Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What does the future hold for Donald Trump? - threadbans in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,342 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

CNN all day saying that even holding an impeachment trial in senate is bad idea...

Guys you can't just sweep thus stuff under carpet and forget about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Mod

Off topic posts deleted.

There is a thread to discuss Bidens presidency.

This is for Trump's life outside the White House

• Registered Users Posts: 18,087 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Wonder if we will see Trump to rally the troops(his band of followers in this case)under the banner of olde.

No taxation without representation.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,726 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

So I found this nonsense.

Be ready for at least a couple more months of Q denial

https://www.reddit.com/r/PublicFreakout/comments/l12wkc/the_united_states_has_been_a_corporation_since/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

It's a woman on a projector telling the quislings that Trump will be sworn in March, per the pre-20th Amendment date in the Constitution, and that 'The USA is a corporation of London' something something and so that means Trump will actually be the 19th president something something. Bonkers stuff. I'm sure Trump will love this.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,654 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Overheal wrote: »
    So I found this nonsense.

Be ready for at least a couple more months of Q denial

https://www.reddit.com/r/PublicFreakout/comments/l12wkc/the_united_states_has_been_a_corporation_since/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

It's a woman on a projector telling the quislings that Trump will be sworn in March, per the pre-20th Amendment date in the Constitution, and that 'The USA is a corporation of London' something something and so that means Trump will actually be the 19th president something something. Bonkers stuff. I'm sure Trump will love this.

The problem with that is the same as all the other storm theories like the inauguration was going to be a mass arrest event. It didnt happen, the national guard and military have not taken charge.

Im really fascinated by this one though, ive never heard this deep a level of the sovereign citizen stuff ie the US is a corporation, the gold fringed flag etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,460 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

I'm still waiting for action from donny's trojan hore.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,726 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

VinLieger wrote: »
    The problem with that is the same as all the other storm theories like the inauguration was going to be a mass arrest event. It didnt happen, the national guard and military have not taken charge.

Im really fascinated by this one though, ive never heard this deep a level of the sovereign citizen stuff ie the US is a corporation, the gold fringed flag etc.

It’s been addressed by the court system many times apparently:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tax_protester_conspiracy_arguments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,433 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

rossie1977 wrote: »
    CNN all day saying that even holding an impeachment trial in senate is bad idea...

Guys you can't just sweep thus stuff under carpet and forget about it.
    It's done now.
    Biden is in the white house and the media can fawn over him.
    They are not going to impeach in the senate as there's no point. They won't get the 2/3 majority needed,

Trump will likely retreat to maralago for a while and consider his options. I wouldnt be ruling out a 2024 run. Either for trump directly, or, less likely, a trump supported candidate.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,189 ✭✭✭This is it

It's great to see the lack of posts in this thread, Trump is now irrelevant.

Overheal wrote: »
    It’s been addressed by the court system many times apparently:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tax_protester_conspiracy_arguments

I love the judge's summation in the case about what the gold fringed flag means:

"Unfortunately for Defendant Greenstreet, decor is not a determinant for jurisdiction"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Tippex

ELM327 wrote: »
    It's done now.
    They are not going to impeach in the senate as there's no point. They won't get the 2/3 majority needed,

Trump will likely retreat to maralago for a while and consider his options. I wouldnt be ruling out a 2024 run. Either for trump directly, or, less likely, a trump supported candidate.

from a purely strategic position the Republican would be much better off voting to convict trump as if that happens he cannot hold public office. This would mean that they reduce the risk of him setting up a party that will rip into the Rep vote in 4 years time. Whereas if he was to run again against both dems and Reps the Reps are the ones that will suffer.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,484 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

It's done now.

Trump is not going to set up his own party. THe whole set up of US politics almost rules it out.

Many of his supporters, so we are led to believe anyway, did not agree with everything Trump did or said but got behind him because of what he could deliver from them from the position of POTUS.

If he sets up his own party, he will take votes away from the GOP, but not all of them. Lets be generous and say 80% (the % doesn't actually matter). Whichever way it is split, the Dems walk into power, and probably take full control of the house and senate. Thus the SCOTUS.

So whilst Trump supporters may indeed have been sucked in by the marketing, they are also aware that voting for Trmp party would almost guarantee that they loose any possibility of getting anything they want.

Of course you will have the die hards, just as the left do, but the vast majority know that the GOP is the only path to getting anything close to what they want.

That is not to say he won't try (although after watching him yesterday I really doubt it). But just like almost everything else Trump has put his hand to it will be a failure.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,796 ✭✭✭Did you smash it

Leroy42 wrote: »
    Trump is not going to set up his own party. THe whole set up of US politics almost rules it out.

Many of his supporters, so we are led to believe anyway, did not agree with everything Trump did or said but got behind him because of what he could deliver from them from the position of POTUS.

If he sets up his own party, he will take votes away from the GOP, but not all of them. Lets be generous and say 80% (the % doesn't actually matter). Whichever way it is split, the Dems walk into power, and probably take full control of the house and senate. Thus the SCOTUS.

So whilst Trump supporters may indeed have been sucked in by the marketing, they are also aware that voting for Trmp party would almost guarantee that they loose any possibility of getting anything they want.

Of course you will have the die hards, just as the left do, but the vast majority know that the GOP is the only path to getting anything close to what they want.

That is not to say he won't try (although after watching him yesterday I really doubt it). But just like almost everything else Trump has put his hand to it will be a failure.

Ultimately the trumps need to make a living. What do the kids do? Are they independently wealthy? Probably not. Building a political dynasty is a route to power and riches. They’ll have their followers who believe their lies so I think they’ll do well.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,013 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

I like the way that whether trump is in the white house or not, it is still the media's fault.
    Trump will likely retreat to maralago for a while and consider his options.

He may have issues with his neighbours. It is not supposed to be used as a residence.
    This is it wrote: »
    It's great to see the lack of posts in this thread, Trump is now irrelevant.

I was thinking that this morning
    Leroy42 wrote: »
    Trump is not going to set up his own party.

It'll be another grift, like "Stop the steal". He will milk his gullible supporters for all they are worth. Sell them cheap tat he had made in China (Make america great again!) and laugh behind their backs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭basill

Now he is no longer president no doubt he will be back to court with the Town of Palm Beach authorities.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mar-a-Lago#Use_as_a_Trump_residence

And then there are the various other civil actions against him that were on hold whilst he was serving and unable to be tried. And that is without the impeachment and whatever falls out as a result of that. He will be busy.

Some of the following list are still ongoing.....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_lawsuits_involving_Donald_Trump

The following article goes into the current NYC investigations of Trump...

https://www.npr.org/2020/11/20/937044524/once-out-of-office-trump-faces-significant-legal-peril?t=1611248028113

• Registered Users Posts: 12,822 ✭✭✭✭flazio

I've thought of a job that the rioters could do in prison. They could shred the cheese for subway sandwiches.
    It'd be their way to Make America Grate Again.

About the only thing he has been good for over the last few years, a handy arsehole and mental issues barometer.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,924 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Tippex wrote: »
    from a purely strategic position the Republican would be much better off voting to convict trump as if that happens he cannot hold public office. This would mean that they reduce the risk of him setting up a party that will rip into the Rep vote in 4 years time. Whereas if he was to run again against both dems and Reps the Reps are the ones that will suffer.

Exactly. The Republicans have an awful lot to lose if Trump decides to try and set up a new party. It's a possibility, but I can't really see it going down, I have to admit. He might gain a little financially, but he'd be better off going a different route. He has an audience there, a pretty mindless one, that sucks on baseless conspiracy theories and sensationalist gibberish. They'd be good for a few bob yet. But I think that stream of revenue would be limited if Trump set up a new political party that would definitely fail to make any real headway. A Breitbart style media org, on the other hand...

Either way, I'm sure the Republicans have plenty of "spies" out at the moment trying to figure out what Trump's next serious move is though. They must be shitting themselves at the moment. The potential for Trump to damage that party is very real.

flazio wrote: »
    I've thought of a job that the rioters could do in prison. They could shred the cheese for subway sandwiches.
    It'd be their way to Make America Grate Again.

Gouda grief

• Registered Users Posts: 25,409 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Tony EH wrote: »
    Exactly. The Republicans have an awful lot to lose if Trump decides to try and set up a new party. It's a possibility, but I can't really see it going down, I have to admit. He might gain a little financially, but he'd be better off going a different route. He has an audience there, a pretty mindless one, that sucks on baseless conspiracy theories and sensationalist gibberish. They'd be good for a few bob yet. But I think that stream of revenue would be limited if Trump set up a new political party that would definitely fail to make any real headway. A Breitbart style media org, on the other hand...

Either way, I'm sure the Republicans have plenty of "spies" out at the moment trying to figure out what Trump's next serious move is though. They must be shitting themselves at the moment. The potential for Trump to damage that party is very real.

The way they "abandoned" him at the end and Trump being a petty vindictive individual is certainly a recipe for him to do this on purpose just for revenge.

• Advertisement

The way they "abandoned" him at the end and Trump being a petty vindictive individual is certainly a recipe for him to do this on purpose just for revenge.

I have no doubt, whatsoever, that it has crossed his mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,609 ✭✭✭yagan

Another very important reason for Trumpanzees to feel totally betrayed by Trump is that without a pardon for the insurrection he incited many gun nuts may lose their right to firearms permits.

The militias aren't going to tip their hand if it means losing their weapons.

yagan wrote: »
    ... Trumpanzees ...

I like it

• Registered Users Posts: 11,147 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Given that one of the reasons trump wanted the presidency was to undo Obamas's work because he was mean to him at the whcd, so I'd say he's definitely going to try to ruin the gop

Charges being brought to Senate this weekend apparently.

https://twitter.com/PunchbowlNews/status/1352340201675358214?s=20

This lawyer had better get a payment on account.

^
    That's a joke surely.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,164 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

everlast75 wrote: »

the first thing in the bin I reckon, assuming trump didn't take it along with the best silverware.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,164 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Tony EH wrote: »
    ^
    That's a joke surely.

it seems the button did exist. https://apnews.com/article/067c47d11b9b406f8221656102400b19

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭maebee

Advertisement