Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Some Nature Pictures I Took Recently - II (Seasonal Photos)

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 12,072 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Goldfinch today in Kerry.

HY2KkOZ.jpg?1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭pottokblue

No pics but I saw 2/3 Herons in close proximity along the canal on the last day of 2020. Wishing everyone in this forum a happy nature lovin bird watchin twentytwentyone!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭lolie

One of the many blackbirds that stopped off for some food earlier today.
    ptr.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 314 ✭✭Mac-Chops

A pair of ring-necked parakeets dropped by the garden yesterday.

Quite abundant in and around London but unusual to see them here so likely some escapees that have learned the ropes?

Or maybe a few have had their Irish passports come through post-Brexit :pac:

wdE3cMf.jpg?1

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Odeta

All these photos are absolutely beautiful!
    What cameras would ye recommend for a complete novice with a love of capturing nature moments?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Tiercel Dave

Mac-Chops wrote: »
    A pair of ring-necked parakeets dropped by the garden yesterday.

Quite abundant in and around London but unusual to see them here so likely some escapees that have learned the ropes?

Or maybe a few have had their Irish passports come through post-Brexit :pac:
    ]

What part of the country are they in 'Chops', rough location if you don't want to be specific?.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 314 ✭✭Mac-Chops

What part of the country are they in 'Chops', rough location if you don't want to be specific?.....

They've been seen in and around Griffith Park in Drumcondra, Dublin over the last couple of years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭gzoladz

Odeta wrote: »
    What cameras would ye recommend for a complete novice with a love of capturing nature moments?

I use a bridge camera (bridge is a type of camera) as although it will not be deliver the same iq as a DSLR, the quality is still good enough for me, it is lighter, cheaper, more versatile and easier to use.

I do have a DSLR too, but now only use it very sporadically.

Lolie, I love your blackbird redberry photo. Is that popcorn leftover from when your Robin comesover to watch netflix in your hand?

pottokblue wrote: »
    Lolie, I love your blackbird redberry photo. Is that popcorn leftover from when your Robin comesover to watch netflix in your hand?

Haha.
    Thats holly berries, apple and porridge.
    He is my Netflix, between the tamer one sneaking past to come in the window and a new pair coming to the rose bush beside his he has his work cut out defending his territory.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭NEW WAVE

Robin
    JJxSYFJ.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 353 ✭✭walshtipp

Odeta wrote: »

I bought a Nikon D3500 last year and find it very good. I think it's a good entry to the world of photography and DSLR.

Lolie/Newwave, i for 1 can never get enough of robin pics, yearround they put a smile to my face!

Lolie/Newwave, i for 1 can never get enough of robin pics, yearround they put a smile to my face!

Few from earlier today.
    Robbie, same fella as the other pics from last week.
    rhdr.jpg

Bobby, has been coming in the house daily since early July.
    qrf.jpg

A new pair hanging around, must be mating up as they're the only robins that tolerate each other round here. Not tame at all.
    qrf.jpg
    oznorTO.jpg

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 12,072 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Little Egret today in Tralee Bay.

jehfoFQ.jpg?1

Oystercatcher in Tralee Bay today.

caIKXc5.jpg?1

Brent geese in Tralee Bay

QAsyRCs.jpg?1

Great Tit examining an apple today in Kerry, dug into it afterwards :)

mgTrqc9.jpg?1

Bar-Tailed Godwit ( I believe but please correct me if I am wrong ) Tralee Bay today.

jxlKNE7.jpg?1

• Advertisement

Coal Tit in Kerry yesterday

56dHTkf.jpg?1

Female House Sparrow Kerry yesterday.

gEzuMAB.jpg?1

Bar-Tailed Godwit and Oystercatcher from yesterday.

V8RAG06.jpg?1

zHy0FaX.jpg?2

Sanderling and a single Turnstone I think, pic taken over the weekend.

kDny53e.jpg?1

Lolie, thanks for the Bobby and robbie pictures have you named the new pair??

meteorite58 I love the perspective on Your Great tit and giant redapple picture, Did the greattit fallasleep after devouring the apple and is waiting for a Princetit....

Thanks again to all the photo contributers on this thread...

Metroite I also like your birds in flight over tralee bay pics, gives a great sense of freedom...

• Advertisement

Lolie, thanks for the Bobby and robbie pictures have you named the new pair??

meteorite58 I love the perspective on Your Great tit and giant redapple picture, Did the greattit fallasleep after devouring the apple and is waiting for a Princetit....

Thanks again to all the photo contributers on this thread...

Going to echo this ... this thread is the gift that keeps on giving. Thanks everyone!

Brent Geese in Tralee Bay over the weekend.

00DrF1M.jpg?1

RTE has launched a wildlife photography competition ... lots of possible winners on this thread!

Dunnock
    TqApRMt.jpg

I had a nice walk today and was lucky to see 4different robins (3hourswalk) whenever I see a robin I always imagine its the soul of my father paying me a quick visit to check in on me! Silly I know but just the way and today 2/4 robins weren't shy.
    My regular walk is canalbank and sadly no robins but the grey heron was back (after a few walks of not spotting) the grey heron reminds me of an old Chinese philosopher.

Newwave. Lolie, tercel, Metorite and many more on this thread I hope you're going to enter the RTe competition mentioned by Odeta above...

• Advertisement

Ringed Plover over the weekend.

4B2VqQR.jpg?1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

No idea what bird this is, any idea?

Q0UbQUn_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭Bsal

Think it might be a Snipe.

Whooper Swans in flight
    O9Oxkhy.jpg

Rockpipit I believe. Today in Tralee Bay.

27poc1o.jpg?1

Wagtail

0TYNTpm.jpg?1

Redshank today.

a3uaEfk.jpg?1

Curlew today.

tuzuLAE.jpg?1

Flock of Bar-Tailed Godwit today.

UMbuDOu.jpg?1

Watching Grey Crows picking up Molluscs and dropping them from a height onto rocks on the shoreline near Ballyheigue today.

TRZOwDu.jpg?1

4LWA2uT.jpg?1

QoByu9V.jpg?1

Ringed Plover from yesterday.

Sue0ivK.jpg?1

• Advertisement

Great Tit
    tYC5dWv.jpg

This little guy was parked on the house gutter. Shot taken through kitchen window.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭Pipmae

Nowhere near the quality of some photos on here but I’m learning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭Pipmae

Two robins in the first photo - one on the GAA net and the other mid flight.

Pipmae love your robins at home pictures...

Anybody see the photo in the weekend supplement of Irish times of "Fox and kingfisher" beside the dodder??? and the cloud watching photo. I'm watching the clouds outside my window what is the name of airplane line cloud??

.....what is the name of airplane line cloud??

Condensation Trails, usually shortened to Contrails.....

Today in the garden here in Kerry.

OtAWL6a.jpg?1

Heron Fishing
    qGdPcdU.jpg

Tpxe1JK.jpg

NEW WAVE wrote: »

Heron Fishing

Did 'he' manage to eat that New Wave?.....

kjZWT1m.jpg

No problem this was the second large trout the heron managed to catch in the space of an hour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭Thud

A few from last year i never posted...

539973.png

539967.jpeg

539966.jpeg

539970.jpeg

539969.jpeg

Advertisement