Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joe Biden Presidency thread *Please read OP - Threadbanned Users Added 4/5/21*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,559 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

I don't think it is that. AS you say, its a pretty open secret.

However, I get the impression, based on nothing more than my own feelings I might add, that Lindsey is not particularly liked and thus he needs something or someone to cling to. He doesn't strike me as the smartest tool in the box and so he doesn't really have much to offer.

I'm sure he is perfectly fine at being a representative to his state, but I get the feeling that he wants a national platform but realises that on his won he can never have that.

• Leroy42 wrote: »
    AOC really has her sights trained on Cruz. Anytime he opens his mouth recently she is quick in with a putdown.

And long may it continue.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Michael Flynn's brother was involved in slow walking the response to the coup attempt, something the Army initially denied:

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1352070911591997445

• Registered Users Posts: 40,323 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Leroy42 wrote: »
    AOC really has her sights trained on Cruz. Anytime he opens his mouth recently she is quick in with a putdown.

To be fair it is like shooting at a barn door when it comes to putting down Cruz. The guy is a moron and doesn't care who knows.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,367 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

To be fair it is like shooting at a barn door when it comes to putting down Cruz. The guy is a moron and doesn't care who knows.

Morons attract morons. Hence Cruz's popularity amongst diehard Trumpists. Aithníonn ciaróg ciaróg eile.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,429 ✭✭✭francois

duploelabs wrote: »
    I'd love to know who has what on him and Lindsey Graham

Cough *lady Graham* cough

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Yep, and I’m here for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,226 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

francois wrote: »
    Cough *lady Graham* cough

Oh I know that, and it seems everyone does, but compromising information is devalued the more people who know it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭WrenBoy

She needs to focus her followers attention on another target after she got heavy criticism for not pushing for a vote on Medicare for All when Pelosi was up for the Speakers position. Its basic politics.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,270 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

I don't think it is that. AS you say, its a pretty open secret.

However, I get the impression, based on nothing more than my own feelings I might add, that Lindsey is not particularly liked and thus he needs something or someone to cling to. He doesn't strike me as the smartest tool in the box and so he doesn't really have much to offer.

I'm sure he is perfectly fine at being a representative to his state, but I get the feeling that he wants a national platform but realises that on his won he can never have that.

I recall reading an article a while back about Graham and it described him as the "Remora fish of Politics".

He is a weak empty vessel and needs to cling to the Shark for protection and relevance.

Previously the big fish was John McCain so he hung around him and echoed his talking points etc.

Then McCain left and the shark was now Trump , so he just attached himself to the new GOP Apex Predator and started parroting his talking points instead.

The content or tone of those talking points is utterly irrelevant to Graham , he just needs to keep his "host" happy so he can survive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,880 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Meanwhile at the Border Cages, everyone is free

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

where is the humour in locking children in cages? Does that give you a kick?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,226 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

giphy.gif

Yet some children still separated from their parents thanks to trump

Politics is not supposed to be entertainment ffs, do you think hundreds of thousands of dead people is entertaining?

Yes, that was the point I was trying to make

• Registered Users Posts: 35,880 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

where is the humour in locking children in cages? Does that give you a kick?

No, Not even sure if Biden has opened those cages yet. But one would think he'd have done it by now. But no news of it yet, hope he does, but then it's him and Obama that build those cages and started that whole thing.

No, Not even sure if Biden has opened those cages yet. But one would think he'd have done it by now. But no news of it yet, hope he does, but then it's him and Obama that build those cages and started that whole thing.

that has been explained to you many times already.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4 ologir

Wow. 1 Day and Biden has already beaten Trump on the economy. DOW reaches an all time high.

Lets see if he can reduce unemployment after Trump allowing it to see its biggest rise.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

that has been explained to you many times already.

But he has a serious problem with facts, so he’s best ignored at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,897 ✭✭✭Christy42

I imagine a lot of work needs to be done to fulfill those court orders to reunite them with their parents. Sending a horde of kids onto the streets by themselveswill not help their quality of life as you seem to be suggesting will not help them.

Shame the republicans won't do anything to stop illegal immigration. Obama doing what must be done to protect Americans.

• Advertisement

Yes ! Biden is president!!

I for one can't wait for racism/sexism/Islamaphobia to be solved in the next 4 years!!

Why wait 4 years? You can stop posting today.

Also you'll have 8 more years ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,525 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Yes ! Biden is president!!

I for one can't wait for racism/sexism/Islamaphobia to be solved in the next 4 years!!

Bless your simple mind. You don't get it do you. Biden can't and won't cure all cases of racism/sexism/Islamaphobia but the difference between him and the last guy is the holder of the most powerful office in the world will 'want' to stop racism/sexism/islamaphobia instead of being a practitioner of racism/sexism/islamaphobia.

That is why so many people hated Trump, and are delighted to see Biden be inaugurated yesterday. It's not the second coming of Jesus Christ. Covid is still a massive issue. Corporations in the US are still going to have huge influence on policy. The clock is still ticking on the climate issue. But yesterday was a single step forward which finally came after 4 years of giant leaps backwards.

An added bonus for me is watching the people who have the same ideals and motivations as Trump be so ticked off on here at watching it all fall apart for him. Don't come back here in 4 years and tell us that 'Oh your hero Biden didn't fix everything', like, duh, no sh*t sherlock. If Biden does get ill and has to step back or down in the next 2 months, he'll still have done the most important thing of his career in getting Trump out of that office.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Can't blame her, he has gone after her a few times, and he was instrumental in inciting a mob to murder her.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,559 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Bless your simple mind. You don't get it do you. Biden can't and won't cure all cases of racism/sexism/Islamaphobia but the difference between him and the last guy is the holder of the most powerful office in the world will 'want' to stop racism/sexism/islamaphobia instead of being a practitioner of racism/sexism/islamaphobia.....

100%

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭joseywhales

ologir wrote: »
    Wow. 1 Day and Biden has already beaten Trump on the economy. DOW reaches an all time high.

Lets see if he can reduce unemployment after Trump allowing it to see its biggest rise.

Listen, we don't need to be like republicans, the ups and downs of the S&P are not an indicator of the president's economic performance, real sustainable economic planning takes years to implement(perhaps multiple administrations) and may not be felt until years after an administration. Real economic planning includes things like funding public schools, which wont affect the economy for 10 or more years.....but is very much required.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,391 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Yes, that was the point I was trying to make

Sounds like backpedalling to me. You said that you found him entertaining and that helped get you through the pandemic

But between the bungled US federal govt response to the pandemic, mass hate rallies, immigrants in cages, and many other things, this "entertainer" has damaged or curtailed the lives of hundreds of thousands of people. He has made the world a more divided and more dangerous place. I think you should stick to Netflix for your entertainment tbh

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,525 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

ologir wrote: »

Sigh.... Oh look an new account
    You do understand that Covid has hit employment worldwide

• Registered Users Posts: 82,187 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Sigh.... Oh look an new account
    You do understand that Covid has hit employment worldwide

And the Dow is at an all time high whilst Trump oversaw the worst jobs performance of any president in history. Huh.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,270 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Overheal wrote: »
    And the Dow is at an all time high whilst Trump oversaw the worst jobs performance of any president in history. Huh.

You know I'm starting to think that maybe the connection between the Stock Market and the Economy isn't as strong as some people claimed..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,315 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Quin_Dub wrote: »
    You know I'm starting to think that maybe the connection between the Stock Market and the Economy isn't as strong as some people claimed..

I think in general the stock market trends up so most presidents are going to see highs. It’s a dumb metric

Advertisement