Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joe Biden Presidency thread *Please read OP - Threadbanned Users Added 4/5/21*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Character Building

Poet getting a lot of plaudits , thought it was a bit child like to be honest

Off our knees we will climb
    More of love and less of crime
    Hear my world they are sublime
    Who would like a slice of lime
    Yes you see my words are rhyme
    And if we fail there will be crying
    Life's not easy, but don't stop trying
    Biden's honest, and Trump was lying

Agreed. She was quite good but the reaction and fawning over her is way over the top. If it was a 14 year old who wrote and delivered a poem like that I'd be impressed - but this was a grown woman.

Anderson Cooper when interviewing her was encouraging a presidential run in 20 years' time.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,237 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Water John wrote: »
    Must be something about girls, young women that

trigger some people? Greta, Alexandria and now Amanda.
    Bonus hate if they're dark skinned.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,135 ✭✭✭✭Water John

With the name Amanda Gorman we're claiming her.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭Rezident

Encouraging to see Joe undoing some of the unnecessary damage but he has a seemingly impossible task. America is now so deeply divided I don't see that it can or will be fixed, realistically.

And it is not getting better, it is getting worse. What is it about human nature, that once an empire is too successful for too long (c. 250 years) that it just destroys itself?

But good luck Joe and Up the Irish while it lasts!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,554 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Ted Cruz is far from a moron, which makes his tweets even worse.

Rather than riling up idiots through his own ignorance, he is knowingly doing so. He knows what he is posting is absolute bollocks, but it is bollocks that serves a purpose.

He has decided to go down (or continue down) that road of simply riling up idiots. Hopefully not too many other Republicans follow, but knowing the votes are there must be very tempting, especially as Trump's voting figures show that it doesn't mean you lose the mainstream Republican vote either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,551 ✭✭✭✭briany

osarusan wrote: »
    Ted Cruz is far from a moron, which makes his tweets even worse.

Rather than riling up idiots through his own ignorance, he is knowingly doing so. He knows what he is posting is absolute bollocks, but it is bollocks that serves a purpose.

He has decided to go down (or continue down) that road of simply riling up idiots. Hopefully not too many other Republicans follow, but knowing the votes are there must be very tempting, especially as Trump's voting figures show that it doesn't mean you lose the mainstream Republican vote either.

Another one to back up the old joke,

Why do so many people take an instant dislike to Ted Cruz?

Because it just saves time.

Joe Biden has asked for unity going forward let's give it a shot eh?

That's not going to be easy when a large proportion off Americans are living in lala land. There's no meeting QAnon in the middle, for example. Those sorts of eejits need to sort their shít out. It's not for the grownups to pander to their juvenile nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,072 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

I think there's something wrong with this lady:

Water John wrote: »
    With the name Amanda Gorman we're claiming her.

Depends on how she got the name, I suppose.

That's not going to be easy when a large proportion off Americans are living in lala land. There's no meeting QAnon in the middle, for example. Those sorts of eejits need to sort their shít out. It's not for the grownups to pander to their juvenile nonsense.

Right on cue.

namloc1980 wrote: »

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,518 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

I know Ted knows what the Paris Climate accord is but that reads like he thinks it's about Paris and the clapping seals will think that too. And then they'll drive home in their gas guzzlers, open up their twitternator accounts and blast Biden for selling America out to those commie Pareeeeesians.
    Ted is starting early trying to soak up Trump supporters for his next run.
    Muahahaha wrote: »
    Without doubt thats what his idoitic tweet about Parisians was all about today, it was completely aimed at Trumps base. Its easy to forget that Cruz has a degree from Harvard Law School and a Masters from Princeton. So unless he bribed his way in he is a smart enough guy. His whole grift now though is not to act like it in order to appeal to the poorly educated voters that loved Trump so much.

That's exactly it. It's a campaign email Subject line heading. 'Biden chooses Paris over Pittsburgh'. The same with McCarthy's comment to the media about providing a pathway for aliens to gain immigration status that Biden is choosing immigrants over Americans.

It's going to be a constant line from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,613 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Republicans Jan 19th 'we need unity and to heal the country'
    Republicans Jan 21st 'Lets try to impeach Biden 24 hours after he took office'

Sounds like backpedalling to me. You said that you found him entertaining and that helped get you through the pandemic

But between the bungled US federal govt response to the pandemic, mass hate rallies, immigrants in cages, and many other things, this "entertainer" has damaged or curtailed the lives of hundreds of thousands of people. He has made the world a more divided and more dangerous place. I think you should stick to Netflix for your entertainment tbh

Silver linings

I see #BidenErasedWomen is trending on Twitter as I said this morning this isn't going to end well for Biden

https://twitter.com/Nemaipa/status/1352266814504509443?s=19

Strange that it's mainly with English people that it's trending.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,739 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Republicans Jan 19th 'we need unity and to heal the country'
    Republicans Jan 21st 'Lets try to impeach Biden 24 hours after he took office'

It really does make them look utterly stupid. Without Trump they need to make mountains out of molehills. My Sedition-caucus congressman is complaining about the immigration reform bill he wants to introduce - not for its merits, more the fact that he isn't first introducing a new $15 minimum wage bill :D as if he'd support that either!
    Well, here we go folks. It wasn’t even 24 hours after Joe Biden was sworn in as President of the United States that his Administration unveiled a massive amnesty bill. Yes – you heard that right, and that should really tell you something. The first legislation President Biden is proposing out of the gate isn’t about COVID-19, raising wages for American workers, or creating jobs. It’s about giving 11 million illegal immigrants amnesty – the complete opposite of “America First."

I think Fauci deserves a hell of a lot of respect for sticking it out for the last year. Always did it for the public good which is something the rest of the Trump administration were not doing.

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1352366677237911555?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 12,827 ✭✭✭✭flazio

CNN are going to be keeping tabs on her and on Ted Cruz.

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/01/21/politics/fact-check-marjorie-taylor-greene-twitter-election-capitol/index.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 838 ✭✭✭The_Brood

One thing I wish Biden well on is his faith. It's a lose-lose situation really. He is participating in all these sincere expressions, prayers, ceremonies of faith, but A) many of his 'base' ignore it/think it's a sham as in he's just doing it to appease the other side, or is 'just raised that way' or whatever and B) the opposing side think he's a traitor/not actually religious because he disagrees with them on social issues.

Pretty much like Obama, and Jimmy Carter (I think no one ever accused Bill of being too much of a believer).

• Registered Users Posts: 15,484 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

I think Fauci deserves a hell of a lot of respect for sticking it out for the last year. Always did it for the public good which is something the rest of the Trump administration were not doing.

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1352366677237911555?s=19

I disagree. He put his own job and position ahead of the lives of others.

Sure, he would have been fired but maybe he would have started something. Instead he kept quiet.

Imagine if he had spoken up at a pressor and just told the truth. POTUS you haven't a clue, you aren't doing your job.

And even since the election, when clearly Trump did nothing, he did nothing.

He took the risk that Trump would get reelected by stating quiet.

I'm sure the man is well meaning, and I'm not saying I would do differently in the same predicament, but at the very moment his career had led to he, IMO, failed

Overheal wrote: »
    It really does make them look utterly stupid. Without Trump they need to make mountains out of molehills. My Sedition-caucus congressman is complaining about the immigration reform bill he wants to introduce - not for its merits, more the fact that he isn't first introducing a new $15 minimum wage bill :D as if he'd support that either!

Im just surprised that we havent yet heard anything from Republicans about the deficit. Though with a $1.9tn relief bill on the way I suspect it wont be long until they are howling about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭nolivesmatter

Ridiculous thing to do, but Democrats must be happy that Trump has inspired the self-immolation of so many Republicans.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭dam099

Wow that's fast :eek:. Biden is clearly better than Trump, one day in the job and he already committed an impeachable offence, it took Trump a whole 2 1/2 years to do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭nolivesmatter

Maybe its some kind of petty attempt at giving Biden the record of being president to have the quickest submission for impeachment. Beyond that I can't imagine why she'd do, it obviously won't amount to anything.

Surely she can be countered now for 'miss use of power' or something along those lines.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Beyond that I can't imagine why she'd do, it obviously won't amount to anything.

I can.

Because she’s a deluded fool.

From her video in the tweet its clear she just did it for her own PR and to raise her profile among Republican voters. Any member of Congress can just fill out the impeachment forms and submit them, it doesnt actually mean anything of substance if you cant get the votes.

But doing it right now when millions of voters genuinely believe that the election was stolen is an opportune time to do it. When she is back up for re-election no doubt she'll be using it as part of her campaign. Its sad really but thats politicking for you.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

I love how Jen Psaki looks like a bastion of knowledge of everything compared to the sh*t show briefings of the last four years.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,739 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

We are *checks notes* 33.18 hours into the Biden presidency and the fake news media is wasting no time

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1352436221885231104?s=21

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

First riots of President Bidens term coming from left wing protesters.

Not a Make America Great Again cap to be seen.

Mike Baker (@ByMikeBaker) Tweeted:
    The Portland crowd has now gone to the local headquarters of the Democratic Party, smashing windows and writing "**** Biden" https://t.co/N01iXhyWll https://twitter.com/ByMikeBaker/status/1352042120106762240?s=20

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/21/us/protests-portland-seattle-biden.html

• Registered Users Posts: 21,518 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

First riots of President Bidens term coming from left wing protesters.

Not a Make America Great Again cap to be seen.

Mike Baker (@ByMikeBaker) Tweeted:
    The Portland crowd has now gone to the local headquarters of the Democratic Party, smashing windows and writing "**** Biden" https://t.co/N01iXhyWll https://twitter.com/ByMikeBaker/status/1352042120106762240?s=20

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/21/us/protests-portland-seattle-biden.html

Guess that puts to bed the rumours pushed by Matt Gaetz and others that the Democrats in Congress were directing these people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

The GOP is an embarrassment at this stage.

The sane part of America knows this.

Never trust anyone who votes GOP from here on in folks.

Advertisement