Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The wimp list ...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,849 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

I live by the coast and yesterday ice on grass never melted in the garden, no ice visible this morning, so good to go I reckon

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭rolling boh

Saw a couple out around dublin 15 roads seem fine from driving so will go out for a wee spin around dunboyne area .Keep it handy and enjoy getting out after lockdown yesterday .

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,677 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

bit misty out there this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,910 ✭✭✭cletus

I've is largely gone here this morning, but there's a dog down. Might just wait and see does it burn off

• Registered Users Posts: 6,251 ✭✭✭secman

cletus wrote: »
    I've is largely gone here this morning, but there's a dog down. Might just wait and see does it burn off

I know what you are trying to say :)

• Advertisement

Very foggy out around Dunboyne will need your lights on

• Registered Users Posts: 7,910 ✭✭✭cletus

secman wrote: »
    I know what you are trying to say :)

The beauty of trying to type messages and feed your children at the same time :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

bazermc wrote: »
    Anybody out in Dublin cc and what is like? Seems much better then yesterday.

Bit late I know but its grand, at 5pm yesterday the car was frozen over in the garden, at midnight it was defrosted fully.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,637 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

bazermc wrote: »
    Anybody out in Dublin cc and what is like? Seems much better then yesterday.
    silverharp wrote: »
    I live by the coast and yesterday ice on grass never melted in the garden, no ice visible this morning, so good to go I reckon

Nice to get out this morning after a week of walking instead of cycling - the weighing scales tells that the walking doesn't really do it for me.

Are we through the icy spell now?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,677 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

still nearly a centimetre of ice on the garden pond this morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

Normality has been restored. Roads not icy just wet and filthy, runners in bike lanes and cars not giving 2mm of space never mind 2 meters.

Itching to get back up to the Park again but then saw this in this morning's Irish Times:
    "Prof Deasy said the public needed to reduce regular activity that may put them at risk so hospitals can cope with the surge in critical care treatment required to manage emergency coronavirus cases and urgent cancer care.
    'We are still seeing people falling off ladders and bicycles, and slipping on ice so we need people to be very mindfull' he said, warning that healthcare services were compromised "
    i can expect this message to get louder and louder over the coming days, despite the lack of ice. i'd say hospital is the last place you'll want to be soon, and one of the easiest ways of catching the pox.

Could well be a bit of a clampdown on various activities like cycling will become a bit antisocial to be brought to hospital after falling off a bike during a leisure spin .Am sure a few were in a&e over the last few days from a range of weekend pursuits sporting or D I Y .

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭tomasrojo

There is an elevated risk of falls when it's icy, but I suppose it depends on how much cycling you do and what type.

I seem to fall off the bike about once every 80,000km, so it's not really an activity that carries a high risk of me going to the hospital.

(All just utility stuff; no sporting stuff, no off-road)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,849 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

Could well be a bit of a clampdown on various activities like cycling will become a bit antisocial to be brought to hospital after falling off a bike during a leisure spin .Am sure a few were in a&e over the last few days from a range of weekend pursuits sporting or D I Y .

I doubt its on anyone's radar unless loads of people take up extreme mountain biking all of a sudden :pac:

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭JMcL

Haven't been on the bile this year yet, between the state of the roads for the past week (all the backroads were sheets of black ice where the sun didn't hit - and that's on the coast), and resting up a sprained ankle after going down in some mud walking the dog during the break.

Despite not having a fall resulting in much more than injuries to pride for the past decade, I'm minded with the current situation in hospitals (on the back of the Claire Byrne show last night if nothing else) to get the turbo back out for the duration. I'm sick to the teeth of my 5km semi-circle at this stage anyway, and my previous strategy of taking an hour when the kids left for school is now up the swanee

Went upstairs to get changed into cycling gear, came back down in my slippers and currently deciding if it's too early to open a beer.

Wimp....

Went upstairs to get changed into cycling gear, came back down in my slippers and currently deciding if it's too early to open a beer.

Wimp....

It wasn't too early BTW...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,832 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

I ate half a cake instead this evening :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭byrnem31

I was out in it coming home from work at 5pm. Got pissed on, soaked right through. There were other cyclist out also.

• Advertisement

eeeee wrote: »
    I ate half a cake instead this evening :eek:

My birthday, I have been spoiled rotten, Wagyu steak and Black Forest Gateau, my favourite

My birthday, I have been spoiled rotten, Wagyu steak and Black Forest Gateau, my favourite

It's my birthday too!
    I'm currently drinking wine and eating cheese from the packet.
    I gymmed for lunch today, that means you can have 2 dinners, cake and cheese doesn't it?!

It's my birthday too!
    I gymmed for lunch today, that means you can have 2 dinners, cake and cheese doesn't it?!

Happy birthday, you know we share a birthday with Dublin Airport?

And yes, two dinners!

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Happy birthday to you both!
    It's my birthday too!
    I can't help thinking of this...

fat.jpg

Happy birthday to you both!

I can't help thinking of this...

fat.jpg

Are you looking in eeeee's window?

Are you stalking me Seth?! :P

3 of my friends were also also born today. Only the best people arrived today!

And it's the day most people give up on their new year's resolutions. Here's to failure! :D

Here that picture could be me if I was left alone with a block of cheddar :D

I don't have a sweet tooth really but cheese is something I love and have to be disciplined about, like if we had a bag of grated stuff or even a block it would some for on the sandwich and some for my mouth.

I am also a big cheese lover. And dairy in general. I am the dairy queen.
    I ate a whole wedge of St. Agur these eve. And some good gouda. I'm gonna stop any minute now :pac:

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

I wasn't saying that was you in the pic - just that i was reminded if it.
    Personally I love cheese if it's from a cow. Hate the smell of sheep's and goat's cheeses - ugh. I adore blue cheese, especially if it is very mature - I find it hard to stop eating it. Had some St Agur earlier myself with some crackers but it is nicer with fresh baguette.

• Advertisement

I am also a big cheese lover. And dairy in general. I am the dairy queen.
    I ate a whole wedge of St. Agur these eve. And some good gouda. I'm gonna stop any minute now :pac:

Do they do the mini BabyBel Gouda here ???? Don't think I've ever seen it here and it was decent the few times I've had it when over there.

Be a nice snack with some crackers when out on a spin.

Advertisement