Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joe Biden Presidency thread *Please read OP - Threadbanned Users Added 4/5/21*

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4 ologir

Sigh.... Oh look an new account
    You do understand that Covid has hit employment worldwide

Weird. Didn't Trump himself say it was only a few cases and would be killed off by summer?

Shame he had to go and undo the great work done by Obama and Biden. Anyway, I'm sure Biden will do another great job tidying up the mess he was left including a record high debt. I'm sure that the sun used to kill the virus caused that!

Could we see a Nobel Peace Prize for a new Iran deal? I can't wait to order the coins.

It's looking like Trump had no plans for getting the vaccine to the people. We'll all be thanking our Uncle Joe for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,170 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Bush f**ked up the US economy, Obama fixed it (despite Republican opposition to GM etc bailouts) and Trump got the f**king credit :rolleyes:

I'd love to know what, apart from a massive unfunded tax cut i.e. debt, Trump did that was of actual real economic benefit?

Getting into trade wars isn't good for the economy that's for sure.

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,173 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Bush f**ked up the US economy, Obama fixed it (despite Republican opposition to GM etc bailouts) and Trump got the f**king credit :rolleyes:

I'd love to know what, apart from a massive unfunded tax cut i.e. debt, Trump did that was of actual real economic benefit?

But trump said trade wars are easy to win, just try telling that to the soy farmers on subsidies as the reciprocal tarrifs goosed their export market to China

• Registered Users Posts: 21,520 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

And before that Bill Clinton was one of the few Presidents to return a budget surplus but we are led to believe the Democrats do nothing but spend other peoples money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

Morons attract morons. Hence Cruz's popularity amongst diehard Trumpists. Aithníonn ciaróg ciaróg eile.

What's with all the name calling of the opposition?
    74 million people voted for trump are they all morons?
    You have your beliefs the opposition has theirs.
    They aren't any less or more of a human being than you are.
    You are equal to them as much as your ego would disagree.

• Advertisement

What's with all the name calling of the opposition?
    74 million people voted for trump are they all morons?
    You have your beliefs the opposition has theirs.
    They aren't any less or more of a human being than you are.
    You are equal to them as much as your ego would disagree.

From the supporters who coined 'fcuk your feelings', 'liberal tears', and other great hits are all suddenly as weak and thin skinned as their orange daddy

• Registered Users Posts: 35,764 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Poet getting a lot of plaudits , thought it was a bit child like to be honest

Off our knees we will climb
    More of love and less of crime
    Hear my words they are sublime
    Who would like a slice of lime?
    Yes you see my words all rhyme
    And if we fail there will be crying
    Life's not easy, but don't stop trying
    Biden's honest, but Trump was lying

• Registered Users Posts: 34,170 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

duploelabs wrote: »
    But trump said trade wars are easy to win, just try telling that to the soy farmers on subsidies as the reciprocal tarrifs goosed their export market to China

I'm remined of the "easiest negotiation ever" "we hold all the cards" guff coming from the east of us!

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

Poet getting a lot of plaudits , thought it was a bit child like to be honest

Off our knees we will climb
    More of love and less of crime
    Hear my world they are sublime
    Who would like a slice of lime
    Yes you see my words are rhyme
    And if we fail there will be crying
    Life's not easy, but don't stop trying
    Biden's honest, and Trump was lying

Between this and your commentary of lady gagas appearance at the inauguration yesterday, you're really showing us your brevity of class and culture

• Registered Users Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭joseywhales

America will win manufacturing trade wars with china as soon as a large proportion of the US population are willing to live and work in third world conditions for third world pay.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

From the supporters who coined 'fcuk your feelings', 'liberal tears', and other great hits are all suddenly as weak and thin skinned as their orange daddy

Joe Biden has asked for unity going forward let's give it a shot eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,507 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Joe Biden has asked for unity going forward let's give it a shot eh?

Right, but how do you get unity when one side wants to deal in facts and figures and the other side just knows!

Take Climate change for example. IS there really a unity point? What, we all agree that the climate is changing but all agree not to do anything about it?

One of the key reasons that Germany was able to move on from WWII, and a key reason they didn't from WWI, and its similar to South Africa, is that there was an acceptance of the errors that had happened, remorse and a willingness not to let it happen again.

So has Cruz come out to accept he was wrong? Have the 147 GOP congress members that voted to suspend the democratic vote accepted they were wrong?

Has the GOP, the voters accepted the damage they have done?

No, none of that has happened. The exact same games will continue to be played by McConnell.

Watch what happens at the impeachment. Even the GOP are really about unity, then there is no excuse not to impeach. If not for the riot itself, then the phone call to Georgia is enough in its own right.

They should also admit that they pulled a fast one about SCOTUS at Obama's last year and that going forward both parties need to amend the process.

Do you really think any of that will happen?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,482 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

I see #BidenErasedWomen is trending on Twitter as I said this morning this isn't going to end well for Biden

https://twitter.com/Nemaipa/status/1352266814504509443?s=19

I see #BidenErasedWomen is trending on Twitter as I said this morning this isn't going to end well for Biden

So how is giving a trans woman equality a bad thing? I don't see any cis women being erased?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,243 ✭✭✭Cody montana

The sky is falling....the sky is falling....the sky is falling!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Joe is what a modern feminist looks like. These transphobic women need to man up and take their lumps. Literally :o

image-79.png

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

So how is giving a trans woman equality a bad thing? I don't see any cis women being erased?

"cis women"

ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Melanchthon

Listen, we don't need to be like republicans, the ups and downs of the S&P are not an indicator of the president's economic performance, real sustainable economic planning takes years to implement(perhaps multiple administrations) and may not be felt until years after an administration. Real economic planning includes things like funding public schools, which wont affect the economy for 10 or more years.....but is very much required.

You'd presume the Biden administration will be a lot better than Trump's on education at a bare minimum. His education secretary was terrible by all accounts.

On the economics thing though it's so hard to judge, like people are talking about Bill Clinton's great economic performance, I've a lot of time for Bill Clinton he seemed to be an actual centerist in terms of policies but arguably he laid the seeds of the great economic crash.

humberklog wrote: »
    "cis women"

ffs

Jesus, now your offended by nomenclature?? Grow a pair, names won't hurt you

• Registered Users Posts: 37,716 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Overheal wrote:
    And the Dow is at an all time high whilst Trump oversaw the worst jobs performance of any president in history. Huh.
    Just out if interest, and I've no interest in defending Trump, but we're all these worst performances in the stock market and unemployment during covid?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Melanchthon

This will be a bigger thing in the US than it would be here because sports scholarships and so on are so important
    On the flipside from what I know there isn't the same thing as the UK where there is a body of old school feminists who genuinely are feminists and left wing that are trans exclusionary.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,716 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

duploelabs wrote:
    Between this and your commentary of lady gagas appearance at the inauguration yesterday, you're really showing us your brevity of class and culture
    Just on the pop stars, I've no interest in them.myself but years ago I was at a concert and Bono started telling us about his beliefs on certain things. I didn't go to the concert for political opinion and it wasn't advertised prior to the event either. I wish they'd all keep their political affiliations to themselves. I certainly don't respect their opinions on serious matters.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,228 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

eagle eye wrote: »
    Just on the pop stars, I've no interest in them.myself but years ago I was at a concert and Bono started telling us about his beliefs on certain things. I didn't go to the concert for political opinion and it wasn't advertised prior to the event either. I wish they'd all keep their political affiliations to themselves. I certainly don't respect their opinions on serious matters.

bono is a c*nt of the highest order.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,570 ✭✭✭✭briany

You'd presume the Biden administration will be a lot better than Trump's on education at a bare minimum. His education secretary was terrible by all accounts.

On the economics thing though it's so hard to judge, like people are talking about Bill Clinton's great economic performance, I've a lot of time for Bill Clinton he seemed to be an actual centerist in terms of policies but arguably he laid the seeds of the great economic crash.

Biden needs to do something with the demographic who ate up Trump's message on bringing good blue collar jobs back to the States, because you're only fomenting another wave of populist anger to let those towns literally rust. It may be that with global supply chains and the system of capitalism we currently employ that outsourcing will always make more sense, but that means changing the system of capitalism. No longer should people be allowed to become as wealthy as Jeff Bezos or Elon Musk. Men who are so rich they cannot figure out what to do with all their money. I believe that someone should certainly be allowed to work hard and become very wealthy off of that and have a very comfortable life. I just don't think they should be allowed to have all of the money, because at that point they're private entities, answerable to no-one, wielding tremendous power to change society to their own liking that may be at odds at with the public interest.

In short, you could perhaps bring back some good blue collar jobs if you remove the culture of profit at all costs. The people at the top would still have a lot of money and the people at the bottom would have a little more, and that would be a more stable basis to move on with as a society.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,438 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

eagle eye wrote: »

Try getting stuck at a table next to him in Lillies back in the day, even the edge was rolling his eyes at the shìte he was spouting :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,162 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Must be something about girls, young women that trigger some people? Greta, Alexandria and now Amanda.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

I know Ted knows what the Paris Climate accord is but that reads like he thinks it's about Paris and the clapping seals will think that too. And then they'll drive home in their gas guzzlers, open up their twitternator accounts and blast Biden for selling America out to those commie Pareeeeesians.
    Ted is starting early trying to soak up Trump supporters for his next run.

Without doubt thats what his idoitic tweet about Parisians was all about today, it was completely aimed at Trumps base. Its easy to forget that Cruz has a degree from Harvard Law School and a Masters from Princeton. So unless he bribed his way in he is a smart enough guy. His whole grift now though is not to act like it in order to appeal to the poorly educated voters that loved Trump so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,162 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Without doubt thats what his idoitic tweet about Parisians was all about today, it was completely aimed at Trumps base. Its easy to forget that Cruz has a degree from Harvard Law School and a Masters from Princeton. So unless he bribed his way in he is a smart enough guy. His whole grift now though is not to act like it in order to appeal to the poorly educated voters that loved Trump so much.

When God was giving him brains, he held back on a personality.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭coolbeans

Water John wrote: »
    Must be something about girls, young women that trigger some people? Greta, Alexandria and now Amanda.

Don't forget Pelosi, she's far from young but boy she sure does trigger the feck out of a certain cohort.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Jesus, now your offended by nomenclature?? Grow a pair, names won't hurt you

You say "now I'm offended by nomenclature??" which infers you've read a previous post of mine where I'm offended. Where would you have seen that post?

In this case I'm not offended whatsoever. I just think "cis woman" is daft when there's a perfectly fine word in existence which is woman/women.

No offense.

Advertisement