Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lidl - recommendations

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Space Dog

Every time I see your user name Space Dog, I see Spice Bag. What does that say about me? :pac:

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Space Dog wrote:
    I really like the Deluxe free-range eggs from corn-fed chickens, they taste very nice (of course that could be just in my mind and they taste like any other egg. The yolk does have a lovely colour though).

Every time I see your user name Space Dog, I see Spice Bag. What does that say about me?

You could not script this interaction. Gold. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭tangy

Space Dog, have you read the science fiction story Allamagoosa by Eric Frank Russell? :)

Summary (and spoiler) in the answer here:
    https://scifi.stackexchange.com/questions/84295/spaceship-crew-loses-piece-of-equipment-lies-about-it-causes-all-other-spacesh

• Registered Users Posts: 19,834 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

The Dulano pate selection, I'm on the second one and absolutely delicious, so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Space Dog

tangy wrote: »
    Space Dog, have you read the science fiction story Allamagoosa by Eric Frank Russell? :)

Summary (and spoiler) in the answer here:
    https://scifi.stackexchange.com/questions/84295/spaceship-crew-loses-piece-of-equipment-lies-about-it-causes-all-other-spacesh

I have not! My user name is a Tori Amos song that I love.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭AhhHere

For fans of Reece's, the peanut butter cups are solid

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Can anyone confirm is the xxl beer box brewed in France or Germany?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,882 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

AhhHere wrote: »
    For fans of Reece's, the peanut butter cups are solid
    They're fecking lovely, way nicer than Reeses imo, not as sickly sweet.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Honey flavoured peanuts and cashews.
    Good God, I could eat a bag in one go!

Trying to eat healthy snacks.
    They have lightly salted rice crackers (also Thai?) which are a nice crunch snack.
    Small bag of cocao and orange protein balls at the checkout which are a nice treat with a coffee.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭snowgal

I’m loving the Potato Skins.

Are these fresh or frozen, didn’t notice them today, thanks

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

The Deluxe pizzas in the chilled section are very good for a pre-made pizza.

Faith wrote: »

Are these the big oval ones? If so i very much agree they would be my go-to pizza if ordering from a Pizzaria isnt on the table.

My wife got an almost identical one from Supervalu the other day (the spicy chicken one) and it was very much the same thing but more expensive (i think).

The newer one they brought out with salami and njuda and little drop peppers is excellent imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

Kind of a random recommendation, but the deluxe Irish strawberry jam (black label) is a real winner. It has a lovely smooth texture, full of flavour and iirc has 4/5 ingredients.

Also, slightly off topic....does anyone know if the renovations on the Limerick (Dublin road) Lidl store have ceased in line with the government restrictions on closing construction sites? It was due to re-open sometime in February...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭snowgal

might be abit late now but also their deluxe little tubs of tiramiisu almond I think, are so yummy and light for a dessert!

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭AhhHere

Faith wrote: »

Had the chicken one and wasn't mad on it. Aldi much nicer. The base was very chewy from the Lidl one. Might give another one with different toppings a try

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Had the chicken one and wasn't mad on it. Aldi much nicer. The base was very chewy from the Lidl one. Might give another one with different toppings a try

The chargrilled Vegetable one is very nice.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Baggly wrote: »
    Are these the big oval ones? If so i very much agree they would be my go-to pizza if ordering from a Pizzaria isnt on the table.

My wife got an almost identical one from Supervalu the other day (the spicy chicken one) and it was very much the same thing but more expensive (i think).

The newer one they brought out with salami and njuda and little drop peppers is excellent imo.

They're the ones. Funnily, we also had the SuperValu version but much preferred the Lidl one.

I haven't tried the chicken one, but I think I've tried all the others and would recommend. I like the cheese combination they use (I think it might be the mascarpone). That being said, I wouldn't say it was a particularly crispy base alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,081 ✭✭✭Mervyn Skidmore

Chewy base is a bonus in a pizza.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,144 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

I don't usually eat sweet things, but those caramel waffles are amazing!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,191 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Dunno if it's been mentioned here yet, but a couple of jars of Lidl DeLuxe Marmalade with Gin at Christmas, and I find them really tasty.
    Will buy a half dozen, just in case they don't continue them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭autumnbelle

The beef dripping frozen chips are so tasty

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,580 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

Just had one of their cinnamon buns from the bakery. Really delicious. I was surprised by how good it was

• Registered Users Posts: 13,413 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    Dunno if it's been mentioned here yet, but a couple of jars of Lidl DeLuxe Marmalade with Gin at Christmas, and I find them really tasty.
    Will buy a half dozen, just in case they don't continue them.

I posted about it a few months ago, it's absolutely gorgeous. All of the boxes that came into my Lidl over Christmas consisted solely of the raspberry version, not a jar of marmalade to be found. I had planned to stock up as it is limited edition, but no joy.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,191 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Dial Hard wrote: »
    I posted about it a few months ago, it's absolutely gorgeous. All of the boxes that came into my Lidl over Christmas consisted solely of the raspberry version, not a jar of marmalade to be found. I had planned to stock up as it is limited edition, but no joy.

Cavan town store has a few trays with a good mix of the Gin mixture ones and I think, Whiskey and Cloves.
    Bought a half dozen this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Just had one of their cinnamon buns from the bakery. Really delicious. I was surprised by how good it was

What do they look like? I like their brownies and toffee yum yums but the latter are very sugary, one is enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

Their JD Grosse 70 and 85% chocolate seems to have gone missing again.

Has anyone seen it in their store?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,800 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Toulouse wrote: »

Their single origin is even nicer (no 85% though).
    Bit dearer iirc but still cheap.

Toulouse wrote: »

It went for a few weeks over xmas in Rathfarnham, but has been back the last week or two.

Their single origin is even nicer (no 85% though).
    Bit dearer iirc but still cheap.

Thanks but I actually don’t like the single origin and as you said no 85% which would be my go to.

• Advertisement

Baggly wrote: »
    It went for a few weeks over xmas in Rathfarnham, but has been back the last week or two.

Awesome, that’s my other local Lidl so I’ll do the shopping there next week.

Advertisement