm expecting information about roadworks or a diversion.

Could you post a bit more detail about the ham offer please:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,587 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

120 in UHW with 184 on a covid tracker

HSE operations

111 -6 in hospital
    6 -1 icu

HSE operations

111 -6 in hospital
    6 -1 icu

I know of two that died out there in the last 24 hrs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭Thewife

I always get rather sad and anxious when I see a reduced icu number , hoping that Person is one of the lucky ones and left icu because their health improved ðŸ™ðŸ» Thank you for your daily updates it is much appreciated .

M
    HSE operations

111 -6 in hospital
    6 -1 icu

Advertisement