Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭rafi bomb

user302243 wrote: »
    What was the estimated delivery date? I'm wondering if they are padding them as all my estimated delivery dates are for 7+ days in the future. Previously it was mostly next day.

I ordered one Monday gone and delivery date was supposed to be this wed but is out for delivery now. There was no update from UK customs to arriving in the Dublin sorting place at 6am today and went out for delivery at 8

• Registered Users Posts: 16,749 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Most things I want to buy don't deliver to my Wexford address. Is this a brexit thing to or am I just unlucky lately?

is it worth it signing up with Amazon prime for amazon.es or amazon.de?

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭user302243

rafi bomb wrote: »
    I ordered one Monday gone and delivery date was supposed to be this wed but is out for delivery now. There was no update from UK customs to arriving in the Dublin sorting place at 6am today and went out for delivery at 8

Nice that gives me a bit of hope.

I have one order, placed on Friday 8th. Due for delivery Friday 15th. Was dispatched yesterday from Lauwin-Planque, Hauts-de-France FR.

My other order was placed on Saturday 9th. Due for delivery Monday 25th!

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭markest

Shlippery wrote:
    Still says ETA Jan 15, would be curious to see what steps happen between now and then or if I'll have it by end of the week.

Shlippery wrote:
    Tiny package ordered, under €20..first Amazon order of 2021. Ordered Jan 4 Dispatched Jan 6

FYI my original delivery est was 15 /1/2021
    Saturday, 9 January
    10:15 AM
    Delivered
    GREYSTONES,
    9:37 AM
    Out for delivery
    GREYSTONES,
    Friday, 8 January
    2:38 PM
    Parcel arrived at a carrier facility
    PARK WEST,
    Tuesday, 5 January
    10:48 PM
    Package departed an Amazon facility
    Dormagen, NW DE
    3:49 AM
    Package arrived at an Amazon facility

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Ronan Raver77

Some products i previously bought no longer delivering to my address.. Also previous products bought from seller Amazon EU S.a.r.L no longer available. Click to purchase again and no joy!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,277 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Some products i previously bought no longer delivering to my address.. Also previous products bought from seller Amazon EU S.a.r.L no longer available. Click to purchase again and no joy!!

Yep,a lot of grocery items now can't be delivered here. Comes down to the raw materials in those products and where they came from.

Very frustrating as not worth the postage that European amazon sites charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭apache

Got a couple of things on Amazon Prime last week and they won't be delivered for a while yet. My membership is due for renewal next week. Just wondering will things settle down or should I cancel it?

apache wrote: »
    Got a couple of things on Amazon Prime last week and they won't be delivered for a while yet. My membership is due for renewal next week. Just wondering will things settle down or should I cancel it?

Depends on what you buy often, pricing in my opinion isn't the issue as things are by and large the same price they used to be an Amazon charge yiu an all in price.

Biggest frustrations and concerns you need your think about are a) delayed deliveryvtimes which are hopefully temporary and b) stock availability now in a post brexit world which may not change.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,331 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

apache wrote:

Still worth it for anything under 22 Euro that you can wait for. It's like ignoring a 20% discount.

Ultimately it comes down to where you can buy locally very quickly vs save money by shopping online and waiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭apache

Thanks. I might hang onto it. I will have to decide tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,190 ✭✭✭jos28

Apologies if this was answered before - On Amazon Prime if an item is dispatched by Amazon does this mean it's coming from Rathcoole and not a UK delivery ?

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭user302243

jos28 wrote: »
    Apologies if this was answered before - On Amazon Prime if an item is dispatched by Amazon does this mean it's coming from Rathcoole and not a UK delivery ?

No, they hold no stock in Rathcoole.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭1huge1

harr wrote: »
    The Amazon Sunday deliveries are great .. ordered on Thursday and it just arrived. Will be be keeping my orders cost on the low side but definitely will try to order products with Amazon delivery from here on in

Thats really interesting, everything I've ordered has been pushed out twice at this stage, 3 seperate prime orders looking at over 10 days for delivery each (assuming they aren't pushed back again).

It doesn seem slightly out of Amazons control seeing all the dusruption going on with Brexit and shipping at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭sondagefaux

You can still buy from Northern Ireland without any customs or handling charges:
    BREXIT - SHIPPING UPDATE
    The Northern Ireland Protocol means that we are able to send items throughout the UK, Ireland and to other EU regions without the need for declarations or customs charges. Usual shipping rates apply - please read more here.

ABOUT US
    Founded by Laura McPolin in Banbridge, Northern Ireland

https://walkinwardrobeonline.com/pages/brexit-shipping-update

Ah the old days, previously the item I ordered yesterday would be dispatched by now and on its way.

The item hasn't even been dispatched yet - whatever about customs delays :(

Delivery due 24/1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Gooser14

Yes it has been done away with. You can no longer pay the post person at the door.

Well in my area (North Tipp) the post person is still taking cash. I had a parcel delivered last week which needed customs duty to be paid. The post person would have accepted cash but as I didn't have it on me I had to collect the parcel & pay the duty at my local post office.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Just a heads up for any Prime subscribers who feel hard done by, if you get on chat and quote items having two weeks delivery, you may get some prime subscriptions refunded. I got two months back last week when I gave out about an upcoming delivery due on the 21st.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Enrico Palazzo

Ah the old days, previously the item I ordered yesterday would be dispatched by now and on its way.

The item hasn't even been dispatched yet - whatever about customs delays :(

Delivery due 24/1
    Same here - and the only delivery option for several items I checked was "free standard delivery" - that's the one that takes days to even dispatch, even though they were prime eligible.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,169 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

I have not seen any real 2 day delivery in a long while.

Days to dispatch and than lying around in AnPost Dublin mail centre before crawling it’s way to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭bluestrattos

Nalz wrote: »
    Most things I want to buy don't deliver to my Wexford address. Is this a brexit thing to or am I just unlucky lately?

is it worth it signing up with Amazon prime for amazon.es or amazon.de?

A prime membership from Amazon.es or Amazon.de doesn't save you from the shipping fees :(

For both sites, the fees will range from 5€ up to 8€ for delivery, plus between 1.3€ to 2€ per kg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,482 ✭✭✭harr

1huge1 wrote: »
    Thats really interesting, everything I've ordered has been pushed out twice at this stage, 3 seperate prime orders looking at over 10 days for delivery each (assuming they aren't pushed back again).

It doesn seem slightly out of Amazons control seeing all the dusruption going on with Brexit and shipping at the moment.

I must be just getting lucky with my orders a couple have missed the delivery day but always arrived the day after.
    Now I have mostly picked items with Amazon delivery.
    Outside of Amazon I have awful problems with Hermes in U.K. from another site I use , I ordered something start of December and went missing run up to Christmas the company replaced item and shipped again and same as last time Hermes have lost it agin.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,372 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Originally Posted by Gadgetman496
    Yes it has been done away with. You can no longer pay the post person at the door.
    Gooser14 wrote: »
    Well in my area (North Tipp) the post person is still taking cash. I had a parcel delivered last week which needed customs duty to be paid. The post person would have accepted cash but as I didn't have it on me I had to collect the parcel & pay the duty at my local post office.
    An Post said it has built a new online portal to enable customers to pay charges in a few clicks and the item will be delivered as normal. Alternatively, customers can pay charges at any post office. Charges will no longer be collected at the door by postal delivery staff, it added.

Source:

https://www.rte.ie/news/business/2020/1229/1186872-an-post-brexit-plans/

-

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

I have not seen any real 2 day delivery in a long while.

Days to dispatch and than lying around in AnPost Dublin mail centre before crawling it’s way to me.

Havnt seen it since new years day.

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭wotswattage

Hi

I'm looking to buy a small kitchen appliance for just under £80, its UK made and Dispatched from and sold by Amazon.

What I am reading here on boards is very helpful but I just want to double check I won't be hit for any extra costs once the item arrives.

Am I right in saying the following?
    That items valued <€150 won't be subject to any extra duties? The total I see at checkout is the total I pay full stop (no extra delivery/clearance charges)?

That at checkout Amazon are showing the item excluding UK vat and using a deposit system to add an estimate of the Irish vat? See below a copy and paste of what it says in my basket:

Order Summary
    Items: £65.83
    Postage & Packing: £6.00
    Import Fees Deposit: £15.08
    Total: £86.91
    Promotion Applied: -£6.00
    Order Total: £80.91

I'm just hearing stories of couriers asking for customs fees when delivering, or packages being held pending charges bing paid, and for my item above it seems to be the exact same price as it was before Brexit :confused::confused:

Hi

I'm looking to buy a small kitchen appliance for just under £80, its UK made and Dispatched from and sold by Amazon.

What I am reading here on boards is very helpful but I just want to double check I won't be hit for any extra costs once the item arrives.

Am I right in saying the following?
    That items valued <€150 won't be subject to any extra duties? The total I see at checkout is the total I pay full stop (no extra delivery/clearance charges)?

That at checkout Amazon are showing the item excluding UK vat and using a deposit system to add an estimate of the Irish vat? See below a copy and paste of what it says in my basket:

Order Summary
    Items: £65.83
    Postage & Packing: £6.00
    Import Fees Deposit: £15.08
    Total: £86.91
    Promotion Applied: -£6.00
    Order Total: £80.91

I'm just hearing stories of couriers asking for customs fees when delivering, or packages being held pending charges bing paid, and for my item above it seems to be the exact same price as it was before Brexit :confused::confused:

With amazon (but not every website) the price you pay is all in. If there are extra duties you'll be charged that at the checkout (via the duties deposit amount), they break put the Irish VAT into that section too.

Order away with confidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭wotswattage

With amazon (but not every website) the price you pay is all in. If there are extra duties you'll be charged that at the checkout (via the duties deposit amount), they break put the Irish VAT into that section too.

Order away with confidence.

Great thanks, so the stories of couriers showing up asking for money are for products ordered from other sites!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Great thanks, so the stories of couriers showing up asking for money are for products ordered from other sites!
    Amazon have a prepayment setup in place and do their own customs clearance. It is possible that you could be hit if not an Amazon item, but even if it is an Amazon item and somehow it did get caught at some point, Amazon would refund you whatever you paid.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,504 ✭✭✭recyclebin

I've three orders placed on Amazon UK, one on 6th and two on 10th of January. The one on 6th was sold by Amazon EU S.a.r.L. and the other two orders are from the same third party seller.

All ordered with free delivery with Prime and all three showing delivery date of 25th January. Painfully slow!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Some the price Amazon show is the total I will pay? No extra customs charges later?

And it seems the only issue now is delivery time, will that improve soon?

• Advertisement

quarryman wrote: »
    Some the price Amazon show is the total I will pay? No extra customs charges later?

And it seems the only issue now is delivery time, will that improve soon?

Correct.

Hopefully on the delivery times, I had thought it was due to customs checks but stuff isn't even being dispatched within 24 hours like pre 1/1/21

Advertisement