Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What does the future hold for Donald Trump? - threadbans in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭dwayneshintzy

Das Reich wrote: »
    Considering the Trump figures are just for Afghanistan then yes, they were higher than under Obama. Have you total figures.for bombing by the US military around the world in 2019? Or any year of Trump's Presidency?

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Das Reich

Living aside that what Obama was doing was carrying on wars started by Bush and then intervened when Gadaffi was bombing his own civilians and what Clinton was to intervene to stop genocide being carried out in the former Yugoslavia it's worth point out that neither them or most other US Presidents attempted to incite an uprising at home as Trump did.

Like I said before, who cares what happens INSIDE usa? Never lived there, and my country had BIG problems with american interference. I am more worried about what they do outside. And since you mentioned Gadaffi, then Lybia is more peaceful now is it? Iraq? Afghanistan?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,691 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Feisar wrote: »
    Nobel Peace Prize? As the first US President that hasn't started a war(s) since...

People in Yemen might say otherwise. Which war did Obama start

People in Yemen might say otherwise. Which war did Obama start

One of the answer is on your first sentence lol. Mr. dwayneshintzy can help you.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,287 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Trump looked in ill health earlier

Maybe it was the early rise (he wasn’t used to). But Jasus he looked ropey.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭I Am The Law

I don't care.

Living aside that what Obama was doing was carrying on wars started by Bush and then intervened when Gadaffi was bombing his own civilians and what Clinton was to intervene to stop genocide being carried out in the former Yugoslavia it's worth point out that neither them or most other US Presidents attempted to incite an uprising at home as Trump did.
    Bollocks. Bush bombed four countries, Obama bombed seven.

You will not whitewash the crimes against humanity that Obama committed.

It's abhorrent for Gaddafi to bomb his own people but perfectly fine for Uncle Sam to do so?

Obama turned Libya from the most prosperous nation in Africa into a hellhole, with open slave markets in the streets.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭dwayneshintzy

One of the answer is on your first sentence lol. Mr. dwayneshintzy can help you.
    Yep, sure can! Trump has dramatically increased US involvement in Yemen;

Trump vetoes measure to end US involvement in Yemen war

Trump may have bombed Yemen more than all previous US presidents combined, new report finds

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

I never ever want to hear the term Fake News again. He was the main one with the lies and half truths - lets banish Mr Tangerine Man to history, never to be repeated

Fake News made Trump, Trump didn't make fake news.

Again the same link? Then I do the same question. What war was there before 2014? And that poster martingriff was asking what war did Obama created. Come on answer him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,724 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

It's abhorrent for Gaddafi to bomb his own people but perfectly fine for Uncle Sam to do so?

Obama turned Libya from the most prosperous nation in Africa into a hellhole, with open slave markets in the streets.

Obama bombed Iraq, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Libya, Yemen, and Somalia

Trump bombed, Iraq, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Libya, Yemen, and Somalia, and at much greater frequency than his predecessors.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,518 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

I'm surprised you didn't blame Obama for 9/11 here.

Civil war had already broken out in Libya when the US, under a UN resolution got involved. To say that Obama is therefore responsible for all actions in Libya since then is nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,072 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Why aren't you getting your knickers in a twist over the countries Trump bombed? Bit weird to ignore him and focus on others only.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 20,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

I don't know where he'll end up. But I imagine he's currently snorting coke off a hookers back while Mel is talking to a divorce lawyer.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

Overheal wrote: »

Trump bombed, Iraq, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Libya, Yemen, and Somalia, and at much greater frequency than his predecessors.

I wasn't addressing Trump. But, seeing as you brought him up, **** him too.

I was addressing the bollocks notion of "Poor Barack, sure what could he do, his hands were tied when he inherited wars from Dubya."

• Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Brian? wrote: »
    I don't know where he'll end up. But I imagine he's currently snorting coke off a hookers back while Mel is talking to a divorce lawyer.

Must be some craic being his secret service detail. :D

I was addressing the bollocks notion of "Poor Barack, sure what could he do, his hands were tied when he inherited wars from Dubya."

What version of history have you been watching? The Fox news one, or the real world one?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 20,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

BattleCorp wrote: »
    Must be some craic being his secret service detail. :D

I'd say it's savage craic alright, 2nd go on as many coked up hookers as you want.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

Sure. You just mentioned Obama in a Trump thread for no apparent comparative reason. Jog on then. :pac:

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Why aren't you getting your knickers in a twist over the countries Trump bombed? Bit weird to ignore him and focus on others only.
    Because I joined the discussion when someone was attempting to shine Obama's halo. That was the post I addressed for **** sake, why would I randomly bring up Trump? Clinton was mentioned in the post and I ignored him.

**** TRUMP. **** OBAMA. **** BUSH.

All warmongers.

• Advertisement

Do you ever read your links? Click at the one about Pakistan, surprise surprise:

"
    It is the longest halt of strikes in Pakistan since the campaign began in 2004. It surpassed the nine-month pause that began at the end of the Obama administration continuing into the early Trump administration months ago."

Perhaps you missed where in all, Trump dropped more bombs than either Bush or Obama.

He still attacked 7 countries. What goalpost shall we shift to next?

Sure. You just mentioned Obama in a Trump thread for no apparent comparative reason. Jog on then. :pac:

This is the post I replied to.
    Leaving aside that what Obama was doing was carrying on wars started by Bush and then intervened when Gadaffi was bombing his own civilians and what Clinton was to intervene to stop genocide being carried out in the former Yugoslavia it's worth point out that neither them or most other US Presidents attempted to incite an uprising at home as Trump did.

I didn't just pluck Obama out of me arse.

The link tou provided about Iraq was about the air strike against Solemaini, how is that "much greater frequency than his predecessors?

Link about Syria, only for WP subscribers. Link about Pakistan: one year without drone strikes.

From the link about Afghanistan:

"Trump has pushed for a smaller U.S. troop presence in Afghanistan, a reduction to 8,600, one of the lowest points in the history of the war. In 2011, the number of U.S. troops swelled to nearly 100,000 and dipped to 8,300 in 2017."

From the link about Lybia:

"US strikes Libya for first time under Trump" (24/09/2017 many months after he got into presidency.

From the same link:

"The last US airstrike in Libya was carried out on January 19, the day before Trump was inaugurated, part of a mission ordered by then-President Barack Obama that targeted ISIS operatives that were "plotting attacks in Europe," according to the Department of Defense."

So Obama bombed Lybia till his very last day.

I'm surprised you didn't blame Obama for 9/11 here.

Civil war had already broken out in Libya when the US, under a UN resolution got involved. To say that Obama is therefore responsible for all actions in Libya since then is nonsense.

Thats v.misrepresntive....the US,m and brits were openly stirring the pot in libya,(for historical reasons) during the arab spring

To have them wipe their hands of what happened in libya (and syria) is every bit as dishonest as trump fans wiping their hands of the rioters in washington other day

From the same link:

"The last US airstrike in Libya was carried out on January 19, the day before Trump was inaugurated, part of a mission ordered by then-President Barack Obama that targeted ISIS operatives that were "plotting attacks in Europe," according to the Department of Defense."

So Obama bombed Lybia till his very last day.

So you've a problem with Obama targeting operatives who were plotting attacks in Europe?

Is that what you're saying?

Thats v.misrepresntive....the US,m and brits were openly stirring the pot in libya,(for historical reasons) during the arab spring

To have them wipe their hands of what happened in libya (and syria) is every bit as dishonest as trump fans wiping their hands of the rioters in washington other day

Ah I get it, this is part of the 'Both sides are as bad as each other' narrative being used on various platforms and on this site to try to show Trumps actions in a better light.

So you've a problem with Obama targeting operatives who were plotting attacks in Europe?

Is that what you're saying?

Honestly, I will not answer this very weak point. Wait the other posters to answer.

Honestly, I will not answer this very weak point. Wait the other posters to answer.

You quoted a specific point. And are now running from it. That's an answer in itself.

how is that "much greater frequency than his predecessors?

Click the links: https://www.2lt.com.au/trump-who-vowed-to-end-wars-has-dropped-more-bombs-than-bush-or-obama/

• Advertisement

Ah I get it, this is part of the 'Both sides are as bad as each other' narrative being used on various platforms and on this site to try to show Trumps actions in a better light.

Its part of no narrative.....trump is a ghoul, done plenty wrong,fcuked over the kurds,who actually lead the fight vs isis

But to wipe US and UK hands,particularly obama and cameroon of the mess,they made by interfering in libya and syria in particular is mind-boggling

The world is alot safer to have americans at each others throats at home,than interfering in what are in reality,only econmic reasons for war

Advertisement